Ruby/Charlie

ctang

I do think it's realistic that Ruby wouldn't have that sort of relationship with Charlie yet though. She might have found out that she's her mother but that doesn't mean that maternal relationship will instantly be there, it could take years to develop especially after Ruby's feelings of betrayal....Plus in all honesty I don't think I'd be asking Charlie for relationship advice if I was Ruby either :P They haven't spent much time showing Charlie's maternal side at all and it does make her come across as a Mum who doesn't really care that much. She's so wrapped up in Angelo that she doesn't notice half of what's going on in her daughter's life.

• Like 1

I'd like the writers to show Charlie's maternal side a bit more. Charlie and Ruby still act more like sisters than mother and daughter, which in a way, is kind of normal as they've been acting like sisters ever since Ruby was born. The other day, after Charlie slept with Angelo, she called Ruby to talk about it. I don't think a mother would go to her teenage daughter to talk about her love and sex lives. Wouldn't it be something you'd talk about to your sister or a friend? I don't think many teenage girls would want to know that kind of stuff about their mum.

Even Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls who were really close didn't share that much about their love and sex lives, they usually talked about it with their best friends.

I can understand why people are disappointed at the lack of progress, it does feel like their relationship has been on the back burner since their brief moment of reconciliation during the finale week.It does make sense though that they wouldn't suddenly jump into a mother/daughter relationship and would continue behaving like sisters with an underlying awareness of what they really are.I do agree that they should have Charlie and Ruby living together again but at the moment Charlie doesn't really have anywhere for Ruby to move to, she's renting a room at Leah's place and they've probably given Ruby's old room to VJ(who had to share with Leah when Ruby was living there).Ironically, I think the best hope is if Charlie and Angelo get their own place so Ruby can live with them.Either that or Charlie moves in with Irene.

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand why people are disappointed at the lack of progress, it does feel like their relationship has been on the back burner since their brief moment of reconciliation during the finale week.It does make sense though that they wouldn't suddenly jump into a mother/daughter relationship and would continue behaving like sisters with an underlying awareness of what they really are.I do agree that they should have Charlie and Ruby living together again but at the moment Charlie doesn't really have anywhere for Ruby to move to, she's renting a room at Leah's place and they've probably given Ruby's old room to VJ(who had to share with Leah when Ruby was living there).Ironically, I think the best hope is if Charlie and Angelo get their own place so Ruby can live with them.Either that or Charlie moves in with Irene.

I don't think VJ was sharing with Leah?? I thought he had his own room.

Anyways why would Charlie have to move in with Angelo. She could just as easily find a place of her own for her and Ruby. That would just be an excuse for Charlie to suddenly get over her issues and move in with him. I mean if Angelo could afford to rent his own place on a Constables salary surely Charlie could afford to rent her own place?? Maybe her and Ruby could rent Roman's old place off Nicole. Or has she sold it??

I can understand the writers reluctance to jump into a mother/daughter relationship between the two. I mean they've been sisters for 16 years. It would never be a traditional mother/daughter relationship anyways. But that doesn't mean they should keep them apart like they have been doing. There are literally weeks between Charlie and Ruby scenes and then when we do see them together it's usually one scene that lasts two or three minutes.

They"re practically strangers now. I mean we see them ineteract with other characters but not each other. Considering they are each others only family in the Bay, you'd think they would see more of each other?? And I don't want to continuously sound like a "Changelo" basher, but the truth is, is that almost every scene Charlie's in now, is with Angelo!! I mean we rarely see them apart and it's tiring to watch. It's very hard to encourage mother/daughter bonding when the mother is too wrapped up in her latest squeeze to fit anyone else into her time frame.

I am actually starting to wonder if Ruby has to have a near death experience to get Charlie's attention?? I mean would another diabetic coma do it?? Or would Ruby's scenes have to include Angelo for Charlie to make an appearance?? If we don't start seeing proper attemps from Charlie at being maternal, or Ruby needing Charlie in a maternal way, people will start to forget that they are remotely related. Angelo is like Charlie's lap dog. He's not going anywhere so she can afford to push aside for a while so she can sort out her family life. But she needs to start soon or by the time they get round to it there will be no point.

I didn't think about Charlie and Ruby getting a place of their own together, that would be quite a nice development.Sorry to say this though but it is looking as though if Ruby needs someone maternal she goes to Irene.(And I can't see her moving out while it's just her and Irene living there.)It is a shame that the producers aren't devoting more time to their relationship, ironically Angelo's had a scene with Ruby more recently than Charlie has(albeit not much of one).

I was disappointed about the lack of Charlie and Ruby scenes. I am not happy about the way that the writers are pushing Charlie forwards Angelo and making her forget she had a daughter living somewhere in Summer Bay! <_<

Come on, writers! Drop the Changelo stuff now because we need more Charlie/Ruby scenes!

I got a brief Charlie/Ruby scene in Episode 5083 next week on Wednesday 23rd June. All they always talk about Changelo and Changelo, blah. blah, blah all the time! :rolleyes: