Ruby/Charlie

ctang

I do find it odd that a lot of people on here seem to be blaming Charlie for everything when Ruby's the one being a brat.No social worker is going to haul Charlie over the coals for not locking Ruby in her room to stop her moving out or dragging her home by the hair or going round there every day to ask her to come back.Ruby might not be an adult but she's old enough to have a legal say in where she lives.It's not like she's living on the streets, she's in a good home with a responsible adult and Charlie even moved in to keep an eye on her while Irene was away.Sadly I can't see her instantly moving out when

Geoff leaves

, her reasons for not wanting to live with Charlie didn't really have anything to do with wanting to get in her housemate's pants.

I also feel that people seem to be blaming Charlie for the writers' decisions.How is it her fault she was on holiday when Ruby sparked off a race riot and nearly got herself killed?Is she meant to be psychic now?Similarly, how is it her fault if when she goes to check on her afterwards, the writers don't think it's important enough to show it?On the other hand, Charlie was kidnapped at the start of the year and I didn't see Ruby rushing to the police station to see if she was all right or indeed ever mentioning it.So much for needing her mother, she probably wouldn't have noticed if she'd ended up at the bottom of the ocean.

Actually, you know who they remind me of?Beth and Kit.When they first appeared and Kit had an alcohol problem, she went to live with Irene while Beth moved in with Rhys and for the next few months they had hardly any scenes together.

There is a Charlie/Ruby scene next week where they discuss the Angelo situation over dinner - think it's Monday or Tuesday from memory.
Of course they'll be discussing Angelo, Charlie's entire life seems to revolve around him now :rolleyes:

Red Ranger 1 I think people are blaming Charlie because last year she was so desperate to repair her relationship with Ruby but ever since the show returned she's acted like she couldn't care less about her.

The writers are so obsessed with shoving Changelo down our throats to the detriment of Charlie and Ruby's relationship, which is a shame because her relationship with Ruby was one of the few redeeming qualities that Charlie had.

Charlie and Ruby were both in the same room at (I believe) the same time tonight and they didn't even acknowledge each other. Ridiculous. So much for Ruby being the most important person in Charlie's life :rolleyes:

Red Ranger 1 I think people are blaming Charlie because last year she was so desperate to repair her relationship with Ruby but ever since the show returned she's acted like she couldn't care less about her.

Charlie and Ruby were both in the same room at (I believe) the same time tonight and they didn't even acknowledge each other. Ridiculous. So much for Ruby being the most important person in Charlie's life :rolleyes:

I take your point but there's only so many times you can bang your head against a brick wall.I think Ruby knows that Charlie's there for her when she needs her, the ball's pretty much in her court.But I agree the writers do need to let us see this relationship rather than just having us assume that it's still there, otherwise it does look as though they don't care about each other.

.It's not like she's living on the streets, she's in a good home with a responsible adult and Charlie even moved in to keep an eye on her while Irene was away.

when was this? I missed it

It was in episode 4980 but they didn't do much with it, I think we saw them together once while Charlie was staying there and then only briefly, which kind of brings us back to the point above.Ruby did say that Charlie being there wasn't as bad as she thought it would be though.

I take your point but there's only so many times you can bang your head against a brick wall.I think Ruby knows that Charlie's there for her when she needs her, the ball's pretty much in her court.But I agree the writers do need to let us see this relationship rather than just having us assume that it's still there, otherwise it does look as though they don't care about each other.

This is really the bottom line. It is ridiculous to blame a character for what is obviously a flaw in the writing. Charlie and Ruby are only as good as the writing makes them out to be and right now there seems to be a major gap from a writing perspective as far as their relationship goes.

I fear it might be this whole "Bay Of Love" campaign coming to the forefront though where they are going to have most of the storylines revolve around couplings and less around family relationships that sort of thing.

From what I've read it seems over the next two weeks we are really going to be force-fed a steady diet of Charlie and Angelo

. I don't have a problem with that but at times it does seem like they could be doing so much more with Esther's character than what is happening onscreen right now.