1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I have to admit, I haven't exactly been enthralled by this block of episodes. I don't know why, but the story with Barlow just isn't ringing true to me, and I think that's why I haven't found them that great. The way he went into the Fletcher house and asked for a cup of tea, then shock horror broke Tom's mug, it didn't seem that threatening and those scenes just seemed to last far too long. However, there have been a few things to enjoy, like Lance and Martin for example. I do wish however that Sandra would go to the cops about her father, I hate that her and her mother are doing nothing about it.

I agree the scenes with Pippa and Barlow didn't seem threatening, it was more psychological, but it didn't come across that terrifying. I think the point was Pippa wouldn't be able to go to the cops about it because he didnt actually do or say anything threatening, he was just there and asked for a cuppa.

I loved all the Bobby/Lance/Carly banter today!

Yeah, I think that was meant to be one of the early in-jokes. When Fisher and Celia get added to the credits, there's two different types. One where Fisher catches Celia trying to read his papers, the other where Celia looks over the other shoulder and Fisher looks over the shoulder she usually appears at and there's no one there.

Mind you, I've only ever seen the more common one.

Episode 47: We first hear the details behind Stevo's pyrophobia, and "Pippa" pleads to Kerry Barlow to let Sandra see Steven (so much for a family feud I mean they seem to get along OK, not like Tom and Sam who want to punch each other up). Meanwhile, the "Nutter" seems to have good intentions for his lunatic behaviour, and

"Pippa" doesn't feel sorry for him as yet

Has anyone else noticed that Alf appears twice in the opening credits? :wink:

No? The only time he appears is when he is having a drink with Alsa??

No he appears twice once with Ailsa and once on the "let me be the one" verse.

Kerry Barlow gets on my nerves she has a go at Sandra for whinging about Sam Barlow hitting them and yet she can't seem to grasp the fact that Sam isn't going to change.

Has anyone else noticed that Alf appears twice in the opening credits? :wink:

No? The only time he appears is when he is having a drink with Alsa??

No he appears twice once with Ailsa and once on the "let me be the one" verse.

I haven't noticed him twice at all. Was it just a one off thing?

Archived