The X Factor 2009

Guest Lesley_Baker

I'm loving Stacey Solomon at the moment, she has such an amazing voice and is so likeable

:lol: She's brilliant, I love her personality, she's sooo dippy. BUT, I'm a sucker when it comes to the boys.

I think a guy should win this year, we don't want another Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke.

I don't know why the judges keep insisting they do Leona Lewis songs <_< We want something different not a cloned copy! :rolleyes: Luckily they didn't this week.

Yup my faves are Olly, Lloyd, Jamie & Stacey. :P Out of those 4 I acutally don't mind who wins. If a girl does win it has to be Stacey.

Hmmm and the reason why Rachel kept being in the bottom two was because of her ridiculous hair style, luckily they've twigged on. I was actually warming up to the girl last night, and I kind of felt sorry for her.... until after the song when she opened her mouth and started acting like a manic! - totally false... I wouldn't be suprised if she was in the bottom two again.

I am just praying for John&Edward to go, actually Rachel can join them.

But at the end of the day, yes they keep giving entertaining performances, but you can't entertain on a CD, you have to have the voice... which sadly they don't have.

The only reason they're staying in is because the whole of bloody Ireland is voting for them, (no offence to the Irish, but sadly its true) urghhh they really annoy me.... Plus in boot camp they knicked that poor girls song! - Shame on you JOHN AND EDWARD! :lol:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason they're staying in is because the whole of bloody Ireland is voting for them, (no offence to the Irish, but sadly its true) urghhh they really annoy me....[/quote]

I don't think we can vote here in Ireland this year {i'll have to check out TV3 tonight} so it's the British public keeping them in not us :lol:

Loved last nights show, Big Band week is always my fave. Lucie, Stacey, Miss Frank and Danyl were my top 4 last night. I have to agree with Louis that it was a bit of a cheat Simon giving Jamie a U2 song when they're about as Big Band as i am, he should have stuck with "If I Can Dream" which they had originally chosen, it would have been more appropriate.

Hated Lloyd again last night, i don't rate him at all. And i don't know what it is but i really don't like Olly either, i feel about him the way some others feel about Danyl, i think he thinks he's great and comes across as really smug. Maybe thats just me though :lol:

Hmmm and the reason why Rachel kept being in the bottom two was because of her ridiculous hair style, luckily they've twigged on. I was actually warming up to the girl last night, and I kind of felt sorry for her.... until after the song when she opened her mouth and started acting like a manic! - totally false... I wouldn't be suprised if she was in the bottom two again.

Yeah i totally agree, was warming to her a lot more and she even looked sweeter with her new hairstyle, then she started going completely over the top and that was it for me, i can't stand all that hysterical stuff :P

Yeah i totally agree, was warming to her a lot more and she even looked sweeter with her new hairstyle, then she started going completely over the top and that was it for me, i can't stand all that hysterical stuff :P

Same, I thought that with her last night too, I actually liked Rachel, with her appearance changed, got rid of the hairstyle and the heavy make up, and she was better than the previews shows, but when she started talking to Dermot, I thought she over reacted and started going over the top.

So for that, I reckon she could be in the bottom two again.

Also thought Cheryl was dreadful singing on last weeks show. Even with pre recorded vocals the song still sounded way out of tune and heard it on the radio yesterday and it sounded the same.

I'm glad someone else thought that, not just me! :)

I don't know who I want to win this year. Jamie Affro maybe **shrugs** :unsure: . It doesn't help that I keep missing Saturday's show and they don't seem to repeat it anymore. At least, I can't find which channel it's on if they do.

Loved last nights show, Big Band week is always my fave. Lucie, Stacey, Miss Frank and Danyl were my top 4 last night. I have to agree with Louis that it was a bit of a cheat Simon giving Jamie a U2 song when they're about as Big Band as i am, he should have stuck with "If I Can Dream" which they had originally chosen, it would have been more appropriate.

I agree with you, but I can't believe how bad the double standards were last night. Jamie wasn't the only one who didn't do a big band number - Rachel didn't either. Her song was nothing to do with big band - Credence Clearwater Revival are a rock band! I thought Louis was way out of line to criticise Jamie and praise Rachel, it was just nonsensical. I hope Jamie doesn't end up in the bottom two just because they made such an issue of the song choice.

Right, having got that off my chest, I'm loving Stacey and Miss Frank so far. Danyl, Jamie, Joe and Lucie are also very, very good. Olly is great but he reminds me of a cross between Robbie and Will Young, and on that basis I just don't see a gap in the market for him. Obviously the twins need to be kicked out as soon as possible, but aside from them I think Lloyd or Rachel should go tonight.

I agree with you, but I can't believe how bad the double standards were last night. Jamie wasn't the only one who didn't do a big band number - Rachel didn't either. Her song was nothing to do with big band - Credence Clearwater Revival are a rock band!

OMG, Rachel sang a CCC song? I LOVE Credence Clearwater Revival (I HATE big band music!) I missed last night's show but I'd like to have heard that, Rachel has a very powerful voice.

ETA Hmm, I just watched Rachel on You Tube and that beautiful rock song Proud Mary had been ruined by being jazzed up :( and made way too bluesy :( . Rachel looked good and sang it well enough tho considering :). It would be fantastic if we could hear her sing the real version.

Also thought Cheryl was dreadful singing on last weeks show. Even with pre recorded vocals the song still sounded way out of tune and heard it on the radio yesterday and it sounded the same.

She didn't prerecord it. They gave her so much stick in the press for it that she changed her mind in the end and did it live. I don't think she was out of tune, she sang it well, but I did think it was unfair not to give her any backing singers or at least a backing track. Her voice isn't powerful enough to fill a stage like that on its own.

Why is Cheryl a judge on that show!? The woman can not sing to save her life. And to judge Candy Rain or whatever that band were called about their slutty style when she wears less than them is beyond me. Llloyd is just so gorg! :) Love Miss Frank and Lucy Jones. :) John and Edward, useless but entertaining all the same!! And for those of you who think that us irish are putting them through because they are irish could not be more wrong, we cannot vote over here so I dont know where that statement is coming out of.

Archived