Robert Robertson - Socratis Otto

dees189227

Of course Robertson won't be made a regular, there is no place for him in the show - not with such exciting characters like Gina, Hugo, Xavier & Liam around. How could Robertson ever compete with them? :rolleyes:

:lol: yeah i see your point, he's just too boring :P:rolleyes:

Robert Robertson won't never be made a regular just because he doesn't fit in. A character like that just work for a short period. If he was a regular they had to change him over time. I think he was funny sometimes, he was very good in that storyline about Grants murder. I think his jokes would have become old and just irritating after a while. He was made for that particular storyline. I don't think his style would have fit in other storylines. A lot of people thought he was great with Leah, but he lied to her... who was he really? If he had stayed he would have been more explored and I think that would have destroyed the character.

There have been a lot of unique characters who have been changed over time, ex. Geoff (where have his beliefs gone?) and Annie was about to change into a typical Summerbay girl by the time she left.

Edited by jodlebirger

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for Robert Robertson to return. I haven't been this excited for Home and Away for a long time. I really hope he will stay longer then last time. And i also wish him and Leah to continue where they left off last time. Their two dates were much more interesting and had much more chemistry then Leah's whole relationship with Elijah. But with Elijah returning as well, i can't see Leah & Robert happening, which i think many more peoples might actually prefer.

• 1 month later...

Great to see Robertson back! One of my favourite characters, I hope he and Leah get together, I just couldn't see her and Elijah as a couple.

Couldn't help thinking how much Robertson is like Sheldon from The Big Bang theory, in looks and character! :lol:

Edited by Miranda

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like this time around. I don't know why, he seems to have lost the spark that he had the first time around.

I agree. Now all I'm waiting for is someone to punch his lights out!

Although -and I know this is a hypocritical thing to say- some of the lines he has said have been funny. But he's still annoying.

• 1 month later...

Kind of agree with the consensus that he hasn't been as good this time round.He seems to have lost his habit of telling tall stories and just wanders around annoying people, making comments that tread the fine line between being funny and just being nasty.It doesn't help that, aside from Nicole, everyone just seems to lose their temper and act like an idiot around him.It's only really his relationship with Leah, which I wasn't that keen on first time round, that gives him any real depth.

Although it's interesting reading back these comments and seeing that people thought he was focusing on Charlie and Angelo for Grant's murder when that was all for show and he knew who the real killer was all along.I'm hoping it'll turn out like that this time because at the moment he doesn't seem particularly competent.

• 3 weeks later...

I like him more now - I think he's still the same guy but we're seeing more of the real him and not just the person he is for work. All those smart comments were a way to rattle people into giving him evidence. Now he has a suspect and he can relax a bit. I'd like to see him as a regular guest like John Palmer.

• 3 weeks later...