Sleeping Arrangements

Guest Louise_2983

Chapter 2/?

“So, where do you want me?” she asked after her initial gawping at how amazing his house was. Professional footie obviously paid really well.

A smirk quickly appeared on his lips as he looked at her suggestively from the entrance to the kitchen.

“Now there’s a question I don’t get asked by a gorgeous woman every day”

“Oh ha ha” she playfully stuck her tongue out at him.

“And I’m sure you do, I’ve seen what footie groupies are like remember and you weren’t even playing pro then!”

“You used to get so jealous!” he grinned clearly pleased with himself that she had been jealous when other women had paid him attention.

“No” she shook her head in objection.

“You’re confusing jealousy with annoyance. They drove me insane with all that pouting and hair flicking. It was like Nicole ten times over”

“You were so jealous” he smirked playfully.

“And to answer your question, sofa, shower, bath, kitchen table. I don’t care. I’m easy”

“Oh I know I’ve heard the rumours” she quipped cheekily.

“But I’m not Jefferies! And I meant, as you well know mister, which bedroom do you want me to sleep in?”

“Would I be risking a black eye if I said mine?”

“No” she smiled almost seductively from across the room.

“But maybe castration”

“Ouch” he winced his hands instinctively covering that area.

“Then definitely either of the bedrooms that I don’t sleep in. Take your pick of the second floor, I’m in the attic. Now get upstairs and pick out which bikini you’re going to wear to dinner!”

“Oh but a poor, helpless little women like me can’t carry all these bags up those steep stairs by herself” she pouted, feigning helplessness as he laughed.

He grabbed hold of two of the bags and ushered her upstairs.

“So” he announced when they reached the top.

“Which bedroom are you claiming? This one has a balcony overlooking the pool but that one has a walk in wardrobe, it’s a difficult choice I know”

“Which one did Nicole sleep in?” she asked suddenly hesitant.

“Belle, do you really need to ask that question?”

“The walk in wardrobe!” they both exclaimed in unison as they laughed together.

“Guess, I’m going with the balcony then!”

“You know Belle, what happened between me and Nicole has never happened again. We didn’t do anything in there, so if you want the walk in wardrobe then feel free”

“Nah I’m not a princess. I don’t really have many clothes”

“Then what the heck is in these bags?” he exclaimed with a sigh.

“Seriously! Hurry up and pick a room before my arms drop off!”

“Stop exaggerating! There’s not much in them, I didn’t need to sit on them before they would fasten this time! And I already picked a room!”

“Balcony it is then” he announced, pushing open the door with his shoulder and dropping her bags on to the bed.

“Impressive!” she nodded with a smile as she glanced out at the balcony before unzipping the first of her bags.

“Right, well I’ll leave you to freshen up then. Go and make a start on dinner”

“What?!” she exclaimed with a mischievous grin.

“You mean you’re not going to help me unpack?”

“Well if you want me rifling through your undies, sorry thongs,” he grinned cheekily.

“I’m happy to stay and help”

“Who says I packed any undies?” she played him at his own game.

He groaned loudly.

“Are you sure you don’t want to change your mind about sleeping in my room?”

“Positive” she laughed evilly.

“But I might sleep walk if you’re lucky”

“Commando sleep walking?” he chuckled as he made his way out of the door.

“Now I like the sound of that!”

“Mattie!” Belle squealed as she bounded down the stairs and threw her arms around her best friend.

“It’s so good to see you!”

“You too” Matilda gasped.

“But I can’t breathe!”

“Sorry!” Belle laughed letting her friend go and moving on to hug Ric before pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

“I missed you guys so much”

“And we missed you” Matilda grinned before peeking at what Aden was doing in the kitchen and whispering to Belle.

“But we did not miss Aden’s cooking. Lasagne again? Seriously? He must have made that every time we visited you when you were living in the flat in Sydney”

“I heard that Mrs Dalby!” Aden’s disembodied voice called from the kitchen.

“You were meant to!”

“I already told him that he needs a more varied menu” Belle chuckled as Aden joined them and they sat down to relax a while before dinner.

“Beer?” Aden asked as he offered a small green bottle to Ric and passed a bottle of wine to Belle without even asking first.

“Cheers mate” Ric nodded as he accepted the beer before nodding at Belle who was already getting to work with the corkscrew.

“You know her so well”

“Yeah” Aden smiled at the true meaning behind the words.

“I guess I do”

“But what’s Mattie going to drink?” Belle grinned cheekily as if to indicate the whole bottle was meant just for her.

“Now what have I told you about sharing Belle?”

“Look I need to fend off the jet lag somehow!” she protested but poured two glasses of wine and passed one to Matilda as she did so.

“Actually it’s fine, I’m not going to drink tonight” Matilda protested pushing the glass back towards Belle.

“No way Matilda! It’s my first night back I won’t be having any of that I’m working in the morning rubbish!”

“I’m not working in the morning”

“Then there’s no problem is there?”

“Well...”

“Matilda” Ric warned sternly.

“It’s Belle” she whispered even though both Aden and Belle could still hear her.

“She’s my best friend”

“But it’s still really early”

“Well congratulations are clearly in order” Aden grinned replacing Matilda’s glass with one filled with orange juice and shaking Ric’s hand.

“Good work mate”

“Thanks man” Ric nodded with a grin.

“What are you guys talking about? Congratulations about what?”

“Belle? Seriously?” Aden laughed at how oblivious she was.

“You weren’t that jet lagged ten minutes ago when you were busy ribbing me about my taste in music!”

“It’s bad!” she groaned loudly.

“Really bad! He’s got a James Blunt CD!”

“I told you, Nicole left it!”

“Whatever!” she dismissed his excuse with a wave of her hand.

“I bet you’ve been listening to Goodbye My Lover on repeat ever since we broke up and I went to England!”

“Damn! You caught me!”

“I knew it!” she exclaimed with a triumphant giggle.

“But as much as I enjoy having my taste in practically everything ripped to shed by your caustic wit Belle Taylor, let’s back to Ric and Matilda’s news”

“What news? Will one of you just tell me?!”

“Oh my god!” he moaned in frustration.

“Belle, I’d say your about nine months or so away from becoming a godmother!...S**t” he cursed turning to the couple.

“Please tell me you were going to make her godmother because she’ll hold you to it now!”

“Of course we were!” Matilda chuckled as Belle squealed loudly and hugged them both over and over.

“I can’t believe it!” she exclaimed excitedly.

“I’m so happy for you guys and for me of course. Not only do I get a baby to play with and then hand back to you guys for all the hard stuff, I also get the entire bottle of wine to myself!”

“Just go slow hey?” Aden suggested with a chuckle.

“I don’t want to have to carry you upstairs, especially in that skirt when I know you’re going commando!”

“What?!” Matilda almost spat out a mouthful of orange juice.

“Ignore him!” Belle sighed pulling a playful face at her former boyfriend.

“I will definitely be going slow Jefferies, wouldn’t want you clubbing me over the head and carrying me up to the attic like one of your groupies would I?”

“Clubbing you over the head? Belle this isn’t The Flintstones!”

“No it’s not, so don’t you dare make a joke about me making your bed rock!”

“As funny as you two are can one of you direct me to the bathroom? Pregnancy is playing havoc with my bladder” Matilda interrupted slightly worried she and Ric were bang in the middle of some sort of

mating ritual.

“I’ll show you” Belle offered, rising to her feet.

“I want to hear everything about the baby”

“And I want to know the full story as to why Aden knows you’re going commando tonight hey missy!” Matilda nudged Belle with a wink as they disappeared upstairs and left the boys alone.

“Why do women always have to go to the bathroom together?” Aden questioned puzzled.

“Don’t ask me mate” Ric sighed.

“I gave up trying to decipher the female mind a long time ago. It’s easier just to let them think whatever they think is right”

“Smart move man”

“Speaking of moves” Ric chuckled with a wink.

“When are you planning on making one on Belle?”

“What?”

“Oh come off it Jefferies!”

“What? We’re just friends!”

“You’re single, she’s single. She’s been back all of five minutes and you’re already bickering like an old married couple”

“We broke up for a reason Ric”

“You broke up because Belle was moving to London and neither of you wanted a long distance thing. You broke up because of circumstance and well she’s back in Aus now mate, living in your house. It

doesn’t get any less long distance than that!”

“I just don’t want to ruin things. We’re getting on great. Like you said she’s been back all of five minutes, she’s starting a new job, she’ll be moving out of here before I know it. The last thing she

probably needs right now is me putting any sort of move on her”

“Mate” Ric laughed cheekily.

“Let her drink enough of that wine and you won’t have to! She'll be the one with all the right moves! And by the way just how do you know that she's going commando?”

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter Louise, its really good

Loved all the fluff :wub:

& its great that Mattie and Ric are married and having a baby :D

& the banter between Aden and Belle was brilliant :)

Cant wait for more!

:lol: That was brilliant!

LOVED the banter between them, cannot get enough of it :D

Awwww, Ric and Mattie are having a baby!!

And i think Ric is right about Belle and the bottle of wine to herself haha

Cant wait for more

Archived