Short film "Scent" featuring Home and Away stars

Guest Ida_girl

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's stupid to have 3 H&A stars in the one film.. I mean one is bad enough when you think oh that's Tony but to have Tony, Ruby and Lucas all in the same movie makes you not escape from the whole H&A stigma at all!

Wasn't there another film with Indiana and Jon?

I don't think anyone's trying to escape anything. Kane O'Keefe has been on H&A at least twice. Obviously he has made contacts through the show and is using them to his advantage. If you had a bunch of great actors all around you who are willing to be in your movie, why wouldn't you use them?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that Jon is NOT playing Tony - by which I mean, the character is completely different - and Rebecca and Rhys weren't in the show at the same time, so there's no reason that they should be confused for their H&A characters, because in H&A land, they've never met.

It reminds me of a movie that Amber Benson made, "Chance." She played Tara on Buffy, and she cast James Marsters, who played Spike on Buffy, opposite her. While I enjoyed their previous connection, I wasn't expecting "Spike" to try and drink "Tara's" blood, if you know what I mean... Andy Hallett was also in it briefly, and he didn't even have green skin with red horns! :o

I think it does look weird seeing these three together in one film [especially 'Lucas' and 'Tony' not being son and dad- yikes!].

But it is good that they are doing different things- they are actors after all. And as someone said, Jon Sivewright is convincing as a creepy character rather than a nice one. Its pleasing to think that H&A leads to more demanding and different roles for them :D

Archived