Home and Away: The Early Years

Guest SummerBayLocal

I dont suppose any of you kind aussies over there would be uploading theses wonderful early years episodes????? :wink:

We had the channel 5 years, but they took them off, that was only from 2000 - it would be great to see from 1988, as I only started watching from 1993.

plz, plz plz???? :wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning to Australian Home And Away fans who do not live in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne or Adelaide, ie. those who receive Channel 7 through Prime TV:

Home And Away: The Early Years will NOT be shown for the time being because you do not have access to Channel Seven's fabulous new extra digital channel, SevenTwo.....for the time being.

You are stuck with only one Channel Seven channel (Prime Television) and there is no definite date as to when you will be receiving SevenTwo.

I have checked the Freeview website and they have no information about this, other than to say for Darwin and Hobart users, they do have a date to wait for, which is December 1.

The rest of us, stuck with Prime Television, have no hope of receiving Home And Away: The Early Years through SevenTwo, and have no date as to when we will be getting SevenTwo, other than to say "Coming Soon" :rolleyes:

HERE IS WHY YOU ARE MISSING OUT!

(according to the Freeview website)

Will 7TWO be available in regional areas?

7TWO will commence broadcasting to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane via the Seven Network at 12pm on Sunday 1 November, 2009.

At this stage, the only network that has announced an affiliation with Channel 7 is Southern Cross Television. They will launch 7TWO in Tasmania and Darwin on Tuesday 1 December, 2009.

In Tasmania, 7TWO will be available in Standard Definition on Channel 62 to residents who currently receive a Southern Cross Television digital signal.

In Darwin, 7TWO will be available in Standard Definition on Channel 72 to residents who currently receive a Southern Cross Television digital signal.

Roll out to other parts of Australia is yet to be confirmed. Freeview is not responsible for the broadcast or timing of the roll out across Australia. This is at the discretion of the individual broadcaster responsible for Seven in each region. Please continue to check back to the Freeview website for updated information about the timing of the roll out to your area.

***UPDATE***

I have just received a reply to my email to Freeview:

PRIME hopes to make an announcement on its multi-channels in the near

future. Freeview is not responsible for the broadcast or timing of the roll

out across Australia. This is at the discretion of the individual

broadcaster responsible for Seven in each region. Please continue to check

back to the Freeview website www.freeview.com.au for updated information

about the timing of the roll out to your area.

While there is hope in the future, it seems Prime are still being non-specific about when they will bring us SevenTwo and The Early Years.

I have rung Prime Television and put it to them that they would be missing at least a month of programming from 7two, and they said they are a separate company/entity from the Seven Network, they are only a customer of Channel 7.

As for when/if they are bringing SevenTwo to us, the spokeswoman said they will be making an announcement sometime this month, and that's all the information they had.

• 1 month later...

GOOD NEWS

SevenTwo is AT LAST coming to Prime!

After what looks like weeks of hard work behind the scenes with the infrastructure that broadcasts the digital signals, Prime TV will at last be bringing SevenTwo to Prime viewing areas.

The announcement was made by Prime CEO Doug Edwards in a press release which can be found here.

SevenTwo will be coming to Prime as of 9am Wednesday, December 23 just half an hour before Episode 36 airs!

Prime viewers will be able to find SevenTwo on Channel 62 on our digital receivers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived