The Dark Horse (by LauraPhilly!!) - comments

Taniya_K

Whoa Laura that was so freakin' good!!!!! Best chapter I think so far. I loved it all! The scenes you produced were written beautifully! I just loved how you did a scene with Aden and Belle at the birthing class, that was good (and a bit funny). I like how you added a few bits to indicate that Aden may be a bit squimish if he had to do the dirty work (like cut the cord) or even having to witness Belle giving birth and screaming.

"Aden, I little help please!" she called loudly.

Aden came hurrying in and, putting one arm behind her back, helped her stand up. When she did, she stretched and patted her bump absentmindly.

"This thing is getting so huge!" she complained, as they walked out to the kitchen. "Why on earth did I have to have twins?"

Aden tried to stifle a laugh but Belle saw it.

"It's ok for you, you know," she said, seeing his grin, and she couldn't help grinning herself. "You haven't got a continent sticking out of your tummy!"

I like how you added some humour to it, especially at the beginning, the dialouge was really well thought out I thought. Belle and Aden's responses to each other was really funny. The funniest bit was when Belle couldn't get off the bed by herself, but its totally understandable, this woman is having twins for godness sakes' :lol:

What I also love about the way you write your scenes and dialouge, is its not too preditable or cheesy. It's very realistic the way you set your scenes and the conversations between characters. That's what I loved most about this chapter, it was cheesy or movie-like. It was unique.

I wasn't use to the "Mommy" bit lol, seeing as I'm Aussie and we say "Mummy" but that's alright :P

Very good chapter, I really enjoyed it!!! More soon please. More cute little moments from Belle and Aden is essential (buying some more baby clothes, kicking from the babies...baby fluff please).

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have conflicting emotions about Imogen and Sean. I really hated them because they didn't seem to understand how Belle felt, but now I feel really sorry for Imogen. I didn't really give much thought to what had made Imogen and Sean want to adopt, but now that I know, I understand why they've been acting that way.

At the moment, I'm trying to work out something in my head, but it isn't going too well. I'll have to ask you about it, because I don't want to say it in here, and ruin a surprise or something.

Awesome update, can't wait for more.

I have read this from the very beginning. It is brilliant and very different from the other fics about Aden and Belle.

So sorry to hear about your friend-hope you are OK.

Love this fic. Don't know if I still dislike Imogen and Sean now but can't bear the thought of Belle giving the twins away.

Looking forward to your next update

Edited by MrsL

Are you serious ??? :o

Quick, get back on and update now! You can't cut us off here.

But apart from that, brilliant chapter. Loved the banter between Aden and Belle, and loved the talk between Imogen, Belle and Aden. I wonder why Belle doesn't just tell them what happened to her...

Update soon !

Oh gosh.That ending left me very very scared, I hope nothing's going to happen to one or both of the babies, it would be very hard on Belle and Aden and also on Imogen and Sean.Belle's pigging out on junk food...I can understand why she didn't want to tell Imogen what had happened to her, it would be very uncomfortable discussing it with someone she doesn't know that well.