Privileged

Guest Slade

Anyone else watch this? Wasn’t really impressed with the first episode but decided to give it a go and I’m quite enjoying it at the moment.

I love Rose she’s my absolute favourite, she’s so sweet. Sage is…ok, I guess. She does come across as quite materialistic and at times I don’t particularly like her attitude towards Megan but I think that it’s more insecurity/envy regarding her relationship with Rose (which I love BTW especially the way Sage always looks out for her) rather than out of actual spite and malice. The grandmother (can’t remember where I’ve seen her from) comes across as rather cold, doesn’t want to spend any quality time with her grandchildren and seems obsessed with her work. Funny that Megan is the main character in the show but the ironic thing is I can’t stand her. She’s so self absorbed and self-righteous, for the most part thinking she’s better than everyone else. Virtually every conversation she has with someone is always about her and when she does talk about someone else always about how she will be affected. I don’t like the way she treats Charlie, always expecting him to be at her beck and call like some lapdog. He won’t get on with his life and try and date other women because he’s so hung up on her and her problems and has been in love with her for years despite not seeing her for most of them. Don’t like the way Megan is with her sister either. I know she’s a thief but again Megan gives the impression that she’s ashamed of her because she isn’t an up market LA rich girl. Even Rose said that Megan’s mean to her.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the last two episodes - At first Megan started off being her usual annoying self making everything about her and opening her mouth about Will being a Billionaire to his employer which resulted in him having to leave (I know it was accidental but she still annoyed me). However she did go up slightly in my estimation as her friend from New York wanted her to basically shaft Rose/Sage and the grandmother by writing a derogatory article/story about their family but she wasn’t prepared to do that and stuck up for them showing that she genuinely cared.

In the episode after I didn’t like the way she called Charlie’s new girlfriend and expected her to set up at date just to make the point to Will that she was capable of dating other people (like he was) and then she finished with him anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with last week’s episode and Megan was particularly annoying. She had to make EVERYTHING about her. Firstly when Charlie and Mandy were about to get it on and she burst in and started going on about her problems i.e. Lily and her mother and Mandy was effectively sidelined sitting there looking like an idiot while her boyfriend was trying to comfort Megan. Then there was the way she spoke to her mother - Rude and self-righteous. During the interview for the article she came across as quite cocky. It’s no wonder the lady got up and left. Then there was the way she refused to trust Will to tell him stuff about her family but she told Charlie even though Will is her boyfriend. At the Diner with her Will, Charlie and Mandy it was Megan, Megan, Megan. I didn’t blame Will for confronting Charlie afterwards. I blame Megan for the tension between them.

Anyway enough of her. I’m still really liking the sibling relationship between Rose and Sage. I loved the way they both tried to make each other jealous. Rose pulled a masterstroke near the end. Getting Marco to pretend that he sacked Louis in order to get Sage to admit that she liked him. Loved her clenching her fists in victory when Rose called Louis and told him to bring some food to them after Sage finally told Rose the truth. That brought a smile to my face.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought badly of Megan (no change there then) and Charlie in that episode. As per usual Megan started off being her annoying self once more. Charlie unexpectedly gets into the University of his choice but rather than be happy for him and wish him well she once again has to make it all about her and didn’t want him to go because she would lose her best friend. Doesn’t matter that he felt he was at a dead end job for years and wanted aspire to more, she just wanted her besie there only for her and her problems.

I didn’t really have an issue with Charlie telling Megan that he loved her. I think Lilly was right. I don’t think he should have kept quite about it, he had to move on but I didn’t agree with him kissing Megan when he knew she was going out with Will, although even that I could take. What really bothered me was the way he acted at own his leaving party. His stupid ego just couldn’t take losing to Will once more. Why did he even have to make the remark about Will winning all the time and then square up to him and ask if Will had a problem? How was Will supposed to react? Then he punches Will in the face. All that in front of Mandy where I felt he had a complete and total disregard for her feelings even though she was extremely patient and trusting throughout their relationship. And even though there were times where she got annoyed she had every reason too. Charlie’s an idiot. Pure and simple!

I wanted to throttle Megan afterwards. To think she had the audacity to blame Will for what happened even though Charlie instigated the whole thing. I’m glad Mandy gave her a serve. She so deserved it. I think this shows Megan up to be the selfish, self-centred and manipulative person that she is. I really hope Will does finish with her because he deserves better. And I’m sure there are loads more girls that aren’t as high maintenance as Megan. But there is a positive. Megan’s lost her best friend so we’ll see her without someone who thinks the whole world revolves around her and if she starts to actually consider other people now.

I’m glad both Sage’s and Rose’s relationships seem to be going ok. Interesting that both girls were fearful of being honest with their partners because they felt it would be a determent to their relationships but in the end their truthfulness actually seemed to help rather than hinder. Good to see Sage open up to Luis and even Rose’s admission to stalking Zach’s ex girlfriend seemed to do wonders.

Quite intrigued about the woman who was following Rose. I think it was revealed a few weeks ago that Laurel had an illegitimate daughter by the same person she invited to her house. If he was this woman’s father and Sage and Rose’s grandfather it transpires she could be Rose’s aunty or perhaps her mother. This also coincides with Sage making some sort of confession about being responsible for her parent’s death to the priest but I wonder if there’s more behind that.

Archived