What do you think of Ruby?

Guest KirstyEkua

What do you think of Ruby?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A good actress and would be a decent character if they didn't keep giving her these awful self obsessed crush storylines (Miles, Geoff, Liam). Feel really sorry for the actress that she doesn't get proper storylines.

Totally agree with that, her character could be so good, but they are just making her a bit pathetic atm :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back to when I voted in this poll 12 months ago, I see I voted that I liked him but admitted I was going off her a bit.Now I'm probably verging towards "She drives me crazy."There's still a slight trace of a decent character in there but the way her relationship with Xavier developed over the last 12 months and the whole race riot storyline, in which she came across as at best a dangerous idealist and at worst someone who deliberately stirs up trouble and then acts surprised when things turn nasty, has seen me go right off her.I like her friendship with Nicole and her relationships with Charlie and Irene but it's interesting to contrast her crush on Miles and her crush on Liam and see how much the character's changed:In the former she seemed to realise deep down it was just a crush and got over it as soon as he had a chat with her, in the latter she's throwing herself at him, writing herself off and generally acting as though her life's over if she can't be with him...

You know i never really liked Ruby but since she has all these crushes first Miles now Liam a bit the same types atleast it was meant to miles a bit grungy look, wouldn't it have been better if there were like more guys teachers or women maybe in ten years cruches on the samesex will represent nothing except for the power position teachers of course :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I love her! Although it upsets me how her charcater is probably the most self-involved and not many people like her. I mean, you do see her caring for others.. sometimes. But most of the time she's always concerned about how the situation will affect her :|

Its a shame because when she first joined the show, her character had alot of potential. But I still think she's a bubbly and charasmatic character. :) Rebecca's a great actress, probably one of the best teens on there, but she deserves a better character. The whole diabetes thing was such a great storyline and HAA just blew it by never mentioning it again. :blink:

Otherwise, Ruby is great and is my favourite character on the show!

The last time I posted here I mentioned how I used to really like her but when her selfish side started to emerge I started to go off her. A few months ago I really, really disliked her mainly because of the whole business with Grant and the way she turned the situation around to make Charlie's rape all about her and also the way she messed with Xavier's head. Now I think I'm slowly starting to do a U-turn. Over the last few weeks I've started to feel a bit more sympathetic towards her, the situation with Liam being an example. I think she's a very lonely person at the moment and is stuck in a bit of a whole with Liam (UK pace) finding herself unable to get over him. I don't think he's really helping the situation in all honesty. She can still be quite annoying i.e. the way she talked Indy into selling her alcohol from Angelo's (in yesterday's episode) but I did really enjoy the scenes with her and April earlier on in the week so hopefully as they say it will be start of a beautiful friendship and we will see a return of the old Ruby.

Archived