Martha (Jodi Gordon) to leave?

Guest brenton_06

I feel it's quite sad that so many people are wishing for her exit on this post, and what not - my feelings? I'm not a huge fan of Martha [i liked the old Martha!] but - Jodi is a real person, and my heart does go out to her through this struggle; as it's so much more than that with the media feasting greedily on every new nuance of information.

Here's hoping she can turn her life around, away from the 'dark' side - and let it all work out for her. I'd be sad to see her go.

I totally agree with Moya.

I'd definitely miss the character and Jodi if Martha leaves. But if she does, I don't think she should be killed off.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Martha too young for that?

Anyone can have a heart attack, it doesn't matter how old they are. Plus Martha is supposed to have a weak heart due to the cardiac arrest she had after the car crash that killed Chloe. There's also the history of heart problems in the family, though I'm not sure if Martha is actually a blood relation of Ailsa? Either way it wouldn't be a bad way to kill her off, but if they're going to do that I'd prefer there to be some reference to her heart problems beforehand, as it's all long forgotten at the moment.

^ Martha isn't a blood relation of Ailsa. :) Ailsa was her stepgrandmother (if that's a word? :unsure: ). Alf's first (?) wife, Martha Stewart, was Ruth's mother and therefore Martha's grandmother. :) Martha also had a cardiac arrest when she was lost in the bush after the helicopter crash.

I use to like Martha. However this was back when she was young and had first met Jack. When they both liked eachother and she was being stuborn :wub: I liked their relationship, however towards the end - by the time Jack's death had accured, I had slowly gone off her and now that Jack's gone I actually don't really like her. <_<

Yes she pretty and the actor Jodi is good at what she does. It's just her character which gets on my nerves.

To me she has changed so much.

Martha use to be soo fun and kind of quirky but now all she does is moan and feel sorry for herself.

Jack hasn't even been cold in his coffin yet and she's already moving onto his cousin! :blink:

If she goes I don't think I'll be that sad.

Isn't Martha too young for that?

Anyone can have a heart attack, it doesn't matter how old they are. Plus Martha is supposed to have a weak heart due to the cardiac arrest she had after the car crash that killed Chloe. There's also the history of heart problems in the family, though I'm not sure if Martha is actually a blood relation of Ailsa? Either way it wouldn't be a bad way to kill her off, but if they're going to do that I'd prefer there to be some reference to her heart problems beforehand, as it's all long forgotten at the moment.

This would break Martha's heart if she heard y'all talking.

Seriously there's no more news on the scandal, problem is.. now they're out of scandal for Joce, first the bikie then the strippering.

I think if she survives this then she'll stay on h&a which of course she will.. it's just a theory youguys just a theory.. think about it :P

^ Martha isn't a blood relation of Ailsa. :) Ailsa was her stepgrandmother (if that's a word? :unsure: ). Alf's first (?) wife, Martha Stewart, was Ruth's mother and therefore Martha's grandmother. :) Martha also had a cardiac arrest when she was lost in the bush after the helicopter crash.

But if Ailsa had still been alive she would have become a mother figure to Martha. I think that's the whole reason why the writers softened Morag's character up, so Martha had a mother figure and Alf had someone to tell his problems to. But Irene seems to have taken over that role. I am glad they did soften Morag because Morag in the 80s wouldn't fit in with Home and Away 2009. Morag still has a sharp mouth but only uses it when it is needed.

Archived