Vampire Diaries

theAdellefan

• 1 month later...

Just started in NZ and the first episode was great! I'm not sure who I like more - Damon or Stefan! A bit different to the books but a good different. it's kinda like a cross between Dawson's Creek and Twilight. :)

Just started in NZ and the first episode was great! I'm not sure who I like more - Damon or Stefan! A bit different to the books but a good different. it's kinda like a cross between Dawson's Creek and Twilight. :)

If you thought the frst episode was great then you are going to love this series, each episode just gets better and better.

My favourite character out of Damon and Stefan is Damon, the more i saw him the more i loved him.

The pilot was good. Stefan and Elena were way too obvious and forced for my liking. I prefer my couples to have slow build up. Can't wait to see Damon and Elena get some scenes.

Edited by Lise

If you thought the frst episode was great then you are going to love this series, each episode just gets better and better.

My favourite character out of Damon and Stefan is Damon, the more i saw him the more i loved him.

There hasn't been much Damon in the first couple of eps, but I agree with you and am definitely Team Damon! Stefan's brooding is just a bit OTT sometimes...

There hasn't been much Damon in the first couple of eps, but I agree with you and am definitely Team Damon! Stefan's brooding is just a bit OTT sometimes...

To say he wasnt in much of the first couple of eps and you are already on Team Damon, well thats just great. I love the amount of development that has gone into his character, I dont think Stefans character developed enough for me. Stefan is definatly far too broody and serious .

The pilot was good. Stefan and Elena were way too obvious and forced for my liking. I prefer my couples to have slow build up. Can't wait to see Damon and Elena get some scenes.

There was something about Stefan and Elena together that I never liked. I would much rather her and Damon to be together. Least it would be fun to watch

Edited by twinkletoesjess

Funny that. I'm not sure if you're aware but Kev Williamson - the writer of Dawson's Creek - writes for The Vampire Diaries. Amazing writer.

What an excellent thoroughly enjoyable series. I've just seen the season finale, I'll use the appropriate tags as not to spoil it for people who haven gotten that far yet.

Oh Anna.

:( :( I'm absolutely gutted that she's dead. She was one of my absolute favourite characters and I loved the stuff with Jeremy and the scenes with Perl (another person who I quite liked and wanted to stick around for longer). I felt really bad for her a couple of episodes ago after Perl was killed by John and she went to see Jeremy. It was even worse when John killed her especially when she begged him not to and Damon wanted to help her. I don't care how evil Katherine is I'm glad John's dead.

It's interesting how my feelings towards Damon have changed throughout the series. I hated him at first. I thought he was a cold-blooded psychopathic killer but as the episodes have progressed I think his feeling towards Elena have humanised him to a certain degree. I do like that he still has a dark side to him though, it makes the character more interesting. What I also find interesting is that Stefan was the good one but over the last few episodes he's veered slightly over to the dark side. I can actually see Damon becoming a better person but the opposite happening to Stefan in season two. I actually really like the whole Elena/Stefan/Damon dynamic. Before I would have said it was inevitable that Elena and Damon would get together but with Katherine back in the frame I'm not so sure. During the series when we constantly had flashbacks with the Salvatore brothers and Katherine and constant references to her by other vampires I wondered how long it would take before we saw her in present day Mistic Falls. It should really make things interesting for next season.

I hated the way Damon tried to intimidate Jeremy into giving Elena another chance but really like their conversation and his apology after he broke the news about Anna's death. It's hard no to feel sympathetic towards Jeremy. He's in a very dark place at the moment.

Bonnie annoyed me when she lied about deactivating the device with her spell. Although I can kind of understand why she did it and at least she made amends afterwards. Still Damon and Stefan had better watch out although something tells me Katherine will be more of a problem than those two.

What exactly is the deal with Tyler? Is he a vampire but doesn't know about it? The frequencies from the device obviously effected him but he during the series I didn't notice a single urge to go on a killing spree and he could go out during the day without a ring.

Alaric is another character that I really, really like. I wasn't sure about him at first but I have to admit when he and Damon team up they're awesome and I thoroughly enjoy their interaction. It's a shame Isobel only turned up for a couple of episodes as I found her intriguing and would have liked to have seen more of her. I'm glad she wasn't a bad as she made out to be and admitted that she loved Alaric. Hopefully she will reappear in the next season.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until next year until I see season 2.

• 1 month later...