Lost Without You

Guest Jackieleanne

Thanks for the feedback.

Chapter 6

Ric’s P.O.V

“Belle please I’m sorry” I say into the phone as I make my way up the path towards the house sighing as I hear the dial phone as she hangs up on me, I gasp as I step inside the house and see the place trashed, “What’s happened?” I ask finding my voice as I look at Sally, Granddad and Auntie Morag,

“Someone’s broke in were waiting for the police now” Sally says as she looks at me I can tell she’s fighting hard to hold back the tears.

“Hey what’s happened?” Peter asks as he walks in the door with Jack both of them looking completely stressed out,

“we got home and found it unlocked and like this its just such a mess I can’t believe that this has happened” Sally tells them her voice quivering as I look on with Granddad and Aunt Morag I can’t believe it either summer bay isn’t usually a place for burglaries despite the psycho’s that we usually attract every now and then.

Matilda’s P.O.V

“Oh Cas what happened?” I ask her softly as I hold onto her looking out at the ocean trying to think of what to do,

“Ric found drugs in his jacket lastnight I didn’t believe him Mattie but then I looked through it myself and he caught me I confronted him Mattie and he hit me he tried to blame it on me” she says through her sobs,

“Cassie this is not your fault” I say soothingly as I stroke her back softly I can’t believe this is happening.

Martha’s P.O.V

“Oh my god guys what the hell happened?!” I exclaim as I entered the house and see everyone trying to fix up the house,

“there’s been a break in” Granddad says as he looks at me,

“oh my god” I say in horror knowing what had really happened as I look towards my fiancé and Peter,

“don’t worry darling everyone’s ok” Auntie Morag says as she touches my shoulder softly,

“who would do something like this” I say as I look at Jack who looks at me knowingly, I move towards him motioning for him to follow me outside.

“Tell me the truth is it her Jack?” I ask him,

“we don’t know” he replies quietly,

“there’s a chance right?” I whisper worriedly, he doesn’t answer just nods as he looks at me,

“Jack this has gone to far they need to know first I find out she’s alive now I find out she’s been here” I say my voice breaking,

“Martha!” Jack exclaim cutting me off and trying to keep his voice down,

“no Jack she’s in the bay they have a right to know” I say honestly as I look at him,

“hey hey hey keep your voices down” I hear Peter say as he walks out towards us “Martha look I know that this is difficult but please while the town stays unaware we can stay one step ahead of her on this” he explains as he looks at me,

“but?” I try and say

“no butts Martha you can’t say anything” he tells me.

“Peter the other officers are here they want a word?” Sally asks walking out as she looks at the three of us, “is everything ok?” Sally asks as she looks at me questioningly

“nothing just trying to calm me down that’s all I’m a bit shaken up about it all” I lie as I look down I feel Jack’s hand touch my shoulder apologetically.

Cassie’s P.O.V

“What am I going to do Mattie?” I ask her staring out at the ocean as I lean against the rocks,

“we need to go to Sally Cassie” she says as she looks at me apologetically,

“I can’t Mattie no I can’t” I say sadly my voice catching,

“she will no how to handle this Cassie” she says her voice soft and sympathetic,

“no then everyone will know” I almost scream as more tears threaten to spill, “Martha will find out” I say as I look at her,

“Cas that’s not your problem Martha is your friend and she wouldn’t want this to happen to you” she tells me,

“I don’t know what to do” I cry putting my head in my hands,

“he hit you Cassie you have to do something” she replies her voice raised as she tried to get her point across but god I didn’t know what to do I didn’t want everyone to find out I didn’t want everyone’s sympathy.

“Cassie” I hear his voice say suddenly as I look up I already see Mattie jump up to her feet protectively,

“what are you doing here” she almost screams at him,

“I just want to talk to her” I hear him say as he looks at me,

“like she’s ever going to talk to you again Macca” she screams,

“if that’s what she wants” he says dejectedly as he looks at me,

“Mattie wait ill talk to him” I say as I get up,

“Cassie no” I say as I look at her.

Lucas P.O.V

“Something smells good” I hear dad say as I hear him come inside,

“Thanks I thought you wasn’t coming home?” I ask him almost trying to push him out the door,

“relax mate I just came for some paperwork Beth forgot” he says as he looks at me laughing “so what’s so important that you need us out the house then?” he asks as he looks at me, “who you cooking for wouldn’t happen to be Matilda would it” he says knowingly,

“shut up dad” I reply laughing as I look at him “and yes it’s Matilda I have a lot of making up to do” I reply softly,

“well don’t stuff it up this time I don’t want to see either one of you getting hurt” dad says as he touches my shoulder before he rushes off.

Archived