Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

I had the weirdest dream recently that Duncan returned and when he saw Roo he was like "Who's this?" and Alf said don't you recognise your sister and Duncan said "This isn't Roo, I just flew over with Roo" and then Justine Clarke walked in. Then Alf turned to fake Roo and said something along the lines of "Who the flamin hell are you?" and she took off her wig and it was Quinn. Then an ominous shadow appeared on the wall behind her and Marilyn screamed. It was really sinister!

LOL :'D

• 8 months later...

I've just joined this forum and have read people's comments with much interest.

I didn't used to watch the earlier episodes, so I have no memory of Justine Clarke as Roo. However I absolutely love her character as portrayed by Georgie Parker. The fact that she seems a "fount of knowledge" and multi talented is probably because of her age in comparison to the younger characters and varied life experiences. I like the way that she is stong, assertive and fun. She actually reminds me of a real world friend of mine.

One thing that someone here could help me with (Please, pretty please) is that I would love to know who supplies Roo's amazing wardrobe. I love her array of flowing maxi dresses, and would like to know which outlets supply them. Being of similar age to Georgie Parker I'm always on the look out for stuff that's age appropriate but not fuddy duddy. Any help with this fashion quandry would be greatly appreciated. I love Roo's maxis! I want Roo's maxis...or at least to be able to buy similar.

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I've no idea where they get Roo's wardrobe from, but it's good to see another fan of hers.

It's a shame this is the first post about Roo since November 2011, I hope Harvey leaves soon and she gets some more interesting storylines!

Great to meet you albeit sight unseen cadyctslover, and glad to meet another Roo fan. Might have to give ourselves a name there Roo's Roosters maybe?

Doesn't look like Harvey's going anywhere fast. Looks like there's wedding bells in there...unless the scriptwriters have some other development up their sleeves, and as for those maxis don't worry I see you're in London but hopefully one of H&A's Australian followers will be able to solve my fashion quandary. Meanwhile happy viewing and catch you on here in future.

I think its interesting and maybe a first that we haven't seen Roo have a real good cry about anything since she returned in 2010? (as far as I'm aware?). I do like how they've made her a very lighthearted and upbeat character, but the storylines have been pretty superficial (romance after romance) all the way through.

My favorite scenes were with Alf during her fist 12 months, where they had some sentimental father/daughter scenes. I'd like to see her be given a more serious plot, that doesn't involve crime in any way shape or form.

Edited by alexx

I think its interesting and maybe a first that we haven't seen Roo have a real good cry about anything since she returned in 2010? (as far as I'm aware?). I do like how they've made her a very lighthearted and upbeat character, but the storylines have been pretty superficial (romance after romance) all the way through.

My favorite scenes were with Alf during her fist 12 months, where they had some sentimental father/daughter scenes. I'd like to see her be given a more serious plot, that doesn't involve crime in any way shape or form.

You make a good point about her storylines. They have been rather superficial haven't they? The scriptwriter's problem seems to be that whenever they decide to get serious the storylines inevitably involve crime and at the "heavier" end of the scale quite disproportionate to the program's setting. It's just as well Summer Bay isn't a real beach community, because after all the shootings, people smugglings, killings, standover tactics and drug running the tourism they rely on would've been killed off long ago.

Just as well it's not real. Ha ha. After all we wouldn't have much to watch if the place became a ghost town.

Or cancer!!

...I'd like to see her be given a more serious plot, that doesn't involve crime in any way shape or form.

Or cancer!!

A Collette Dinnigan-esque pregnancy?! But then she'd have to leave. Quite seriously it'd be nice to see her become a mother of sorts but not to Lottie. It would need to be to a teenage girl who didn't have a mother for the storyline to have the potential to help Roo revisit the pain she feels about Martha.

• 2 weeks later...

She's too fabulous for both of them in my opinion, they just drag her down. I like Tim a WHOLE lot more than Harvey though not gonna lie.

I love that she's upbeat and fun cause this show is very dark at the moment, but I do wish she'd have a more substantial storyline, but I wish that for a lot of characters.