Jodi's annus horribilis July 25

Guest superman's girlfriend

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jodi's annus horribilis

Um... what exactly does that phrase mean? I'd look it up online, but... quite frankly I'm terrified of the potential results :huh:

I thought it was something dirty but thats just me :lol:

It's a reference to what the Queen described 1992 as, given the amount of things that went wrong in the Royal household - 3 separations, the fire at Windsor Castle etc.

And the year the Duchess of York showed her the first Budgie cartoon.

Haha, Budgie, that was naff.

As for Martha, she really did my head in for many a month right from the start of her 'wild' period up until about when she got cancer. Since then she's mellowed a bit and I really quite like her. She and Hugo will be good together. As for Jodi, I don't live down under so I have no idea what she's like but she seemed nice enough when I met her.

Jodi's annus horribilis

Um... what exactly does that phrase mean? I'd look it up online, but... quite frankly I'm terrified of the potential results :huh:

I thought it was something dirty but thats just me :lol:

Thats exactly what I thought as well :lol:

I wish Jodi look anyway , who are we to judge her as if we're all whiter than white.

^^^^ Hah! Much as her majesty might like to take credit, I don't think she can be considered the "owner" of this common latin phrase which has been in use a LOT longer than the British Royal Family have been around.

She is often quoted as having said it though, as Dan mentioned, which has probably brought it more into every day usage. I would like to give the journalist the benefit of the doubt that they are not using it as a reference to the queen.

I have nothing against the british monarchy BTW! :P

Archived