Vampire Diaries

theAdellefan

So it looks as though we're going to put up with more fighting from Stefan and Damon over Elena (great) - this time over how to deal with her thirst for blood. It'll be interesting to see how many episodes she can go before she actually kills someone. I think eventually they should bring Katherine back to Mistic falls somehow to see how she and Elena deal with each other now that they are both vampires although no way in her right mind would she return with Klaus still about. I was hoping that when Alaric died he would find peace and be reunited with Isobel but it looks as though he's a wanderer. One thing I've noticed is how selfish some of the main characters have been since the show began. The most recent example of that being Bonnie. She saves Klaus because she was worried how many of her friends would die if his bloodline was severed. Then she restores him to his previous body because she was worried Tyler would die if Klaus ripped his heart out. She is now indirectly responsible for every death which occurs subsequently due to Klaus. That was a very good opportunity to kill him and any other vampires tied to him and she was more worried about her friends than she was about the greater good which I thought was her duty.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the season has been...interesting from Delena's point. I so hope that we'll have another episode like 3x19... :wub:

EDIT 11/18:

I didn't wanna doublepost so I'm just gonna write here. I don't know if the Australian pace is the same as the American or if you're like 1 or 2 eps behind so I'm just gonna add spoiler tags. (for those who haven't seen 4x06) :)

Soo......How long have we been waiting??? Finally, Delena's starting to happen!!!!!

:D Those scenes at the bridge and in Elena's bedroom were just... :wub: I feel so sorry for Stefan though, their break-up scene was heartbreaking. I am rooting Damon&Elena but I've always liked Stefan, in every other show where Damon doesn't exist I would be a total shipper for Stelena. I'm glad they didn't do the whole screaming-and-slamming-doors thing, that would've been way out of character. Personally I think many have preferred that quiet, sad, emotional, intense scene, it was just great. Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev are both outstanding actors. And wow, Klaus must totally be having a crush on Caroline but I've also had the idea that that all may be some game, though I don't know why....

Edited by MatildaHunterFan

Absolutely loved Rebekah tormenting Elena being a vampire. That was really mean of her sneakily taking Elena's ring, dropping down the sink and turning on the garbage disposal. Rebekah is one of my favourite characters and I really liked that she is was becoming friends with April. It's obvious how lonely she is and just wants someone to like her for who she is. You can tell because she could very easily compel someone to be a friend but she doesn't. Now Klaus has daggered her again :(. I know it's been a thousand years but that's like the fourth time on the actual show.

So Elena's finally made her first kill. I didn't have one bit of sympathy for her afterwards. Now she knows how Caroline felt. That's the thing about Caroline even Stefan was saying out of all the vampires she has the most self-control. I am disappointed Connor's dead as I thought he was an interesting character and wanted to find out more about him Now the only person who's left as a possible hunter is Jeremy (Is he one of the five?). Don't think he's a very good character if I'm honest. Although at least he's not as bad as Matt. He really is a useless character. Although I'd rather he was a hunter than Jeremy who seems to get pretty decent storylines and Matt barely plays a support role.

It'll be interesting to see how Klaus reacts when he finds out about Connor although one thing about him is that he always has a backup plan. It won't take him long to find out about Jeremy being a potential hunter and I wonder how he's going to get Jeremy to kill the vampires to draw out the map via the tattoo.

I wonder what that lecturer guy has planned for Bonnie. He got her to use her magic again but it all appears to be part of a master plan especially considering he was in league with Connor.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!!!! 4x07 :D

Gonna add spoiler tags for those who haven't seen 4x07 (US air date: 29th November)

Delena's finally happening!!! I can't believe it, I was in shock for the whole episode, and then, right when it ended, I started jumping up and down completely crazy and just being totally silly. I mean, how much perfection can you take in one episode? 4x06 was great, an amazing episode but Elena

finally admitting her feelings towards Damon. :wub: And that last scene was......too much for my Delena-heart :wub:

Looks like that love-triangle between Tyler, Caroline and Klaus is developing further, which makes me unbelievably happy. This was something I was very much looking forward to throughout the season till now. I really like the side Caroline brings out in Klaus, it shows that no person is completely good or bad. I mean we've seen this with Damon AND with Stefan but with Klaus it's a completely different story for me.

That Elena's possibly sired to Damon is another thing I wasn't expecting. I haven't decided if it's a pleasant surprise but I think I'm just gonna trust Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson to make that storyline work because they've shown that they can create a few twisted storylines parallel to one another. And I mean, it's Ian and Nina, plus possibly Paul, I don't know how much Stefan will be involved in this, so could you ask for more? :D

After having Stefan and Elena shoved down our throats for over three seasons I'm actually glad she and Damon have finally gotten it on. I actually really like these two together and I personally find their scenes far more interesting than the Stelena ones. He won't admit it but I actually think Damon's over the moon Elena's a vampire now as it means Elena has more in common with him, obviously feels closer to him and subconsciously is more open to manipulation. Elena being sired to Damon I feel is an interesting twist and something I never would have guessed. It's ironic considering that Damon was the first person to even mention it with regards to Tyler and Klaus. Not sure how I feel about it yet as the implication is that Elena has only fallen for Damon because of the sire bond which is something I don't like and where I feel she has liked him since season two. And it's also been implied that barring the killing and bloodthrist, being a vampire is simply an amplification of what a person already is. Not sure I like Caroline sussing it out as it means she and Stefan will obviously to everything they can to unsire her (Not sure how they plan to achieve that yet). Although if they do I'm still hoping there is still a bond between Elena and Damon. I have to say I still find Damon really funny. Just to give an example a few episodes ago when he thought he killed Connor, blew up part of the hospital and went up to Dr Fell afterwards and said "Doc. Nice job", congratulating her. :lol: :lol:

I don't like that Jeremy is a hunter because I'm not a fan of his character but again it's another interesting storyline. I absolutely hated the way he murdered the hybrid last episode in cold blood but it is interesting seeing the effect killing vampires is having on him. He's reaching the point where he wants to kill just like Connor, he's stronger and after the last vampire he killed, now cannot be compelled. So I think the other vampires need to keep an eye on him.

Really enjoyed the Klaus/Caroline interaction and am actually hoping that they get together. Similarly, really like the scenes with Tyler and Haley and likewise think those two would be better suited as a couple. It's obvious that Haley really cares about him.

For the third time in the post I use the term interesting, this time with regards to the professor's plan. Not sure why he wants to remove the sire bond from all the hybrids but by doing so I feel makes almost everything Klaus has done redundant. The whole reason Klaus wanted to break the curse Esther put on him was so he could become a hybrid and create a race of hybrids loyal to him for all time. If they're no longer sired to him then they are no different from other vampires.

I wonder if Katherine will return to Mistic falls anytime soon? So far we've only seen her when Elena was hallucinating and even then she was absolutely right about how poisonous Elena is. You'd think she'd be a suitable backup should Klaus acquire the cure and have problems converting Elena back to a human.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I'm extremely disapointed that Damon let Elena go even though arguably it was the right thing to do. Even in that episode I really liked their scenes a lot better than the Elena/Stefan ones previously this season. I guess that shows that Damon isn't a selfish as some (i.e. Caroline) would make out.

Still really liking the friendship with Caroline and Stefan. I wasn't sure what to make of Caroline basically revealing that Damon and Elena were together. In one hand she was just trying to be a friend but on the other it felt like there was a small amount of her that wanted to tell Stefan out of her hatred for Damon. The last time I saw Stefan get angry like that was after Klaus freed him from compulsion
but at least he was more controlled. He looked there like he wanted to let rip. So it will be interesting to see what he does next. I found the conversation that Caroline and Stefan had about Klaus very interesting. Both of them actually feeling guilty with regards to Tyler's plan and Stefan empathising with him out to a point despite everything Klaus has done. I actually thought that was a direct result of the converstation he had earlier with Klaus with regards to, Klaus keeping the letters of his victims much like Stefan writing the names of his victims on the wall in his appartment in Chicago.

At first I thought Damon was being typical Damon when he wanted to kill the professor but now I can understand his reasoning. I don't trust the guy one bit and think he has something major planned with regards to the vampire cure. They mentioned sacrafice with regards to the hybrids a few episodes ago but it didn't actually click what Haley was prepared to do to find her parents. I have to say it was disapointing she's turned out to be a two face b*tch. The only positive thing I can say is that at least she did it in such a way to save Tyler but at the expensive of several others. Not sure that Tyler will forgive her, especially now. But I'm hoping that (a) assuming that she tries to leave Mystical falls, Tyler catches up with her (b) the professor tricked her so he was playing her all along with her realising this has all been for nothing.

I have to admit that the scene with Klaus and the hybrids was pretty grusome. Even at the end with Mayor lockwood with "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" playing in the background. I did wonder if they were going to try and humanise Klaus but I think this episode he was more like the Klaus that killed Katherine's family as punishment for her turning herself into a vampire. At first Klaus seemed to really value the hybrids but again the converstation he had with Stefan when he mentioned they were both alike because they were alone and his relisation they can break the sire bond perhaps helped him made his mind up when he confronted them. I wonder what Klaus is going to do to Tyler once he catches up with him. I'm assuming he's not going to kill him right away.

So April is now aware of the existence of vampires and werewolfs, witnessed Klaus killing one of the hybrids and has opened the coffin and found Rebekah. I'm hoping she pulls the dagger out of her, Rebekah is grateful and they can resume their friendship. April hasn't really featured that heavily in the season so far. Her dad kills himself and several other people right near the beginning, we know that he was in contact with the professor but other than Rebekah offering to help her find out more about his death and brief appearences in and around the school that's about it. I have a feeling though that she will be very significant in the latter part of this season. The above post mentions that the show will resume in the US in January. Not sure when it will resume in the UK as usually around now the show takes a 2-3 month hiatus which was indicated by the episode being around Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Wow, those Stefan/Elena scenes in 4x10 were so heartbreaking :(

I mean I'm 100% a Delena-shipper but I was totally heartbroken by those scenes.... :/

I mean, who didn't feel shattered after:

Rebekah: Do you still love Stefan?

Elena: Yes.

Are you still IN love with Stefan?

Elena: No.

</3

• 2 weeks later...