The Beginning

Guest TelephotoMarigold

They met at the diner where everyone in Summer Bay seemed to be that day and he was introduced to the boy. He’d looked at his Mum and announced that he wanted to be known as Mike to save on confusion. They’d gone back to Miles house and had a BBQ before Miles had taken him to one side and told him that he should take Ella/Liz to the beach to talk to her away from everyone else. He’d blushed when he got there and seen the blanket and the candles and then a bottle of champagne. She’d laughed at him and they had talked until the sun came up not noticing the time.

“I need to get some sleep.” She murmured to him.

He grinned and raised an eyebrow at her.

She looked at him and prayed that she wouldn’t blush.

“I’ll walk you back.” He murmured and stood making sure all the candles were extinguished.

“Damn I was hoping you were going to get me a taxi.” She murmured yawning.

He bent down and lifted her onto his back and set off giving her a piggyback all the way to the park.

“You idiot put me down.” She grumbled.

“You wanted a lift.”

“In a car.” She muttered. “What will people think?” she asked.

“Here is your chance to find out.” He said to her. “Morning Colleen.” Roman called out to his work colleague and THE biggest gossip in Summer Bay. He decided not to let on to Ella about that bit.

“Roman.” Colleen called out and looked at Ella who was trying not to laugh and hide her face at the same time.

“You’ve met Colleen haven’t you?” Roman asked Ella.

“Yes.” Ella murmured. “Hey there.” She said over his shoulder.

“I’m just giving her a lift home.” Roman murmured.

“Literally it seems.” Colleen muttered disapprovingly.

“Well I didn’t have my car with me so I had to improvise. Anyway must go.” He murmured. “Bye Colleen.”

He moved away and carried on walking.

“Put me down.” Ella told him.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Yes.” She said.

“Only there is a large spider over there.” He stated.

“Yuk! Where?” She said and clutched hold of him tighter.

He laughed.

“That was not nice.” She muttered and hit him.

He laughed again.

“You hit like a girl.” He told her.

“Put me down!” she shouted in his ear.

Roman flinched and dropped her by instinct, she landed on her backside in the road and glared up at him.

“Sorry.” He said and held out his hand to her.

She ignored his outstretched hand and stood up. She dusted herself off and started walking along the road.

“So that’s it!” he shouted at her as she continued walking. “You just use my body and leave me.”

She turned and glared at him and then blushed as she saw Colleen standing a way off listening in. She swore in Spanish and then said something about his mother in Mandarin before turning and storming off. She ignored his continuing laughter.

Ella walked into the caravan and saw her phone sitting on the table. She had a couple of messages and read them before heading into the house.

“Morning.” Miles said to her. “Coffee?” he asked.

Ella nodded.

“Please.” She gasped.

He poured out a cup and she drank it down.

“More?”

She blushed and nodded.

“It’s Roman’s fault he kept me up all night.” She said and then caught Miles looking at her. “Talking.” She added and tried to ignore the fact she was blushing.

“Yeah. He does talk a lot.” Miles told her.

She went a darker shade.

“I have to go. I have a meeting I need to go to. Is Ro…. Mike awake?” she asked.

Miles looked at her.

“You aren’t driving without sleep.”

She shrugged.

“Got to. It’s just cropped up.” She said “And I need to go.”

“Well why don’t you leave him here?” he suggested, pouring out another cup and watching her drink this one slower.

She put her head on one side.

“Well if you are sure. I shouldn’t be too long. I’ll go check with Rom…” she sighed. “Mike. It’s Mike I’ll go check with him.”

Miles let her go upstairs and topped up her cup.

She came down after a minute.

“He is either ok with it or as long as he gets an extra half hour in bed I can go do what I like.” She explained as she sat down and drank the coffee.

“I’m not sure you should drive.”

She grinned.

“I live on Caffeine. Don’t worry about me. I’ll text you when I get there if you like?” she offered.

He nodded and they exchanged numbers. “Right I’ll see you later.” She promised.

She went out to her car and set off.

“Ok.” she muttered walking into Papa Joe’s. ”What is so blinking important you dragged me here?” she asked Jacko taking off her sunglasses and moving over to the table they were sitting at.

“The girl needs a drink.” Jacko commented.

“The girl needs 8 hours sleep, an explanation and the bathroom.” She said, adding the last one. “Joe please get me some coffee.” She added in a sweet tone before racing into the ladies.

She came out after a moment and sat at the table. Joe placed the cup in front of her.

“Have you heard of a GPS tracker?” Jacko said to her.

She nodded taking a sip.

“Well it’s funny that you seemed to be on holiday so soon after we talked last.” He murmured.

She lifted her head and looked at him.

“If you are about to tell me that you put a tracker on my car then you should know I’ve been awake all night and sleep depravation can be used in my defence when I kill you.” She said to him.

She caught sight of Joe sniggering.

“Maybe a tracker did accidentally fall on your car. And you know what it told me that you were in Summer Bay.” Jacko told her.

She glared at him before putting her head on her folded arms. She remembered her promise to text Miles and she pulled out her phone. She looked at the display and typed out a message before realising she was too tired to type. She handed the phone to Jacko.

“Ring Miles and tell him I got here ok and now I’m having a sleep.” She yawned and lowered her head back on her arms.

Jacko looked at the phone for a moment before dialling.

“Hello is that Miles?” he asked when the phone was answered.

“Speaking. You don’t sound like Ella.”

“She asked me to ring for her. She’s just fallen asleep.” Jacko said.

“Ok I’ll pass that on to Roman.” Miles said. “Tell her the boy is fine and he said he was happy to stay.”

“Ok I will do when she wakes up.” Jacko murmured and hung up the phone.

“What did he say?” she asked after a while.

Jacko moved back over to the table.

“Just said he’d tell Roman and the boy is fine.” He murmured.

She nodded before bolting upright.

“Hang on did he say tell Roman?” she asked.

Jacko nodded.

“You blinking idiot.” She muttered.

“Ok.” Jacko said puzzled.

“Because that is Roman you fool, Mike has decided he wants to be called Mike.”

“Er… Joe I think she needs more coffee.”

“Nope I got that. Little Roman is now called Mike. That right?” he asked and she nodded.

“So wait he’s going to tell Roman that some man called him and told him you were asleep.” Jacko grinned.

She nodded.

“And like hours after telling him I wasn’t seeing anyone.” She muttered.

“Whoops.” Jacko grinned.

She glared at him and finished the cold coffee.

“So anyway you’ve seen hardcore. Oh and you had no sleep last night. Are those two connected?”

She blushed.

“Not in the way your mind is connecting them. We were talking all night.” She told him.

He nodded knowingly.

“Lets talk about this tracker you put on my car and this meeting shall we?” she asked.

Jacko smiled slowly.

“We were concerned.” He told her seriously. “We want you to be ok Girlie. You don’t have Mike to look out for you so we do it. The same way you are there for us in place of Mike.”

Ella felt tears prick her eyes.

“But you are kind of happy aren’t you?” he asked.

She nodded.

“It’s just like we hadn’t met for a few days not years. He says it’s the same for him and he wants us to date.” She murmured.

Jacko patted her hand.

“Well then you know where we are if you need us Girlie.” He said to her but he still frowned.

She stood up and moved round the table to hug him.

“Thanks Jacko.” She said and kissed his cheek.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She went back to her studio and got another few hours sleep, before showering and getting changed. She checked for messages and climbed back in her car for the return trip. She felt like she could make the trip in her sleep now which was a good thing because she felt half asleep anyway. She pulled up next to the caravan and climbed out of the car and stretched.

Miles saw her and walked over.

“Hello.” He murmured.

“Hey.” She said and yawned. “Sorry my body thinks it’s about 3am.”

“Everything sorted?” he asked pleasantly.

She nodded.

“Apart from the fool who rang you without giving his name. That was Jacko. And I have no idea how to explain this because they used to be in the same unit but Roman hasn’t talked to them for ages and he was checking up on me because of the whole Roman and me history stuff. Taking the part of my brother, which was sweet don’t you think but now I have to sort Roman out without telling him about Jacko and Pete and James but that will remind him of the past and well he doesn’t want that.“ She sighed. “Sorry caffeine overdose. I always talk too much. As in can’t shut up.“ She clamped a hand over her mouth and looked at Miles.

He was grinning.

“Well I should tell you that firstly, you disappeared on him, and he used the word again, and he’s not happy. Then I told him about the man who called on your behalf and he is now seriously not happy.”

Ella looked at Miles and nodded. She kept her hand over her mouth.

“You really do talk a lot don’t you?”

Ella nodded.

“Don’t tell him he hasn’t seen me on a caffeine bender.” She began. “I had a few cans of energy drink which are like sugar and caffeine and well it’s not a good thing.”

“How many is a few?” Miles asked. “And do you have any left?”

She nodded to the latter question and opened her car. Miles saw 4 empty cans and grinned at her. She handed him the two cans she had left.

“Thanks.” He said. “Would you like a glass of water?” he asked her.

She nodded.

“Avoiding talking?” he asked her and she nodded again.

He laughed and led her into the house. He poured her out a glass of water and she sank on to the sofa and sipped it.

“So Miles you know him what do you think I should tell him?” She said after a minute.

“The truth, you asked someone to call because you were asleep.” He grinned. “Providing you’ve come down off that high by then.”

She grinned.

“I need some sleep.” She murmured. “Where is my son?”

“He’s with Roman on the beach.”

She stood up and headed to the door.

“Ella he can be trusted.” Miles pointed out to her.

“And he can charm birds from the trees too. I don’t want my son interrogated.” She muttered then sat back down.

“Changed your mind?” Miles asked after a moment.

“No” she muttered. “It’s a big beach and I don’t know what spot to go to. And knowing my son I’m now scared as to what tricks he’s playing.” She leant back on the sofa and closed her eyes.

Miles laughed.

“It’s not funny Miles. He is a superbrain. His IQ is like well high. I’ve had to send him to boarding school to keep him occupied as opposed to main stream where he’ll get up to all sorts.” She murmured.

Miles laughed.

“And that is funny because?” she asked him.

“Well I’m presuming that you and little Mike will be staying around and after watching Roman with Nicole and Aden it will be fun to see him matched up with Mike.” He said with another chuckle.

She sighed.

“Things may not be that way. I have a life in the city.” She said.

“I must have imagined that Roman looked happier than I’ve seen him in years.” Miles told her.

“Really?” she asked hopefully.

“And you seem to like him too.” He added, looking over at her.

She smiled.

“I do like him.” she confessed.

“A lot?” Miles murmured and although it was a question he suspected the answer already.

“Can I talk to you Miles?” she murmured.

He nodded.

“Roman is the one.” She sighed. “I’ve been involved but no one has come close to making me feel like him.”

She moved so she was lying flat on Miles very comfortable sofa. He watched her sink into the covers and reached for a throw to lay over her. She sighed again and closed her eyes.

“I think I’m still in love with him and it really sucks.” She mumbled sleepily.

”Why does it suck?” he asked her softly.

“Because we are too far away from each other. One of us will have to move and all sorts. I don’t think he’s ever got over his past.” She yawned once more. “And if Ro.. Mike.” She corrected and stopped whatever she was about to say. ”Well he’s the important one.” She mumbled.

Miles moved away quietly and went to sit out the back. He smiled to himself.

Mike and Roman headed back to the Caravan Park. Mike spotted the car first and went to the van but she wasn’t there. He sighed and then ran over to the house before Roman could say anything. He stopped when Miles caught hold of him and pointed to the sofa.

“She was going to come find you.” He murmured.

Mike nodded.

“I shouldn’t have gone but it was cool.”

“Too right.” She mumbled.

“You’re supposed to be asleep.” Mike said to her.

“How many times have I told you not to go off with strangers?” she muttered.

“Well one thing, you did leave me with Miles who is a stranger and you know Roman.”

She sat up and looked at him.

“You told me to go away when I tried to wake you this morning to take you with me. And Miles is a teacher so he’s had all these checks to make sure he is ok. And just because I know Roman doesn’t mean that you are allowed to go off with him.” She muttered folding her arms and looking at him.

“I didn’t say go away.” Mike muttered back.

“No what you said was a lot ruder and don’t think I’ve forgotten it either. You will be docked on your allowance.”

“So how come you can swear and I can’t?” Mike asked grinning.

“Because I’m an adult and you aren’t and I make the rules! Now isn’t that unfair?”

Mike laughed and went over to her.

“Hey mum.” He grinned giving her a hug.

“Hey kiddo. Papa Joe says hello.” She said returning the hug.

“So that is where you went.” Mike turned to Miles and Roman. “Pap Joe’s is this cool bar in the city. Mum taught me to play pool there when I was struggling with trigonometry. I had to stand on a beer crate to reach the table.”

Miles glanced at Roman who had remained quiet throughout the exchange.

“How old were you?” Miles asked him.

“I dunno 5 I think.” Mike said with a glance at his mum.

She nodded as Miles chuckled.

“Angles of the shots.” Miles began. “I like it.”

Ella grinned and stood up.

“Well we’ve taken up lots of you time Miles so we’ll leave you in peace for a while.” Ella murmured moving over to the door. Mike followed and they started walking out.

“Wait.” Roman said. “I’ll come with you. See you around Miles.”

Ella started walking over to their caravan and Roman fell into step beside her.

“I was upset when you left without saying anything.” He confessed finally.

She turned and looked at him.

“I’m sure Miles explained that I had to go for a last minute meeting. And anyway I left Mike here if not my clothes and things.” She murmured.

Mike looked at them and raced ahead to grab his stuff before moving off to the shower block. She would have laughed at Mike but Roman was looking at her with a strange expression on his face.

“What?” Ella asked him.

He sighed.

“How about a coffee?” he suggested.

She shook her head.

“I need to feed the boy and get some decent sleep.” She mumbled.

“The boy had a full lunch I’d be surprised that he can eat anything else and..” he trailed off. “I’m pushing aren’t I?” he asked at her expression.

“Yes.” She replied. “Mike is my priority. Everything else comes second. I need to spend some time with him today.”

He folded his arms across his chest and looked at her.

“Ok, tomorrow then, I’ll call you.” He murmured and walked away.

Turning around he came back and pressed a kiss to her lips and then moved away again. She watched him go and then smiled. She wondered how long it would take him to find out he didn’t have her phone number. Still smiling she went into the van and waited for Mike to come back.

Roman walked into the house and found Nicole and Aden sitting on the sofa waiting for him.

“So Dad.” Nic began.

“Yeah, Roman.” Aden joined in.

“A mysterious woman from your past comes to the Bay.” Nic murmured. “And you go all gooey.”

Aden looked at her.

“Gooey?” he asked.

She grinned.

“Puppy dog eyes, sighing a lot, staying awake thinking about her.” she explained. “Probably writing her initials in a love heart somewhere.”

Aden shrugged.

“Gooey fits.” He murmured.

“First off my love life is none of your concern and second, Aden you no longer live here.” Roman began, and sensing a long discussion he sat down opposite them.

“So you are seeing her?” Nic said.

“I might be. It depends.” He answered her and was struck by the thought that maybe Ella had changed her mind and sending him home was a ploy for her doing a runner. He groaned and pulled out his phone before realising that they hadn’t exchanged numbers.

He swore.

Aden grinned at him.

“Definitely gooey.” He said to Nic and she nodded twirling her hair around her finger.

“Shut up.” He said to them.

Nic laughed.

“We like seeing you like this. I mean there was Charlie and then Leah but they were a long time ago, so I haven’t really seen you in action as a stud.”

Aden looked at her.

“I didn’t mean it that way.” She turned and said to him seeing the expression on Aden’s face.

“Well there was the year he spent in Prison.”

“Yuk! Aden Jefferies.” She muttered, flushing a dark red.

Roman looked at her.

“Er… Nic.” He began.

“I meant when he was away from the Bay you pervert.” Aden said and pushed her. He looked over at Roman. “Unless of course there is something you want to tell us?”

Roman gave him the look.

“I’ve missed that.” He said to Nic.

“The glare?” she asked.

He nodded.

“It just tells you off without the words you know.”

“And then there is the folding of the arms.” She said and looked over at her Dad. “See he’s doing it now. It’s the I’m going to listen to what you say but you have no chance of getting away with it fold.”

Roman looked at them and laughed.

Nic grinned and went over to him. She put her arms around him and held him.

“It is good to see you back with us.” She said to him.

He looked at her.

“Was I gone then?” he murmured, knowing she meant the emotional detachment he sometimes had after his prison spell.

“Just sometimes. She’s nice Dad.” She added the last.

He grinned.

“She’s wonderful.” He told her without thinking.

Aden chuckled.

“Now get out of here I need some sleep.” He murmured.

Nic grinned and picked up her bag before walking out a grin still on her face. Aden stood and put the cups in the sink, more out of habit that his need to tidy up. He walked over to the door and looked at Roman. The other man opened his arms and Aden went over to him.

“It’s good to see you son.” He said to him.

“Thanks Dad.” Aden grinned.

They embraced for a minute before Aden too left and Roman climbed the stairs and collapsed on his bed. After a couple of minutes he stood up and moved over to his footlocker he had in the bottom of his wardrobe and pulled out the Wordsworth book and looked at it before finding her book and seeing her writing before flicking through the pictures. There was another book in the locker it was his diary and he waited a moment before reaching for it. He looked at it and then took a deep breath and opened it. His handwriting was awful. He laughed when he saw a recipe penned in the margins of a page. He skimmed over it before putting them all back in the footlocker and going back to lie on the bed. He finally got to sleep.

Ella drove them to Yabbie creek for a look around before finding some place to buy some food.

“I like him. “ Mike told her out of the blue while they stood in the supermarket queue.

“That’s nice.” She murmured.

“So if you want to …” he began and saw the expression on her face.

“Er Mike. I’m not asking your permission. But on the other hand I need you to be comfortable with who I date.”

“That’s funny.” He murmured.

“It is?” she asked moving the trolley further up the queue to the checkout.

“Because I sort of got the feeling that you would stop seeing him tomorrow if I said I didn’t want you to keep dating him.”

Ella looked at him.

“Have I done it before?” she asked with a sigh.

Mike nodded his head.

“All the time. And its great that you care for me but serious Mum I might start getting warped if you don’t have a life yourself and what are you going to do when I leave home?” he asked her.

She looked at him.

“You are never moving out. Promise me. Promise me now!” She said in a slightly desperate tone that had the woman next to them smiling. She grinned at the slow colour that washed over his face.

“Thanks for that.” He said to her once they were outside.

“Mike what if I said to you that it was more than dating.” She murmured as they walked back to the car.

“You mean marriage?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“Nobody has mentioned the M word thank you very much.” She murmured.

He chuckled.

“That’s a relief you have a problem with commitment.”

“Are you sure you are 11?” she asked him.

“Well you seem to have avoided it all these years even though you’ve been engaged.” He said to her. “That isn’t because of me is it?” he suddenly added sounding worried.

She smiled at him placing the shopping in the back and moving round to the front of the car.

“No. It’s because at the end of the day the relationship wasn’t working.” She murmured. “But seriously, do you like Summer Bay? And how would you feel if Roman was a bigger part of your life?”

They climbed into the car and she set off back to the Caravan Park.

“I like both of them. I think the Bay could be kind of cool place to live.” He murmured.

“As long as you aren’t saying that because you think that’s what I want to hear.” She told him.

He shook his head.

“I’ll still be in school won’t I?” he asked her.

“It’s a 2 hour drive from here but yes it can be done.” She told him.

He grinned.

“Well I like Roman he’s sort of cool.” He shrugged. “Nicole is a Princess though.” He told her grinning.

“That she is.” Ella agreed before she could sensor her words.

Mike looked over at her profile as she drove.

“Have you been drinking Caffeine?” he asked.

Ella grinned.

“A little.” She murmured.

“Oh god. Did you like speak to anyone?”

She pulled the car over and it slowed to a stop.

“Mike.” She said seriously. “Dude, I talked to everyone.”

He laughed.

“Yeah, its not really funny though is it? Remember that time you…”

She coughed.

“Oh yeah, we don’t mention that do we?” he said slyly.

“No we do not mention the time I flew from the UK for a parents day at your other school and was awake for three days straight and drank coffee to stay awake and we do not ever tell anyone in Summer Bay that story.” She warned him.

“But it was cool when you cornered the headmaster and talked to him for three hours.”

“For who? He was incredibly boring.”

“I’m not surprised you thought that he didn’t actually do more than nod for three hours.”

She raised her eyebrows.

“He asked me a question and I answered it.” she defended.

“The chemical process of developing film is not a fascinating subject Mum.” He grinned at her.

“It is.” She muttered. “Just because you were born in the digital age.”

She carried the food over to the van and sorted it out. She pulled out the pans and began cooking.

He sat on the sofa and pulled out his Ipod putting the headphones in and shuffling the tunes.

She grinned at him and felt so proud of him all of a sudden. Finishing the meal she served it up and placed his in front of him. They ate quietly.

“Why don’t you go see him this evening?” Mike asked her out of the blue.

She looked at him, and shook her head.

“Who would look after you?” she asked.

“I’m 11.” He murmured. “I think I can handle a night on my own.”

“No.” she flat out refused. “At home you have security system and know how to get hold of Harry and Joe but here? Nope. And I know that it is a reasonably ok place but still.”

He looked at her.

“No that is not overprotective so don’t even try that one with me.” She grinned.

He shrugged

“Well I tried.” He grinned.

She nodded.

“Thank you for the offer.”

She cleared the table and washed up the pots before reaching for her book.

A knock sounded on the door and Mike looked at her before answering it.

“Hey” he said greeting Ollie.

“I wondered if you wanted to come over to the house and watch a film?” Ollie asked him.

She looked over at Mike.

He nodded.

“Go on then. I’ll go and visit. Roman” She said and saw him smile. “Back by 10:30.”

She waited until he left before freshening up and pulling out her keys and heading out.

He rolled over hearing a distant knocking sound. Eventually he realised it was at the door and he raced to answer it. He caught Ella halfway back down the path and wondered just how heavy he had been sleeping.

“Hey!” he called and she turned round. She smiled at him and he grinned.

Her walk over to him set his pulse rate higher and he grinned some more.

“Wait here.” He said talking hold of her hand and pulling her into the lounge and kicking the door shut behind them. He ran up the stairs and into the bathroom splashing water on his face and brushing his teeth before he went back downstairs. She was still standing where he left her and

he took her into his arms and kissed her.

She moaned against his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck. He led them to the sofa and they sank onto it. His hands ran over her body as he familiarised himself with it. Ella found herself pushing up his T-shirt and running her hands over his back. She touched him in a spot that used to drive him wild and a rogue thought went through his mind about how no other woman had ever touched him there like that.

“Wait.” He gasped seeing that he had undone her blouse and was pressing more kisses to her flesh.

She looked up at him.

“I can’t do this.” She murmured and pulled away.

He allowed her to sit up and straighten up her clothes.

“It is kind of wild isn’t it?” he murmured. “Marry me.”

She looked at him in shock.

“I know we sort of talked about a relationship but…?” she muttered running a shaky hand through her hair.

“We are crazy for each other Ella. Do you want to waste time while we fool around or do you want to actually build on our relationship? I know that it’s been years but we love each don’t we?” he muttered and suddenly felt nervous where he hadn’t before when he’d blurted out the proposal.

She looked at him without saying anything.

“Ella?” he asked finally.

She shook her head and his heart sank.

“I have Mike.” She said.

“No we have Mike and Nicole.” He began stopping when she stood and moved restlessly.

He watched her start to pace and he stood and moved to the kitchen and poured himself a drink of water. He took a sip before turning to her.

“Do you want something to drink?” he asked her.

“Yes.” She said.

He turned and looked at her and she smiled that particular smile that belonged to him. He came over to her and took her into his arms.

“Yes?” he asked.

She nodded.

“Lets get married. We’ve had three dates that is plenty long enough for this kinds of decision!” she murmured only slightly sarcastically.

He kissed her again.

“Tomorrow.” He said. “We’ll go to a registry office and do it.”

She looked at him.

“Slow down.” She pulled away and went into the kitchen.

“What you want a fluffy dress?” he murmured remembering their words.

She shook her head as she put her arms around his neck.

“I only want you.” She said to him.

He began to kiss her again and they fell on to the sofa. He tugged off his T-shirt and they kissed some more. She gave a shriek and pulled away from him when she looked at the time.

“I’ve got to go.” She muttered doing up her blouse and pulling down her skirt.

He rolled over and looked at her.

“You cannot be serious?” he said.

She nodded.

“Told you I’m a Mum. Mike is a priority.”

He looked at her and smiled.

“Better do something about your hair.” He told her.

She put her hand to it.

“Roman Harris.” She muttered trying to smooth it.

“And I seem to have given you a love bite too.”

She put her hand to the side of her neck.

“What are you like 15?” she muttered.

He chuckled and leaned over to her and kissed her again.

“Are you going to say you didn’t enjoy it because there were some interesting noises coming from you.” He murmured looking deep into her eyes.

“You know I enjoyed it.” she said placing her hands flat on his chest and she swore that she was going to push him away but her hands moved around him and she ended up holding him again as their lips met.

“Oh my god!” Nic exclaimed walking in through the door. “Get a room.” She muttered.

Roman and Ella broke apart and flushed.

He reached for his T-shirt and pulled it on.

“You’re home early.” He said to Nic.

“Yes apparently so.” She said her hand covering her eyes.

Ella stood up and walked to the door.

“We’ll talk tomorrow.” She said to him.

He smiled as he followed her and pressed another kiss to her lips.

“Goodnight.” He said softly.

She grinned at him as she ran to her car and drove off.

He turned and encountered Nic’s glare.

“You wanted to see the Stud in action.” He said to her.

“Oh my god. Yuk! “ Nic muttered. “Seriously Yuk” she ran upstairs hearing her dad laughing.

Roman rolled over and saw the hot cup of coffee on his bedside cabinet.

“Morning.” He murmured sitting up and making sure the quilt covered him.

“Hello.” Ella grinned at him.

“How did you get in?” he asked.

“Nic let me in.

“She’s awake?” he said. “How long have I been asleep?”

“Yes and I don’t know. Depends on what time you got to bed really.” She smiled. “Mike said yes.”

He looked at her.

“Yes?” he asked.

”Yes to moving here, I presume you want to live here, and yes to marriage. He said and I quote I should go for it.”

He had been taking a sip of coffee and was struck by the dilemma of drinking some more or kissing her. He put the cup to one side and kissed her. Wrapping his arms around her and pulling her towards him.

“Hey!” She murmured. “He’s downstairs.” She pointed out.

He looked disappointed for a second and then kissed her anyway.

“Anyway you get dressed and whatever and we’ll meet you at the diner.”

“Today?” he asked and she shook her head.

“As much as you want to they need a months notice.” She murmured.

“Well that will give us time I suppose.” He said trying to look on the positive.

She grinned at him.

“I’d believe you if you weren’t pouting.”

He pulled her into his arms and kissed her again.

“I suppose you want to wait?” he said.

She nodded.

“I want it to be special. “ she murmured.

“Then you better go and let me drink this coffee and we’ll go somewhere public for a while.” He smiled at the expression on her face.

She walked down the stairs and saw Mike sitting on the opposite sofa to Nicole. Neither of them was talking.

“Have I missed something?” Ella asked.

“No but I think Roman should have a talk with someone.” Mike grinned.

“Ah.” Ella said and sat next to Mike.

Nic folded her arms and looked at her.

“I say what a lovely day it is. I think I’ll go wait in the car.” Mike murmured.

Ella held out the keys to him and grinned. He moved out and closed the door quietly behind him.

“So you are going to be my stepmother.” Nic said softly.

“Only if you are ok with it.” Ella replied.

“Great so if I’m not ok with it then I’m a worse brat than an 11 year old.” She muttered standing and going into the kitchen.

“No you are a concerned adult wondering if her father has gone mental.” Ella grinned, standing up and following her.

She saw Nic trying not to smile.

“Well I don’t suppose it matters much to me I’ll be with Geoff.” She said.

Ella looked at her.

“Of course it matters.” She said softly. “You are an important member of the family. Do you think he’d be happy if you weren’t?” she asked the girl.

She shook her head and her hair drifted around her face.

“It’s not that I’m unhappy. I haven’t seen my dad like this in… well ever really but it’s so sudden. For me that is, I suppose waiting 11 years does kind of put a different spin on it.” Nicole said with sudden realisation.

Ella nodded.

“Take some time to get used to it and we’ll have a proper talk.” She murmured and put her finger to her lips.

“Hey.” Roman called out from behind them.

Nic grinned and wondered how Ella knew he was coming down the stairs.

“Hey there, Daddy.” Nic said.

“Ok what do you want?” he asked.

He moved into the kitchen with them thinking how nice it was to see Ella standing there.

“Nothing.” She smiled. “Can’t I be nice without you wondering if I’m up to something.”

He looked a t Nicole.

“Of course you can but I’m just not used to it!” he murmured.

She smiled and looked at Ella.

“Are you sure you want to get involved with him? He’s cranky. Doesn’t cope without coffee. Very untidy.”

Ella grinned some more, mainly at the look on Roman’s face.

“Right we need to go get breakfast.” He said without commenting on Nic’s question. “We’ll see you later.” He steered Ella out and she moved to the car. Roman watched as Mike got out of the front seat and moved into the back. He looked at Ella for a second before moving into the passenger seat. She climbed behind the driver’s side and set off.

“Directions please?” she asked.

He looked at her.

“Take a left at the end of the road.” He began and went through the directions.

“Got that Mike?” she asked.

He nodded.

“Yeah.” He said.

She turned and gave Roman a quick look before manoeuvring the car round the turn and saw him smiling.

They pulled up outside the diner and Mike got out first and waited for them to join him before walking inside.

“Are you just lousy at directions or did Mike just learn something else?” he asked her as they climbed out of the car.

“Both.” She smiled.

“She only learned to drive when I was 3.” Mike grinned.

“Seriously?” Roman asked her.

She nodded as she locked the car and they went inside.

“What else don’t I know about you?” he smiled.

“Lots I imagine.”

“She’s rich.” Mike told him. “Don’t even attempt to talk to her if she hasn’t had coffee in the mornings!”

“Er Mike.” Ella murmured at the same time Roman said, “I know that one.”

She blushed.

“Really?” Mike asked immediately.

“Rich?” Roman asked changing the subject quickly.

She nodded.

“Reasonably.” She murmured.

“As in buy my half share of the diner?” he asked.

Mike looked at him.

“More like buy the town.” He said.

“Ok.” Roman said trying to get his head round that.

She glared at Mike but he just grinned.

They sat a table and Colleen came over to serve them, a disapproving look on her face.

Roman tried to hide a grin.

“Are we telling people?” he asked her.

She shook her head.

“Not until you speak to Nicole first.” She pointed out.

“That’s funny, I got the impression she already knew this morning.” He grinned.

“She does but you still need to talk to her. She is your daughter.” Ella pointed out. “And it wouldn’t be right to broadcast our news without speaking to her first.”

He nodded.

“You are right and I love you for caring.” He murmured and then paled as he saw Colleen grinning at him, clearly overhearing part of the conversation.

“Incidentally, how come you didn’t have a daughter all those years ago?” she asked him.

“I did I just didn’t see her.” he murmured.

“Or mention her. Especially when you asked me.” She looked at him without finishing the sentence before looking at Mike. “Perhaps you should go to the beach for 15 minutes.” She suggested to him.

Mike gave her a look then got up and moved outside.

“Ok I should have talked about her. But aside from her name I knew nothing about her. I didn’t even see her.” He said softly taking hold of her hand.

She shook her head.

Leah walked over to the table with their order.

“Roman.” She greeted.

He released Ella’s hand and looked at Leah seeing the expression on her face.

“Colleen true to form.” He murmured to her.

Leah nodded.

“Anything you want to tell us?” Leah asked.

“Nope apparently not.” Roman said and looked at Ella.

She shook her head and stood up.

“Excuse me I have to go find Mike.” She told them.

“Hey.” Roman called to her.

She shook her head again and moved out the diner.

“Problem?” Leah asked her voice soft.

Roman shrugged.

“Yeah it’s called Nicole.” He grumbled.

“Nic?” Leah asked puzzled.

Roman shook his head.

“Never mind.” He said. “I’ll sort it out.”

He looked up and saw Ella and Mike coming back in and he smiled. They sat down at the table and Leah left them to it.

“We are planning on spending some time on the beach today and we wondered whether you and Nicole would like to join us.” Ella asked him.

He smiled.

“I don’t know about Nicole but I would.”

She grinned at him.

“Where is the best spot?” she murmured.

“Not far from here there are some dunes.”

“Where we spent the other night?” she asked him, just as Colleen went to wipe down the next table.

He chuckled.

“Yeah there.” He said a smile playing on his lips.

“Ok.” She said and smiled at him.

“I’ll text Nic and see what she is doing later.” He murmured and pulled out his phone.

“You better get my number while you are at it.” she said and recited it for him.

He nodded and programmed his phone and typed a text message sending it to her.

“That’s my number.” He grinned.

She pulled out her phone and opened it to read the text.

“I love you xx”

She grinned and leaned over the table and kissed him.

“Yuk” Mike said and put his hands over his eyes. “I suppose there will be a lot of this?” he asked.

Ella looked at him and grinned.

“Oh lot and lots.” She confirmed.

Roman smiled happily.

“Does my dad know you are in the Bay?” Nic asked her. She knew from talking to her dad that morning that Ella wasn’t due back until the weekend.

Ella shook her head.

“I came to talk to you. Can we go to the diner?” she asked softly.

Nic nodded and grabbed her bag leaving the house.

They climbed in Ella’s car and she drove them to the diner. They remained silent on the trip. Ella had even turned off her music.

They went inside and ordered drinks before sitting down.

“Now then. I thought it might be nice to have a chat.” Ella started.

Nic looked at her and rolled her eyes.

“Sure.” She said only slightly sarcastically.

Ella laughed.

“Look I’m trying to be serious here. I’m supposed to have a grown up talk with you young lady in the manor of a stepmother and well it would be good if you didn’t make me laugh.”

Nic looked at her for a moment before she smiled.

“Ok Step-mama.” She murmured and then paled. “Hello Colleen.” She said to the other woman as she brought the coffee over.

“I knew something was happening.” Colleen said happily.

Ella looked at her as she sipped her coffee.

“Nothing is happening Colleen.” Ella said.

She held up her left hand.

“See no ring. We’re just having a joke. She’s trying to marry me off to her dad but it isn’t going to happen.” Ella murmured. “I promise you’ll be the first to know if I was that stupid.”

Nic took a gulp of her coffee to hide that she was about to burst out laughing and grinned as Colleen bumbled away.

“Nicely done.” Nic said finally.

“Now look. I need to be serious here.” She murmured. “Your dad and I are getting.” She stopped and doubled checked that Colleen wasn’t about. “Married. But I need to know that you are ok with it?”

“Yes I am. I’ve thought about it and well, I can’t be selfish can I?” she murmured. “You and Mike have been great for him Dragged him out of his shell.” Nic grinned. “But thank you for this.”

Ella smiled.

“Not a problem.” She smiled.

She looked at her watch.

“I suppose I should be getting back. This was the only time I could escape.”

“He’s keeping you busy?” Nic asked and blushed. “Don’t answer that.” She added quickly.

Nic chuckled.

“I sent him to get his suit and told him I was wedding shopping. Luckily I already have the dress.”

“I can’t wait to see it.” Nic told her.

Ella shook her head.

“It’s just plain and simple just want to go say our.” She stopped and nodded over to Colleen who was wiping the next table very slowly. “And then go to the other place.” She added in code.

Nic grinned.

“Looking forward to the other place are you?”

“Too damn right.” Ella said and blushed.

“Are you actually waiting?” she murmured.

Ella nodded.

“Not that I should be talking about this to you.”

Nic chuckled.

“I do not want any details!” She confirmed. “I’m waiting too.” She murmured and blushed herself. She looked down at her sapphire engagement ring and grinned.

Ella smiled at her.

“I have to go. You are sure you are ok?”

Nic nodded at her.

“So we’ll see you tomorrow at 3pm?” she asked her.

Nic smiled.

“Wouldn’t miss it.” she told her and watched as El moved away and out of the diner.

Ella met Roman in the shopping centre and she was only a half-hour late.

“Practising for tomorrow?” he murmured.

She stood on tiptoe and pressed a kiss to his lips.

“Maybe.” She grinned. “I had to run an errand and the traffic was awful.”

He moved them out the way of a couple of people and indicated a café ahead of them.

She told hold of his hand and they walked slowly to the café. He stood as she sat down and then sat in the both next to her.

“I hope you haven’t bought a suit.” She told him. “I’m not going that fancy.”

“Suit and tie and even new shoes.” He told her with a smile. “And a few other things.”

She smiled.

“Tie?” she asked. “You hate them.”

He nodded.

The waitress came over and they ordered drinks.

“Have you eaten?” he asked her.

She shook her head.

“Would you like something now or wait until later? He asked.

“Later.” she murmured.

He smiled.

The waitress came back with their coffees and placed them in front of them. She looked over at Roman and smiled. He focused on Ella and took hold of her hand across the table and the waitress slunk off.

“Nicely done.” Ella told him.

He grinned at her.

“We need to choose rings.” He told her.

“Rings plural?” she asked.

He nodded.

“Well I presume you want to wear a wedding ring.”

Ella looked at him.

“And maybe I’ll get you an engagement ring.”

She chuckled.

“Just the wedding ring.” She told him. “I don’t wear a lot of jewellery.”

She looked at the smiled on his face and felt herself grinning.

“Are you saying you want a ring?” she asked.

He nodded.

“Well we better go and look at rings then.” She smiled at him.

He found he was rubbing his thumb on third finger of her left hand and chuckled. He suddenly couldn’t wait to be married.

They finished the coffee and he led them to one of the jewellers he’d already looked into the window of.

“Checked it out?” she asked him and saw him nod.

He took her inside and pointed to a tray of platinum rings.

“Really?” she murmured.

“Can we look at these please?” he asked the assistant.

She pulled out a tray of wedding bands. They were plain platinum bands, polished to a high gleam. Ella looked at them and felt a momentary panic. She took a deep breath and tried to imagine how it would look on her finger and then the responsibility of actually being married hit her and that one momentary panic built up inside her until she felt a big weight pressing down on her.

“I don’t like them.” she told him.

“They are plain but I thought you would like that?” he asked.

She shook her head dragging in a breath through taught lips.

He looked at the next selection of rings without noticing the panicked look on her face. He found another selection and indicated that he wanted to look at that. The assistant brought them over and Ella looked at them with blurry eyes. She picked up the first ring and tried to pretend interest. The ring fell from he grasp and on to the floor.

“Sorry.” She muttered.

She turned to look at him.

“Sorry.” She said again and ran out of the shop.

He picked up the ring and placed it quickly on the top before turning and going after her.

“Ella.” He said catching up with her near the exit.

She shook her head at him.

“I want to get some fresh air.” She told him and carried on moving until she was outside.

He walked beside her quietly.

“This is quick isn’t it?” he asked.

She nodded.

“Sorry just got a bit nervous all of a sudden.” She explained after a minute.

“Ok.” Roman murmured.

He took hold of her hand.

“Do you want to wait a bit? We can postpone.”

She looked at him, seeing his carefully neutral expression and shook her head, know that if she postponed she’d come up with a hundred reasons not to go through with it and it wasn’t like she didn’t care for him. A second glance told her she had made the right choice when he smiled.

“It’s just so much. Moving, settling Mike into the Bay.” She murmured.

“Ok.” he said softly. “How about we go and get something to eat and ..”

She interrupted him.

“We need to get your ring.” She said to him. “Otherwise how will people know you are taken.”

He chuckled.

She banked down the remaining panic and took hold of his hand and led him back into the shopping centre and heading up the escalators towards an alternate jeweller. She looked in the window and then moved inside.

“Can we look at these?” she pointed out a tray.

He looked at the selection and saw they were matching rings. He found himself smiling like an idiot.

She picked up a ring and slid it onto his finger. It was a perfect fit. He did likewise with the counterpart.

“It’s fate,” he said to her softly when the matching ring fitted her.

“We’ll take them.” She said.

“Separate purchases.” He murmured.

The assistant nodded and the to the purchase taking the rings to the back of the shop to be boxed up. They presented their cards and were handed the rings, receipts and cards back.

They went out of the shop.

“So dinner.” He murmured.

She looked at her watch.

“We have six hours until midnight.”

He looked at her a thoughtful expression on his face before he leaned over and kissed her.

“Well we could go and have an early night?” he murmured.

She caught hold of his hand and pulled him closer to her and kissed him.

“I presume you meant alone.”

He smiled at her.

“Well I know which one I would enjoy.”

Ella shook her head.

“Can you keep up with me?” she asked him.

Roman nodded.

“Oh yes.” He said in a tone of voice that had her pulse racing.

She went to her car.

“I’ll meet you at the exit.” She said.

He moved up to the next level and climbed into his car. He drove to the exit and met her there. She sounded the car horn as they set off and she led him through the city streets to a secluded restaurant down a back street. She parked and watched as he did the same a little bit further up the street. He walked slowly toward her and she smiled at him.

He pulled her into his arms and kissed her long and hard. She lent against him and sighed.

“Ok?” he asked.

She nodded.

He grinned and held her hand and waked with her inside.

Ella woke up and grinned. Today was her wedding day. She was getting married. She was seriously getting married. She vaulted out of bed and ran to the bathroom where she threw up. Mike came in the bathroom and handed her a glass of water.

“It this nerves or are you pregnant already?” he asked.

She glared at him.

“I can’t do this.” She groaned.

“What is it about commitment?” he asked her sitting next to her on the bathroom floor.

“It’s.” she stopped. “I love him but we’ve only known each other, again, a short while and what if it goes wrong? I’ve screwed up our lives.”

Mike put his arm around her.

“And how screwed up are you going to be if you don’t marry him?” Mike asked softly.

She looked at him and drank the water.

“Get out of here I need to shower.” She muttered.

She watched as he went out with a cheeky grin on his face and stood up and turned on the shower. She climbed under the hot water. Coming out a while later she saw that Mike had made breakfast for her. She took a bite of toast and drank some coffee.

“So what are we doing today?” he asked.

“Manicure, pedicure, hair, get dressed, head to the registry office and get married, dispatch you back to the Bay with Miles and Roman and I will head to the hotel.” She went through the list.

He grinned.

“Perfect. You said it without the panic attack.” He told her.

She glared at him some more and then smiled.

“I did didn’t I?” she said proud of herself.

She stood and went into the bedroom and started getting ready.

Miles walked into the hotel room. He found Roman up already and dressed.

“Strewth it’s not until this afternoon.” He pointed out to him.

Roman grinned.

He picked up a box from the table and tossed it to Miles.

“Better hang on to that.” He said to him.

Miles opened the box and looked at it.

“Nice.” He said softly. “So any last minute nerves?”

Roman shook his head.

“None.” He murmured.

“Pity I bought this then.” Miles told him pulling out a bottle of whisky.

“I think I might be feeling one or two nerves.” Roman murmured.

Miles moved over to the cabinet and poured out two glasses of whisky and handed one to Roman.

“As best man I’m supposed to say something meaningful to you and all I can think of is you lucky SOB!” he said and raised his glass in toast.

“Thanks mate.” Roman said with a grin.

He took a long drink of the whisky and felt the fiery liquid hit the back of his throat.

Ella did a slow twirl in front of the mirror. She was wearing a long pale blue gown. Her long hair hung down in curls around her face. She was wearing full make up her nails painted a soft pink colour. She stepped out into the lounge and saw Mike waiting for her.

“Mum you look wow.” He said. “But that isn’t a real wedding dress.”

She nodded, smoothing a hand down her gown.

“Every time I tried one on it made me panic.” She confessed. “Do I look alright?”

“I told you that you look ok but you could look better.” He told her. “This is your wedding day.”

She looked down and saw the silky material and blinked away the tears threatening to ruin her mascara. She nodded and moved into the bedroom and took the dress off and pulled on her jeans and a vest top grabbing the handbag that matched the satin shoes she put in the essentials and then grabbed her wallet and phone.

Mike looked at her and nodded and they moved outside, walking along the street until they summoned a taxi. It took them to the shopping centre and she and Mike moved quickly to the bridal boutique.

“You have an hour and don’t forget to factor in traffic.” He pointed out.

She nodded and moved to the dresses. She went through them one after another until she found one she liked. She lifted it off the rail and checked the size.

Mike nodded and she moved into the changing room. She pulled it on and smiled. It was a long silk dress with full-length sleeves and a large silk flower, decorating the waist. She picked up a matching flower to put in her hair. She walked over to the till.

“I’d like to take this and I want to wear it.” She told the assistant.

Mike grinned at the assistant’s confusion.

“Er yes madam.” She muttered.

“And can you bag up my clothes please?” she grinned.

They got out of there in just under 40 minutes and flagged down a cab. She pinned the flower in her hair and checked her make up. They were making good time when the traffic slowed to a crawl before it stopped.

“Time check?” she asked Mike.

“We are late.” He said,

“How late?” she forced herself to stay calm as she asked the question.

“At the moment 10 minutes but the traffic. We’ll never get there.” He pointed out.

She pulled out her phone and logged on to the Internet getting up a map to the registry office from where they were.

“We can run?” she suggested.

Mike nodded.

She showed him the route and he nodded again.

“We should get there in about 15 to twenty minutes.” He murmured.

She paid off the taxi and they climbed out and cut through the paused traffic before they started running.

“I take it you want to get married now?” he asked breathlessly after a few minutes.

“More than anything.” She said. “And you can tell I’m serious I’m flipping running in heels.” She muttered.

“She’s late.” Miles said.

Roman nodded.

“She’ll be here.” He focused on that and didn’t let the nerves hit him. She had been late before but turned up, ok so that little panic she had yesterday had been scary but she wouldn’t let him down.

“Ok then.” Miles murmured and looked over to Nic and Geoff who were acting as witnesses for today. They looked at him in concern.

They got there and raided the water fountain.

“Mum.” Mike gasped.

“Yup?” she asked.

“We made up some time on the last bit. We’re only 20 minutes late.”

“I’d nod but I don’t think I have any energy left.” She gasped.

She moved into the ladies and spent two minutes freshening up before meeting him outside the room.

“Got the ring?” she asked.

“Dammit no we’ll have to go get it.” he said.

She glared at him.

“I can still put you up for adoption.” She told him. “Lets get married.”

She opened the door and stepped inside the room.

Roman turned his head and smiled at her. He held out his hand and she moved slowly towards him. Mike walked behind her and stood next to them in front of the registrar. She held Roman’s hand throughout the simple words the registrar spoke before they spoke their vows and exchanged rings.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife.” The registrar murmured. “You may kiss the bride.”

Roman looked at her and smiled. He leaned forward taking her into his arms and kissed her softly. The kiss seared her soul and she felt a tremor run through him.

She hugged Mike one last time before he went with Miles. Geoff and Nic left too and at last they were alone in the hotel room.

“So tell me how close was it to not being married today?”

She started and looked at him.

“Well I panicked this morning and threw up. Then Mike didn’t think my original dress was wedding-ly enough and made me go buy this one. And the taxi got stuck in traffic and we had to run for 15 minutes, while I was wearing high heels and the only thought going through my head was that I hadn’t told you I loved you yet.” She murmured.

He looked at her,

“What was the last bit again?” he said softly.

She moved over to him.

“I love you. I’m in love with you.” She told him her eyes shinning with happiness.

“Really?” he asked.

She nodded.

“I’ve been scared of marriage because I made promises to myself about Mike; and even though I know I don’t have to worry, you’ll take care of him. I was still scared that if we screwed this up then it would affect him, not just now but in years to come." She said in one long sentence.

He grinned at her before he moved over to the music system and he put on something slow and romantic before coming back towards her. He held his hand out and she pit hers into it and let him pull her into his arms for a slow dance.

“I love you Mrs Harris.” He said.

She smiled and decided not to tell him that her feet were killing her.

He looked into her eyes and her breath caught in her throat. He lowered his head to her and kissed her slowly his lips pressing gently on her lips. She moved so she was pressing herself against him and kissed him back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he lifted her off her feet and held her full length against him. He carried her to the bedroom and laid her gently on the bed. He lifted her dress and undid the straps of her shoes. Sliding his hands up her legs under the skirt he found the tops of her stockings.

“I do believe I’m about to have a heart attack.” He said softly.

She giggled.

“Take off your clothes.” She murmured.

He grinned and began a slow seductive striptease until he was wearing just his boxers. She smiled at the sudden shy look on his face before rolling over so he could unhook the row of buttons at the back of her dress. He took his time, making sure to kiss every millimetre of her back he exposed. She rolled back and sat up lowering the dress to her waist before she stood up and let the dress fall to the floor. He looked at the lace suspenders holding up the sheer stockings and the lace corset and moaned.

She smiled at him and he took her into his arms and kissed her. Pulling back the covers he laid her back on the bed unhooking the fastenings of the corset and easing it away from her body. He moaned when her generous breasts seemed to spill out of the cups. He eased over her and kissed her. She put her hands on the waistband of his underwear and pushed it down.

“Uh huh.” He murmured in her ear before he kissed her neck.

She arched against him.

He took off his underwear and looked at her, lying waiting for him, with the simple platinum band on her finger, finally his wife, totally his love. He kissed her again and again, enjoying the little whimpers of pleasure from her until he could hold back no longer and he eased into her body slowly. He felt the shudders of her pleasure beginning and it was all he could do not to cry out. He looked into her eyes, her beautiful blue eyes and then he kissed her.

“I love you.” He said softly. “Oh my god I love you.”

He felt her hands on him and he moved thrusting deep into her. Together they fell apart as pleasure washed over them.

She woke a while later in his arms. Their left hands clasped together.

“Hello.” He whispered and kissed her neck softly.

“Have you been watching over me?” she murmured.

He smiled.

“Just a little while.” He told her.

“Did we really get married today?” she murmured.

“Yes.” He said to her kissing her shoulder.

“Good. I thought I dreamed it and that it wouldn’t be real.”

His arms tightened.

“We should get out of bed and have dinner.” He murmured.

She nodded.

“If I could move I would.” She told him. “Why am I still wearing stockings?” she asked.

He blushed.

“I think I’m becoming kinky.” He whispered. “They felt so sexy when you had…”

“Ok.” she interrupted. “Dinner was it?” she asked changing the subject as she climbed out of bed and she heard him chuckle.

She began to roll down the stockings and reached for her robe. She had brought her stiff her earlier. She looked in the mirror as she pulled it around her and saw him lying in bed his arms under his head as he lay back watching her. She smiled at him.

He sat up before getting out of bed and pulling on the hotel’s bathrobe and coming over to her. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her. They looked at the reflection in the mirror and she made a satisfied sound.

“Happy?” he asked.

She nodded.

“I love you.” She told him.

“I love you too.” He murmured.

She turned in his arms and wrapped her own around his neck before looking into his eyes and kissing him. Pulling away slowly she moved into the bathroom and began to run the bath. He picked up her wedding dress from where it had fallen on the floor and hung it up before straightening the bedcovers.

She put her head outside the bathroom door and watched him for a while before he realised she was there.

“Hey.” He mumbled.

“Would you like to share my bath soldier?” She asked a grin on her face.

He smiled and moved over to her. Kissing her again they climbed into the hot scented water and soaped each other sensuously before relaxing against each other. She was wrapped once more in his strong arms. When the water start cooling they climbed out and put on robes again.

“So are we going to get dress and go some where for dinner or room service?” he asked.

“What do you think?” she murmured a smile turning up the corners of her mouth.

“Room service then.” He agreed and turning her head towards him he kissed her.

They walked hand in hand to the Diner.

“Do you think they will be shocked?” she asked him.

He chuckled.

“Probably.” He murmured.

She looked at him.

“Will this ..” she stopped and tried to rephrase it.

“Ella, this is the best thing to happen to me for a long time.” he told her and pulled her to him for a long kiss. He pulled away and looked up when he caught a glimpse of Colleen out the corner of his eye. “I don’t think we’ll have to tell many people.” He murmured looking over at the older woman inside the diner who had stopped pretending she was wiping a table and was openly looking at them.

They walked into the diner and sat at a table looking at each other. Irene walked over to them.

“What can I get you Darl?” she asked.

Roman looked at Ella and smiled.

“Black coffee for me please.” She murmured.

“Coffee for me.” He said.

Ella waved her left hand at Irene.

She looked at it for a moment before noticing the ring.

“Oh. My. God!” she exclaimed and looked at Roman.

He held up his left hand too.

“Congratulations!” She exclaimed for a second time, holding her arms open to hug him.

He stood up and they embraced.

“So come on when? Where? And why weren’t we invited?” she asked them.

“Two days ago, registry office, and I have a problem with commitment so I just wanted it quiet and simple.” Ella explained.

Irene looked at them.

“You know it does kinda explain why Miles was in with little Mike yesterday.” She murmured. “And why Nic and Geoff stopped talking every time I entered the room the other day before their mysterious trip!”

“Colleen.” Roman called taking pity on the other woman, she had nearly folded herself side ways trying to over hear.

She bumbled over.

“We got married.” Ella told her. “Can you keep it a secret we don’t want anyone to know.” She added and saw Roman shaking his head at her.

“Oh my word.” She murmured and took hold of Ella’s hand looking at the ring before glancing at Roman’s left hand. “You got matching ones.” She observed.

They nodded in unison and laughed.

“So what was the dress like?” she asked Ella.

Ella shook her head.

“It was just something simple Colleen, we said our vows and had an early meal in the hotel room before we sent everyone off and then had a couple of days to ourselves.” Ella told her.

“The dress was ivory, with a flower on the waist.” She murmured.

“Well I can’t wait for the photos and I assume you will be having a reception here?”

Roman chuckled.

“Sorry Colleen the whole point of keeping it low key was so that there wasn’t a lot of fuss. “ he told the other woman.

“Yeah and there weren’t any photos.” Ella told her.

The other woman looked at them for a long moment before turning and moving away muttering to herself.

“Whoops!” Ella said contritely.

“Trouble maker.” He murmured in a low tone of voice.

She grinned at him.

“Well I’m happy for you Darls even if I have to put up with madam in a bad mood for the rest of the day!” Irene told them.

Roman chuckled and stood up. He held his hand out to Ella and she put her hand into his firm clasp and stood up.

“We’ll see you soon.” He said and led Ella out of the diner and along the beach.

He stopped after a time and looked out on the sea. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

“PDA?” she murmured.

“Very PDA.” He replied. “Rachel and Tony are over there.”

She looked at the direction he indicated and saw a couple going into the diner.

“By now Irene will have told Leah who will have told Rachel. She will have told Martha and so on.” He murmured.

“I suppose I need to get used to living in a small town.” She murmured.

“Just concentrate on getting used to living with me first. The rest will happen and I know everyone will love you because I do.” He told her seriously.

She looked up inot his eyes and saw the love shining out of them.

“I love you too.” She murmured.

His arms tightened for a fraction of a second and he led her back to the car to take her home. They picked up Mike on the way and went home.

Comments

Archived