Rape revelation (Kyle and Jackie O radio stunt)

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And apparently they've been suspended.

Austereo statement:

“Kyle Sandilands’ management has advised Austereo that he is unable to perform his duties on-air at this time. Further, following a great deal of consideration and having consulted Jackie O and all stakeholders, Austereo has formed the view that it is in the interest of all parties, for the Kyle & Jackie O Show to go into recess until we have completed an across-the-networks review of the principals and protocols of our interaction with our audience. This review commenced last Wednesday 29 July 2009.”

They have cancelled the show for now :( :( :(

Isn't that a great message to be sending to young rape victims everywhere? If you are brave enough to tell people what happened to you, those people will be unfairly punished and have their jobs taken away and their lives ruined all because of YOU, so you'd better keep your mouth SHUT! :rolleyes:

I know that's not the reason they've been taken off air, but if I was that girl, or if I was a victim considering coming forward, the hysterical reactions to this incident would surely make me want to keep it to myself in case anyone I cared about got into trouble.

I think it's sick and stupid that innocent people are made to suffer because of something that wasn't their doing and wasn't their fault. It's not like Kyle raped the girl and then called her up to have a chat about it on air. But unfortunately, that's how he's being treated, and I think it's disgusting.

I also think that people should stop caving in to every demand of cancellation that crosses the fickle mind of morons with nothing better to do. If you don't like a show, don't watch it or don't listen to it. Lead by example and hope that others follow, the ratings drop, and the show is canceled fairly. Imagine if you were allowed to protest against every person you had a problem with to get them thrown out of their jobs? Would anyone have a job left? Would anyone have time to go to a job with all the precious protest rallies to go to, and outraged letters to be written :rolleyes:? But who will be left to read the letters? Surely, if YOUR letter isn't acknowledged, you have every right to get the editor of that particular newspaper, magazine, or news program fired! It's your God-given right!

Now he's been sacked from Idol - ARGH! Doesn't ANYONE in this country have a SHRED of COMMON-SENSE!? :angry:

How can "his comments" be "against the family friendly image of the show," when ALL of the judges thrive on making cruel and inappropriate comments to get ratings every week?? And at least those comments ARE his, and not the random assumption of - what? That he knowingly badgered some girl for the gory details of her trauma? No! He DID NOT do anything of the sort! He made a bad call out of shock, which anyone who bothered to LISTEN to the tape could clearly hear in his voice - the stunned hesitation, the quiet and unsure way he proceeded, not knowing if he should try and gloss over the girl's comment, or if he should react, or what the hell he was supposed to do - would YOU have known how to handle that situation? I wouldn't! He's not a bloody rape counselor, he is - or was - a radio host, and has probably been trained to just keep the ball rolling after an awkward moment like that.

I probably sound like the president of the Kyle Sandilands fan-club - I'm not, I just hate to see innocent people have their lives destroyed over something that is NOT their fault, and which is nothing more than a pathetic media circus perpetuated by half-wits and vultures :angry: (No offense to the respectable birds intended).

I expect it has a lot to do with advertising and sponsors pulling out Emmasi. I can totally see your point. I thought the whole segment was in bad taste though. Regardless of whether the rape revelation occurred or not, it's a bit off to be forcing a 14 year old girl on a lie detector and asking about her sexual history. But that doesn't mean that Kyle is the only one to blame. Jackie O would have gone along with it, and the network would have approved the segment. Kyle reacted badly and is the scape goat in all of this.

^Yep, I agree with that too. The segment was definitely a bad idea, but no-one could have predicted this would happen, except for the girl's mother, who seems to have gotten off scotfree <_< Why? Because she's not a celebrity :rolleyes:

Archived