I Will Be

Guest -Kevin-

Thank you guys for all your lovely comments they mean a lot to me :)

Chapter 11

Christmas day

"Rachel aren't you gona answer that" Hugo asked

"No its only Leah , shes bugging me" she Rachel answered him

"Why" he questioned

"We just had a bit of a disgreement thats all" she assured him

"Are you ready to go yet ? " he asked her

"go where" she replied

"Remember we said we would call round Alf's with the presents for the kids and Martha and Roman" he stated

"Oh im not feeling up to it" she tried to get out of it

"You dont feel up to much lately do you" he argued ashe put on Tash's coat

"and whats that supposed to mean " she yelled back at him

"Come on Tash we're gona see Brooke and Jack" he spoke softly to Tash whilst ignoring Rachel.

Hugo then went out the front door and packed Tash into the car and they headed over to Summer Bay House.

Rachel just looked at the ground and as she held her head in her hands she began to get angrier and angrier and eventually she blew up....

"So hows Perth going " Martha asked Ric

"Yeah its good , I've just started a new job so all's going well" he replied

"Thats great " she smiled

"You know Martha im really sorry I've not been back sooner , it was really selfish of me" he regretted

"No its fine" she tried to reassure him but he wasnt having any of it

"Dont make excuses for me please . You have been through a lot since I last saw you , with losing the baby not long after I had lef and then losng Jack . It must have been so hard on you" he apologized

"You know me I can deal with anything" she half heartedly smiled at him

"Hey Sal hows the dinner going" Martha yelled

"Its coming along fine , although I could use an extra pair of hands" she yelled back

"I shouldn't have said anything" Martha joked to Ric

"I heard that " Sal replied

"Im coming " Martha laughed

"Cass and Mattie are having quite a catchup aren't they " Sal said to Martha as she stirred the sauce

"Yeah its so nice to have you all back " Martha said as the tears welled up in her eyes

"Aww I am planning on making myself a more permanent fixture around the place if that helps" Sal comforted

"Are you serious" Martha asked stunned

"Yeah I decided now is the right time to come home , but Cassie is staying on in Thailand" she asserted

"Oh thats a shame" Martha replied

"Shes really making something of her life and im thankful because shes been down a lot because of the HIV" Sal whispered

"Shes now got a full time job and is supporting herself and Summer and Summers enrolled to start at the same school Pip was in" Sal smiled

"Im so pleased for her" she told her

There was a knock at the door and Hugo came in holding Tasha's hand

"Hi there" Hugo introduced himself

Ric stood up and walked towards him and shook his hand

"Im Ric mate"

"Im Hugo" he replied

"Hey how are you " Martha squealed . "Happy Christmas by the way" she laughed

"Yeah same to you too"

"No Rachel" Martha asked

"She wasn't feeling well" he replied whilst rolling his eyes up towards the ceiling

"Im not surprised after what happened yesterday" Martha churned

"Why what happened" Hugo asked puzzled

"She slapped Leah didnt you hear" Martha coughed

"She never mentioned a thing" Hugo replied with a shocked look on his face

"I dont even know what happened , I just walked in right afterwards" Martha explained

"Shes not been herself lately" Hugo added

"Hello is this little Tasha" Sal asked Tasha

Tasha nodded and everybody looked and laughed

"I've heard so much about you" Sal told her

Sally then turned her attentions to Hugo

"Hi im Sally" she chipped in

"Hugo . Nice to meet you" he replied as he shook her hand

"I just though I d drop off these present for you guys " Hugo suggested

"Are you gona stay for a cofee " Martha pleaded with him

"I really should get back , Rachels unhappy , we had a small tiff before I left"he told them

"Tell her I said hi" Sally told him

"Will do . and it was nice to meet all of you" Hugo waved good bye to everybody and left again.

Martha closed the door behind him .

"Rach smacked Leah one yesterday" Martha gossiped

"No way " Sally replied shocked

"Yeah I had just walked in and wham she smacked her" Martha continued

"I hope Rachel's ok. She must be going through some pretty horrible stuff for her to act like that" Sally added

"Where is Roman " Martha wondered looking at her watch

"Im sure he wil be here soon" Sal reassured her

They heard someone come in the front door and it was Roman.

"Where on earth were you" Martha asked

"Its a surprise" he winked at her

Sally and Martha both smiled at each other .

Rachel began thowing the plates against the wall untl her attention turned towards the Christmas tree and she then thought of her daughter once again.

She stopped vandalising her house and lifted her head up high and began tending to the cooking dinner.

A few minutes later Rachel heard Hugo's car pull up outside and threw the rest of the broken plates into the bin and fixed her hair up.She was determined to have a happy Christmas..

"Hey " she smiled when her daughter and Hugo entered the room.

She then went up to her daughter and kissed her followed by another kiss for her fiance.

"dinners almost done" she smiled

"Dinner is served guys" Sally announced

Everyone gathered at the large table they had borrowed from the Surf Club to fit all the guests.

"I'd like to make a toast" Alf announced

"heres to Sal and the fantastic dinner shes prepared for us" he smiled

Everyone was about to start eating when Sally interupted them.

"You guys I'd like to make a toast as well. Its times likethis when people need family around them and one of the most important members of our family who isnt here today would have loved this. To Miles "she announced

"To Miles "everybody repeated

Sally just sat there looking at everyone round the dinner table and the tears rolled down her face as she thought about how much Miles would have liked this.

"sorry guys I have an announcement as well" Roman laughed

"As you all know that I love this amazing girl sitting next to me here" he confirmed as he looked at Martha

"I was just wondering whether she would do me the honour of becoming my wife." He paused "In 2 weeks " he blurted out

Everyone just said "wow " and bagan clapping as Martha gave a positive response.

He leant down and placed a tender kiss on her soft lips and they both gazed into each others eyes.

"Seeing as everyones making announcements , I might as well make one as well" Ric stood up

"Mattie's having a baby " he announced to his friends and family

Everyone just clapped their hands whilst Mattie sat there with a grin ear to ear as loads of congratulations came flooding her way

"and one more announcement andI promose its the last one or we will be eating cold dinner" she joked

"Well I am moving home" she exploded

and once more the table became ecstatic with life.

It was the happiest Christmas they ever had....

"The dinners lovely " Hugo smiled at rachel

"Glad you like it " she replied happily

Suddenly Rachel's mobile phone began to ring and to her surprise Angelo's name came up on the screen

"Sorry its work I have to take it" she explained

She then ran to the back door , went outside and answered the phone.

"What are you calling me for" she demanded to know

" Rach I need you" he replied

"You what" she couldnt believe her ears

"Im on my way home" he explained

"Can we be together " she asked

"Yeah thats if you'll still have me" he begged

"Of course I do , but its Christmas" she replied

Rachel turned round to see Hugo facing her and he didnt look happy

"Who are you talking to" he snarled

"its just work" she repeated

"Oh and you want to be together with work is it" he yelled

Rachel hung up the phone and the words began to flow out of her mouth explaining her feelings for Angelo

"Im in love with Angelo" she declared

"You what" Hugo just could not take in what he was hearing.

He turned his back to Rachel and began to walk towards the house. As he reached the door he entered the house and tried to close the door behind him but Rachel was also forcing her way in.

"You cant throw me out " she screamed

"Watch me" he yelled back at her

he caught her and threw her out the door and she was sent sprawling on the grass out in the garden.

Hugo locked the door and Rachel just sat on the grass wailing.

She looked up when she heard the door opening and she saw Hugo open the door and suddenly she realised what he was doing.

Hugo stood at the door and began tossing her clothes out to her one by one and when he had finished he said one last thing to her.

"Dont you ever come near me , not now not ever you get that" he grunted whilst pointing his finger at her......

All is not what it seems with Ric and Mattie....

Angelo claims to have dumped Charlie . Is he telling the truth ?

Martha comes home to a shocking surprise ...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everybody :)

Chapter 12

"Wow that was a very eventful dinner " Roman laughed

"Yeah they dont do things by halves do they" she replied cheerily

"Im still trying to take it all in" she stated

"Yeah I dont blame ya " he said as he remained focused on the road

"Im so happy for Ric and Mattie though" she grinned

"Yeah I could't believe it . She didn't seem too happy with Ric announcing it like he did" he put forward his thoughts

" I didn't notice anything " she replied with a confused expression on her face

"Oh its propably just me looking too much into things" he decided

"You can take the boy out of the SAS but you cant take the SAS out of the boy" she laughed at him whilst putting her hand on his lap.

"Ric why did you do that " Mattie grunted

"I thought everybody deserved to know" he added

"Well I was not ready and its not your place to declare such a thing" she asserted

"Look babe im sorry it just seemed like the right time" he apologized

"Nobody can know the truth though " Mattie cautioned him

"No of course not " he assured her

"because this is our only chance Ric . I couldn't handle it if everybody found out the truth" she snuggled into him

"I know" he replied as he held her in his arms

There was a knock at the door and Sally came in

"goodnight guys " Sally said

"night Sal" they both replied

"and im very happy for you both" Sally contributed as she left the room

Mattie and Ric looked into each others eyes with fear in their eyes.

"Lock the door Ric and we get this done before I get into bed" she ordered him

They both stood up off the bad and Ric went over to the door and turned the key and checking to see if it was secure

Mattie began unbuttoning her shirt and Ric came to her behind and lifted up her shirt and began unstrapping something from underneath her 2 layers of shirts.

Mattie then lifted a fake pregnancy cushion from underneath her clothes and hid it safely under her bed. She then put her pyjamas on and got into bed

"Can I unlock the door ? " Ric asked

"Yeah go ahead" she informed him

Ric then turned the key and opened the door and scurried over to his bed and got in beside Matilda and held her in his arms and they both went asleep.

"Who on earth is that " Roman wondered as he pulled into his driveway and saw a young woman standing at their front porch

" I have no idea " Martha exclaimed

"Can I help you" Martha asked as she stepped out of Roman's car

"I , I , im just looking for directions thats all" the lady answered her

"Where are you looking for , I can maybe help " Martha continued

"Oh sorry I remember now " she laughed nervously

"Bye" she clamored and walked off briskly towards her car

"OK that was weird" Roman gave Martha a funny look

"Yeah it was" she agreed

"I'll carry Brooke from the car and you get Jack" she told Roman

"No babe your sick you shouldnt be lifting anything , I'll get them both" he smiled

"OK alright I'll just go in and get their beds ready" she said as she opened the front door

As she entered the front door she noticed a square piece of yellow notepaper on the ground. She bent down and picked it up and the only thing written on it was a phone number.

She wondered whos number it could be and then just decided it was propably not anything important and placed it on the table next to her.

The mystery woman sat in her car and watched from a distance as Roman began taking the kids from his car and she then picked her camera up from the passenger seat and began taking photographs. Then her phone rang.

"Hey babe , im sorry im almost home" she apologized

"Hurry up hun im waiting for you to come to bed with me" he excitedly demanded of her

"Don't worry I'll be there in about an hour" she assured him

She hung up the phone and started her car and drove off into the night wondering whether she had made a mistake in coming there and leaving her number with Martha......

"I have waited so long to see you" Rachel confessed as she put her arms around Angelo.

The pair began kissing passionately on Angelo's doorstep where Rachel had waited a half hour for him.

"I missed you too" he admitted

"and Charlie...?" Rachel asked

"Shes staying on at Ross and Morags for another week or 2 " he told her

"But she does know doesnt she " she became suspicious

"Of course she does" he confirmed

He then lifted Rachel over his shoulder and carried her through the front door and dropped her on the couch. There was a moment where they both looked into each others eyes. After a few moments Angelo took off his shirt and started unbuckling his belt.

and he and Rachel were destined to make the same mistake twice....

Martha comes across the mystery woman again...

Has someone rumbled Matilda and Ric's lie ?

Rachel takes the first steps in getting full custody of Natasha after Hugo behaves totally out of character and lashes out....

Rachels blissfully happy. But Angelo's keeping a terrible secret from her....

Thank you everybody :)

Chapter 12

"Wow that was a very eventful dinner " Roman laughed

"Yeah they dont do things by halves do they" she replied cheerily

"Im still trying to take it all in" she stated

"Yeah I dont blame ya " he said as he remained focused on the road

"Im so happy for Ric and Mattie though" she grinned

"Yeah I could't believe it . She didn't seem too happy with Ric announcing it like he did" he put forward his thoughts

" I didn't notice anything " she replied with a confused expression on her face

"Oh its propably just me looking too much into things" he decided

"You can take the boy out of the SAS but you cant take the SAS out of the boy" she laughed at him whilst putting her hand on his lap.

"Ric why did you do that " Mattie grunted

"I thought everybody deserved to know" he added

"Well I was not ready and its not your place to declare such a thing" she asserted

"Look babe im sorry it just seemed like the right time" he apologized

"Nobody can know the truth though " Mattie cautioned him

"No of course not " he assured her

"because this is our only chance Ric . I couldn't handle it if everybody found out the truth" she snuggled into him

"I know" he replied as he held her in his arms

There was a knock at the door and Sally came in

"goodnight guys " Sally said

"night Sal" they both replied

"and im very happy for you both" Sally contributed as she left the room

Mattie and Ric looked into each others eyes with fear in their eyes.

"Lock the door Ric and we get this done before I get into bed" she ordered him

They both stood up off the bad and Ric went over to the door and turned the key and checking to see if it was secure

Mattie began unbuttoning her shirt and Ric came to her behind and lifted up her shirt and began unstrapping something from underneath her 2 layers of shirts.

Mattie then lifted a fake pregnancy cushion from underneath her clothes and hid it safely under her bed. She then put her pyjamas on and got into bed

"Can I unlock the door ? " Ric asked

"Yeah go ahead" she informed him

Ric then turned the key and opened the door and scurried over to his bed and got in beside Matilda and held her in his arms and they both went asleep.

"Who on earth is that " Roman wondered as he pulled into his driveway and saw a young woman standing at their front porch

" I have no idea " Martha exclaimed

"Can I help you" Martha asked as she stepped out of Roman's car

"I , I , im just looking for directions thats all" the lady answered her

"Where are you looking for , I can maybe help " Martha continued

"Oh sorry I remember now " she laughed nervously

"Bye" she clamored and walked off briskly towards her car

"OK that was weird" Roman gave Martha a funny look

"Yeah it was" she agreed

"I'll carry Brooke from the car and you get Jack" she told Roman

"No babe your sick you shouldnt be lifting anything , I'll get them both" he smiled

"OK alright I'll just go in and get their beds ready" she said as she opened the front door

As she entered the front door she noticed a square piece of yellow notepaper on the ground. She bent down and picked it up and the only thing written on it was a phone number.

She wondered whos number it could be and then just decided it was propably not anything important and placed it on the table next to her.

The mystery woman sat in her car and watched from a distance as Roman began taking the kids from his car and she then picked her camera up from the passenger seat and began taking photographs. Then her phone rang.

"Hey babe , im sorry im almost home" she apologized

"Hurry up hun im waiting for you to come to bed with me" he excitedly demanded of her

"Don't worry I'll be there in about an hour" she assured him

She hung up the phone and started her car and drove off into the night wondering whether she had made a mistake in coming there and leaving her number with Martha......

"I have waited so long to see you" Rachel confessed as she put her arms around Angelo.

The pair began kissing passionately on Angelo's doorstep where Rachel had waited a half hour for him.

"I missed you too" he admitted

"and Charlie...?" Rachel asked

"Shes staying on at Ross and Morags for another week or 2 " he told her

"But she does know doesnt she " she became suspicious

"Of course she does" he confirmed

He then lifted Rachel over his shoulder and carried her through the front door and dropped her on the couch. There was a moment where they both looked into each others eyes. After a few moments Angelo took off his shirt and started unbuckling his belt.

and he and Rachel were destined to make the same mistake twice....

Martha comes across the mystery woman again...

Has someone rumbled Matilda and Ric's lie ?

Rachel takes the first steps in getting full custody of Natasha after Hugo behaves totally out of character and lashes out....

Rachels blissfully happy. But Angelo's keeping a terrible secret from her....

Thank you Laura,Kaiyablake and Kirsty :)

Chapter 13

"Hey guys do you want some breakfast" Sally asked as she barged into Ric and Matilda's room.

Mattie was just about to get out of bed and get Ric to strap her up.

"Yeah breakfast would be great" Mattie thanked Sally

"good . Cassie , do you want some breakfast" Sally yelled as she left the bedroom again

"Ric can you get the door again" she began pushing Ric who was conked out next to her in the bed

Mattie continued to push Ric until he fell out of the bed onto the floor with a bang.

"Whats happening" Ric mumbled as he jumped up off the ground still half asleep and worried

"Now your awake" Mattie laughed

"Please lock the door " she demanded

"Oh yeah sorry babe" he replied

He dragged himself over and locked the door and as soon as she heard the key turn Mattie pulled herself from her comfortable position and Ric started to strap her in. She then spent a minute or 2 rearranging it to the correct position .

"Now perfect" she smiled

She was now dressed and ready to take on the world .

"Sal's cooking us dinner so hurry on and get dressed" she ordered him as she gave him a kiss and she left the room.

As she was leaving the room she bumped into Cassie who was emerging from her room as well.

"Hey did you sleep good ?" Mattie asked

"Yeah I did . I cant tell you how weird it was sleeping back here again" Cassie insisted

"Tell me about it" Mattie agreed

Cassie turned and opened her bedroom again

"Summer im not going to tell you again its up time. Now hurry " Cassie began to get annoyed

"You have all this to look forward to Mattie dont worry" she laughed

"Oh I know , I cant wait. I thought it was never gona happen. We've been trying for a baby for 2 years and then I was so happy when I found out" Mattie gushed

"2 years thats quite a long time" Cassie became worried

"Oh its fine , im pregnant now . I gotto go" Mattie rushed off

Cassie just stood there confused and just shrugged her shoulders and approached the stairs and descended to the kitchen where Sally was cooking up a storm

"Can I give you a hand Sal" Cassie offered

"No im good" she declined Cassie's offer

Cassie was on her way outside when Sally interupted her

"Oh before I forget someone called looking for you , a Marc Peterson " she informed her

"Oh what did he want" Cassie asked

"He just said to call him back " Sally told her

"Oh ok thanks . Sal , im just gona take a drive down to the diner and see who i run into" she told her

"Oh thats OK , I guess you wanna use my car" Sally smiled

"You guessed right" Cassie smirked

"the keys are in the ignition" Sally told her

"Ok I wont be long anyway" she said her goodbyes and left the house.

Cassie sat into Sally's silver car and took out her mobile phone and began dialling numbers

"Hello , Mark speaking" a voice said

"Its me" she replied

"Oh it is about time"

"Can you meet me at the Surf Club in 5 " she asked

"Yeah but I want cash upfront" he declared

"Yeah whatever. see you then" she hung up the phone.

She let out a sigh and looked at herself in the mirror and started the car's engine and drove off..

Rachel woke to an empty bed and instantly began to wonder where Angelo had got to.

Suddenly she heard loud voices coming from outside. She sat up on the bed and pulled the curtains across. The first thing she saw was Hugo hitting Angelo a smack in the nose with his fist. As Angelo fell to the ground Hugo just kicked him and repeatedly kicked him. By this point Rachel was already in the garden half naked trying to pull Hugo off a heavily bleeding Angelo who was curled up in a ball in the grass.

"Get off him" Rachel screeched at the top of her voice as she was on Hugo's back using whatever means becessary to get Hugo to stop. She was pullling his hair and scratching him on his face. Hugo then stood up and ripped Rachel off him and gave her a punch in the mouth sending her sprawling onto the grass.

She began to cry out in pain as she lay on the ground with blood pouring from her nose. Hugo stepped back in complete shock . He didn't know what had come over him.He continued to look on in disbelief for a couple of moments and then walked to his car..

Rachel stood up still crying with pain in her face. She made her way in to the house and picked up Angelo's mobile phone which lay on the kitchen table and dialled 000.

"Ambulance please , its my friend hes been attacked" she cried down the phone

she gave her details and hung up the phone.

She then dialled the same number

"Police please" she cried

"Hello Constable Watson speaking"

"Id like to report an assault" .....

Martha let out a huge yawn and sat up in her bed and swivelled her legs to the outside of the bed and slipped her feet into her slippers

She went to the window and yanked the curtaisn across and she saw the same woman who was at her door the previous night and Martha began to get scared. Her fear then turned to anger and curiosity. She pulled her dressing gown from the back off the door and dressed herself sharpish. She left the house and marched outside and right up to the woman's car.

"OK who are you and what do you want" Martha demanded

"Im sorry for turning up like this again" she apologized

"You didnt even need directions yesterday did you" Martha asked

"No" she confessed

"Well please explain yourself then"

"May I come in for a coffee" She suggested

"You've got 10 minutes" Martha grunted and turned to walk back to her house...

Rachel held Angelos hand as he lay in his hospital bed.

"I'm so sorry Angelo . This is all my fault" she wept

Suddenly Rachel thought of Tasha and decided that she was better off with her. She left the room and called a lawyer for legal advice regarding custody of her daughter.

Martha thinks Katie is being honest with her but shes hiding a dark secret...

Ric and Matilda's lie is rumbled . But by who ?

What is Cassie up to ?

Thank you everyone for your comments . Sorry for doing so much updating guys . I just really want to see what happens next :lol:

Chapter 14

“OK I admit I should have told you who I was as soon as I turned up on your doorstep last night” she confessed

“My name is Katie by the way”

“So why are you here” Martha looked at her

“You see I’ve been looking for you for quite some time” she continued

“ I am a friend of your mothers”

“Oh” Martha looked confused

“Her passing was tragic” Katie admitted

“I wasn’t very close to my mum” Martha informed her

“She left you some money you see Martha” Katie began

“Oh , how much money” Martha became curious

“Not a whole lot . 10,000 dollars” Katie told her

“Oh I never knew she had left me money”

“Yeah she trusted me with it to give it to you”

Katie put her hand into her handbag and retrieved a cheque from it.

She handed the cheque over to Martha nervously whilst looking into Martha’s eyes

Martha looked at the cheque and began to look confused once more

“How come its signed by you” Martha asked

“It’s in my account that’s all” Katie spoke quickly

“anyway I better get off , I have to pick my daughter up from school” Katie explained

“Aw how old is she ? “ Martha asked

“She has just turned 3 “ Katie smiled

“My daughter’s 3 as well “

“Maybe we could get together sometime for a playdate” Katie suggested

“Yeah that’d be awesome , I know Brooke would love it” Martha agreed

“Im sure Sierra would have a great time as well “

“Aww that’s such a cute name “ Martha smiled

They both exchanged numbers and arranged for Martha to come to visit them at their house in 2 days.

“Do you have everything” Cassie asked frostily

The man nodded as he handed Cassie a bag and she took out a wad of cash from her handbag and they swapped.

“Thanks for this” she thanked him

“No problem . Let me if you need more” he offered

“Yeah “ she smiled

Cassie walked away and got back into Sally’s car and as she began to drive away she saw Irene running towards the car in the rear view . She stopped and waited for Irene to approach her and she quickly grabbed the bag and put it under the passenger seat.

Irene opened the passenger door and sat in beside her

“Its been a long time doll hasn’t it” Irene enthused

“Yeah I know “ Cassie agreed

“How is everyone “ Irene asked

“Yeah everybodys great , Ric and Mattie revealed last night that they’re expecting a baby” Cassie revealed

“oh my godfather , they must be over the moon “ Irene grinned

“Yeah and Sal’s decided to stay on in the bay” Cassie added

“Oh that’s brilliant” Irene commented

“I can give you a lift over to the house to see everyone if you want “ Cassie offered

“Yeah doll that’d be good “ Irene said as she began fastening her seatbelt.

As Cassie began to drive off she saw the guy she had just made a deal with getting into his car and looked at him slowly and then just drove off..

Hugo was making dinner for himself and Tasha when he heard a knock at the door.He made his way to the door whilst telling Tasha that dinner would be ready in 10 minutes

Hugo answered the door to 2 policemen and gasped for air as he realised they were there to arrest him.

“Hugo Austin ?” one of the cops asked

“Yeah that’s me “ he admitted quietly

“You’re under arrest on suspicion of assault and grievous bodily harm” the other cop informed him coldly

“But my daughter..” Hugo began

Rachel then appeared from behind the policemen

“She’s not your daughter” Rachel snarled

Hugo just stared at the bandages on Rachel’s face for a few moments until he began to apologise

“Rach im so sorry , “

“I don’t wana hear it “

“Come on lets go “ the policeman dragged him out

As Hugo went to leave she turned and spat at him and launched herself at him

She was slapping and scratching him and screaming

“Did you see what you done to him” she screamed as she was attacking him

The 2 policemen eventually pulled her off him and one of them kept her restrained as the other bundled Hugo off into the back of their police patrol car.

“Will you be alright mam ?” the cop comforted Rachel

“Yeah I’m fine” she half heartedly smiled at him as he left the doorstep

Rachel entered the house and closed the door behind her and broke down and fell on the ground sobbing.

“Mummy are you ok” Rachel heard a voice

She looked up to see her daughter looking at her with a frightened look in her eyes

“Wheres daddy” she looked confused

“Oh sweetie , daddy is just gone out for a bit “ she lied as she stood up and made her way towards her

“What happened to your face mummy” she asked another question

“Oh mummy just walked into the door , its nothing to worry about “ she lied again

Rachel just didn’t know how on earth she was going to be able to explain why Hugo wouldn’t be living with them anymore.

But nothing could have prepared Rachel for the events that would follow later that night ….

“Hi Irene “ Sally enthusiastically smiled as Irene entered the house

“hello Sal “ Irene replied

“Fancy seeing you around this joint again” she added

“Wheres Ric and Mattie “ Cassie interrupted

“Upstairs I think” Sally told her

Cassie made her way through the house out to the stairs and as she neared the top of the stairs she could hear Ric and Matilda’s whispers

“Hows that “ Ric whispered

“Still a bit tight” Mattie replied

Cassie began to get suspicious .

“What are they going on about” she thought to herself

She decided to find out for herself and walked to the bedroom door and put her hand on the door handle and turned it slowly.

The door swung open and the sight that fell before Cassie’s eyes shocked her to the core.

Matilda was sat on the bed with her top lifted up with Ric trying to put the fake pregnancy cushion on properly

Cassie just looked on in disbelief and came into the room and closed the door behind her still. Her mouth just hung open in shock.

“You guys” Cassie started

“Cassie im so sorry” Mattie began

“So you’re not even pregnant then . Why are you lying ? “ Cassie demanded to know

“it’s a long story” the lying pair both tried to explain

“Well im all ears” Cassie looked at them

“OK here it goes….” Mattie began to confess

“Hey babe, where’ve you been all day” a voice greeted Katie as she entered the front door

“Oh I have been doing a bit of shopping that’s all “ she lied

“Oh before I forget are you working tomorrow” she asked

“Yeah im on a half day though” he informed her

“Well I kinda need the place to myself , I’ve got someone coming over” she explained

“Oh”

“Yeah it’s a girl I met , shes bringing her daughter over to play with Sierra” she continued

“Maybe I should stay and meet them as well” he suggested

“No it’d only be all girl talk , nothing exciting” she tried to talk him out of it

“Oh well when you say it like that” he grinned

He leant over and kissed her softly on the lips and left the room

She turned round to see if he was gone and quickly took out her phone and changed Martha’s name to Sarah.Nobody can know shes in contact with her . Nobody. Not even her own husband. She sat on the armchair pondering her next move when her attentions changed to her wedding photo sitting on the cabinet next to her . Suddenly her eyes began to fill with fear. It was almost as if she had become fixated on Martha and her kids.

“Peter whens dinner ready” she yelled out

“not for another hour babe” he yelled back.

Next time ...

A violent death rocks the bay....

Martha is shellshocked when she finally discovers Katie's true identity...

Who asks for help after commiting a terrible crime ? ....

Someone discovers Cassie's heartbreaking secret....

Thank you everybody for commenting on my fast moving fic :)

Chapter 15

“I’m sorry but we’ve had to let him go” the police officer explained to Rachel on the phone

“I don’t believe this “ she argued

“I was attacked and my boyfriend is in such a state and you’ve let him go”

“I can assure you mam this isn’t the end of this case” he assured her

“OK thanks for calling me and letting me know “ she thanked him

She hung up the phone and went back to her position at the kitchen table just thinking about Tony and sipping her glass of wine.

“We could have been so happy” she told herself

Then she gulped her glass of wine down and refilled her glass again until she got the last drop out of the bottle . She put the glass up to her mouth and began drinking and didn’t stop till the glass was empty.

She heard a noise come from the back door and suddenly she became fearful.

“Who’s there” she called out

But all she could hear was the howling wind in the darkness outside.

“Is someone there “she repeated herself

She got up to investigate the noise coming from the kitchen and she was so relieved there was nobody there. She breathed a sigh of relief and made her way to the fridge where she took a cold bottle of white wine from it.

She started walking back to her seat but as soon as she left the kitchen someone came from behind her and put their hand over her mouth. The bottle of wine slipped from her hand and smashed all over the floor…….

“I’m just going out for some shopping . I wont be long . Someone keep an eye on Pip . Thanks “ she yelled

Sally picked up her keys and left the house

She sat into her car and she was about to start her engine when she noticed Cassie had left her bag under the seat.

She bent over and picked it up but as she was lifting it a whole assortment of boxes of pills fell out . She picked up each box and began to get confused.

“These can’t be Cassie’s pills can they” she thought

“Actually these definitely aren’t then because I know what kind of pills she takes” she went on in her head

As Cassie sat in Ric and Mattie’s room waiting for an explanation as to why they were lying about her pregnancy she realised something

“I’ve left my bag in Sal’s car” she panicked

She ran out of the room and down the stairs as quickly as she could and as she ran through the front door she collided with Sally who was holding her bag.

Sally just looked at Cassie and Cassie knew that she had seen them.

“Cassie do you mind telling me what you’re doing with drugs” she demanded

Cassie grabbed the bag but Sally still held a tight grip on the bag

“Just give it to me” Cassie said angrily

“Not until you tell me what you’re doing with them” she repeated

“Well I am HIV positive , I need my pills” Cassie lied

“ Cassie please don’t lie to me” Sally begged

“OK I’ll tell you” she concluded

“Finally some answers”

“You might wana sit down for this “ Cassie recommended

Sally just looked into Cassies eyes and suddenly it dawned on her what was happening. She began to cry and yell and Cassie grabbed hold of her as Sally sobbed into her hands

“Its not true” Sally screeched as she was hanging in Cassie’s arms

“It is Sal. Im dying” Cassie confessed

“Who do you think you are Hugo , sneaking in here like this” she screamed

“We don’t need you” she wore on

“Rach please , what we had was good “ Hugo tried to explain

“Go to hell” she responded

“ No you don’t mean that “ he tried to convince himself

“You see I do mean it” she assured him

“Do you see this” she snarled as she pointed to her bandaged up nose

“I didn’t mean it “ he continued to try and talk his way out of it.

“Hugo get out of here now before I scream” she warned him

“I’m not going anywhere “ he informed her coldly

“I’m calling the police then” she picked up the phone

Hugo grabbed hold of her and snatched the phone off her

“HELP” she screamed before Hugo put his hands over her mouth

She then bit his hands with all her might

“Ahh” Hugo yelled out in pain as he threw her across the room where she landed on the fireplace with a bang

She wasn’t phased by this though. She picked up the nearest thing to hand . The poker hanging on the rack next to the fire.

She stood up and ran at Hugo swinging the poker in the air and all of a sudden she was whacking Hugo in the head with it uncontrollably. Once she hit him once she began hitting and hitting him until he lay on the floor lifeless with blood pouring from his head.

Rachel took a few steps back and tried to take in what she had done

All of a sudden she began screaming and screaming as he lay on the floor with his eyes wide open just looking right at her. The realisation that she had just killed Hugo hit home……

“Hey finally you’re here” Katie smiled as Martha had entered Katie’s house

“Sorry I got a bit lost” Martha laughed

“Come in , I’m just about to cook lunch” she stated

“oh that’ll be lovely .Isn’t your husband around” Martha asked

“umm no he’s working today” she informed her

“ And where is Sierra I’ve been dying to meet her “ Martha enthused

Martha left her keys down on the work bench in the kitchen as the kids ran out to the back garden to play

Katie looked at Martha’s keys

“Aww they’re cute” she pointed to the photograph keyrings on Martha’s keys

“you and your husband look lovely on your wedding day” Katie complimented her

“Actually he’s my ex-husband , he died a couple of years back” Martha revealed

“Oh im very sorry” she apologised

“Its OK , actually im getting married next week as it happens” she half heartedly smiled

“no way” Katie seemed very interested

The phone rang and Katie answered it.

“Hello” she said

“Oh hi babe , yeah shes here “ she spoke into the phone

“Sorry Martha do you mind if I take this call” she asked

“Yeah go ahead” Martha assured her

Katie put the phone up to her ear and went out the back door

Martha began to nosy around and went into the living room to sit down.

She sat down when she saw that one of the photographs was missing from the wall and wondered what had happened to it. She just shrugged her shoulders and thought that maybe it broke somehow.

She got an itch in her leg and bent down to scratch it when she noticed the corner of a picture frame sticking out from underneath the sofa.

She frowned and reached out and slid it out from underneath the sofa where it lay upside down with the back of the frame facing the ceiling.

“Katie and Peter’s wedding day . 25th of april 2012 it read. On the back of the frame.

She turned it around slowly and as she saw the people on the photograph she began to shake.

“What the..” she began , clearly shocked

She then dropped the photo on the floor , shattering all over the floor underneath her…..

“A-A-Angelo I need you to come over here right” away she wailed down the phone

“Rachel whats the matter has something happened” he became worried

“Just come here now” she cried and she hung up the phone.

10 minutes later she heard the front door opening

“babe , where are you” he yelled out as he came trundling through the house

He stopped in his tracks when he saw the gruesome scene of Hugo lying in a pool of blood with multiple wounds on his head.

“Rachel what did you do” he asked

She didn’t answer him just looked at him and began to cry loudly which then turned into shrieks.

“ I need you to help me hide it “ she begged

“Oh no I can’t get involved with this “ he said shakily

He turned around and left the house leaving Rachel sat in a ball on the floor just staring at Hugo’s bloody corpse……

Martha confronts Katie about her identity.....

How long does Cassie have left to live ?

Rachel comes up with a plan ....

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for all your comments :)

Chapter 16

Martha began to get dizzy but quickly overcame the dizziness and she fell onto the cabinet knocking over a couple of glasses and making a huge crash.

Katie ran into the living room and realised what had just happened.

"You lied to me " Martha began to make sense of everything

"I'm so sorry , I can explain everything " Katie rushed

"Oh you can explain can you " Martha began to cry

"Please Martha he doesn't know your even here" Katie began

"But he's... " Martha began

"I saw him..." she continued

"I shouldn't have brough you here" Katie tried to explain

"Do you know what I went through these last few years" Martha sobbed as she fell in a heap on the floor and began crying her eyes out.

Katie just looked at her and didn't know what to do. She realised then that Martha's life had just been blown apart and then it dawned on her that her own life was about to be blown apart as well...

"I've been following you for quite a while now " Katie started

"And that night you caught me at your house and you had your accident" she admitted

"That was you" Martha couldn't believe it

" I couldn't believe you couldn't remember . We had an argument" she continued

" But why have you been following me " Martha demanded

"I only found about you not so long ago " Katie confessed

"and you just decided to stalk me " Martha replied

" Look Martha I didn't mean for you to find out" Katie said

"What so I was meant to never know about this"

"Are you serious " Martha was completely shocked

Martha then looked down as one of her many tears landed on the picture frame of the wedding picture that had just shaken her life to its roots.

"When was this " she whispered

"A year ago" Katie coyly replied

Martha just stared at the picture and it was almost as if she couldn't recognise the face that was staring back at her.

Martha then sighed and flung the photograph across the room smashing the pine picture frame and she let out a huge scream and started to sob on the floor.

"How could he do this to me " she wondered

"He left me when I was fighting cancer" she yelled at katie

"How could he do that " she added

Martha stood up and with tears in her eyes took a deep breath.

" I have to go now " she mumbled

They heard the front door open and Martha heard the voice she had longed to hear for so many sleepless nights.

"I'm home babe" the voice said

Then there was footsteps and Martha shut her eyes tightly when the man entered the room

There was a look of utter shock across the room as Martha stared into her "late husbands" eyes.

Jack just glared right back at her whilst not knowing what to do as everyone was left gobsmacked.............

Rachel just sat in a daze looking into Hugo's open eyes not taking in what had just happened and what she had just done.

She then thought about what would happen when the police found out.

"Oh no I'll be put away for life " she thought to herself

She then began to get worried. She didn't want to go to jail , she couldn't do that to tasha. As she ran everything over in her head she came to a conclusion.

"theres only one thing I can do " she realised as she picked up the phone

"C-can I have the police " she mumbled

"How can I help you " a cold voice asked her

"Um theres been a murder........"

A few hours later Rachel left the police station and got a taxi to Leah's where she had left Tasha.

As she entered the house Leah put her arms around her

"What did the police say" Leah asked

"They said not to worry" Rachel replied

"Everything's going to be alright" she assured her

"Look Leah I have to go now , its been a long night" Rachel said

and at that Rachel picked up Tasha and rushed out the door.

"That was weird " Leah thought

"Come on honey , were going to go on a holiday" Rachel lied as she packed up a bag for Tasha

Rachel then rushed Tasha out the front door as she took one more look around the place she called home and she shut it behind her.

She strapped Tasha in and then got into her own seat and drove off. She was headed to the airport...

Angelo was just sat at his kitchen table wondering and knocking back glasses of whiskey when he heard a knock on his front door.

"That better not be Rachel " he thought

He got up and creeped towards the window and then he saw a police patrol car outsiode his house.

"Open up Constable Rosetta" a voice yelled

Angelo opened the front door when 3 police officers barged in and bagan to put handcuffs on him

"Angelo Rosetta your under arrest for the murder of Hugo Austin.You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned anything which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. . Take him away"

"This is a mistake " Angelo tried to explain but the police officers weren't having any of it ...

Martha has some harsh words for Jack....

Will Rachel escape ?

Will the police believe Angelo ?

Martha tells Jack she was better off thinking he was dead........

Thank you everybody for all the really positive comments . Glad everyone is liking this fic :D

Chapter 17

"Hey hunny whos this " Jack politely asked

Martha was standing with her eyes fixated on Jack with the expression of pure and utter shock on her face.

"Who am I " Martha mumbled as she tried to make sense of everyting but simply was unable

"Martha I am so sorry I was going to tell you " Katie tried to apologise

"Can someone please explain what is going on here because I hate to say it but I'm lost" Jack confessed

Martha walked slowly towards the man she thought was dead for the last 4 years with her eyes glued to him.

"Jack , it's me " Martha tried to get through to him

Jack just gave Martha a funny look because he hadn't a clue as to who Martha was.

"I'm sorry but my names not Jack , I am Peter" he tried to explain to her

"No your Jack . Jack Holden and you used to be a police officer and you were my husband" she began to cry

"I buried you " she added

"Look I think you should leave now " Katie grabbed Martha's arm

"Let go of me " Martha pulled herself free from Katie's grasp

"Shes clearly insane Pete now help me get her out " Katie lied

"C'mon please leave our house" Jack grabbed Martha with a firmer grip and began to drag her towards the front door

"Noo please " she screamed

"I'm not leaving without my daughter" she cried

Katie left the hall and came running back with Brooke in her arm's.

"Here is your daughter . Now please leave " Katie grunted as she opened the front door

Martha turned to look at Jack

" This isn't the last you have seen of me " she promised coldly as she left the house

Jack just looked at Martha as she got into her car with the tears rolling down her face

"Is she gona be alright " Jack worried

"Yeah shes just one of the patients from the hospital in the psyche ward " she decieved him

Katie quickly closed the door.

"Welcome home anyway babe " she kissed him and gave him a tight hug

"I'm starving " he smiled as they both went inside to the kitchen.

Rachel parked her car in the car park and unpacked everyting she was going to need including her daughter Tasha.

As she entered the airport she became paranoid as she looked around at all the security men.

"Just act normal and everything will be fine " she thought

She approached the desk

"2 tickets to Perth " she requested

The person behind the desk handed her the 2 tickets as Rachel paid the money for them.

"Thank you" Rachel smiled

"Please enjoy your flight " the clerk replied

She looked at the tickets and then at her watch

"The plane doesn't leave for another 45 minutes " she began to worry

"If I just act normal and then when its time I'll board the plane and this whole nightmare will be over " she concluded

"Like I already said over and over . I did not kill Hugo" Angelo began to get frustrated

"I got a phone from Rachel . She told me to come over so I did and there was Rachel sat there with Hugo lying there with blood pouring out of him" he repeated himself

"So really , Rachel , his girlfriend , a doctor and a respected member of the community killed him " Lara sarcastically commented

"I find that hard to believe " she confessed

"Look I am telling you Rachel did it . and shes propably making a run for it as we speak" Angelo pleaded

"We have sent someone round to Rachel's to get her in here for further questions , so we will get to the bottom of this " Lara assured him coldly

"As long as you get her to tell the truth I am happy " Angelo stated

Another police officer popped his head into the interrogation room and waved out for Lara. Lara followed him out of the room .

"We've been to doctor Armstrongs and there's no sign of anything " he informed Lara

"Send someone back there and check out the house for missing clothes and that , and if it appears shes done a runner then I want you to call me straight away , do you hear me " she warned

Lara returned to the interrogation room where she was greeted by a hopeful expression on Angelo's face.

"OK we can't be sure right now but it looks as if Rachels done a runner" Lara informed her.

"If she has . We won't let her get away " she promised him....

"Please , just let me in " Martha pleaded with Jack

"I'm sorry but you have obviously mistaken me with someone else" Jack replied

"Look can you tell me where you where 6 years ago " Martha probed

"I was here " he answered her without hesitation

"Jack you weren't because you were married to me " Martha began to get upset

" It was me and you , don't you remember we got married in august 2008 "

"You have got to remember that " she begged him

"Look I dont know who you are or where you come from but I do not know you . I've tried to be nice about it but you are really starting to get on my nerves. So please go , I don't ever wana see you again . Is that clear " he began to get angry

"You know what I thought you were dead and I would be so much better off thinking it as well " she yelled as she stormed off.......

Martha plucks up the courage to tell Roman about Jacks return from the grave..... But how will he react....

Its make or break time for Rachel as the police close in on her .....

Martha makes a decision on whether she should go ahead with her and Roman's wedding....

Charlie returns and demands to know everything........ But will she find out everything.........

Thank you Laura , Red Ranger, Lino , Sarah , Barbara , Kirsty and Kaiya for all your comments :)

Chapter 18

Martha walked through the front door of her home in a daze and not noticing any of her surroundings

"Martha " Roman looked at her suspiciously

"mummy " Jack came running down the stairs from his room and threw his arms around her

Martha bent down and kissed him and held him tightly

Roman was beginning to get worried as he realised something serious was going on

"Come on buddy , its time for you to go to bed " Roman tried to get Jack out of the way so he could talk to Martha

"Night mummy and daddy " Jack smiled as he made his way up the stairs

Martha stood at the bottom of the stairs and her eyes following Jack till he dissappeared from her vision.

Roman looked at her and sighed

"Oh no its the cancer isn't it " He became frantic with worry

"Its terminal isn't it " he continued

"No , its not the cancer " Martha spoke her first words since arriving back home

"What is it then " Roman probed

"How can I tell him this " she wondered

"Look whatever it is we'll get through this together " he promised her

Martha looked into Roman's eyes

"Its Jack " she admitted

"What about Jack , is there something going on in the school with him " he babbled

"No . Not our Jack . My husband Jack" she stated

"I knew you had feelings for him . I just knew it . But hey how can I compete with a corpse" he seethed

Martha just couldn't find the words to explain to him that Jack was not in fact dead so she just opened her mouth and the words just spilled out

"Jack's not dead.Hes alive " she cried

"You what " Roman was so lost. He didn't have a clue what she was saying

"Martha are you feeling OK , do you want to sit down " he tried to calm her

"No im fine. Jack is alive . " she piped up .

"Ok if he's alive then where is he " he demanded answers

"He's married to someone else and he claims he doesn't know who I am " she teared up

"OK then I'd like to see him " he announced

"Roman " Martha caught his hand

"I am serious " she reassured him

Roman finally believed Martha's ludicrous claims

"and what does this mean for us " he quietly asked

"What do you mean " she didn't understand

"It's Jack Martha . Don't tell me that you haven't got any feelings for him " he told her

"No " she hesitated

" I am in love with you Roman , and we're getting married. You me and the kids are a family"she comforted him

Roman finally for the 1st time in his relationship with Martha he felt like her number one......

"Ok hunny lets go , its time for us to get on the plane" Rachel half heartedly smiled at Tasha

She sat up and approached the gateway with Tasha's hand in hers

Rachel glanced out the window when she saw 4 police cars pull up and police jumped out of the cars

She then gasped for air and rushed towards the gateway and handed the woman their tickets and passports.

They walked into the tunnel and she felt as if everybody was staring at her as they made her way onto the plane.

A few moments later Rachel was sat in her seat next to Tasha and she was shaking with fear just waiting for the cops to overrun the plane.

Suddenly Rachel couldn't believe it when the plane started to move and then they began to pick up speed.

"Were going " Rachel stammered as the plane set off into the skies and as she looked out the window she saw her future with her daughter....

"I missed you " Angelo hugged Charlie tight when Charlie finally returned home from her extended trip to Morag and Ross's

"I missed you too " she replied

"Have you heard about Rachel " he asked her

"What about her " Charlie wondered

"Oh you've not heard . She killed Hugo last night " he explained to a baffled Charlie

"Woah , no way " she was astonished

"where is she now " Charlie was worried for Rachel

"I think shes run away with Tasha " he continued

"See this is what happens while im away " she smiled

"I love you so much Charlie " Angelo prefessed his love

"and I love you too "

and then Angelo could see a happy future for himself and Charlie now seeing as Rachel was gone and didn't look like she was coming back.....

Roman confronts Jack...

Martha comes up with an idea to help Jack regain his memory....

Mattie finally tells Cassie why shes pretending to be pregnant...

Thank you for all the comments guys :) there all greatly appreciated :)

Chapter 19

"Grandad" Martha sobbed as she fell into Alf's arms

"How can I get him to remember" she was desperate

"What about Lucas , isn't there any way of contacting him.He could be anywhere on the planet.Or even dead" she ran away with herself

"Theres nothing you can do love " he attempted to comfort her

"But its Jack . The love of my life" she cried

"I'm sorry to be the one to have to say this love but he isn't your Jack anymore " Alf tried to explain

She looked up into his eyes , her eyes filled with tears.

"I know " she admitted

"I've spent so long trying to let go of my feelings for him and just when I finally felt like I was starting to move on he comes catapulting back into my life" she continued

"The pain that I've felt over losing Jack was something I've never felt in my whole life...." .She paused

"Since..." she began

"Since what love " Alf didn't know what she was talking about

"Well since I lost my baby" she admitted

"Oh I know love " he replied

"No you don't grandad" she looked at him

"I've only ever told Jack this " she breathed

She reached for her handbag and put her hand into the side pocket where she took a photograph of a newborn baby out and handed it to Alf

"Who is it love " Alf asked when he didn't recognize the baby

"Shes my daughter" Martha declared.........

"Im here to speak to your husband " Roman announced

"How can I help you " Katie asked

"I'm a friend of Martha's " Roman told her

"Please leave , my husband has been upset enough today" katie demanded as she tried to shut the door but Roman obstructed the door with his foot.

"Hey , whats your problem " Jack yelled as he came down the stairs

"What do you want " he grunted

"I need to have a word " Roman answered him

"I'll only be 5 minutes" Roman promised

Jack looked at Katie and eventually agreed to see Roman

"Can you give us 5 minutes Katie" Jask asked

Katie turned and closed the front door and left them both to it

"So Jack..."Roman started

"My names peter thank you "Jack corrected him

"I've just come to tell you to stay the hell away from Martha d'ya hear me " Roman warned him

"Try telling her that " Jack defended himself

"Whats it to you anyway" Jack asked

"Well were getting married next week " Roman informed him

"If she comes near you , you tell her to leave" Roman repeated

As Roman turned to leave he was stopped in his tracks when Jack began to speak to him

"Look mate if your not enough for your missus then you obviously have a problem" Jack laughed

Roman turned to face Jack and grabbed him and pinned him up against the wall.

"Don't you ever speak like that to me again" Roman exploded

"Get off me " Jack tried to break free

"You just keep away from her or I will make you pay" Roman made himself clear before he left go of him.

Roman once again turned to leave when Jack caught his shoulder, turned him around and punched him straight in the mouth knocking Roman to the floor.

Jack shook his hand from the pain of the punch whilst Roman pulled himself up from the ground

Jack turned around and ebtered his house. Roman walked to his van with his lip bleeding and he didn't know what to do next

"How can I marry Martha with this hanging over us" he thought to himself

"If he remembers everything then he will want Martha back.But will she want him back" he wondered.......

"Cassie I'm so sorry " Mattie cried

"Do the doctors know how long you've got " she sobbed

"No not yet " Cassie replied

"OK Mattie enough about me, I wana know why you are pretending to be pregnant" Cassie asked

"Oh it's a long story" Mattie brushed her off

"Well I've got all day " Cassie looked back at her

Mattie let out a sigh of fear as she began to pour out all her and Ric's secrets to her one time best friend.

"Well last year I fell pregnant and a couple of months later I suffered severe complications and I needed to have a hyeterectomy" mattie tried to fight back the tears

Cassie grabbed Mattie's hand as she continued to explain

"Me and Ric then began to drift apart and for weeks we fought and fought until one night he stormed off and stayed out all night" she continued

"Turns out he spent the night with another woman" she cried

Cassie could'nt believe her ears .She couldn't believe Ric would do that to Mattie again after everything that happened with himself and Viv.

"Then a couple of weeks had passed and you know we really started to get on brilliantly again ,I was so happy" she admitted

"Then one day Ric came home to tell me that he'd slept with someone else and she'd gotten pregnant."

"I couldn't believe it at first " she confessed to Cassie

"she said she was having an abortion and that was it " she said

"That was until she heard about my situation. As soon as she knew we couldn't have a baby of our own she offered to sell hers to us " she finally admitted

Cassie gasped for air and bagen to cry. She put her arm's around Mattie and held her tightly

"Thank you so much for telling me " Cassie gushed

"When's she due " Cassie smiled

"Actually shes due in 8 weeks " Mattie grinned

She was so happy that she was finally going to become a mother.

"Well myself and Ric have decided that we're going to go back to Perth when the babys born and we'll tell everyone she had the baby in Perth and we'll be coming back here " she informed Cassie of her plans

"I can't wait " Cassie tried to stay positive in the wake of her recent diagnosis

Mattie started into her friend's eyes and she could clearly see the pain in here eyes

"I will be here to see this baby " cassie tried her best to reassure her

"I really hope so because your the godmother" Mattie announced

Cassie froze for a couple of seconds and her lips began to quiver and the tears rolled down her face

"Thank you" she sobbed, and the friends held each other tight...

Martha reveals her baby secret......

Charlie recieves some mysterious prank phone calls........

Martha demands to know what happened to Roman's split lip. Will he confess ?

Jack begins to have nightmares.......

Thank you for all the comments guys :) there all greatly appreciated :)

Chapter 19

"Grandad" Martha sobbed as she fell into Alf's arms

"How can I get him to remember" she was desperate

"What about Lucas , isn't there any way of contacting him.He could be anywhere on the planet.Or even dead" she ran away with herself

"Theres nothing you can do love " he attempted to comfort her

"But its Jack . The love of my life" she cried

"I'm sorry to be the one to have to say this love but he isn't your Jack anymore " Alf tried to explain

She looked up into his eyes , her eyes filled with tears.

"I know " she admitted

"I've spent so long trying to let go of my feelings for him and just when I finally felt like I was starting to move on he comes catapulting back into my life" she continued

"The pain that I've felt over losing Jack was something I've never felt in my whole life...." .She paused

"Since..." she began

"Since what love " Alf didn't know what she was talking about

"Well since I lost my baby" she admitted

"Oh I know love " he replied

"No you don't grandad" she looked at him

"I've only ever told Jack this " she breathed

She reached for her handbag and put her hand into the side pocket where she took a photograph of a newborn baby out and handed it to Alf

"Who is it love " Alf asked when he didn't recognize the baby

"Shes my daughter" Martha declared.........

"Im here to speak to your husband " Roman announced

"How can I help you " Katie asked

"I'm a friend of Martha's " Roman told her

"Please leave , my husband has been upset enough today" katie demanded as she tried to shut the door but Roman obstructed the door with his foot.

"Hey , whats your problem " Jack yelled as he came down the stairs

"What do you want " he grunted

"I need to have a word " Roman answered him

"I'll only be 5 minutes" Roman promised

Jack looked at Katie and eventually agreed to see Roman

"Can you give us 5 minutes Katie" Jask asked

Katie turned and closed the front door and left them both to it

"So Jack..."Roman started

"My names peter thank you "Jack corrected him

"I've just come to tell you to stay the hell away from Martha d'ya hear me " Roman warned him

"Try telling her that " Jack defended himself

"Whats it to you anyway" Jack asked

"Well were getting married next week " Roman informed him

"If she comes near you , you tell her to leave" Roman repeated

As Roman turned to leave he was stopped in his tracks when Jack began to speak to him

"Look mate if your not enough for your missus then you obviously have a problem" Jack laughed

Roman turned to face Jack and grabbed him and pinned him up against the wall.

"Don't you ever speak like that to me again" Roman exploded

"Get off me " Jack tried to break free

"You just keep away from her or I will make you pay" Roman made himself clear before he left go of him.

Roman once again turned to leave when Jack caught his shoulder, turned him around and punched him straight in the mouth knocking Roman to the floor.

Jack shook his hand from the pain of the punch whilst Roman pulled himself up from the ground

Jack turned around and ebtered his house. Roman walked to his van with his lip bleeding and he didn't know what to do next

"How can I marry Martha with this hanging over us" he thought to himself

"If he remembers everything then he will want Martha back.But will she want him back" he wondered.......

"Cassie I'm so sorry " Mattie cried

"Do the doctors know how long you've got " she sobbed

"No not yet " Cassie replied

"OK Mattie enough about me, I wana know why you are pretending to be pregnant" Cassie asked

"Oh it's a long story" Mattie brushed her off

"Well I've got all day " Cassie looked back at her

Mattie let out a sigh of fear as she began to pour out all her and Ric's secrets to her one time best friend.

"Well last year I fell pregnant and a couple of months later I suffered severe complications and I needed to have a hyeterectomy" mattie tried to fight back the tears

Cassie grabbed Mattie's hand as she continued to explain

"Me and Ric then began to drift apart and for weeks we fought and fought until one night he stormed off and stayed out all night" she continued

"Turns out he spent the night with another woman" she cried

Cassie could'nt believe her ears .She couldn't believe Ric would do that to Mattie again after everything that happened with himself and Viv.

"Then a couple of weeks had passed and you know we really started to get on brilliantly again ,I was so happy" she admitted

"Then one day Ric came home to tell me that he'd slept with someone else and she'd gotten pregnant."

"I couldn't believe it at first " she confessed to Cassie

"she said she was having an abortion and that was it " she said

"That was until she heard about my situation. As soon as she knew we couldn't have a baby of our own she offered to sell hers to us " she finally admitted

Cassie gasped for air and bagen to cry. She put her arm's around Mattie and held her tightly

"Thank you so much for telling me " Cassie gushed

"When's she due " Cassie smiled

"Actually shes due in 8 weeks " Mattie grinned

She was so happy that she was finally going to become a mother.

"Well myself and Ric have decided that we're going to go back to Perth when the babys born and we'll tell everyone she had the baby in Perth and we'll be coming back here " she informed Cassie of her plans

"I can't wait " Cassie tried to stay positive in the wake of her recent diagnosis

Mattie started into her friend's eyes and she could clearly see the pain in here eyes

"I will be here to see this baby " cassie tried her best to reassure her

"I really hope so because your the godmother" Mattie announced

Cassie froze for a couple of seconds and her lips began to quiver and the tears rolled down her face

"Thank you" she sobbed, and the friends held each other tight...

Martha reveals her baby secret......

Charlie recieves some mysterious prank phone calls........

Martha demands to know what happened to Roman's split lip. Will he confess ?

Jack begins to have nightmares.......

Thank you guys for the comments :)

Chapter 20

"I was 13 when I fell pregnant and didn't have her till a few weeks after my 14th birthday" Martha began to explain to a shocked Alf

"What happened to her love "Alf gasped

Martha paused for a couple of seconds and looked down the her daughter in the photograph.

"I gave her away" she eventually admitted

"To who " he probed

"I don't know , my mum and dad took care of it " she informed him

"They told me I was too young and I couldn't have her "she cried

"My parents . The two people in my life who are supposed to love me and they took my baby " she sobbed

"didn't you ever try to find her " he asked

"No. She died when she was a few months old " she announced

"She was my baby . My own flesh and blood and she died in the arms of a stranger " she wailed

Alf put his arms around her and held her tightly as she cried.

"Shh now love everythings gona be alright " he comforted her

"Grandad you must promise me you can never tell this to anybody " she warned

"Of course not love " he assured her

"I didn't mean to dump all this on you tonight grandad " she apologised

"No love , it makes me happy that you know that I'm here for whenever you need to talk" he smiled

Martha looked at her watched and breathed a sigh

"Where's Roman got to at this hour " she frowned

"Maybe he just got caught up and lost all track of time" Alf suggested

At that moment Roman slowly came through the door

"Speak of the devil" Alf smiled

"Where have you been " she challenged , then she noticed his cut lip

"What happened to your mouth " she exaggerated

"Oh nothing , I tripped and smacked my mouth off a tree thats all" he lied

"Oh well if your sure " she hinted

"Look love I better be heading home now , but I'll see you tomorrow . Bye Roman " Alf waved goodbye as he left the house

Martha looked to see that the photograph of her baby daughter was sitting on the chair and she quickly rushed over to pick it up while Roman's back was facing her.She hurriedly picked it up and put it back in her handbag.

Roman was standing bent over at the mantlepiece with his hands resting on top.when martha came to him from behind and put her arms around him and kissed his neck

"Guess who" she whispered

"Mrs Harris ?" he guessed

"You got me " she smiled as he turned around to face her

"Martha you do love me don't you " he hesitated

"Of course I do . Where's this coming from ?" she was confused

"Oh nevermind , this time next week we will be Mr and Mrs Harris " he grinned

"Oh yes . Martha Harris , hmm I can't see the ring to that " she laughed and they both fell on the chair laughing

.It was the only thing Martha could do to escape all her troubles as secretly all her worries whirled around in her head.She felt like she was drowning and thought that if she steamed towards her wedding to Roman then everything would be OK but she knew deep down that Jack Holden was still the keeper of her heart and now she began to believe that the reason for her love for Jack not dying out was because he never really died in the first place.She didn't even consider Roman or his feelings.Would she hurt him or make him the happiest man alive ?.....

"Jack ,Jack , oh god jack. Mate wake up wake up Jack Jack Jack aww Jack" Jack heard a voice call out as he tossed and turned in his bed

"Everythings gona be alright" Another voice entered his head , this time he recognized it as his wifes voice.Then he saw her standing up whilst he was on the ground in an unknown location and she was wearing a paramedics uniform and there was a man standing next to her.

Suddenly he was in a church and was marrying a woman he had never seen in his life and surrounded by a lot of people he'd never even seen.He woke with a jump and rubbed the sweat that was covering his face.He looked around to see where he was and when he saw that he was in bed next to his wife he sighed and lay back down but couldn't stop thinking about his dream.

"Maybe I'm only dreaming about someone called Jack because these people think I am Jack " he concluded and went back to sleep....

The hone rang and Charlie ran to the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello " Charlie answered , but there was no response

"Hello is there anybody there " she repeated

But there was nobody on the other line so she just hung up

She returned to the living room where she was having a quiet night in with Angelo and sharing a bottle of wine.

"Who was it ?" Angelo asked

"I must've just missed it " she shrugged her shoulders

"Now where were we" she smiled as she climbed onto Angelo and kissed him slowly.

"This is fun" he grinned

The phone rang again and Charlie groaned

"Grr , I swear this better be good" she wasn't happy as she returned to the kitchen

"Hello ? " she politely answered the phone but again she got nothing

"Look please stop ringing this phone" she moaned as she hung up aggressively.

She brought the phone with her this time because there was no way in hell she was getting back up off the sofa

"Wow someone really doesn't want us to have a nice night " she joked

"yeah tell me about it " he agreed

"Maybe 3rd time lucky " she laughed

"Hope so " he smiled

The phone rang again and Charlie became really agitated at this stage

Angelo answered the phone this time

"Hello " he spoke

"Aren't you gona speak" he taunted

"Is your girlfriend sick of answering the phone " a voice replied

"Who is this " Angelo shuddered as he sat up

"Look this isn't funny " he warned

"Charlie's looking hot tonight" the voice hissed

Angelo looked at Charlie with fear in his eyes.

"Whats up Angelo" Charlie begged

"I'm a cop and I can have you arrested for stalking you know" he grunted

Charlie stood up and walked towards the window and searched the darkness for a sign of movement

"Oh does she think shes gona find me out there" the voice laughed

"Look whoever this is it's not very funny" he yelled down the phone and suddenly the person on the other line hung up.

"there's someone says they can see us " Angelo panted

There was a huge bang on the front door which made Charlie jump, she ran and grabbed on to Angelo.

"I'm scared " she whispered

Who is stalking Charlie and Angelo ???

Martha and Roman's wedding is fast approaching but is Martha sure Roman's the man for her ......

Jack has questions for Katie.....

Comments please :)

Archived