Ruby/Charlie

ctang

e.

Saying that, I am disapointed that its going to ruin their relationship, as I love how close these two were. But that interview gives me some hope for their relationship. :) I know itll never be the same again, but Im sure they can get it pretty close.

I wonder if Ruby will ever call Charlie 'mum'.

Agreed. I love the storyline but i hate what it is doing to both Ruby and Charlie :( It seems from the interview that they will have some sort of relationship in the future but its going to be a bumpy road for both of them to got to that point. Looking forward to it.

Just out of curiosity AmerieM is your Charlie/Angelo avatar from the same episode as mine because it looks slightly different thats why i'm not sure.

Edited by cocoblush

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this storyline. Last nights episode seemed to me like Charlie and Ruby we're really making progress in their relationship. Ruby seemed really touched that Charlie had come to rescue her and it seemed like she understood the position Charlie was in. If only Grant hadn't of shown up maybe they could have talked some more.

Was it my lousy hearing or did Ruby call Charlie 'mummy' only when Charlie pulled up it really sounded like Ruby said "Mummy I've done something terrible." Of course she could be saying Charlie it's hard to tell 'cos she's crying.

I'm really enjoying this storyline. Last nights episode seemed to me like Charlie and Ruby we're really making progress in their relationship. Ruby seemed really touched that Charlie had come to rescue her and it seemed like she understood the position Charlie was in. If only Grant hadn't of shown up maybe they could have talked some more.

Me too. For me, this is by far the most exciting/interesting storyline of the year.

When Ruby let Charlie hug her I was like Aww! :) Beacuse I remember when Ross was saying goodbye to them, Ruby was upset but wouldnt let Charlie hug her. And she seemed really pleased that Charlie had come to get her when she ran off to Grants. I was glad Ruby was going to start to talk things over with Charlie and then they would be able to make progress. But then stuipd Grant had to follow them home and ruin things! :angry:

I cant believe that Ruby is going to doubt Charlie about what happened and believe Grant.

I know she has just had a huge shock and all but c'mon, Charlie wouldnt lie about something like that! Im just not getting Ruby's actions at the moment.

Edited by Danni02

I know she has just had a huge shock and all but c'mon, Charlie wouldnt lie about something like that! Im just not getting Ruby's actions at the moment.

For me that is one of the really interesting things about this storyline because I can understand where they are both coming from. I feel sorry for Charlie and I feel sorry for Ruby and you get why both of them are acting/have acted the way they do.

Ruby has just had everything ripped out from under her, her mother and father aren't who she thought they were, her sister is now someone she can't trust and her father is a rapist, she's bound to be confused and Grant is offering her an explanation that doesn't mean she's the product of something terrible that happened to Charlie, I think she believes it because she wants it to be true, she doesn't want to believe that she was concieved when Charlie was raped.

Charlie on the other hand has had keep everything to herself for 16 years, she has had to deny that she was Ruby's mother but has also had to live with the fact that she rapist is out there living his life while she's been living with the scars of his actions. This backstory explained a lot about Charlie and her previos actions. And now everyone knows she's being forced to confront it. She's not thinking like a cop at the moment, she's thinking like a terrified 14 year old whon was made to feel ashamed and denied any type of justice.

Obviously, I do feel sorry for Ruby but when she was told [albeit accidently] about the rape I would never ever have though she would want to bring that man into her life. Okay, so maybe she was just looking for answers, wanting to see him punished whatever, but I just dont get why she would do that to Charlie. I know she lied to her for 16 years, but it seemed to me that Ross and his wife where the ones who made the final decision to pass Ruby off as their daughter, so Charlie isnt the only one to blame in all of this. Ruby must feel some kind of compasion/empathy for what happened to Charlie and what she went through to think twice about bringing that man back into her life.

Edited by Danni02

I think she does, you could see that in yesterday's episode when she apologised for putting Charlie in a position where she might have to confornt Grant again. And also when she was at her Auntie Michelle's house and she saw that photo album and heard how broken Charlie was by everything. But I also think she just desperately wants answers, she wants to make Grant pay but then she meets him and he comes across as a decent guy and she doesn't want to believe he could be capable of rape, that she's the product of rape.

I really don't think she is intentionally setting out to hurt Charlie, she's a headstrong 16 year old who needs answers.

I think she does, you could see that in yesterday's episode when she apologised for putting Charlie in a position where she might have to confornt Grant again. And also when she was at her Auntie Michelle's house and she saw that photo album and heard how broken Charlie was by everything. But I also think she just desperately wants answers, she wants to make Grant pay but then she meets him and he comes across as a decent guy and she doesn't want to believe he could be capable of rape, that she's the product of rape.

I really don't think she is intentionally setting out to hurt Charlie, she's a headstrong 16 year old who needs answers.

Well yes yesterday after she contacted Grant and almost put Charlie into the position of seeing him. Didnt she think about that before she decided to contact him.

Yes, I agree with you about her feeling something for Charlie when she saw what she had done to the photo albums.

I guess Ruby is just mixed up and confussed but even though she wants to believe she wasn't a product of rape and that Grant seems like a decent enough guy, he is obviously going deny that he raped Charlie. And I still dont understand why she would even think Charlie would lie about being raped.

I dont at all think she wants to hurt Charlie, I just think she hasnt put enough thought into what she is doing, will do to Charlie.

But anyways - I am glad that they brought Grant into the story because its going to be some grreat viewing!

Edited by Danni02

I agree with what everyone has said. I only just started watching Home and Away and straight away I was drawn to Charlie and Ruby. They seem so close. I watched a few episodes and loved their relationship. Then I watched the episode where Charlie tells Ruby that she is her biological mother. I was totally baffled and amazed at the same time. So unexpected, great writing. I don't know how realistic it would be in real life but I love it.

Lydia x

• 2 weeks later...