Everything Changes (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Louise_2983

Thats why I mentioned that noone, including me I should add, would realistically expect her to be friendly with Mel but the way she behaved in that last scene was out of line and incredibly over the top. This is tough situation for the whole three of them. While Nicole may be hurt and understandably so I think she needs to remember that Melody doesn't exactly have it easy at the moment as well. She's 15, pregnant and really confused, and even in that state was able to make time to think about how her behaviour and whats going will affect others. So I don't think it would be asking much of Nicole to try and look beyond her own hurt feelings and do the same. I know thats never been her strong suit but I thought she might surprise me. And if she didn't think she could, which would also be understandable at this point, then she should have taken more time to think about what she wants and whether she will actually be able to deal with all that comes with being involved with a guy that has a girl pregnant with his baby before choosing to jump back in a relationship with him. A snarky comment here or there from Nicole I could understand but it's hard for me to feel sympathy for her when she's not even going to make the slightest effort to try and make this already difficult situation work.

I should add that while I don't agree with her actions I find it to be very in character with the way I see her on the show. So it works for me.

Edited by Jody

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the slap has vented all Nic's anger.. it would be alot easier if they arranged things in advance.. but nothing simple ever happens in Summer Bay - even in Fan Fiction.

I agree with Kirsty's advice - Nicole can't make Geoff choose between her and his child, that would be selfish but I also hope that Melody doesn't start manipulating Geoff's 'selfless' nature like she has done in the past

(selfless is highlighted cause he can be selfish too)

just read all of this at once, and loving it :D

Poro Geoff, my heart really goes out to him because at the start of his entrance to the actual program, he was so 'religious' and strait-laced but now - you write him as he is which is brilliant ... and that's not another normal guy! Absolutely loving your portrayal of him! :)

Good chapter.

The scene between Annie, Jai and Mel was really good. You're writing the friendships between these three really well throughout this fic.

Nicole choosing to wait outside was so much better then her antics in the last chapter. While choosing to avoid dealing with being around Mel, unless she has too, isn't the perfect solution and definitely isn't going to work in the longrun I think it's best thing for now until she can wrap her head around things or enough so that can be around her without lashing out.

I liked Geoff's reaction to going to see the scan. Looks like he's starting to get used to the idea of being a father.

When Nic decided to barge back over there and tell Melody to change her plans it reminded all too much about the way she was in the last chapter. Which feels less like struggling to deal with being the situation she's in but more wanting to date Geoff but not deal with what being with him means. And turning into a spoilt brat throwing tantrums when faced with it. But after her initial bratty comments here I started to really enjoy how this scene was progressing. Because this time there was more emotion behind it. It makes it easier to get into in a scene when it's written in that way, even if the scene involves characters I don't really like. She crossed the line by slapping Mel and I don't agree with what she did at all. But I think it will be interesting to see how this is going affect the way things are going right now.

The scene between Nicole and Kirsty was surpisingly good. Kirsty is definitely more likeable in this fic then on the show. And it looks like it's the harsh reality of this situation they are in is finally hitting home for Nicole.

Edited by Jody