Vampire Diaries

theAdellefan

I have been watching every episode of the Vampire Diaries and it just keeps getting better and better. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the role Katherine’s played and I absolutely love that she’s been the centre of everything and her manipulation of the various characters. I was shocked she was going out with Mason or using him I should say. I actually liked Mason and was a bit disappointed when Damon killed him but it looks as though his main purpose was to facilitate Tyler’s transition to a werewolf.

In the first season I didn’t think much of Caroline but since she’s become a vampire I absolutely love her at the moment. She’s become so much more interesting. I loved the episode where Liz found out about her and was disappointed at first when she rejected her daughter but I’m glad she came good. It would have been interesting to see how their relationship fared after that but I don’t think Caroline had any choice other to compel Liz to forget because she still probably would have gone after Damon and Stefan. I like that Caroline’s more confident now and fighting side by side with the Salvatore brothers.

I’m glad Alaric’s back but feel he has been relegated to a support role. I really liked the double-team act with Damon last season but we haven’t seen much action from them in this one. Keep mentioning but the whole reason he came to Mystic Falls was to find Isobel and as she’s gone there’s not much reason to stick around although I guess he’s settled there now and I’m hoping Isobel will return at some point.

I quite like Jeremy but am not sure if he should be involved in stuff like this. I feel he already knows to much and will just end up getting hurt. Still I suppose they had to do something with his character as after Anna died he hasn’t really had much purpose.

Mixed feelings about Bonnie. Whilst I appreciate she is doing everything for the greater good she’s not coming across as very likeable at the moment. At times she appears quite self righteous. I don’t like the way she pushed Caroline away at first when she discovered that Caroline was now a vampire. It wasn’t Caroline’s fault Katherine killed her. Also I don’t like the way she tricked Mason which ultimately led to his death.

Still find it hard to get worked up about Elena. One thing I don’t understand and something that hasn’t been answered is if Katherine perceives Elena as such a threat then why doesn’t she just kill her? It was disappointing Damon locking her away as watching her has been such fun. Though presumably the fact that they haven’t killed her off means she will return at some point which I think Damon will live to regret and hopefully we will get some sort of answer as to why Elena and Katherine are identical.

One thing I don’t understand and something that hasn’t been answered is if Katherine perceives Elena as such a threat then why doesn’t she just kill her?

hopefully we will get some sort of answer as to why Elena and Katherine are identical.

All will be revealed pretty soon ! :wink:

All will be revealed pretty soon! :wink:

Cheats never prosper Kevin!

I won't watch ahead. I have the materials & resources available but I just can't seem to do it & spoil it for myself.

I did come very close to watching the most recent one shown in the UK, the episode after

Elena & Stefan broke up.

I was desperate to know but I was a good girl & decided not to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably the best acting on the show so far. Michael and Candice did such an amazing job. You can feel Tyler's pain and Caroline just wants to make it better but there's just nothing that she can do. I love the connection that they've formed.

• 2 weeks later...

Katherine is awesome. I love her!

Agreed!

Shes definitely my favourite character atm! Along with Caroline, I think shes the most interesting character so far this season :D

Seconded. Those would be my two as well. Katherine's deliciously evil. I really loved the amount of fear she instilled into most of the main characters with some of her antics. The last few episodes she's been pretty redundant but still been able to manipulate Stefan with her mind games to a certain degree. The last episode I saw was the first time I've actually seen her scarred when Elijah freed Stefan before compelling her. It's funny because she still claims that she loves Stefan but I'm not sure she does. To use the old cliche if she did love him she would want him to be happy. And you could see he was happy with Elena but she did everything in her power to bully Elena into ending the relationship because she's selfish, although maybe in her mind she thinks she loves Stefan. I do think she loved her family though. One thing I quite liked as of late was the conversation she had with Elena when I think for the first time she told the truth.

Like I said before about Caroline it was hard to get worked up over her last season, as she just seemed to veer from Damon's door matt to the stuck-up sorority sister but since Katherine turned her she has so much more depth now. She's become a very likeable character and one that you could have a lot of sympathy for particularly during the early stages of her transition. Considering some of the other characters have been vampires for hundreds of years I do think she's dealing with it rather well within a short period of time. Anyway I'm really enjoying the stuff with Tyler and I think helping him coping with becoming a werewolf in a way helps her deal with her own problems. I do hope they remain friends as part of me would like to see something happen with Stefan. I do worry though if she's getting this close to him she'll end up hurt or even killed.

Constantly blowing hot and cold with Damon. Some episodes I really enjoy him, others can't stand the guy. At the moment am finding it hard to like him because of his attitude about certain people (i.e. Caroline/Mason) and feel if Elena wasn't around he would have killed a lot more people than he had this season. And with every good act he does it feels like he's doing it for Elena and not because he wants to be a better person. Still quite enjoying the double act with Alaric though but would prefer if Alaric had at bit more action like when he was the vampire hunter last season. Good to see the lady who played Bella out of Supernatural. Not sure about her and Damon but I suppose if he's preoccupied with her he might be less likely to harm someone else. It probably won't matter now because it looks like she's a goner anyway. Shame as I quite liked her.