Never Again

Guest TelephotoMarigold

Roman drove. They were seated in his car. Miles sat in the passenger seat, a snigger coming from him every now and then. Aden and Geoff were in the back seat. Every now and then Roman would catch Aden’s gaze in the mirror and see him hide a grin.

“Shut up.” He growled to all of them.

“Even me darling?” Miles asked.

Geoff and Aden started laughing.

“You are going to have to admit it is funny sooner or later.” Miles said softly.

“Which bit was funny?” Roman snarled. “Where I had my behind pinched or the bit where I was chatted up by Liza Minelli?”

“To be fair that was actually a man in drag and not the real…” Geoff trailed off after getting another Roman glare.

“Relax babe, anybody would think you were protesting too much.” Aden murmured, somewhat bravely.

“Tell me again how we ended up in the gay club after the concert?” he muttered parking the car outside the house and getting out.

“You thought it was a good idea.” Aden murmured and Miles nodded.

“Of course he didn’t know it was actually a gay club, he thought it was for straight alpha males.” Miles pointed out.

Geoff grinned.

“Inside.” Roman growled at them.

“I think he’s ashamed to be seen with us.” Miles murmured moving towards the house.

“Well we are wearing matching T Shirts.” Aden nodded looking round at them wearing the free Gay and proud of it T shirts the DJ at the club had thrown at them.

They moved into the house and Roman headed for the fridge where he pulled out a couple of beers for himself and Miles and some soft drinks for Geoff and Aden.

They sat on the sofa and chuckled.

“I bet you won’t ever wear your t shirt.” Miles grinned.

“Maybe I will surprise you.” Roman grinned finally seeing the funny side or maybe it was the beer relaxing him.

“Yeah I can just see Irene’s face if you were to wear that tomorrow.” Geoff grinned.

Roman laughed.

“Well at least she won’t complain she still isn’t talking to me.” He confirmed.

Aden looked down for a moment.

“Its ok.” Roman said softly. “I’m enjoying the peace and quiet.”

Aden smiled briefly before he felt Geoff’s comforting hand press on his own.

“Ah that is so sweet.” Miles murmured.

He turned and looked at Roman.

“Do you remember when we were at that stage darling?” he grinned.

“You need to be careful what you start Miles Copeland.” Roman warned.

“Hey, it was the only thing I could think off at the time. And you are actually a good kisser.”

“Yeah, the look on Liza’s face when you two pashed.” Geoff grinned.

“Can you just clarify who I pashed before it gets out around the bay that I kissed Liza Minelli.” Roman grinned.

“Yeah, he’s like mine ok boys.” Miles said in an effeminate tone of voice.

“Hey!” Aden grouched. “What’s with all the stereotype casting.”

Geoff chuckled.

“Don’t you just love it when he gets macho?” he murmured and saw Aden chuckle.

“Well my macho self is going to walk you home ok?” Aden said.

Geoff grinned.

“Don’t get up to anything I plan too.” Aden said to Roman on the way out.

Miles moved to the other sofa and stretched out.

“They are good kids.” He said softly.

“Yup, and we corrupted them taking them to a gay club.” Roman murmured draining his beer.

He moved to the fridge and bought out another couple and handed one to Miles.

“It could be worse.” Miles told him.

“Er.. how?” Roman asked with a sinking sensation that he was going to regret asking.

“Well you could be off somewhere with Liza and we’d have to explain that to Irene.” Miles grinned. “In fact it might be worth telling her that anyway.”

“Oh yeah sure when I wear my new T shirt.” Roman drank deeply grinning at Miles.

“I’m actually serious here.” Miles said looking at him.

“Well that’s new for you.”

“Ha ha. I can do serious.” Miles complained before sitting up right. “Think about it. If we sorta come out then it will make it easier for Aden and Geoff.”

Roman groaned.

“Look Miles I know we kissed and everything but you aren’t really my type.” He told the other man.

Miles shook his head.

“Trust me kissing someone who shaves their face is no fun but think about it. Aden and Geoff are going to be the Bay’s first home grown gay couple. If we come out first then we get all the hassle and make it easier for them. And who is going to give you a hard time Mr Ex-SAS man?”

“You have a point but I am way too sober to agree to it.” Roman nodded.

“Drink up.” Miles told him a glint in his eye. “The night is still young.”

Roman laughed.

Aden and Geoff walked on the beach. Geoff kept looking round.

“I don’t think there is anyone following us you know.” Aden said after a time.

“I want to kiss you.” Geoff confessed finally.

Aden stopped and looked at the full moon over the ocean before turning to Geoff.

“No time like the present.” He said and lowered his head.

Geoff put his arm around Aden and let his lips meet with Aden’s lips. They were firm but also soft. He met the kiss with equal passion and closed his eyes. For a long moment they held each other in the embrace and forgot they were on a public beach. Pulling apart slowly they looked at each other and smiled.

“Well our first PDA.” Aden smiled.

“Didn’t explode in a thunderbolt from up above.” Geoff grinned.

“And it was kinda fun.” Aden chuckled. “In fact I think I want to do it again.” He added.

Geoff grinned and pulled Aden’s head towards him for another long kiss.

“Perfect.” Geoff pronounced.

“I need to get you home.” Aden said.

“Oh are you the Alpha male in out relationship?” Geoff asked.

“Nope I’m just the guy who bought the tickets and you are the guy who needs to get home because you have a curfew.”

Geoff laughed.

“I’ve already broken it.” he shrugged.

“Wow I am a bad influence.” Aden muttered. “Even more reason to get you home.”

Geoff laughed.

“I can manage from here.” He said and pressed a final kiss to Aden’s lips before he set off home.

Roman rolled over in bed at the sound of his alarm and groaned. He stood and headed to the shower. His tongue felt slight furry and besides the memory of drinking a beer with Miles he didn’t remember much. He wrapped a towel around himself before getting dressed for work. He pulled open the drawer to get a T-shirt out and saw it was empty. He moved to the wardrobe and that too was empty of all tops. He groaned before moving down the stairs to the laundry. There were no tops, vests or Tshirts anywhere apart form the Pink one he had got the night before with the Gay and Proud logo on it . He put it on and went out of the house determined to find Miles later and beat him up a little bit. Ok maybe a lot.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roman took a few orders before Irene finally told him to stay in the kitchen.

“What is the problem?” he finally asked her.

“Well you are. Are you honestly saying it’s ok to be queer?” she muttered.

He looked down at the logo stretched across his chest.

“Yes I am.” He stated.

“Well it’s not ok. “ she muttered, tearing a sheet of paper from her notepad and sticking it on the orders carousel.

“Are you a bigot Irene Roberts?” he asked her after a moment.

She shook her head.

“I just have old fashioned believes.” She stated. “As long as it isn’t thrust in my face I can let you live your life ok?” she added mixing her metaphors.

Roman turned and looked at her. He folded his arms across his chest.

“So if I were to tell you I was gay you would be ok with that?” he asked her “As long as I didn’t flaunt it of course.”

She shook her head.

“Don’t start twisting my words. “ she grumbled. “I can’t help not being comfortable with it.”

He looked at her.

“Comfortable or it’s abhorrent to you?” he asked her.

“Now my boy stop this. It’s clear that you aren’t gay. I mean you dated Martha.” She said blustering.

He looked at her.

“I wasn’t talking about me but let’s say that I’m gay. You have to work with me.” He pointed out.

“No I don’t.” she muttered. “I can chose who I work with.” She took a deep breath.

“Are you saying you won’t work with me if I’m gay? That is discrimination.” He pointed out.

She shook her head.

He caught sight of Miles walking into the diner and put down his serving spoon and went out to him. He saw the snigger on his face and grinned evilly.

“Miles.” Roman greeted walking around the counter. He caught sight of Colleen and Irene watching him as he stood next to Miles. Within seconds he had grabbed him and planted a very long kiss to his lips.

“There.” He said to Irene. “I’ve just come out. Do you have a problem with that?”

She shook her head in shock.

“Great.” He replied. “I’m taking my break now.” He told her pulling off his apron and placing it on the top.

He took hold of Miles hand and walked out of the diner hand in hand with Miles.

“Well that is great but could you have waited until I got a coffee.” Miles told him.

“Do you have any idea what you’ve done?” Aden stormed slamming into the house.

“Yes.” Roman replied calmly.

Aden threw his school bag to the floor.

“I’ve had the entire school taunting me about living with a puff.” He muttered.

“And?” Roman asked calmly.

All the fire went out of him at that moment when he caught sight of Roman wearing the pink Gay and Proud T-shirt.

“You wore that?” he asked.

Roman took a drink of the coffee he had made himself and nodded.

Aden took a deep breath and began laughing. After a few minutes he gasped and wiped his eyes.

“It’s not even the right size.” He gasped falling on the sofa.

Roman continued to let him laugh and calmly drank the coffee.

“Finished?” He asked when Aden had stopped laughing.

Aden nodded avoiding making eye contact.

“Irene got under my skin and unfortunately I lost my temper.” Roman began to explain.

“Don’t.” Aden gasped. “I can’t look at you.” He muttered.

“The T shirt is not that bad.” Roman muttered. “And I’m waiting for Miles to bring back the rest of my clothes.”

Aden looked up.

“So you weren’t making a point?” he said.

Roman shook his head.

“Not until it got to the stage where I couldn’t deal with Irene’s attitude and then I came out.” He admitted. “To be fair it was Miles last night. He put the idea in my head.”

Aden grinned and then moved to answer the knock at the door. He let in Miles who was carrying bags of clothes.

“About time.” Roman muttered.

“Is that any way to greet me? Where is my kiss?” Mile s grinned.

“You keep right on with that sort of thing and I will think you are gay.”

Miles pushed open the shirt he was wearing to reveal his Gay and proud T-shirt.

“I think I’ve already been outed today.” He grinned.

Roman laughed.

“At least yours fits.” He muttered.

He flexed his bicep as he reached for a bag of his clothes and the sleeve ripped. He looked at Aden and Miles for a moment before he started laughing.

They looked at him before joining in.

“Is this a private party or can anyone join in?” Geoff called from the doorway.

“Come on in Geoff.” Roman called.

Geoff walked in through the door and took in Miles and Roman in the T-shirts.

Aden stood up from his seat on the sofa and moved over to him.

“Ok?” he asked softly.

Roman nodded to Miles and they moved into the kitchen giving them some space.

Aden smiled as he watched them move away.

Geoff leaned over and kissed Aden.

Aden pulled back and looked at him.

“Lets go upstairs.” He suggested huskily.

Geoff nodded.

Aden put his arm around him and let him up to his room.

“Irene has her claws out.” Geoff commented. “I think Roman wound her up.”

Aden grinned.

“She did her fair share of winding up too.” Aden murmured. “It should take the sting out if we decide to come out.”

Geoff stopped on the stairs and looked at him.

“If?” He asked.

Aden nodded.

“As Roman keeps telling me it will affect both of us.” Aden murmured. “And I don’t want to do anything that will ..” he trailed off and felt Geoff’s lips on his again.

They continued to move up the stairs and into Aden’s room. Geoff turned round once inside and pinned Aden to the door. He tugged at Aden’s shirt and a button flew off and landed on the floor. They looked at each other for a long loaded moment before Geoff pulled the shirt and watched as it tore and the buttons flew like a scatter of bullets around the room. He bared Aden’s chest and pulled back looking at the hard plains of his stomach. His finger traced the lines of the muscles before he kissed him again, feeling Aden’s hands touch his arms caressing him. He sighed against his lips before lowering his mouth to kiss Aden’s chest.

Aden threw his head back against the hard wooden door behind him and gasped at the hot breath from Geoff’s mouth fluttering over his skin. He moaned when he felt his lips trailing kisses along his chest and finally he wound his hands in Geoff’s hair as he felt the other man kiss his flat nipple. It hardened into urgent arousal in his mouth and he moaned some more. He pulled on Geoff’s hair and he raised his head and looked at him.

“My turn.” He said with meaning.

He reached down and with trembling fingers he undid the buttons on Geoff’s shirt slowly before pealing it down his arms. He let it drop to the floor before pushing him to the bed. He kept eye contact all the time, his eyes focused on Geoff’s. He leaned forward and kissed him slowly as they lay down on the bed. And then ran his fingers over Geoff’s abs feeling them contract under his gentle touch. He leaned down and trailed his tongue over where his fingers had played and felt Geoff hiss in a harsh breath.

“More.” Geoff moaned eventually.

Aden grinned and moved to capture his nipple between his lips. He kissed and suckled and then gently raked his teeth over it.

Geoff arched his back and moaned winding his fingers in Aden’s hair holding his head against the hard turgid nipple.

“Don’t stop.” He said in a voice he didn’t recognise.

Aden chuckled, his breath rasping over the hard nub. He turned and did the same to the other nipple before pulling back and looking at Geoff.

“Aden.” Geoff said softly.

They kissed their lips meeting with passion.

Aden moved over Geoff his denim clad thigh moving between Geoff’s as they rolled on the bed. Suddenly their hands were everywhere as they touched each other.

“We should stop.” Aden said pulling back slowly.

Geoff shook his head.

“I want more.” He moaned.

Aden smiled and lowered his head to kiss Geoff some more. He found Geoff’s hands reaching for his belt buckle and he pulled back sharply.

“So you know what this means?” he asked his voice hard.

Geoff nodded.

“I want to see you.” He murmured the stain of blush on his cheeks. “Not just feel you against me.”

Aden shook his head but found his own hands reaching down to unbuckle the belt on his jeans. He opened them and Geoff helped him push them down over his slim hips.

He dropped them to the floor as soon as he cleared them from his legs. He looked up and saw that Geoff had done likewise and they suddenly grinned at each other.

“Matching boxers?” Geoff said.

Aden grinned.

“I think we shop at the same place.” He murmured.

They both burst out laughing.

Aden lent over and kissed Geoff again and felt Geoff put his arms around him.

Geoff and Aden walked down the stairs slowly and saw Miles sitting at the table drinking a beer. Roman had changed shirts and was cooking.

Hey.” Aden murmured.

“Come through.” Roman called.

Aden looked at Geoff and went through to the kitchen. Geoff followed.

They sat down at the table after getting some drinks from the fridge.

“Do you want to stay for food?” Roman asked Geoff.

He nodded and then pulled out his phone to let Irene know walking through to the lounge to make the call.

Miles looked at Aden.

“Are you going to come out?” he asked him.

Aden shook his head.

“No, Annie is still upset with Geoff so we’ve decided to let things lie for a time.” he said and saw Geoff nod agreement after keeping an ear on the conversation. He walked in and sat back at the table.

“Good.” Miles grinned. “Let’s us have a lot more fun.”

Roman glared at him.

“You are enjoying this too much are you sure there is nothing you want to tell me?”

Miles grinned as he shook his head.

“I’ve always been straight.” Miles muttered. “Maybe you can change my mind. A big strong strapping man like you.”

“Yeah I’m sure I’m believing you here.” Roman murmured with just a hint of sarcasm.

He served up the mushroom risotto and added a wild rocket salad. Grabbing a couple more beers for himself and Miles he sat at the table.

They ate in silence until Roman looked up and caught Miles looking at him.

“What?” he asked.

“I’m just wondering how you are going to deal with Irene tomorrow. “ He said finally.

Roman grinned.

“Well if I’m lucky she won’t be talking to me.” He chuckled.

“Why are you guys doing this?” Geoff asked still slightly puzzled as to how things had ended up this way.

“Well Irene got on her soapbox about the lurid pink T shirt I was forced to wear today and I lost my temper.” Roman began the explanation.

He put his cutlery down and leant back on the chair taking a drink from the bottle.

Geoff nodded.

“She’s usually pretty ok with stuff though.” Geoff defended the woman who had become his surrogate mother.

Roman nodded.

“I know.” He confirmed.

Geoff took a breath and looked to Aden.

“Do you think this will help us?” Aden asked.

Miles nodded.

“By the time you two come out being gay will be popular.” He murmured.

Roman laughed.

“Just think of us as blazing the path for Gay rights.” Roman muttered. “And that is one sentence I never thought I would find myself saying.”

Aden and Geoff looked at each other and laughed.

Roman went to work as normal and found the diner was full. There were a number of people openly glaring at him and a bunch of schoolgirls in the corner crying.

“What’s wrong with them?” he asked Irene.

She looked at him.

“They are in mourning.” She said to him a smile playing on her lips. “Seems that news of your sexuality has spread. Over there the yummy Mummy’s have come to straighten you out. That bunch over there is from the church, and is here to pray for your soul. The kids in the corner seemed to think it’s a crying waste of man hood that you like blokes, let alone their teacher!” she smiled at his shock.

“I had no idea.” He muttered.

“Well I would suggest that you declare yourself straight today and then we’ll have all the gay blokes in tomorrow to gay you back.” She said to him.

Roman let out a laugh.

“Let’s just get today sorted.” He grinned and moved into the back to pull on his apron. He washed his hands and started cooking the orders.

Aden walked past Geoff in the corridor at school. He saw him getting some stick form Axle and the other in year 12 and tried to ignore it until he saw Axle pushing him.

Aden ran over and dropped his bag as he spun Axle around and decked him. Geoff looked at him in shock.

“If anybody is going to pick on him it’s going to be me.” Aden said quickly trying to cover up.

Axle glared at him a trail of blood from his lip.

“You used to be just like me Jefferies!” Axle sneered. “Tell me has living with the fag turned you gay?” he asked scathingly.

“I was never like you.” Aden muttered.

Geoff caught his attention and nodded.

“Sure?” Aden mouthed back.

Geoff nodded again.

“And as for being Gay. Well if I am, won’t you be disappointed that I never came on to you.” He said quickly.

Geoff grinned and then wiped the expression from his face. He looked at Aden his gaze loaded with hidden meaning and saw him subtly shake his head.

He picked up his bag and moved away from the crowd Geoff following.

“You know I liked the way you rushed in like a knight in shining armour but I can look after myself.” Geoff said quietly.

“I know but well..” Aden trailed off wishing that there were some place he could go and kiss him.

“We should have just come out.” Geoff said. “We had the perfect opportunity.”

“It’s not as simple as that. We should talk to Irene first and Annie.” Aden said, shocked that he was the one thinking things through.

Geoff grinned.

“Good point. I’ll see you later.” He said and disappeared through the door.

Aden carried on until he reached his classroom. He saw Miles in there already perched on the end of the desk. He entered through the door and grinned when he spotted another Gay and Proud T-shirt.

“Settle down class.” Miles called.

“Puff.” Axle shouted from the back.

“I think you’ll find I prefer to be called queer or gay.” Miles said not turning a hair.

“Queer as…..” Axle began.

“If you want to finish that sentence you’ll find yourself in Mr Bartlett’s office and then even worse on a Saturday detention with me. Imagine all day with me. Why you might end up with your own T-shirt! And don’t think I haven’t seen the way you check out the other boys.” Miles said softly to Axle.

Aden grinned as he saw the other boy back down.

“Are you really dating Roman Harris?” A girl piped up.

Miles nodded.

“Ok, but are you sure he is gay?” she added looking like she was about to cry.

“Class if you have questions about sexuality then we can arrange for someone to come and discuss those issues with you. Right now we need to look at Bleak House.” He said. “Now then lets discuss Chapter three. You’ll have an assignment on this at the end of the lesson so pay attention!” he said to them and dragged their focus back to school work.

Roman looked at his phone and saw a missed call. He nodded to Irene and pulled off his apron and moved outside. He clicked redial on the phone and waited for the call to connect. It went through to voicemail so he left a message before clicking the button disconnecting the call.

He folded the phone shut and placed it in his pocket.

“Roman.” Miles called.

“Hello.” He greeted.

“Is it safe to get a coffee?” he asked him grinning.

“Yes.” Roman grinned. “Even Colleen seems to have accepted it.”

He and Miles moved into the diner together.

“Shouldn’t you be holding hands or something?” Colleen said to them. “I’m all for a bit of Romance.”

Roman laughed.

“We don’t need to flaunt it.” He said.

“I don’t know.” Miles said and looked at Roman a familiar gleam in his eye.

“No.” Roman said softly for his ears alone.

Miles grinned and put his arm around Roman. Before the other man could react he leaned over and planted a big kiss on his lips.

“I’ve missed you.” He murmured.

Roman narrowed his eyes.

“I’ve missed you too Darling.” He replied with a smile.

“Ah!” Colleen said softly. “I have to say I don’t quite agree with being queer but if you are in love then well,…” she trailed off.

“Stone the flamin’ crows.” Irene muttered.

Roman chuckled.

“Can we get a couple of coffees please?” he asked her and saw her give a small smile before wandering back into the kitchen.

He put his hand in the small of Miles’ back and guided him to a table.

“So come on then. How was your day?” he asked in a soft voice.

“Well pretty much the usual. School girls mourning and Boys looking at me and folding their legs.”

“Well at least they aren’t throwing themselves at you.” Roman grinned.

“Hey, I’m actually a bit disappointed.” Miles said to him. “I wanted at least someone to have a crush on me.”

Roman laughed.

“Shouldn’t you be holding hands across the table and looking into each others eyes?” Irene asked with a grin on her face to indicate she was actually joking.

“Irene we may be gay but we are still blokes.” Miles told her.

She laughed.

“Relax.” Aden murmured to Geoff for the tenth time.

“I can’t help it.” he said. “I’m nervous ok.”

Aden smiled.

“Look Roman and Miles are downstairs and well they will help and it’s no big deal if you aren’t ready to tell her.” Aden told him in a jumbled rush.

Geoff laughed.

“Now who is nervous?” he asked sitting down on Aden’s bed.

Aden sat next to him and they held hands.

“I don’t mind what they say about em.” He finally said.

Geoff looked at him then before leaning over and kissing him. Aden wound his arms around Geoff and holding him closely as they kissed falling back on the bed.

“Aden!” they heard Roman call up the stairs.

They broke apart and looked at each other with a giggle.

“Time to go face the music.” Aden said and stood moving to the door.

“I’m going to tell her.” Geoff decided.

Aden nodded as he opened the door.

They walked down the stairs and saw Irene standing in the kitchen with Roman and Miles. She was holding a tall glass of juice.

“Hello Darl what are you doing here?” she said to Geoff.

“I’m here with Aden.” He said.

She nodded.

“Take a seat Irene.” Roman murmured and gallantly pulled out a chair for her.

She smiled and sat down.

He nodded at the boys and they sat down too, as did Miles. He began to serve up the lasagne he’d cooked and then placed salad and garlic bread on the table.

“This is nice.” Irene murmured.

Miles grinned.

“He is a good cook isn’t he.” He murmured.

Roman glared at him.

“Chef not cook.” He muttered.

Miles chuckled.

“Irene.” Geoff said quickly.

She looked at him a light in her eyes.

“I’m here with Aden.” He repeated himself nervously.

“I know.” She said.

“No. I’m here with Aden.” He said and looked at Aden.

“What he means is.” Aden started before his throat dried up. “Is that he is here with me.” He finished and groaned.

“I got that the first time boys.” Irene said.

Aden and Geoff looked quickly at each other.

Miles laughed.

“I think what they are trying to say is..” he began and trailed off at the sharp kick under the table. “Ouw” he muttered and put his hand down to rub his leg.

Aden looked at him guiltily.

Geoff took a breath and sighed at the same time. He nervously picked up a glass of water and took a drink at the same time he took another breath and choked for a moment. Aden shot up and patted him on the back.

“Ok?” he asked him.

Geoff nodded.

“Shall I put you out of your misery?” Irene asked. “I’ve been telling you I flaming well know all evening. You are dating Aden.”

Geoff gasped and paled.

“You know?” he asked.

She nodded.

“I’ve got eyes in me head Geoff and you’ve been seeing someone for a while. I’m not thrilled about it because of all the stick you are going to get in life but that is my only concern. These two here.” She gestured to Miles and Roman. “Helped me come to terms with some of the misconceptions I’d been holding on to for a long time, and well they seem like a really good couple.”

Roman looked up at that comment and then glared at Miles.

“Did you hear that?” he murmured to him. “We make a good couple Darling.”

Aden looked at the expression on Roman’s face and laughed.

“Would you be comfortable if Aden comes over?” Geoff said.

“Hey.” Aden muttered. “I’m right here.” He pointed out and grinned as he felt Geoff’s hand rub his leg.

“I know.” Geoff said softly.

“Anyway there is still Annie.” Aden told him.

“Good point.” Geoff nodded.

They finished the dinner slowly before moving into the lounge where Roman served coffee and desert.

“It’s time to head off Darl.” Irene said after a time.

Geoff looked at Aden.

“I thought I could stay here tonight.” He suggested to them.

Aden grinned.

“No.” Roman told them. “It’s a school night.” He pointed out.

Geoff looked at him and then at Aden.

“True.” Aden grinned.

“This weekend?” Geoff said softly as he and Irene made their way to the door.

Aden nodded.

He leaned in close and kissed Geoff on the lips gently.

Easing back he saw Irene looking at them a smile on her face.

“Come on.” She said to him and they moved out into the night.

Aden shut the door and turned to Roman a questioning look on his face.

“It is a school night and you need to focus on your HSC.” Roman began. “Plus you’ve just both made a really big step together in coming out. Let yourselves get used to that before you push the physical side of your relationship.” He said to him quietly.

Aden looked at him before acknowledging the truth of his words. He nodded tiredly and moved up the stairs to his room.

“So darling.” Miles grinned at him from the doorway into the kitchen.

“We need to find a way of stepping back into the closet.” Roman groaned.

Miles grinned and handed him a beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Aden lit candles in the bedroom and waited. He had tidied up the room and changed the bed covers. He was nervous as hell. He looked round the room imagining seeing it with Geoff’s eyes and moved over to the chest of drawers to put some music on the stereo.

Geoff walked into the room and hung up his wash kit on the door before sitting on the bed.

“Hey.” He said softly.

Aden smiled at him.

“Hey yourself.” Aden smiled.

Geoff held up his hand and Aden took it and sat next to him, then turned to each other and kissed.

“You know if this feels weird, we can stop.” Aden told him.

Geoff looked at him and smiled.

“It’s feels good. I want this.” He confirmed.

Aden felt a stupid grin start on his face as they kissed some more. He put his arms around Geoff and felt the other boy’s hands on him, pushing up his top. He gasped when he felt Geoff tease his nipples, before sliding around to stroke his back.

He moved down on the bed and kissed his way down Geoff’s body. Teasing him with his tongue. They both moved on the bed until they were lying full length together. Aden felt Geoff’s hands on the fastening on his jeans and let him undo them. He felt the first fumbling touch from the other boy and heard a moan escape past his lips.

“Is this ok?” Geoff asked him.

“Oh yes.” Aden grinned.

They moved out of their clothes feeling shy when it came down to taking off everything and deciding to keep their boxers on before they climbed under the covers and kissed slowly.

Miles sat with Roman the tv on in front of them a beer in their hands.

“Do you think you’ve given them enough time yet?” Miles asked.

Roman looked at him.

“I don’t even want to think about it.” he muttered, a hint of colour on his cheeks.

“I meant to relax.” Miles grinned. “Boy you have a one track mind.”

“Cooeee!” shouted a voice from the doorway.

“Colleen.” Miles greeted.

He stood from the sofa and went to the door.

“How can I help?” he asked the other woman.

“Sorry to interrupt your date but well there is a problem with the window in my van. I can’t close it fully.” She murmured looking over at Roman.

“I’ll come and have a look.” Miles said moving towards her.

“I suppose it can wait until morning you are busy after all.” She said and smiled at them.

“No it’s ok I have to get going.” Roman grinned.

He walked over to them and catching the look in her eye turned at the last minute and placed a big kiss on Miles lips.

“See you tomorrow hun.” He said and winked at him.

Miles sighed theatrically.

“I’ll sort your window out now Colleen.” Miles told her.

He followed Roman out and some spark of mischief caught him and he reached forward and pinched Roman’s bottom.

Roman gasped and turned around quickly.

“Miles.” He muttered and catching sight of Colleen behind them murmured. “How many times have I told you not to do that hun?” and only the hun part of that statement was uttered though gritted teeth.

“Er…none.” Miles grinned truthfully.

Roman glared at him before moving off quickly.

“Bye!” he heard Colleen call to him over the sound of Miles mocking laughter.

Roman walked in through the front door making as much noise as possible before grabbing a beer and moving into his bedroom. He lay back on the bed wondering about how he was going to get another date when everyone thought he was gay.

• 3 weeks later...

Aden and Geoff sat in the diner. They looked around self consciously before holding hands.

“I’m sorry but this feels weird.” Geoff told him after a minute.

Aden nodded.

“Thank god.” He said quickly and saw Geoff raise an eyebrow at him. “Sorry.” He added.

Geoff laughed.

“It’s not that I don’t want to hold your hand.” Geoff began to explain.

“Don’t worry about it. “ Aden murmured. “I think I feel the same way.”

Geoff grinned suddenly.

“What are you two having?” Irene asked them, having watched the by-play and deciding to come over and speak to them.

“I want a chocolate milk.” Aden said with a smirk.

“Me too.” Geoff added.

“Ok Darls.” Irene said smiling at them. “And would like our free promotion today?” she added.

They looked at her and saw an unfamiliar gleam in her eyes.

“Ok spill.” Aden said leaning back in his seat and folding his arms across his chest. He looked down at them and almost groaned. He was copying Roman’s with the arm folding.

“A free I’m gay and proud t shirt.” She murmured and opened the shirt she was wearing to reveal her bright fluorescent green T-shirt with the gay and proud logo on it.

“Oh my god.” Geoff exclaimed and saw Aden smirk even more.

“Even Colleen has one!” She told them.

Aden chuckled and watched as Geoff also joined in.

“Irene you are..” Geoff began.

“Just supporting you and Roman.” She said and cast a sly look towards the kitchen.

“How is Roman?” Aden asked quickly. “He was a bit grumpy this morning.” He said in explanation as Geoff looked over at him.

“Still grumpy.” Irene told them.

“I heard that.” Roman shouted out.

“See what I mean?” Irene said with a quick smile before walking back to the kitchen and making the milkshakes.

Roman came out a moment later and moved over to them.

“What’s up?” Aden asked him.

“Nothing.” He said quickly.

Aden nodded.

“Don’t do that.” Roman added just as quickly.

“You do it to me.” Aden grinned at him. “The non committal nod that makes me spill everything anyway.”

“Well don’t expect it to work on me.” Roman glared at him and folded his arms.

Geoff looked over at the two of them and failed to hide the smirk on his face. Both Roman and Aden had their arms folded across their chest and were glaring at each other.

Irene came over then handing out the two shakes and pressing a cup of coffee into Roman’s hands.

“Maybe some Caffeine will improve your mood.” She told him.

He placed the cup slowly onto the tabletop and looked at them slowly.

“My mood is fine.” He said quietly. “Or at least it would be if you left me alone.”

Geoff and Aden cast a quick look at each other at the unexpected comment from Roman.

“Ok. Darl.” Irene told him. “I’ll believe that.”

She winked at the other two and moved back into the kitchen where they heard her loudly banging pots about.

“Come one Roman this isn’t like you.” Aden said quietly. “Is it because we are putting too much pressure on you with this gay stuff?”

Roman sighed and sank into a chair.

“I have a daughter.” He said quietly. “And she’s been in touch with me.”

Aden smirked.

“You kept that one quiet.” He muttered.

“I used to have a life before the Bay.” Roman told him. “Just because I don’t broadcast it doesn’t mean it didn’t exist.”

“It’s not that you don’t broadcast it I think it’s the fact that we have no idea what you did before coming here.” Aden added draining the last of his drink. “Maybe you should talk to Miles about stuff.”

Roman raised an eyebrow at him and waited.

“You know buddy style not faking gay style.” He tried to explain and heard Geoff laugh.

“I think we should go before you get grounded.” Geoff murmured.

Aden looked at him and nodded.

“See you later.” He said to Roman and began standing up.

“There is your laundry to be done when you get in.” Roman murmured. “And I want your homework done please.” He added.

Aden grinned.

“That’s better.” He said softly.

“It is?” Geoff asked him as they moved away from the table.

“Yeah, he’s sounding a lot more normal.” Aden cast a quick glance over his shoulder and saw Roman taking a quick drink of the coffee.

“How can you tell?” Geoff murmured.

“I heard that too.” Roman called out.

The two boys looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Roman sat on the sofa a beer in his hands and was looking at the text message again for the tenth time. Unfortunately the words didn’t change.

“What’s up?” Miles asked him walking in through the door. He closed it afterwards and came over to sit on the other sofa.

“I have a daughter.” Roman said quickly.

“Hey, you kept that on quiet.” Miles grinned.

Roman nodded.

“Well she wants to come for a visit.” He added ignoring the unspoken question in Miles’ last statement.

“And?” Miles asked then looked at Roman in horror, “Oh no.” he gasped.

Roman nodded.

“Yup.” He confirmed.

“I totally made us gay dude!” Miles exclaimed.

Roman laughed at his choice of words, so out of character for the teacher but at the same time so appropriate to the moment.

“That’s better.” He murmured and moved over to sit next to Roman.

“So?” he asked.

Roman looked at him and took a drink of the beer.

“The usual. Boy meets girl. Boy thinks with different part of anatomy. Girl gets pregnant. Boy gets beaten up by father of the girl and told to stay away. Girl disappears and then boy joins army.” He summed up the relationship in a few sentences.

“Interesting.” Miles grinned.

“Explains much?” He asked the other man with a quirky grin.

“Some,” Miles murmured. “You’re easy going attitude when it comes to others. You were judged for that one mistake and you won’t let anyone judge Aden in turn.”

Roman looked up and his eyes met Miles gaze.

“You think that’s it?” he asked quickly.

Miles nodded.

“That and well you are pretty helpful anyway.”

Roman chuckled.

“Nicole wasn’t a mistake.” He said after a time.

“You’ve met her then?” Miles asked.

Roman stood and moved into the kitchen. He collected some fresh beers and moved back to the sofa handing one to Miles. He nodded his thanks and took a drink of the amber liquid.

“Yes, I tracked her down after I got out.” Roman confirmed sinking into the cushions beside the other man. He was referring to his time in the army, something he normally didn’t mention.

“And?” Miles asked.

“She’s 16 and well, like her mother.” Roman said diplomatically.

“I’ll take that as code for something.” Miles chuckled.

“Just about.” He said. “Natalie was the Princess and I was the boy form the wrong side of the tracks. “

Miles smiled.

“And now?” he asked.

“Now?” Roman looked at him.

“Do you still have feelings for her?” Miles asked slowly.

“No.” Romans answered immediately. “Whatever I felt for her disappeared pretty quickly.” He paused taking a drink out of the bottle. “Why do you ask?” he murmured.

“Because it’s part of that mysterious past of yours.” Miles said with a grin on his face. “And you never talk about your past. I mean I’m dating you and even I don’t know much.”

Roman glared at him.

“I think its time we had a talk.” He muttered.

“Let me guess.” Miles started. “It’s not me it’s you. We just want different things.”

Roman laughed.

“You mean like woman!” he grinned.

“Something like that.” Miles looked over at him. “How are we going to split up?”

“It will have to be public.” Roman pointed out.

Miles nodded agreement just as a knock sounded at the door.

Roman stood slowly and moved over to answer it.

“Oh my god, it’s like 400 degrees out there.” Nicole said strolling past him.

“Nicole.” Roman gasped out in shock.

“I take it this is…” Miles murmured.

“I’m his daughter and if you are his boyfriend we need to have a serious talk.” Nic said looking at the pair of them in turn.

Archived