Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

would love to see Alf's daughter, Roo come back to the Bay. She has a lot of ties to the bay at the moment being Martha's mother and used to get on very well with Morag. She is currently living in New York, working as a secretary but used to have an evil streak to her, getting pregnant with Brett Macklin's child but tricking Frank into believing Martha was his. She later put her up for adoption but martha found her years later and spent time with her in New York. Justine Clarke was a great actress. Would be nice to see her back.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

^ Yes, I agree. Roo was a great character. For someone so straight it's amazing how Alf brought up to such "evil" (although not totally evil) children in Roo and Duncan.

What was interesting about Roo was that she was a vindictive, attention seeking character and those roles are only ever given over to guest roles since. To have a permanent character in that role was great, although we didn't fully understand that at the time of course. As the years have passed we have seen how characters like Roo usually just get a 6 week slot.

^ Yes, I agree. Roo was a great character. For someone so straight it's amazing how Alf brought up to such "evil" (although not totally evil) children in Roo and Duncan.

What was interesting about Roo was that she was a vindictive, attention seeking character and those roles are only ever given over to guest roles since. To have a permanent character in that role was great, although we didn't fully understand that at the time of course. As the years have passed we have seen how characters like Roo usually just get a 6 week slot.

The thing is people remember the first few months where she was against Ailsa and Bobby and then tricked Frank into marrying her, by telling him he was the father of her child. By the end of the year and during 1989, Roo had become more the victim.

There is still so much unfinished business with Roo though and it's a crime she hasn't been back particularly since her dad, and now, her daughter live there. I doubt Justine Clark would ever return since she seems busy in theater and Hollywood but I am not a fan of recasts!

On a side note, I think they should consider bringing Quin back into the picture and sort that storyline out because her initial introduction was so fast and didnt have much of a long term impact on Alf at all.

Edited by alexx

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow...this thread has really little interest...surprising for a current character. :huh:

The reason I wanted to post here.....it is just me or does anyone else think that Roo is seen with alcohol in practically every scene!?

Its been bugging me for a while. She always seen bringing wine home, opening bottles, having a beer etc, etc.....tonight it was champagne.

I dont know...maybe its just to convey her former party girl lifestyle or something, at least it doesnt seem to be linked to anything else.

Anyway...just something I noticed and wanted to share....

You can go back to ignoring this thread now! :ph34r::wink: