Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

2 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Unless the writers want to completely rewrite history, I dont recall Frank going back to New York when Bobby chose Greg over him. I remember asking what happened to him and the general consensus is that he was working somewhere in Australia and still single. 

I must be the only one who doesnt want to see Frank and Roo back together. What would be the point? 

However I wouldn't mind seeing Alex return for a guess spot, maybe to meet Sally in Summer Bay or something. I dont get the impression that he would want to stay longer than a few episodes. 

When Frank returned for Sally & Kieran’s Wedding in 2000, his final scene with Pippa on the foot of the stairs at Summer Bay House referenced a high flying job in Manhattan and International flights waiting for no-one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c120701 said:

When Frank returned for Sally & Kieran’s Wedding in 2000, his final scene with Pippa on the foot of the stairs at Summer Bay House referenced a high flying job in Manhattan and International flights waiting for no-one.

Thanks for mentioning this because ive never seen the episode, so my opinion is based on what others said.

I remember he told Ailsa in his final scene in 1992 that he was going to London, but I don't think he did. I could be wrong but another forum member said Steve(?) or someone else said at one of Sallys other weddings that Frank was working in either Queensland/Goldcoast. 

• 3 months later...

Started to really think Ruth has well and truly run her course!. 

I really do like Ruth as a character but just feel she is too much of spare part.  She is just not the same exciting character she was when she first returned in 2010.

I know people say the same about other long term characters but at least people like Alf/Irene/Leah feel more solid members of community.  

19 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Started to really think Ruth has well and truly run her course!. 

I really do like Ruth as a character but just feel she is too much of spare part.  She is just not the same exciting character she was when she first returned in 2010.

I know people say the same about other long term characters but at least people like Alf/Irene/Leah feel more solid members of community.  

The only reason Ruth has run her course is because TPTB don't use her charecter for much nowadays. She is only seen as a guardian for Ryder and a teacher for Summer Bay High. If the writers would give her a partner, update/return of Martha or even a return of her former husband Frank Morgan. We would then see Georgie Parker back in action! 

The problem is the shine and novelty of long serving charecters often wear off after several years on screen. But it's solely up to TPTB to evolve these charecters and get more creative with storylines.

So I personally think Ruth as a charecter and Georgie as an actress have not yet run their course as their is so much potential!

• 1 month later...

Hopefully her daughter Martha might return one day and not sure if there’s much potential with bringing Frank back as their marriage ended 29 years ago and Ruth hasn’t mentioned him at all I don’t think since her return. 

But I think once Ryder leaves then it might be the right time for Ruth to leave as Alf has got Martha to talk to now. 

I do like Ruth but unfortunately I just find her character too much of a spare part now. 

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

I really like Roo.  She may not currently get big storylines but I always enjoy her appearances.

It would be great if Martha Jr came back.  Jodi recently spoke about whether she would consider it now she's back in Sydney full time and said she loves Georgie and it's a shame that they never appeared on screen together.

• 2 weeks later...