Boyzone star Stephen Gately dies

Guest suzannelgnz

The late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately died of natural causes, a post mortem examination in Spain has established.

An official said he suffered a pulmonary oedema, which is an accumulation of fluid on the lungs.

The 33-year-old star was found dead at his holiday home in Majorca on Saturday.

The judge has also authorised Gately's civil partner Andrew Cowles and family to take his body home to Ireland so funeral arrangements can be made.

(source - BBC News website)

Maybe the newspapers will now stop printing all there horrible speculation and let him rest in peace.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen's body is to be flown home on Friday and his funeral will be held on Saturday at his local church on Sheriff Street in Dublin where he was raised. From what i've heard the rest of the boyz from Boyzone are flying back out to Majorca later in the week to accompany him home :(

Stephen's body is to be flown home on Friday and his funeral will be held on Saturday at his local church on Sheriff Street in Dublin where he was raised. From what i've heard the rest of the boyz from Boyzone are flying back out to Majorca later in the week to accompany him home :(

:( I think that is going to be the hardest thing they will ever have to do in their life :( my thoughts are with them.

^ Yeah, I have just read that Ronan, Mikey Keith & Shane will be carrying the coffin at the funeral :(

Boyzone stars 'to carry Gately coffin

The four surviving members of Boyzone will reportedly carry Stephen Gately's coffin at his funeral on Saturday.

Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch, Keith Duffy and Mikey Graham, as well as two of Gately's family members, are expected to bring his body to the service at St Laurence O'Toole's Church on Sheriff Street in Dublin.

The singer's husband Andrew Cowles, parents Martin and Margaret and siblings Michelle, Tony, Alan and Mark and will be joined by manager Louis Walsh and other celebrity friends for the funeral, which starts at midday.

"Stephen's husband Andrew and his family have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the public," lawyer Gerald Kean told Sky News.

"This is an extremely difficult time for the family but they are lifted by the fact everyone who ever met Stephen Gately had positive, happy memories.

"He was a unique, beautiful young man."

Thousands of fans are expected to line the streets on Saturday and residents of the the Sheriff Street district have reportedly been cleaning up the area ahead of the ceremony.

Pretty annoyed today about something I read in the paper. The mysterious Bulgarian who allegedly went back to Stephen and Andy's home with them is making horrible allegations. I wish he'd just shut up! And anyway, isn't he making himself a suspect by saying these things? :angry::angry:

Pretty annoyed today about something I read in the paper. The mysterious Bulgarian who allegedly went back to Stephen and Andy's home with them is making horrible allegations. I wish he'd just shut up! And anyway, isn't he making himself a suspect by saying these things? :angry::angry:

Yeah i have to admit i was totally stunned by that story, personally i think all he cares about is the money :angry: i read yesterday he was trying to tout his story for a four figure sum. It makes me sick :angry:

It is disgusting but it's the same when any celeb dies, there is always someone waiting in the wings to sell some dodgy story.

Just saw the rest of the boyz making a statement to the media in Palma, Majorca before they bring Stephen home, it was pretty sad and defintley brought a tear to my eye :(

Whats been written in the Daily Mail today is absolutley disgusting written by a jurno named Jan Moir she so dose not know what shes taliking about many people on twitter are up in arms as to what shes put and any one with sence would report her to the Press Complaints Commision she needs to be pulled to book over her artical and be made to make a publis appolagy to Stephen Gatleys family and friends.

Archived