Home and Away: The Early Years

Guest SummerBayLocal

Five-a-day would be frankly too much IMO. Indeed it would make the episodes fly by, but by next Xmas we'd be watching Bobby's death and frankly that's too fast. I woudn't be able to keep up quite frankly. Go away on a two week holiday and the VCR fails and you'd be wondering who this mysterious Meg was that Blake was so upset about or wonder why five of the original cast have disappeared over two days etc.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

There is a new channel being launched on Sky television in the UK, and it has stated it will be airing a classic Australian soap opera, the name of which is still to be confirmed. But it could be H&A. The channel is called Sofa Stars. More info can be found here.

Exciting times!

• 1 month later...

How likely is it that they'll continue to show the early years? I'm really enjoying seeing the old episodes from the beginning, in full, in order.

As Old H&A Fan says in their signature, they've (7TWO) been really good in not missing any episodes. I remember reading that last time they repeated the old episodes from the beginning they stopped when Michael Ross was introduced, and jumped to 1996 after he had left due to legal issues, or something.

Is this likely to happen again? It would be a real shame.

We don't know. I think we're about 6 months away from finding out.

623 is the episode they stopped at last time.

651 is Michael Ross' first episode (though my guess is that the Michael Ross in previous repeats time gap is just coincidence)

It was the ITV2 repeats I believe that jumped to 1996. Australians have never had repeats past 623. Something else, but probably wrong, but the last Early Years episode aired the day the Mirigini sank - it may have been that the repeats were supposed to lead up to that reunion.

Archived