Boyzone star Stephen Gately dies

Guest suzannelgnz

The Daily Mail is probably the worse of any tabloid related ones. They wouldn't know respect if it came up and bit them. They focus on negativity only. It's one of those sources I go out of my way to avoid. Waste of energy.

I can't believe how sad I am over it. Even stumbling across the smallest of articles sets a lump in my throat. Without meaning disrespect to previous ones, it's the first celebrity death I've been quite so saddened over (although I was pretty gutted over Heath Ledger). I watched the video on sky news before of the boyzone boys releasing their statement and it set me off.

In a way, it's comforting to know they had all made peace before Stephen's death and you only have to glance at them to see how distraught they obviously are. I hope the media respect their wishes and give them privacy right now. Along with Stephen's family, including his husband.

That article Zoe posted above about the residents clearing up the area ahead of the ceremony is quite lovely, in a bittersweet way. It's nice to see just how respectful people are being over his death.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan Moir's article is disgraceful, she has no respect for anyone's feelings at all :angry:

Watching the Boyz deliver there statement today was so sad, they looked absolutely shattered by their grief :( I just hope they have the strength to get through tomorrow. My thoughts will be with them and every other member of his family and all his fans that have been heartbroken by this terrible tragedy :(

I know, I watched it on the news tonight, that the four remaining lads from Boyzone will be staying in the chapel with Stephens coffin, & seen them all, with their statement and Ronan reading out, you could totally see how shattered they were over the loss of Stephen. I thought it was a nice tribute what Ronan, Keith, Mikey & Shane have all had done, which is that they had a tattoo on their arm, with Stephens date of birth and the date he died, will also be a good tribute to Stephen that the lads will also be singing one of the Boyzone songs at the funeral. Which there will be loud speakers, so the fans out on the streets can hear them singing.

My thoughts will be with the Boyzone guys, Louis, Stephens family & all his fans for tomorrow.

RIP Stephen Gatley :(

Just wanted to say that i am so proud of those Boyz for having the strength to get through yesterday, it was such an emotional service and they all did Stephen proud :) i wish then all the strength in the world to get through the dark days ahead.

Sleep tight Stephen xxxxx

I'll never forget you

I watched it yesterday, it was a good send off that they gave for Stephen. So Sad, when the Boyz sang, & then Keith, Mikey & Ronan did their individual tributes with their eulogy, when Ronan spoke, hearing him cry, it made me cry, very sad. They all did Stephen proud though :)

R.I.P Stephen Gatley

Yes What can i say that hasnt been said Stephen was a clean living fellow from a very ordenary family he will be missed by every one who heard him sing yeasterday was a very sad day in ther history of Music Ronan Mikey Keith did him proud and Stephen will be looking on them just to make sure there ok.

R.I.P. Stephen you will be sadly missed xxxx

Archived