Patrick Swayze dies

Guest Tiammi

Patrick Swayze has died from pancreatic cancer, aged 57.

The actor's publicict Annett Wolf said that he passed away with his family by his side on Monday.

The Dirty Dancing star was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January 2008 and has since undergone chemotherapy.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said Wolf in a statement.

I don't think I have ever been so gutted about a star dying.

This is so sad. I'm having a Patrick tribute tonight with Dirty Dancing, Point Break, and The Outsiders.

If there is one Swayze film you should watch it is Roadhouse. A lesser known movie but was one of his best films :(

I've only seen about half of Roadhouse but I loved it. I'm going to have to track it down so I can watch the rest of it. I haven't been this sad over a star's death, either, Musie. He was so talented and he brought to life one of my favourite fictional characters as well as being so great in every other movie ... it's so sad.

Archived