The Stig is....

Guest Di

Oh my God...

Top Gear returned tonight, and they revealed who the stig is...

The Stig is

Michael Schumacher

:o ... yikes

Hmmm... I wonder if he is the real Stig!!! :wink:

I think there is more than one Stig...

I know, I think somebody announced it before on a forum, but I was surprised that they announced who is was.

In my opinion, I really liked the mystery, but, you know, they have to keep people watching. :P.

Good choice though,

Michael Schumacher

! :o.

No, its not really Michael Schumacher. That black Ferrari was his own car and no one else was allowed to drive it, that's why they pretended he was the white Stig, as well as them wanting to play a joke on us. What I want to know is, was the black Stig the same person as the white Stig?

But when you look at the closing credits, Schumacher is credited as being a special guest and the Stig is still there, which implies they're different people... 'cause, I mean, there's not much point in doing a big reveal and then continuing to pretend they're two separate people if really they're not...

What I want to know is, was the black Stig the same person as the white Stig?

Apparently not. From what I've heard, the black Stig was replaced by the white Stig after the man behind him (Perry McCarthy) revealed himself in his autobiography.

Interestingly, reading Wikipedia (the always reliable source), there's apparently a clause in 'the Stig's contract that he will be fired if his real identity is revealed.

Archived