Flash Forward

Guest Lesley_Baker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched last nights ep am still confused but will stick with it perhaps it will become clear over the next few weeks.

The idea of Flash Forward is its supposed to be hugely mysterious.

The critics have compared it to Lost. If they plan on carrying it on for a couple of seasons then I can't see it becoming clearer anytime soon.

Wasn’t too sure about the first episode but I’m now quite enjoying this at the moment. There appears to be a definitive plotline (at least that’s what the impression we are given) so I hope it doesn’t become like Lost and they change the plot for the sake of prolonging the show. I like how the flashforwards of each of the main characters are slowly starting to fit in place and each week we see a random person whose flashforward is significant in some way. I still think the main characters in the show are Mark and his wife Olivia.

There have been some good moments such as when the main FBI boss mentioned that he was in the toilet when he blacked out then when he came to had to pull someone who was drowning in one of the urinals, gave him mouth to mouth and warned Mark not to tell anyone or he would be in serious trouble. Quite intrigued to find out who is going to murder Demetri. I’m sure we are going to find out way before the season is over and I guess the main question is can his death be prevented and if the answer is yes does that mean the futures seen through the flashbacks are not set in stone.

Quite like the stuff with the Nazi guy and how he played them although he gave them a good lead regarding the dead crows. I wasn’t sure how Olivia would cheat on Mark but there was something in the last episode that made me wonder if something will develop between Mark and the babysitter and so Olivia will eventually get closer to the guy at the hospital in her flashback.

Really looking forward to seeing where the writers take this.

Just watched last Monday and wow what a good episode. Glad it focused more on Janis as we haven’t really gotten to know her character. Having a flashback showing herself during an ultrasound was a really good way to throw us of the person she was dating. Some real intense stuff during the hearing at the Senate with Mark being put on the spot, not telling the full story regarding his flashback and Stan resorting to blackmail. I think the Senator pretty much despises Stan as was clear by their conversation and the way she was questioning him later on. Her flashback was very interesting indeed. Wonder if the president was behind what happened at the end of the episode.

• 2 months later...

OK so FlashForward began this week over here in Ireland with a double bill and I LOVE it !

I love all the mysteriousness and analysing everything and piecing stuff together piece by piece. I am hooked and am so excited for the next episode, what I do wonder is will Olivia and the cop guy actually be able to fight fate and stay together as opposed to her cheating/with another man in her flashforward.

I'm still getting to grips with peoples names so please forgive me for the lack of names . I am starting to like the guy who saw no flashforward who was told he would be murdered, I feel really sorry for him how he keeps picking at the cops flashforward and trying to prove it wrong knowing if that if his flashforward comes through then so will his.

Cant wait for monday :D

Archived