Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

• 1 month later...

Since Ruth be back she really has felt like sidelined character and not fitting in anymore. 

I really like Ruth but now started feel character perhaps run her course. 

I know people say  same thing about Leah/Irene/Marilyn but at least they have strong presence in community and Leah getting storyline with Justin and Marilyn paired with John and has  Jett storyline and Irene being mother figure  with Bella and Jasmine and Willow.

Wheres Ruth with she is just has nothing going on anymore other then being other teacher at school and she is not even being proper gundain to Ryder and Ruth already left several times leaving  Ryder to be taking care of by Leah. 

Leah might trusted person but Ruth should not   be leaving wherever  she pleases as Ryder surpose to be in Ruth care not Leah’s. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Since Ruth be back she really has felt like sidelined character and not fitting in anymore. 

I know people say  same thing about Leah/Irene/Marilyn but at least they have strong presence in community and Leah getting storyline with Justin and Marilyn paired with John and has  Jett storyline and Irene being mother figure  with Bella and Jasmine and Willow.

Wheres Ruth with she is just has nothing going on anymore other then being other teacher at school and she is not even being proper gundain to Ryder and Ruth already left several times leaving  Ryder to be taking care of by Leah. 

Leah might trusted person but Ruth should not   be leaving wherever  she pleases as Ryder surpose to be in Ruth care not Leah’s. 

I agree but she's only been back a few days so hopefully they do have a storyline lined up for her. I think the issue is is that a lot of the long-running actors have quite a few (seemingly long) breaks.

I guess there's always the possibility of her developing more of a relationship with Martha if she comes back? Or they could give her another love interest.

17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

How did the writers gloss over the fact that Roo failed her HSC but is now a teacher? Did she get a GED and a degree in USA? 

3 hours ago, Lunar said:

I agree but she's only been back a few days so hopefully they do have a storyline lined up for her. I think the issue is is that a lot of the long-running actors have quite a few (seemingly long) breaks.

I guess there's always the possibility of her developing more of a relationship with Martha if she comes back? Or they could give her another love interest.

How many love interests has she had since returning? As long as we don’t see Frank turn up our of the blue.

3 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

How did the writers gloss over the fact that Roo failed her HSC but is now a teacher? Did she get a GED and a degree in USA? 

How many love interests has she had since returning? As long as we don’t see Frank turn up our of the blue.

I can't remember - I think she did some fast track teaching course and started out as an aide but don't know if they mentioned her doing a degree? Just that Maggie thought she'd be a good fit due to her marketing experience and that she'd been a lecturer?

There was Miles, Sid, Harvey, James...James was a few years ago though and I don't think she's had any romantic storylines since.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like Roo and I hope she has a storyline coming up. I’m so pleased Georgie Parker has remained on the show for almost 9 years.

I love that she is always promoting Home and Away on her Instagram and she is always posting photos of the show and her colleagues. 

• Like 2

Always had the  impression that she was only brought back so Alf could have a family member to talk to.

It's the same with Martha I think she just bought form dead just so Ruth and Alf have excuse to leave when Ray or Georgia taking time off and  same with Karl on Neighbours as believe they created Holly as  excuse for Karl to leave as Alan wants time off. 

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2019 at 01:04, Summer's Bay said:

She was a university lecturer during the period of 2010/2011 too when she first returned. 

Obviously Roo has had a storyline here and there but right now, nothing. Just somebody for Maggie to talk to about Ben.

She's a good actress, seems like she's being wasted, but i guess for Georgie she has the best of both worlds; regular income and the freedom to go off and do plays whenever she pleases. 

• 2 weeks later...