Indigo Walker - Samara Weaving

Jen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I had a hard time getting a handle on Indigo when she first came in, it felt like she had a different personality each episode.One minute she was a posh city girl who hated being in the Bay, the next she was a capable and independent girl who could handle herself around boys and didn't take any nonsense from Nicole, the next she was Nicole's caring new best friend who looked after her when she got drunk and wrote herself off.

She had a lot of potential which went unrealised.All the rumours about storylines for her turned out to be wrong:She was meant to try it on with Jai...and didn't.She was meant to try it on with Geoff...and didn't.She was meant to try it on with Aden...and didn't.(Bit of a theme...)Instead, she hung around with Nicole for a few weeks, fell through a table and then left, which seemed a huge waste of a character who made such a strong entrance.I'd like for them to bring her and Sid back because their relationship could do with a lot more exploration.I don't think her relationship with Nicole is unsalvageable either:Although she certainly hated with her left, in Home and Away world they could be back to being friends in a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

Is she ever coming back? I thought it was very bizarre that Home and Away made such a fuss about this new family and they're gone within weeks!

As someone else pointed out, sometimes characters are brought in just to advance storylines. That is their only purpose in the show to drive that particular storyline and then they are sent on their way. But if you want my opinion they need to bring Samara Weaving (Indigo) back, she was actually starting to catch on with a lot of fans in a way that quite frankly can't be said for a few members of the show's current young cast.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...