On The Run (by matticus01) - comments

~Zoe~

2 updates!

Wootpartywoot!

She sat parked, staring at the sign. Taking in every detail of the ‘Welcome to Summer Bay’ sigh sitting just in front of her car. Along with the sign she could see the beautiful, sparkling brown, white sand and the beautiful different colors of the ocean.

She could smell the salty fresh air, she smell of freshly cut green grass and lavender hedges close by made everything even more delicate. She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the water just meters away from her, could hear the sound of laughter from people not only on the beach having fun but also people walking by, at the bus stops of the sound of car doors being slammed and shut like they were the most delicate things on earth.

She re-opened her eyes, sighing elatedly as her eyes adjusted to the lack of buildings and honking cars telling you to ‘get moving or else’ because their owners were too damn bloody impatient. This was her kind of scenery, the kind of place she had once lived as a little girl and hoped to one day live like again.

But first, she had to find her daughter, her daughter who had witnessed such a terrible crime that she was now being chased because of it. Her beautiful daughter, who she had hoped would be here after the main sergeant had hinted at the possibility.

She turned the key in the ignition as the car revved to life before settling to a silenced humming coming out from under the engine as she slowly put her hand on the gear and placed it into drive.

Keeping her foot on the brake as she did so. She had always thought she was a good driver, after many years of driving around with ehr daughter in the car, as a baby, then a little girl and finally a teenager until she had to be taken away from her. She eased her foot off the brake as she felt the tyres nudge a fraction before she put her foot down on the accelerator, careful not to jerk the car forward as she pulled away form the sign and made her way into the Bay, hopefully to find her daughter.

I loved that whole scene. It was beautifully written. Is that Mattie's mum? Or Belle's?

He opened the car door as Belle thanked him and climbed out, making sure to grab her purse as she did so. Waiting for Aden as she had no idea where they were she looked around. All she could see was darkness and the sound of waves crashing hard up against rocks.

He took her hand, entwining his fingers in between hers as he led her forward. Lights began to switch on, revealing to Belle, a look out of some sort which had been decorated with different colored fairy lights. Around the stone wall were tiny candles and roses.

Fire lanterns sat at the entrance of the lookout and right in the middle, three candles in the middle with a red table cloth and white and pink roses was a table and two chairs with plates, knives, forkes and even glass filled with grape juice.

“Oh my god...’ Belle stuttered, shocked.

Lucky Belle *jealousy* That's a bit fancy for a first date, innit?

:)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wub: That first scene with Belle and Aden! That was just... wow! Like, seriously, wow. Amazing! I'm jealous of a character in a fic <_<

Loved the bit with Mattie and Ric too. That was just extremely AOL! I actually thought that the person in the house was

the mother, but maybe not!

:o Spooky...

Hmm.... I'm thinking that it's

Mattie's mother [beth], because of the way you described her voice being loving and tender.

But I dunno.... :unsure: Can't wait to find out who it really it!

Poor Cassie too! It must be so hard for her to go back to school after everything that happened.

Cannot wait for more! Loving this fic as always! :P

xoxo

:o That ending was just freaky and scary. OMG, I wonder who it is! And what they left as a message for the girls :unsure:

Another brill chapter. Loved the beginning with Belle and Mattie. So glad that the guy ran out, although it means that he could come back again :(

Ahh... so it was Beth! Thought as much!! ^_^

Eeeek, next chapter looks great with every single one of those spoilers [except the last, which is very worrying!]

Cannot wait for more!!

2 AMAZING updates :D:D

I loved the first one..... the date, Mattie/Ric, everything was just brilliant

On to this one...

That ending was seriously wierd!

The scene with Mattie and belle at the beginning was really sweet

Cant ait to read more, the next update sounds great, however a little worrying

Edited by LAURZY!

I thought it was Beth. Somehow I can't imagine Amanda searching for Belle, I knew she loved Belle, but still... And the ending is really weird, is that the murderer or a stalker of some sort ? And those hints for the next chapter really got me waiting for it :D Good chapter once again !

Edited by Looptroop

Two updates, :D

Aw, firstly Aden and Belle's date was lovely, really romantic :wub: I liked the conversation with Mattie and Belle.

The second chapter was great aswell, although the ending was really freaky, and scary :o ... I wonder who was doing that :unsure:

The next chapter, once again sounds really good, looking forward to reading it :D

Okay, that ending was a real head scratcher.Was that the guy that Mattie saw at the house before?It doesn't sound as though he's anything to do with the people after them.Surprised that Cassie asked to see Belle, I wasn't aware they knew each other.Couple of nice updates, looking forward to more.