The Bill - revamp

Guest jamie232

I find the new picture (I'm assuming this is what HD looks like?) really hard to get used to. It's almost like they're in the room with you, which to be honest I'm not sure is a good thing! Also the 'atmospheric' music is quite annoying. But it could be worse, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone else given up on The Bill since this 'revamp'? I have watched the Bill for years and thought it was of the the best police dramas on TV, it was gritty, 'real', and unpretentious...not any more. I cant believe how drastically different the show is now, it is horrible - the sound, I mean the diologue is incoherent at times, the pace has slowed right down yet hasnt been replaced with detail (if that was their purpose), the characters are really hard to identify with and the regular cast members I find to have all become robots and very distant to the audience.

You used to be able to believe that this was a functioning police station with cameras following the investigations, now it feels and looks like a student film, on a budget - the high definition cameras dont even look high definition, in fact it looks a lot softer and flat than it did when it was filmed in standard definition and they have this underscoring which sounds 'dead', it is just annoying noises and drum loops. they've just ruined it Imo and its a shame because I was looking forward to it becoming even better - I wouldn't be surprised if it was axed, it was ABC's top rated show on Saturday's and the figures have been dropping by the week, I hear its the same in the UK. The thing I dont get is that it doesn't even have any resemblance at all to the 'old Bill', it is so far removed its just alienated the audience.

I haven't completly given up on it but i keep forgetting that it's on at 9 instead of 8 and have missed quite a few episodes of it.

I'm still not convinced by the changes, i hate the opening theme tune, there was nothing wrong with the old one. And i don't like that it all seems to be centered around CID now. The Bill to me was always about the cops on the street and the uniform officers in the station and i know CID have been a big part of The Bill but now it seems like CID has taken over the whole show and i'm kind of sick of it.

Archived