Dexter Walker - Tom Green & Charles Cottier

Jen

I think I said this about Annie too when people were saying she was annoying. Dexter is a 15 (?) year old teenage boy. He is going to be annoying. It's a given. While his obsession with Marilyn is a little ... off, I definitely think that it's at least a bit different than what we normally see when a new boy arrives in town. I'm trying to be a good Dexter fan, because I think the actor playing him is pretty endearing and I like his whole attitude, so I'm hoping that if this crush thing is leading somewhere then it is somewhere good. I think once the writer's figure out Dexter's place in the show things should get a bit better. Like others have said, give him a friend. let them get up to boy shenangians or something, just make it happen.

• 1 month later...

Easily the best character on the show ATM. Everyone else is boring, least I get a laugh out of him.

I agree. Not that the other characters are boring, just that he is the best character. Not to mention that the actor is totally hot :wub:

Charles Cottier is a wonderful actor and I love Dexter, he is so funny and brings so much humor to the bay. :cool:

I like the way Charles Cottier portrays him better then the way Tom Green played him

After last night I have renewed faith Dex, and the writing of Dex. I think the writer's are slowly figuring out how he fits into the 'teen' group currently on the show. Giving him that storyline with Marilyn was stupic, because while yes, he is not like other teens, he isn't an adult and giving him adult-centric storylines would not work. What makes Dex unique is in how he interacts with kids his own age, including his own sister. So I adored the Indi/Dex interaction in last night's episode.

Dex/Goldfish maybe one of my new ships. He is the only teenager I know who would talk about "pimping" a fish tank. Also, I adore that he talks to it like it's a) a person, and b) will actually respond. Having said that I do like Dex and Adrian together. She seems a bit older than him (but not, like Marilyn older) but is also pretty unique and witty, which I think Dex needs to keep him entertained. I hope that this line of story continues - more interaction with Indi/Romeo, because that dynamic works. Don't screw it up, writers.

Argh, either I should get to sleep now or this forum is a bit buggy tonight, probably the former. Can't be bothered reposting all I said but...

1. Too late now but I wish it had been revealed whether Mitzy really did have a thing for teenage boys. Even though it was just before she has a seizure, she did intend to kiss Dex again.

2. My guess is Dex is 16 but 15 when he was with Annie. But most likely H&A will keep him in school for the next 4 years anyway, just to drag out his teenagehood.

Edited by CougarCat

Argh, either I should get to sleep now or this forum is a bit buggy tonight, probably the former. Can't be bothered reposting all I said but...

1. Too late now but I wish it had been revealed whether Mitzy really did have a thing for teenage boys. Even though it was just before she has a seizure, she did intend to kiss Dex again.

2. My guess is Dex is 16 but 15 when he was with Annie. But most likely H&A will keep him in school for the next 4 years anyway, just to drag out his teenagehood.

he is year 11, so 16-17.