Ruby/Charlie

ctang

I really just don't get the hype of Charlie & Ruby at all!!!

Me too. The whole mother-daughter/Grant story-line, imo, has turned Ruby into a deeply unlikeable character and I've never really warmed to Charlie.

I wouldn't mind but the storyline was just not worth it !! They have ruined her character for a couple of weeks of sensationalism imo

I really just don't get the hype of Charlie & Ruby at all!!!

Me too. The whole mother-daughter/Grant story-line, imo, has turned Ruby into a deeply unlikeable character and I've never really warmed to Charlie.

I wouldn't mind but the storyline was just not worth it !! They have ruined her character for a couple of weeks of sensationalism imo

I'm starting to think that too. I loved the Charlie/Ruby storyline from last year but it seems like they rushed it and now they have no idea where they want to go with it. So it seems that instead of having them interact on a more consistent basis like they did in 2009, they are spinning both characters off into their separate storylines where they won't have to interact as much.

That is the vibe I'm getting anyhow from the first two weeks of programming. If Ruby doesn't move back in with Charlie

after Geoff leaves

I'm going to scream.

There is no reason for Ruby to stay with Irene if Geoff isn't around anymore.

She isn't a foster child. Charlie is her guardian.

Edited by jldraw

and charlie is her mother like so she really dosnt need to live with her and from what we know she is not paying rent or anything!! this is very annoying i am hoping they get some scenes over the next few weeks or i will scream!!!

When Ruby moved back in to Irene's she said she wsa going to get a job so she could pay rent, so I think she might be paying rent. :)

But anyways, I agree, its about time we had a Charlie/Ruby scene. Especially after what they've both been through the past few weeks, I would have though we would have had something by now. :(

That is the vibe I'm getting anyhow from the first two weeks of programming. If Ruby doesn't move back in with Charlie

after Geoff leaves

I'm going to scream.

There is no reason for Ruby to stay with Irene if Geoff isn't around anymore.

She isn't a foster child. Charlie is her guardian.

I totally agree with you on that one. It seems that they have toned down the whole Charlie/Ruby thing, especially with only a brief mention from Charlie about her 16 year old daughter being trapped inside a burning building surrounded by rioters. If we don't see some interaction between them, and Ruby (who after all only is 16) moving back in with Charlie

when Geoff dumps her and leaves

, I think we can conclude that there probably won't be any "real" mother/daughter relationship between them.

I agree. It's been nearly two whole weeks and it seems like both Charlie and Ruby have interacted with everyone in Summer Bay except each other!! I mean seriously, the writers went to all the effort of writing the Charlie/Ruby, mother/daughter storyline, yet since Home and Away has come back it feels like they are complete strangers.

When the fire broke out I thought Charlie would have been on duty at the scene worrying about her daughter. Nope. She was off at a spa resort with Angelo sipping on cocktails. I thought when she read about the riot she would have called Ruby up to ask if everything was ok. Nope. She just went straight back to Leah's with Angelo. I thought she would have went to see her daughter the next day to talk to her face to face. Nope. Instead all we got was a brief mention of Ruby telling Charlie off screen about Geoff getting injured and then she went straight back to arguing with Angelo.

With the whole moving in drama going on it's unlikely we'll see them together in tomorrows episode either. It's ridiculous. I thought Charlie would want to spend more time with Ruby since they got back on good terms and I thought we get to see them bond as mother and daughter. But so far, it's felt more like Irene is Ruby's mother. She's the one always giving her advice, she's staying at her house, if you were new to the show and didn't know the characters you'd nearly assume that Irene was her mother.

There's too much focus on Charlie being with Angelo. I mean fair enough they want to show them in a more couple like relationship instead of just working. But it seems like Charlie's focus has gone completelt away from Ruby. It's stupid. Ruby's her daughter. There should be more to their relationship than the odd conversation. How would it look if a social worker showed up to find that Charlie's 16 year old daughter was living in a diffierent home with someone who is not a family member, while Charlie gladly prances around Summer Bay with Angelo whenever she wants. It's not the signs of a good parent/guardian from an outsiders point of view.

The writers need to remember that even though Ruby is very independent and fairly mature, although not always depending on her mood, she is only 16. She needs a strong parental figure in her life and with the way they are running Charlie and Rubys lives at the moment, keeping them apart, it feels like she doesn't have that. They need to get back to the Charlie and Ruby of old, while maintaining the new mother daughter dynamic. Charlie's missed out on being a mother to Ruby for 16 years. Now she has the opportunity to be there for her in that way in milestone moments in Ruby's life. She can ditch Angelo for a while. We all know that he'll still pine after her like a desperate love sick puppy, so she can afford to spend time with Ruby.

I agree. It's been nearly two whole weeks and it seems like both Charlie and Ruby have interacted with everyone in Summer Bay except each other!! I mean seriously, the writers went to all the effort of writing the Charlie/Ruby, mother/daughter storyline, yet since Home and Away has come back it feels like they are complete strangers.

When the fire broke out I thought Charlie would have been on duty at the scene worrying about her daughter. Nope. She was off at a spa resort with Angelo sipping on cocktails. I thought when she read about the riot she would have called Ruby up to ask if everything was ok. Nope. She just went straight back to Leah's with Angelo. I thought she would have went to see her daughter the next day to talk to her face to face. Nope. Instead all we got was a brief mention of Ruby telling Charlie off screen about Geoff getting injured and then she went straight back to arguing with Angelo.

With the whole moving in drama going on it's unlikely we'll see them together in tomorrows episode either. It's ridiculous. I thought Charlie would want to spend more time with Ruby since they got back on good terms and I thought we get to see them bond as mother and daughter. But so far, it's felt more like Irene is Ruby's mother. She's the one always giving her advice, she's staying at her house, if you were new to the show and didn't know the characters you'd nearly assume that Irene was her mother.

There's too much focus on Charlie being with Angelo. I mean fair enough they want to show them in a more couple like relationship instead of just working. But it seems like Charlie's focus has gone completelt away from Ruby. It's stupid. Ruby's her daughter. There should be more to their relationship than the odd conversation. How would it look if a social worker showed up to find that Charlie's 16 year old daughter was living in a diffierent home with someone who is not a family member, while Charlie gladly prances around Summer Bay with Angelo whenever she wants. It's not the signs of a good parent/guardian from an outsiders point of view.

The writers need to remember that even though Ruby is very independent and fairly mature, although not always depending on her mood, she is only 16. She needs a strong parental figure in her life and with the way they are running Charlie and Rubys lives at the moment, keeping them apart, it feels like she doesn't have that. They need to get back to the Charlie and Ruby of old, while maintaining the new mother daughter dynamic. Charlie's missed out on being a mother to Ruby for 16 years. Now she has the opportunity to be there for her in that way in milestone moments in Ruby's life. She can ditch Angelo for a while. We all know that he'll still pine after her like a desperate love sick puppy, so she can afford to spend time with Ruby.

I couldn't agree more. What are the writers thinking?!

I agree with what you said, lollypop. It made me so sad and angry we never get to see them together again since the last time we saw them dancing together in Episode 4994. :(

Seriously are the writers going to think about keeping them apart forever and not have them bonding as mother/daughter?! <_<

(The finale week of the season 2009 will air here in NZ next week)

WE NEED MORE CHARLIE/RUBY SCENES!!! Don't keep them apart for a long time!! Come on, writers!! We just need some more Charlie/Ruby scenes please!! *pleads*

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~