Rape revelation (Kyle and Jackie O radio stunt)

Guest adellejefferiesxox

I don't blame them completely but i do think they should take some of the resonsibility.No way should they be putting a 14 yr old on a lie detecter.I agree that he was genuinely shocked but i don't understand how it made it to air,there is usually a time delay of a few minutes.

I usually love Kyle so i hope they review the rules and he comes back.Not got much to say about Jackie,my opinion of her isn't high.Why the hell is Kyle getting all the blame?She was there to.

It's kinda hypocritical to axe him from Idol,Dicko's said some shocking things.I wonder if Mark will come back or if there will just be two judges.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe he has been axed by Idol. "Because it is a family friendly show". Then why the **** is Dicko still there??????????? He has said pretty much the same amount of bad things that Kyle has said. I'm so ****ing pissed off. Why the hell isn't the mother taking the blame for this? I don't understand. She knew about it, yet she still asked the ****ing question. I love Kyle & Jackie. And I want them back... NOW. **** the ****ing media. and stupid channel 10. and austero. They are going to lose listeners over this. Everyone's complaining but don't think anyone is hearing us. How can we make them hear us? All they are hearing is the bad negative stuff, they don't get that kyle & jackie actually have fans who are ****ing pissed off about this. IMO that mother should not have had a kid if she can't look after it properly.

(sorry for language, i'm just too mad)

I usually love Kyle so i hope they review the rules and he comes back.Not got much to say about Jackie,my opinion of her isn't high.Why the hell is Kyle getting all the blame?She was there to.

Because a young girl has been raped, and apparently the person who actually did it is beyond the media's reach, so they're going after the closest male available and acting like it's his fault that it happened. Jackie O isn't copping anything because she's a woman, and there's no point vilifying a woman on a sexual matter - nobody wants to know about it.

I'm curious to know what the point is of removing Kyle from Idol. Surely they have hours of audition footage where he is on the judging panel. Are they just going to crop him out of the frame or what? Or are they going to skip all of that and go straight into the live shows - that would be a silver lining!

I really do wonder if the reaction would be just as bad if Jackie O had asked the same question about the other sexual experience. There is a major double standard when it comes to gender. But I guess we won't know considering she doesn't do anything else apart from the show (that I know of) to be sacked from.

I've never listened to Kyle and Jackie, and I haven't paid attention to Idol since 2005. But this news is making me as pissed off as everyone else here. The mother knew about the rape, volunteered her for the segment and was the one asking the questions. That is infinitely more irresponsible and disturbing than anything Kyle did in the few seconds he had to respond.

Wait, did Kyle say "Is that the only experience you have had" or "Is that the only sexual experience you have had"? There's a huge difference, and there are a lot of conflicting reports. One source says "sexual", the other doesn't.

I'd be a bit more concerned about the mother who knew about the rape rather than the radio host who had a pretty normal reaction considering the position he was put in. I don't think it was the right thing to ask, but I've heard worse.

I'm not going to rant about this because my opinions on these things are quite strong. I just really hate it when the finger is pointed towards the man when the crime is of a sexual nature. In this case, Kyle is getting flamed for doing nothing wrong. It's one thing I hate about modern society. "Innocent until proven guilty", but it's now "Guilty until proven innocent" if it is a man.

I think he did say sexual, but i think the original question was "Have you ever had a sexual experience?" From what I understand, the segment was about how kids are having sex and taking drugs and all that fun stuff at a much younger age, and the lie-detector was supposed to prove to the parents that it's really going on. (I know of 13 year olds who smoke pot on a regular basis, for instance). But the point of the question was obviously to ascertain whether she had had these experience by choice, and clearly no-one on the show considered that she may have been raped, and the mother hadn't told them this fact before she chose to publicly humiliate her own daughter. The interview as I heard it went (approximately) like this:

Kyle: "Have you ever had a sexual experience?"

Girl: "... I was raped when I was twelve."

Kyle: "... Right... Is that the only sexual experience you've had?"

Jackie O (I think): "Did you know about this?"

Mother: "Well... yeah... I found out a couple of months ago..."

Girl: "And yet you still asked me the question."

So for my mind, it's pretty clear who the girl blames, and it's not Kyle or Jackie O.

No. It went like this (im sure)

Mother - "Have you had sex?"

Girl - "I've alreayd told you about this story, Don't look at me and smile because its not funny, Oh okay, I got raped when I was 12 years old"

Few seconds of silents.

Kyle (While signiling to producers to stop interview, NOTE he was in NZ at this time) - "Right and is that the only experience you've had?"

Mother- "I only found out about this a couple of months ago. Yes I knew about it"

Girl - "And yet you still asked the questions"

Mother - "The question was have you had sex other then that"

Jackie - "I'm sorry I think we should stop this now. We didn't actually know about and I think we should abort this segmant. I had no idea that you've been through that and I'm really sorry and we'll just let you off the hook I think. I think its best not to continue. Are you alright? Its okay you just take a breather its fine"

FULL AUDIO HERE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNBrb9nMPkU

Archived