Romeo Smith - Luke Mitchell

dncllpyk

I don't want Romeo with any of the current cast on the show. He's such a likeable and sweet character I just don't see him keeping that if he was to get with anyone that's on at the moment. Luke definitley earnt that logie as he's proving with his scenes with his mother, he can do a range of sadness and anger very, very well.

Waste of space. Clearly just there to prance about with his shirt off. One of the worst one-dimensional character they have introduced to the show.

Exactly!!

2 words - Get Lost !!

You're forgetting that these days new characters don't require any personality or charisma, they just need to be "hot", and have a weird/stupid name. :rolleyes:

OMG!!! You are all off your heads!! He is an AMAZING actor. Whoever says he's crap are obviously old men that are jealous of him

Waste of space. Clearly just there to prance about with his shirt off. One of the worst one-dimensional character they have introduced to the show.

Exactly!!

2 words - Get Lost !!

You're forgetting that these days new characters don't require any personality or charisma, they just need to be "hot", and have a weird/stupid name. :rolleyes:

OMG!!! You are all off your heads!! He is an AMAZING actor. Whoever says he's crap are obviously old men that are jealous of him

Maybe I'm an old man by certain people's standards but just because someone's good looking doesn't make them a good actor.Sure, he's good at that hangdog expression that makes all the teenagers' hearts melt and hang pictures of him on their wall.But frankly that's the only expression he's got and he uses it for any time he's required to convey emotion.

Exactly!!

2 words - Get Lost !!

Umm I wouldn't exactly call myself an "old man" :rolleyes:

and to be fair my post is almost 8 months old at this stage, I have changed my mind quite a bit since then but he is definitely not annoying me as much as he used to do.

I do think to a certain extent like RR1 said one of his greatest purposes is his good looks which will make teen fans go wild. The whole Annie relationship was horribly bad , I just hated how they were soooooo in love when they knew each other for 5 minutes and he acted as if his whole family had just been murdered when she left. If he was that important to her then she would have stayed.

Annies change in character was an epic mistake!

I thought he would get better once Annie left and he was out of that relationship but it hasn't happened. I keep waiting for it to happen but it's just not. I really thought it was his relationship with Annie was bugged me but it would seem that it's him.

I agree with RR1, he does seem to have just one expression. It never changes.

• 1 month later...

A while after Annie's departure and Jill's arrival and depature, Romeo has turned into a delightful young character. He's very switched on and has a warm heart. Whilst he probably is meant to 'replace' Aden and Geoff as the hot young male of the show, I believe this idea has backflipped. Romeo is very different and the nature to him is a nice change for the show.

The storyline with Jill was amazing and it is such a shame it ended so soon. Indi seems to be his next storyline, I hope it doesn't turn out like it did with Annie and Romeo revolts back to that annoying love-sick puppy.

I have to admit that Romeo is another character that I stopped liking a while back and I haven't started again.I just find him to be a very selfish person and a lot of the time it feels like he doesn't have any function except being the new "hot young male".I tended to sympathise with Jill during the storyline, especially during the latter half when it seemed like she was genuinely trying to turn herself around but just couldn't do anything right in Romeo's eyes as he accused her of being drunk when she wasn't, sabotaged her relationship and blamed her for the disastrous dinner party even though he behaved a lot worse than either her or John.And he didn't really seem to care about Xavier's feelings which is a bit of a recurring theme with him, he was the same with Jai and Mink.

I really miss the fun, happy, self-effacing character he was at the end of last year and when he first came in.Maybe the romance with Indigo will perk him up a bit because at the moment he often comes across as a one-dimensional pile of teenage angst.

• 2 weeks later...

What a charming young man. Since I moved into Summer Bay House, we have had little to do with each, keeping ourselves to ourselves, but there's something deeply charming about this man. Last week I followed him down to the beach and hid under his towel, in an attempt to help us bond, but he didn't seem pleased to see me. Still, it is not the first time I have encountered the cold hand of rejection, and I shall endevour to get to know him more. What a tremendous person he would be to have in my life.

I'm glad your trying to make friends Mr Oddly.

I do find Romeo ever so charming, he has lost his funiness, (is that such a word?) compared to how he use to be. But all in all I think he is amazing. I do like his sister like relationship he has going on with Nicole. It would be nice to see Romeo and Xavier friends again.