Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

I kind of take your point, Slade, but I don't really agree.I don't think she turned Angelo down because she thought she was too good for him but because she thought she was too old for him.(And he did end up with Nicole.)And, while I do occasionally get a bit bored of her being shoehorned into every episode, I don't think the other characters are suffering as a result.Irene's been a bit rubbish at times for quite a few years now.And it's not like Roo's right every time:Her advice to Romeo resulted in him getting into a deal with the River Boys.I wasn't too happy about the way she seemed to usurp Miles as Roo's guardian and confidante but it's clear the current writers had no interest in their relationship, prior to Roo coming back they were giving Morag the scenes that should have been Miles'.

I actually think Marilyn's been a complete cow to her since she's been back and Roo's done nothing to deserve it and shown the patience of a saint:Most people would have told Marilyn where to go but Roo, however much she might grouse behind her back, tends to be polite in the face of her abuse and even did as Marilyn said and kept her distance from Nicole when she realised her involvement was making a tense situation worse.I don't mind the spark between her and Sid, mainly because in the current UK episodes they haven't overstepped the bounds of friendship.

That "Marilyn would be in jail if not for me" was an odd comment and a typical example of the show's inability to properly explain storylines.It seemed like Marilyn's continued liberty was mainly down to Nicole not pressing charges.It would probably be the case that if Marilyn had taken George to another state instead of Roo getting her to return him that she'd be worse off but whether she'd have been charged regardless of Nicole's wishes I don't know.Although I've seen it suggested, I don't think the show is trying to present Marilyn as a medical rather than criminal case, more like desperate people doing desperate things.

I personally love Roo, she is such a different and interesting character, she is far from perfect but for me that is the appeal. People go to her for advice which I think personally is a good thing. Marilyn has asked for help with Sid, I have to admit I was willing Roo to give her some bad advice because the idea of Sid & Roo is very appealing to me. She is kind and yet she is feisty at the same time. That is what I like about her, she is far from a role model but she doesn’t pretend to be someone she isn’t.

She has let Marilyn basically put her down and I don’t think if I was her that I would let that happen. I love Roo and I am very glad that Home & Away brought her back albeit with a different actress but I look forward to seeing Roo develop a relationship with Sid as long as he is not still with Marilyn because I don’t want to see Roo be defiled by Marilyn anymore.

^ So you hate her because she's perfect?

Jealous much? <_<

:lol::lol: Classic. It was worth returning to the thread just to read that. OK then:

1. Tell me where exactly in my post I’ve said I hated her.

2. Please explain how you think I’m “jealous” – If you’re going to ask questions (or should I say make statements) like that you should at least have something to back it up with.

Red Ranger, I’ve read a lot of your posts as of late on the UK discussion thread and I’ve come to the conclusion that with certain characters we both see them quite differently – I’m not just talking about Roo here but I do think some of what you said makes sense i.e. Angelo and Marilyn’s attitude towards Roo before but I still stand by most of what I said.

• 2 months later...

Dont usually post in this forum, but just dropped in to say Roo is by far my favourite character in the show atm.

Actually..my favourite thing about the show. I feel like even though they replaced the actress, nobody (even justine clarke) could play the role better than Georgie Parker. Thats all.

• 2 months later...

I had the weirdest dream recently that Duncan returned and when he saw Roo he was like "Who's this?" and Alf said don't you recognise your sister and Duncan said "This isn't Roo, I just flew over with Roo" and then Justine Clarke walked in. Then Alf turned to fake Roo and said something along the lines of "Who the flamin hell are you?" and she took off her wig and it was Quinn. Then an ominous shadow appeared on the wall behind her and Marilyn screamed. It was really sinister!

I had the weirdest dream recently that Duncan returned and when he saw Roo he was like "Who's this?" and Alf said don't you recognise your sister and Duncan said "This isn't Roo, I just flew over with Roo" and then Justine Clarke walked in. Then Alf turned to fake Roo and said something along the lines of "Who the flamin hell are you?" and she took off her wig and it was Quinn. Then an ominous shadow appeared on the wall behind her and Marilyn screamed. It was really sinister!

Oh can't stop laughing at your post! :D:lol: And I like the quotes in your signature :P-which episode number do they come from?