We Belong Together

Guest baymaniac

Chapter 11

They might have shared a kiss but Ric & Mattie still hadn't decided fully whether to give their relationship another go.

The morning after that day before, Cassie told Ric everything

"I saw everything yesterday.", she said

Taken aback, Ric replied "Saw what?"

"You and Mattie. The kiss", Cassie replied "So does that mean your back together."

All that Ric could say was "I don't know"

Later at the diner,

"Cass knows everything.", Ric said to Mattie "I think it was just of case of being there at the right time."

"Ric, you know that things between us have gotten very close recently.", she said

"Well that's I was going to bring up to you.", responded Ric "Why wait? I want us to be together again, starting right now."

"I want to as well.", Mattie said back "These last few weeks have made me realised. I really, really love you. Your the only person I want to be with."

Finally after weeks of close run-ins, rebuilding and denial, Mattie and Ric finally realised they had to be a couple again. Their reconciliation was indeed sealed with an awesome kiss!

They may be together again, but true fate would still hang above them.

Next day, when Ric was at home all by himself, there was a knock on the door.

Ric opened it and quite literally received to shock of his life.

"Hello, Ric", the person said.

But it wasn't just any random person. It was Viv Anderson! What was she doing back here?

Coming Up in Chapter 12

Why is Viv back? How will Mattie react?

Please comment!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

It was clear that Viv was back because something serious had happened. Ric simply had no choice but to let her inside and explain.

Viv soon revealed that she had split from her husband, Noel.

"I don't know why?", she said "I think it was that he started to come home much later in the nights, he had been drinking more and developed more of a temper. It was just to much to handle."

Just as she finished speaking, Mattie and Cassie entered. Mattie's faced turned red (not literally) at the sight of Viv.

"What are you doing here?", she demanded

"Please Mattie, I know this comes as a shock but let me explain.", Viv replied

"No excuses. GET OUT!", yelled Mattie

"Mattie if just let Viv say what she has to then decide.", said Ric

So Mattie did. Viv then went on to explain that she needed somewhere to stay. It was obviously very tempting in Mattie's case to let her sleep rough on the streets but even she knew that would be just wrong.

They decided to let her stay in one of the caravans.

"Thanks for this.", Viv said to Mattie

"I'm only doing this for your sake.", Mattie replied "You stay well away from Ric unless it is an emergency."

Viv agreed to this.

Although Ric didn't want to cause any more trouble, he just wanted to find out what Noel had done to cause the breakup.

"It's just a case of I don't get it.", Ric said to Mattie "What would have he got himself into?"

So the next evening, he did just that. Finding an abandoned warehouse just on the outskirts of the bay, he heard some loud yelling from people and peering in through the door...

...he discovered what was there. Noel had set up an illegal fight club!

Before Noel or anyone else could spot him, Ric fled. He knew Noel was a bit of a troublemaker but he thought he would never do something like that. This had to be stopped!

Coming Up in Chapter 13 (unlucky for some)

Noel invites Ric to what he calls "a man-to-man" chat. But Ric has a plan to shut down his business.

Comments?

Chapter 13

It was clear on Ric's agenda that Noel had face the wrath of the law but he knew that he would only do it when he can get the opportunity to do so.

Then he got it, through a call on his mobile

"Is this Ric Dalby?", said the voice coming from the phone

"Yeah.", Ric replied

"I'm one of Mr Anderson's henchman.", he said "We understand you were spying on us the other night."

Ric denied it but then came a solution as far as exposing Noel.

The henchman said "He would like to meet for a man-to-man chat tonight."

Ric knew this could more bad than he thought but this was chance to put one over on Noel. So he agreed.

And later that night, Ric entered the warehouse with only Noel inside

"Ric", he said

"Look I don't have all night. Let get this over and done with.", responded Ric

"Not a problem.", replied Noel "I just want to introduce someone to you."

The mystery person came out and so did lots of people. Ric realised he had been set up to take part in one of his fights.

"Ric, this is Callum.", said Noel "He used to be in a gang led by the infamous Johnny Cooper!"

"I didn't agree to take part in any fight.", demanded Ric

"Too late mate. You can't back out now.", Noel said "I'll give you five minutes to prepare yourself."

Suddenly, there was the sound of police sirens. Everyone apart from Ric, Noel and Callum fled immediantely. Ric had arranged for the cops to raid the warehouse and arrest Noel.

Ric headed for the door but then Noel flashed out a gun.

"You're not going anywhere Dalby.", he said

Ric stood still and waited for Noel to take his eye of him for one split second. He did but just he backed out of the exit. Noel fired the gun! Ric fell to the floor clutching his right arm in pain.

Just as that happened. The police burst in through the back exit and Jack tackled Noel to the ground.

"Noel Anderson. You're under arrest for arranging an illegal business that is banned by federal law.", Jack said

Ric was taken to hospital, fortunately he wasn't seriously injured. The bullet had ricishaved of his right arm, leaving it sprained and it was bandaged up. But Mattie was furious

"Why would you do something like that?", she asked

"Mattie, you don't understand. This was a chance to prove what of a thug Noel is.", he replied

Eventually, Mattie forgave him after he promised not to do anything stupid like that again.

Coming Up in Chapter 14

Noel gets bail. But does he have more than he is bargained for on his release?

Comments, please!

Chapter 14

It had been a week since Noel was arrested and realising that he would get out some day, Viv had abruptly fled, knowing Noel would come looking for her.

Ric and Mattie were really now getting their relationship back on track. Though they were to be greeted by some unwanted news. Noel had been released on bail. They knew he could easily come looking for them.

And indeed one morning, it happened, Ric spotted Noel in the caravan park!

"What the hell are you doing here?", Ric said

"Please Ric.", demanded Noel "I need to know where Viv is. It's urgent."

"Well I don't know so go away!" replied Ric

"It's not just any emergency.", Noel said back "I'm at large with some fight punters. If they see me, I'm dead."

"Well good luck, 'cause you're not getting my help.", Ric responded

Of course Noel wouldn't easily give up, that same day, he actually went into the house. There he saw Mattie in the kitchen,

"Where is she?", he demanded

"Viv?", Mattie responded "She isn't here."

"No, I know she is. Now tell me!", Noel replied

"Well I'm sorry, I don't know", she said

Then Noel got extremely agitated, and pinned Mattie (not literally) to the fridge!

"I guess we have to do this the hard way.", Noel told Mattie

Mattie was too frightened to talk

And at that point Ric came in. He pushed Noel from the grip of Mattie

"How dare you mess with my girlfriend!", Ric shouted

"I'm asking her where Viv is?", Noel replied

"And we keep telling you, she isn't here! Now get lost.", said Ric

So Noel had to flee. Then as he went outside, he was grabbed by a mystery man and bundled into a car.

Later that night, Ric got a call from Jack, saying that a person discovered a body in the forest and after formal identification, they confirmed it was Noel! He had indeed been caught and killed. Ric asked if Viv had been informed and Jack replied that she was one who identified Noel's body.

The run-in with Noel was over. But Ric knew it was a fate that he didn't deserve.

Coming Up in Chapter 15

Mattie, Ric and Cassie go on a camping trip. But will all go smoothly?

Any comments?

Chapter 15

Since Noel's death, Viv had left Summer Bay to start a new life on her own, telling Ric through a letter not to come looking for her.

Meanwhile more shock developments came in the light of Sam's murder trial. The jury acquitted Jack of being accessory to murder but Martha was found guilty for carrying out the murder and sentenced to life in prison. 22 years, which is what the judge ordered as the minimum sentence, behind bars for a crime she didn't commit!

It was a decision that had left everyone reeling.

Needing something to take their minds off the bad news, Ric had an idea

"How about we go camping in the bush this weekend, the three of us?", he asked Mattie and Cassie.

"Sounds great.", replied Cassie

"I'm not so sure.", Mattie said

"Well Cass is going to university in a few weeks. It's probably our last chance for us three to spend some time alone", said Ric.

"You keep forgetting Mattie that I'm not carrying a baby anymore.", Cassie said to Mattie (Cassie had a termination shortly after she split from Henk after the HIV debacle).

Mattie eventually agreed. So that weekend they did indeed set off on their camping trip. Cassie took all of the stuff they would need and travelled with it in her car. (She had recently got her license reinstated after the transport department decided she had learnt her lesson over driving drunk)

In a more adventurous way, Mattie and Ric arrived at the campground together on Mattie's scooter. Since they had gotten back together, Mattie was now riding her scooter on a regular basis.

After a small wonder through the forest, they set up the tent for the weekend. But it wasn't going to just be a weekend where they would just laze around in and out of the tent. In the past, Ric had a good record for surprises and this was no exception. So next afternoon, he led the girls to a grassed area of the bush and the pair got the surprise of their life.

Ric had arranged for them to go horse riding in the bush.

"How on earth could you afford this?", Mattie asked

Ric wouldn't tell, he would just say "Well lets just say I have my ways."

With everything set up, they set off and were having the time of their life. But then, Cassie's horse suddenly spooked and bolted off. Mattie and Ric immediantely gave chase but it was soon clear Ric couldn't keep up. It was left to Mattie to save her best friend.

Being very confident on horseback, Mattie somehow managed to draw her horse level with Cassie and then jump across. She then guided Cassie out of danger and Cassie tumbled to ground, shaken but not injured. But that wasn't end of the troubles, even Mattie was struggling to get the tearaway horse under control. Finally it reared up, throwing Mattie to floor, hard, before running off on its own.

"Mattie!", Cassie yelled but their was no response.

She rushed over to Mattie's side. Despite having worn the correct safety gear, the fall had knocked Mattie unconscious!

Coming Up in Chapter 16

Is Mattie OK? Or has she hurt herself in her moment of bravery?

Give me your comments!

Chapter 16

Mattie was still lying on the grass, not moving. Cassie was struggling to get her to wake up and couldn't get help as her phone had no signal. Then, Ric arrived

"What happened?", he asked

"Mattie helped me off and then the horse threw her off as she was trying to calm it down", she replied "She's not moving and I can't phone for help because I can't get a signal."

Ric sent her off to try and get a phone signal whilst he attended to Mattie. He carefully unstrapped her riding helmet and as luck would have it, she coughed and spluttered back into life. Because Mattie had done up her strap so tight, it stopped her from breathing properly when she hit the floor.

Cassie heard it and rushed back,

"Mattie, thank god you're OK!", she said

Ric checked her over for any injuries. She had bruised her back.

"It's doesn't hurt that much.", Mattie reassured Ric "I'm fine."

But Ric knew they had to get to the tent and then home straightaway before it got dark, they were due to leave half and hour ago. Ric wanted Mattie to rest her back in case of any other damage, so they rode back to the tent with Cassie on Mattie's horse and Ric and Mattie riding double on his horse. Ric then made sure to leave a note to the hire company about what happened before they left.

Next morning, when Mattie had stayed at Summer Bay House for the night,

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?", Ric asked Mattie "Cass told me it was quite a nasty fall you took."

"How may times do I have to tell you, I'm fine.", she replied

Then she changed the subject,

"Listen, I thought about what you said about us living properly.", she said

"What do you mean?", Ric asked

"I want to move in with you.", Mattie replied

"You sure.", he said "Have you told Tony about this?"

"When we got back together, he said I can move out if I want.", responded Mattie

They then kissed. Now they were going to be living under one house.

Coming Up in Chapter 17

Ric discovers one of the caravan park vehicles has been stolen. And then used in a terrible road accident!

Any comments?

Chapter 17

Ric and Mattie couldn't have now been more happier now Mattie had moved in with him.

However, things would possibly now take a more serious turn. They were already encountering problems with new housemate Jai, who Miles had allowed him to move into the house weeks ago. He had struck up a friendship at school with badboy Axel, who was intent on turning him into a troublemaker.

For his next masterplan, Axel wanted to steal something from the caravan park. He was talking to Jai about the plot when Ric approached them.

"I hope you're not trying to do something bad.", he warned to them.

Though agreeing, it was clear Axel was lying.

So when there was no-one to be seen. Axel picked a garage door at random, used a crowbar to open the door and inside was Mattie's scooter.

"I don't think we should.", said Jai "What would Ric say?"

"Don't worry.", replied Axel "We'll just take it out for a spin. It will be back inside before he returns."

Jai was reluctant. He was his friend after all.

So they did take the scooter out for a joyride across the streets. But soon trouble lay ahead...

Aden's father, Larry, was driving down the other side of the road, drunk behind the wheel, after having a run-in with Aden over his return to the booze. In his view, Jai and Axel came out of nowhere, Larry swerved to avoid hitting them but it was too late!

He immediantely fled the scene without calling for help. Despite a small cut to his forehead, Jai seemed rather OK. But Axel had been seriously injured.

Back at Summer Bay House, Ric, Mattie and Cassie had just returned from the surf club when Ric got call on his mobile. It was Alf.

"You better come down here now.", Alf said "There's been an accident."

Ric's face was puzzled. He rushed into the caravan park and saw that the door of the garage that held Mattie's scooter was damaged. And on the floor was a crowbar and dented electrical wiring cover from the scooter. He thought to himself, surely someone couldn't have stolen it.

"There's been a emergency.", he said to Mattie before getting into his convoy and speeding off to meet Alf at the accident scene.

Coming Up in Chapter 18

Ric is furious with Jai over the accident. And Cassie waves goodbye to Summer Bay.

Please comment!

Chapter 18

Ric was horrified by what he saw when got to the crash site. Jai and Axel had indeed stolen Mattie's scooter and state of it was awful.

"Why would they do something like this?", Ric said

"Don't know.", Alf replied "I'm sure they would have been caught anyway."

Looking at how damaged the scooter was, Ric then commented "I wonder how Mattie is going to react?"

Surprisingly when he brought it back, Mattie was sad but calm.

"Sorry.", Ric said to her "It's way beyond repair. And that's just the point of view from a professional mechanic.", referring to himself of course.

"These things happen sometimes.", Mattie replied "It's just that I was getting so used to riding it."

More tragedy was inflicted later that night with the news that Axel had died from his injuries. Next morning with no-one else to blame, Ric felt he had to pin this one on Jai.

"How could you be so stupid?", he said to Jai

"It's not my fault.", defended Jai "It was his idea all along."

"And you shouldn't have let him.", Ric replied "Now he's dead and Mattie's lost her scooter."

It had became clear that Ric didn't want anything more to do with Jai. But soon Mattie convinced him to call it truce and give him a second chance.

2 weeks later and Cassie was all set to leave the bay. She was going to university in Sydney. However like most of the residents that leave, she didn't go until having a farewell party.

"I am so going to miss you.", Mattie told Cassie "You've been an incredoble friend."

"Promise me you'll keep in contact with me", Cassie replied and Mattie agreed.

Then she said her farwells to Ric

"I'll never forget you.", Ric said "All the best for the future."

"Thanks. You were the first person to give a will to live here.", she replied

Afterwards, she then left with Belle who gave her a lift to the airport to catch her flight. Cassie had sold her car a few weeks ago so she could have a good chunk of money to get her new life started. And that was that, farewell Cassie.

Coming Up in Chapter 19

Ric and Mattie's relationship goes from strength to strength.

Any comments?

Chapter 19

Although Mattie was obviously feeling a bit empty not having Cassie around anymore, she knew that at least Ric was there to keep her happy.

But Mattie had a huge secret that was soon to come out in the open. One morning as the post came, their was a letter addressed to Mattie from an insurance company. Of course Ric opened being very nosey and found a claim cheque inside for $2000!

"Why didn't you tell me?", he asked Mattie

Mattie was confused and Ric showed her the cheque

"I forget to say.", said Mattie "I insured the scooter in case anything happened to it."

Ric was a little taken aback but knew Mattie had done the right thing.

Elsewhere, Ric now also needed a new workmate at the surf club bar. Having lost his job garage months ago when it was losing massive amounts of money, Alf offered him a job there. For the past few months, he and Cassie had been working together over the weekend afternoons. Now with Cassie gone, someone new was wanted.

Meanwhile, Mattie now realised that she needed a job for the weekend. Then she saw the vacancy sign.

A week passed and finally a decision had been made

"Can't wait to see who it is.", said Ric

"Yeah, there were a few good applicants.", replied Alf "But we selected one that I think you know you will get on with."

"So who is it?", Ric said looking puzzled

Alf opened the bar door. And in came, dressed in the bar uniform, was Mattie!

The look on Ric's face said it all. Not only he and Mattie were a couple, they were now going to be working together!

Coming Up in Chapter 20

Mattie collapses in school. Is she sick? Or is she expecting?

Your comments!

Chapter 20

For the first few weeks, it was clear that Ric felt a little uneasy working with Mattie at the surf club but eventually he got round to the idea of it. Meanwhile, Mattie had decided to keep the insurance money for safekeeping and would only use it if necessary.

However there was something else that was brewing. Throughout one week, Mattie had always been throwing up every morning.

"Are you sure you're OK?", asked Ric one morning

"Yeah.", said Mattie "I think its just a small stomach bug. Or because maybe I'm stressing too much because the exams are getting closer."

But Mattie clearly wasn't OK. And at school later that day, things got even worse when the lunch break came,

"You feel faint. You sure you're feeling well?", Geoff asked Mattie

"How many times to have to keeping telling people. I'm fine.", Mattie said back, but her speech began to become slurred "There's nothing wrong with..."

And before she could finish, she fainted!

And when she came round, she found herself on a hospital bed.

"You do know why this happened?", Rachel said to her

"I've been sick all week in the morning.", Mattie replied "I think its some sort of virus."

"It's worse than that", Rachel responded "You're pregnant, Mattie."

And the look on Mattie's face was one of stunned.

"You've been pregnant for 3 weeks now.", said Rachel

Mattie couldn't believe it. She had been pregnant for 3 weeks and didn't know about it.

She returned home to find Ric there.

"I heard you collapsed at school today.", he said "I thought something was wrong with you."

"Ric, there's something I have to tell you.", she replied "I'm pregnant. And it's your baby."

"Seriously", replied Ric and she just nodded her head

"Oh my god! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!", Ric said, excited.

Coming Up in Chapter 21

The HSC exams are here. Can Mattie cope with the pressure this time?

Comments, please!

Archived