Ruby/Charlie

ctang

I agree with above that this has always been a part of their relationship. But I think the reason it's so annoying is because of the fact that there's so much Angelo being pushed on us at the moment that it's getting sickening.

I mean if Charlie and Ruby were having the conversation at a time when Angelo hadn't been mentioned or seen in a while then it might have been different but the fact of the matter is it was Angelo, Angelo, Angelo, Ruby and Charlie talking about Angelo...so you can see why it's annoying that when fans of Charlie and Ruby finally saw them together, it was centred around Angelo.

I mean it's not like they haven't been through stuff together and/or seperatly that they could have been talking about e.g. Geoff and Ruby breaking up, the after math of the diner fire and it's affect on Ruby, Charlie being abducted by Hugo, their relationship as mother and daughter. I just can't understand why the first conversation we see them having has to revolove around Angelo.

OK, I know people are going to bat me down for being so critical of the chap but and it's quite clear I do not like him, but I have accepted the fact that he is not going anywhere and I'm just going to have to put up with. But that still doesn't change the fact that I believe he is taking up far too much of Charlie's time.

I mean she doesn't seem to do anything now without Angelo being present or mentioned. It's very off putting of the Charlie character. She works with him, she dates him, she's constantly arguing or disagreeing with him, she never talks about anything but him, when she's not talking about him she's crying over him. It's too much!!

It especially takes away from her scenes with Ruby. I mean back when she was with Roman she would consult with Ruby but at the same time she would talk to her about her personal trials and tribulations or just have a generalised girly chat. Now it's all Angelo and nothing else. I mean I know having seen the sneek peek for Mondays episode that Charlie does ask her about school...but we c an be guranteed that Angelo drama will interrupt this.

It's getting to a point with the Charlie character where they either have to find a balance or make changes because it's like they've ruined her.

Edited by lollypop

They have only had one scene together so far this year so I really dont see how you can come to the conclusion that every time they talk now its all about Angelo. Given the fact that Charlie and Ruby werent really on speaking terms for most of Charlie's relationship with Angelo I dont recall any previous scene's when all they've spoken about is Angelo.....so yeah I dont see how you can say all they talk about now is Angelo.

Edited by Danni02

Where has the feisty Charlie who always challenged people like Morag , Roman and Aden & Belle ?

I think her character has changed since she started going out with Joey and Angelo. I want her to kick some ass , I wouldn't dislike her so much if she put a few people in their place every now and then. I think the problem with Charlie now is that shes turned into half of a couple and is now no longer her own person anymore. I've seen it happen time and time again , like with Adelle & JM. They didn't get any storylines of their own they just revolved around couploe storylines breaking up getting back together breaking up etc etc

Where has the feisty Charlie who always challenged people like Morag , Roman and Aden & Belle ?

I think her character has changed since she started going out with Joey and Angelo. I want her to kick some ass , I wouldn't dislike her so much if she put a few people in their place every now and then. I think the problem with Charlie now is that shes turned into half of a couple and is now no longer her own person anymore. I've seen it happen time and time again , like with Adelle & JM. They didn't get any storylines of their own they just revolved around couploe storylines breaking up getting back together breaking up etc etc

I totally agree, I understand they had to tone down her character a little bit over time to make her more likable but seriously one of the most appealing part's of Charlie's character was how passionate she was about things she believed in whether she was right or wrong. It seems that in the past year or so she's become a lot more mopey.

One of her initial confrontations with Morgan where she called her a dried up old spinster I say is still one of my favorite LOL moments of the show.

They have only had one scene together so far this year so I really dont see how you can come to the conclusion that every time they talk now its all about Angelo. Given the fact that Charlie and Ruby werent really on speaking terms for most of Charlie's relationship with Angelo I dont recall any previous scene's when all they've spoken about is Angelo.....so yeah I dont see how you can say all they talk about now is Angelo.
Can we say it now? Because every scene that they had together tonight Angelo was the main topic of conversation, minus that brief interlude where they actually discussed Ruby's first day at school and Xavier. And even when she wasn't with Charlie, Ruby was still talking about Angelo! :rolleyes:

Well as a fan of Charlie and Ruby I am just pleased they are finally getting scene's together. What they happen to be speaking about doesnt really bother me much right now. Its just great to see them interacting again.

I was slightly shocked when Ruby refered to herself as Charlie's daughter though. I didnt expect that.

re Ruby/Charlie

It is hard to say what it is you see going on between them at times. Mutually I don't think it is Mother and Daughter, I see with Charlie it is Mother and Daughter, but with Ruby it is still Sisters, I don't think she has taken the leap, to her she had a Mother, Charlie I don't think is replacing that for her, but more she knows that is who she is to her, but the Sister bond, the Sister closeness is what she knows and is use to being with Charlie.

Charlie on the other hand has always known Ruby was her daughter, but wasn't allowed to acknowledge it, now she can, and I think that is enough for her for now.

So given all that, the show I think is presenting them well with each other, there shown as having bits of all sorts of feelings going on for each other, but that can't really be labeled with one tag, they are instead a mixture of Mother/Daughter/Sisters/Friends, it all just inter-mingles with itself.

i get what you mean as ruby isnt quite sure how to act around charlie in a way as it is a totally new territory, for example, can she talk to her the way she used to about boys or can she give advice to charlie like as she now knows that she is charlies daughter can she do that?? i know it is totally confusing lol:)

but where can you see charlies and rubys characters going now??

what i can see happening is ruby getting pregant? anyone agree as then they can look at teen pregancey and with ruby having diabetes etc how that can tie in but then it can also strengthen their relationship as it happened to charlie you get it? but thats where i can see it heading maybe and you get charlie being a young nan like but what do you guys think?

and about charlie losing her fire in her belly in a way...i think ruby has it especially before the riots lol as she very passionate like but i think charlie has softened as she is acceptng that she must now act as a mother but i agree i think she needs that fire back:) and i think who ever might get her daughter pregant, if they do go down that root, would be a good place to start lol

i get what you mean as ruby isnt quite sure how to act around charlie in a way as it is a totally new territory, for example, can she talk to her the way she used to about boys or can she give advice to charlie like as she now knows that she is charlies daughter can she do that?? i know it is totally confusing lol:)

but where can you see charlies and rubys characters going now??

what i can see happening is ruby getting pregant? anyone agree as then they can look at teen pregancey and with ruby having diabetes etc how that can tie in but then it can also strengthen their relationship as it happened to charlie you get it? but thats where i can see it heading maybe and you get charlie being a young nan like but what do you guys think?

and about charlie losing her fire in her belly in a way...i think ruby has it especially before the riots lol as she very passionate like but i think charlie has softened as she is acceptng that she must now act as a mother but i agree i think she needs that fire back:) and i think who ever might get her daughter pregant, if they do go down that root, would be a good place to start lol

Hmm, I see what you mean.

But considering that they already made Charlie a young mum, I can't seem them taking the risk and doing it to Ruby as well. Plus, as immature and childish as Ruby can be sometimes, she does semm to have been brought up with a strong head on her shoulders and for that reason I don't think Ruby herself would allow herself to go down that path.

Personally, I can see their relationship being tested, not like last year where it was being tested by how Ruby would react, but now as their relationship has begun to find solid ground I think Charlie's role as a mother will be put through the ringer. For example, if Ruby were to be abducted or something we could see the how conflicted she is over her duty as a cop but more importantly her duty as a mother and how it would affect her personally.

I would like to see something like this because we haven't really seen any indication of the affect this new relationship dynamic has taken.

Until then, I'd say that their relationship now is still the same as it was when they were sisters, only now they are referring to themselves as mother and daughter, however I have yet to see Ruby acknowledge this to Charlie directly.

i LOVE the kidnapping idea:):) just to see charlie distraught and panicing about her child would be great viewing as ruby/charlie fan :) and i think it would take something like this for ruby to finally acknowledge the truth because i think she has a little bit but not fully accpeted it!!

and chalie said in epi 5929 that she wants to become a dective or take the test as she said and i would like to see the effect tht would have on her character as wouldnt she have to be away ??

but i would like ruby to move back in with Charlie as she has been away long enough lol