Xavier or Ruby

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Xavier or Ruby  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruby.......

Even though she's been written really badly the last few months, she's still ten times better than Xavier. There's more depth to her character and Rebecca Breeds is a million times a more believeable actor.

Xavier's as thick as two planks of wood and about as deep as a kids paddle pool.

I think the results of this poll possibly reflect the time it was started.I voted for Ruby but I much prefer Xavier now, even though I actually quite like Ruby these days, certainly more than I did last year.But Xavier has changed from one of my least favourites to one of my favourites over the past couple of years and I absolutely love him now.He is an idiot at times but that just makes him lovable, like rooting for the underdog, and his heart's in the right place.I think putting him and Ruby together didn't do either of them any fears and they both work a lot better apart.

Ruby.......

Even though she's been written really badly the last few months, she's still ten times better than Xavier. There's more depth to her character and Rebecca Breeds is a million times a more believeable actor.

Xavier's as thick as two planks of wood and about as deep as a kids paddle pool.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

I admit, I was firmly in the "Xavier's a pointless character played by a useless actor" camp when he first came in.But I haven't felt that way since at least the beginning of last year.There've been times when I haven't liked him but I think David Jones-Roberts has come on leaps and bounds and proved that it was experience he lacked rather than ability.If other people are still watching and still think the actor and/or character is rubbish, fair enough but I've heard comments from people who don't watch his scenes because of that first impression and I can't help wondering how they'd feel if they gave him another chance.

(And I'm almost tempted to take back my last post, because the last two UK episodes, with the surf carnival stuff, I haven't really liked Ruby and she's come across as a bit of a madam.But I'm hoping it's just a lapse and we'll get the Ruby from the previous week back soon.)

• 4 weeks later...

I like Ruby as she is way more mature than Xavier, doesn't whine as much as Xavier and is just a bundle of fun.

I liked her especially when Geoff was around as they were a good couple.

Now though she has changed from when she first arrived in the Bay and although I still prefer her more to Xavier, I think that Xavier is now mellowing more due to interactions with his peers that make him more bearable.

Archived