Taylor/Jefferies

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Taylor/Jefferies  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jefferies.If she's so desperate to marry Aden before she dies, it'd be quite mad for her not to take his name because if she doesn't nothing would change.

:unsure: The what?!

Sorry, I probably didn't phrase that very well.But think about it, they're already living together, it's not as if the marriage is going to last very long...I think it would be very strange if she goes ahead with this wedding purely so she can say "We were married" and then just goes around calling herself Belle Taylor as if it never happened.

I think Jefferies.If she's so desperate to marry Aden before she dies, it'd be quite mad for her not to take his name because if she doesn't nothing would change.

Sorry, I probably didn't phrase that very well.But think about it, they're already living together, it's not as if the marriage is going to last very long...I think it would be very strange if she goes ahead with this wedding purely so she can say "We were married" and then just goes around calling herself Belle Taylor as if it never happened.

I still don't follow why does she need to change her name to add value to her marriage, is it not enough for her to say "this is my husband".

I still don't follow why does she need to change her name to add value to her marriage, is it not enough for her to say "this is my husband".

Maybe I'm just being a bit stuffy and old-fashioned but I think that sharing a surname is a way of saying "We're a family."If they were actually going to have a marriage, or rather one that lasted more than a few weeks, then keeping her name would be acceptable.But given that this wedding is largely symbolic, her way of saying "We might not have been together long but we loved each other and I want everyone to remember that", I think taking his name would be necessary to complete that symbolism.(Alternately, if she does go for a hyphen, maybe he could too so he keeps her name after she's gone?)

Archived