Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

10 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

I definitely agree that she was only brought back so that Alf had a family member to talk to - that's it. No interest in actually having "Roo" in the show.

You could Ruth kind of replaced Ailsa, even though it was over decade after Ailsa's death that they bought her back!

I bet if Ailsa had stayed they probably wouldn’t have worried about bringing her back, at least not as a long term regular. 

On 19/08/2019 at 04:12, Sunny Girl said:

I think she is being completely wasted. She was amazing in 'All Saints' and it almost seems as if she has settled for a reliable income where, as you say, she can tread the boards whenever she wants. 

Pretty much. In my opinion she has the role because of her status as an actress.

I personally don't think she is right for the part

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2019 at 18:12, Sunny Girl said:

I think she is being completely wasted. She was amazing in 'All Saints' and it almost seems as if she has settled for a reliable income where, as you say, she can tread the boards whenever she wants. 

I agree - I too, loved her on All Saints, and feel her talents are wasted given what Roo has done since her return. I honestly thought Georgie would have got bored and left after a few years. The show hired a number of high profile and experienced actors around that time (Georgie, Sonia Todd, Robert Mammone, Jay Laga'aia, Marcus Graham) and they were all underused and left after a few years. 

I guess, as you say, she has the best of both worlds. She has a reliable income, but also the freedom to basically tread the boards whenever she wants. 

On 21/08/2019 at 01:47, Summer's Bay said:

Pretty much. In my opinion she has the role because of her status as an actress.

I personally don't think she is right for the part

Me too. I like Georgie, but she's always felt like an odd choice for a Roo recast. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 04:24, j.laur5 said:

I say if Justine Clarke had returned as Ruth in 2010 then Ruth would probably have left by now. 

Who thinks maybe Ruth leaving with Harvey might of been a good time for her to leave?. 

Not saying I would like her to leave  but just wondering from other people point of views?. 

I think when Justine left, she was pretty much done. I think the hoping she would change her mind is what delayed the return of the character. In my opinion it wouldve been a good opportunity to bring Roo back after Franks stint and just see how she would've interacted with the characters. 

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Alex Papps would ever come back? I guess it’d be confusing having an unrelated Morgan whilst the other Morgans are on the show, although they’d just need to point out that it isn’t their real surname. 

I guess Frank could lose his job in New York, or have a health scare that finally gets him to slow down. It’d be good to see him and Roo together again, even if it isn’t Justine. Plus it’d make visits from Pippa more possible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, c120701 said:

I wonder if Alex Papps would ever come back? I guess it’d be confusing having an unrelated Morgan whilst the other Morgans are on the show, although they’d just need to point out that it isn’t their real surname. 

I guess Frank could lose his job in New York, or have a health scare that finally gets him to slow down. It’d be good to see him and Roo together again, even if it isn’t Justine. Plus it’d make visits from Pippa more possible.

I just don’t think it would work with Georgie Parker as Ruth. 

If Justine Clarke was playing Ruth still I would be all for it. 

I think bring back Harvey would be better! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2019 at 14:06, c120701 said:

Unless the writers want to completely rewrite history, I dont recall Frank going back to New York when Bobby chose Greg over him. I remember asking what happened to him and the general consensus is that he was working somewhere in Australia and still single. 

I must be the only one who doesnt want to see Frank and Roo back together. What would be the point? 

However I wouldn't mind seeing Alex return for a guess spot, maybe to meet Sally in Summer Bay or something. I dont get the impression that he would want to stay longer than a few episodes. 

Edited by Summer's Bay