Flash Forward

Guest Lesley_Baker

These last few episodes in particular the one where we found out

Janis was actually recruited by Vogel to work for the CIA have been excellent.

I'm really disappointed that this series won't be renewed but I agree, at least it gives them a chance to do a proper ending and it won't fall into the same trap that some of the other cult programs have, namely that the writers run out of ideas and seem to make up some of the storylines as they go along and simply drag out the duration of the show. According to what I heard the show started off ok but never really picked up after it resumed from the three month hiatus.

The most recent episode seems to have shown that in some cases the flash forwards aren't coming true so further proof that the future isn't set. I think Janis did the right thing blowing her cover like that. She was in an impossible position after she was ordered to kill Mark. I'm disappointed the way things have turned out with Dimitri and his fiancé but in a way I'm glad because I much prefer him with Janis - Shame she doesn't like men though. I'm glad they've decided to team up with Simon to try and end this once and for all.

Last episode next week unfortunately. :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last episode next week unfortunately. :(

I know :(

I'll be catching it tomorrow, so excited :D

It seems that the flashforwards may not have come true but according to Gabriel , all paths lead to the same conclusion always! So sometimes there are forks in the road but in the end they always reach their destination! Maybe Dimitri will die

:( I am hoping that Olivia isn't in bed with Lloyd when shes supposed to be, she belongs with Mark!

The finale was so so AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed it, and now I am so gutted that its the end, especially how they had left us guessing regarding a few people.

It was so perfect seeing everyone being where they were supposed to be in their flashforwards. Damn I'm really gona miss this show :(

Another excellent episode but the ending left me a little frustrated.

So all the Flash Forwards came true after all with some slight alterations - Janis's baby a boy, Olivia and Lloyd weren't in bed together, Weddick wasn't reading the newspaper on the toilet.

I'm actually glad Tracy made it. I thought she was a goner after last week. Similarly I was also pleased that Nicole wasn't murdered in the end like we were all originally led to believe. I have to say I really didn't think very highly of Bryce to be honest. Nicole stood by him for months and helped support him during his cancer treatment, they appeared to have some sort of connection and he just leaves her to die (or so she actually thought). All for someone who he'd never actually met.

I was a bit disappointed with Olivia too. I felt she could have made more of an effort to stay away from Lloyd even though she didn't actually sleep with him.

I got the impression from actually watching the episode that with the exception of the last couple of minutes (i.e. the second Flash Forward) that was how the episode was originally supposed to be. If ABC hadn't cancelled the show I'm guessing the Flash Forwards wouldn't have been as far into the future and might have been slightly different. I couldn't tell for sure what the dates were but I'm guessing it was 1st January 2015 because of the new year banner.

The biggest question is obviously did Mark survive? Again if we'd had a second season I would have said almost certainly but I'm still going to say yes because of Charlie's Flash Forward. I actually wondered how many of the Flash Forwards at the end related the actual characters on the show. Was the child on the swing Janis's? Speaking of Janis I wonder what actually happened to her when Lita wheeled her off at the hospital? As someone mentioned earlier on in the thread the actress had decided to sign up for another show so if there was a second season would she have been murdered or simply kidnapped by the people behind the Flash Forwards? If Weddick was in the helicopter during the second Flash Forward did he survive? So many questions.

There are still things which didn't add up such as if Demetri didn't die how did he not have a Flash Forward the first time? Also those men in the masks who were after the Mosaic and Mark - If they knew the building was going to be blown up then why the HELL did they even go in there? Surely it would have been easier to just leave Mark there to be blown to bits. Another thing which springs to mind is how can Mark armed with just a shotgun take out several people with automatic machine guns?

BTW - Did anyone else notice the music played during the Second FF was the same as in the season finale of the first season as 90210? (Trust me to bring that into it)

Still gutted that they cancelled it and the way it ended because now I really want to see another season. In the unlikely event another station picks it up could they still continue with an ending like that? Perhaps...

BTW - Did anyone else notice the music played during the Second FF was the same as in the season finale of the first season as 90210? (Trust me to bring that into it

Ah yes!

Band Of Horses - The Funeral

Amazing song!

I'l be back later with a better reply :P

Fans of FlashForward plan to stage a blackout to protest the show's recent cancelation.

Members of a FlashForward fan group will gather in front of ABC offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta on June 10. They are to mimic falling unconscious for two minutes and 17 seconds, just as in the programme's pilot episode.

Overseas supporters will join in the protest in London.

The group, which started the website PreventTheBlackout, has also shipped 20,000 "friendship bracelets", an item seen on the show, to the president of ABC.

ABC canceled FlashForward in May

-------------------------

If I was living near there I would also take part in this protest :P

• 3 weeks later...

I agree this was one of the best and most intriguing shows around and I am so gutted they have canned it! It even got me interested in physics and I managed to score an A+ in my physics paper because I was so into it!

Favourite character most definitely Simon Campos! Although Jack Davenport was great also - I remember him from that show 'This Life" which was on years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived