A Summer Bay Wedding

Guest TelephotoMarigold

She woke up in the early hours and slipped downstairs. The tv was on but he was fast asleep on the sofa. She fetched her drink from the fridge and clicked the tv off. She sat next to him and stroked his hair from his face.

“Hey!” He mumbled still half asleep.

“I’m mad at you but not this mad.” She told him.

He smiled.

“I was watching a film and thought I’d give you some space.” He said. “What time is it?”

“Early. Come to bed.” She told him.

She leaned down and kissed him.

He smiled.

“Ok.” he said.

She stood up and held out her hand to him. He took it and climbed up of the sofa. He put his other hand to the back of his neck and rubbed it. He must have been sleeping at a funny angle, he thought with a sigh.

She held his hand all the way up the stairs and into the bedroom.

He grinned looking down at their joint hands.

“Ella.” He said softly.

“What?” she smiled at him.

“I love you.” He said.

She grinned.

“I’m still not saying them back.” She said.

He kissed her hand before he let go of it and took his clothes off diving under the covers naked. She pealed of the bathrobe and climbed in the other side clicking off the light.

It hadn’t been what he was going to say at all but asking her if she were still unhappy would have ruined the temporary truce they seem to have and quite frankly she was smiling at him and that was amazing.

He tried to keep to his side of the bed but found that he rolled towards her.

She sighed at him and pulled his arm around her.

“Now go to sleep.” She told him.

He kissed the back of her neck and closed his eyes.

After a few minutes she poked him in the ribs.

“I meant all of you.”

He grinned and kissed the back of her neck again.

“We missed you.” He said.

“And do you often refer to that as another person?” she asked grinning.

“Not usually. But it does seem to have a mind of its own tonight.” He told her.

“Well it needs to go take a cold shower. I’m not in the mood.”

He chuckled.

“The amount of times you’ve told me that and then you change your mind.” He said.

She sat up and pulled away from him.

“Get back downstairs.” She hissed.

“Wow.” He said. “I can’t even talk to you anymore.” He muttered.

She pulled away from him and stood up.

“Elizabeth.” He said quickly, losing his temper.

She stopped and looked at him.

He stood up and pulled on his bathrobe.

“Sit down.” He instructed.

He walked over and switched on the overhead light.

She blinked and moved to the wicker chair in the corner, sitting slowly.

“Right lets get a few things straight shall we.” He began.

She looked at him and crossed her legs before folding her arms across her chest.

“If you are unhappy then we will do something about it. You are not leaving me. I have missed being with you the past few nights and obviously being with you in bed has an affect on my body that I can’t really control with just thought alone. Planning Nic’s wedding and buying their house has been stressful and I am sorry that we are dealing with that on top of a difficult pregnancy and trying to get used to being together.” He said in rush.

He looked at her before continuing.

“We are not the same people we were back then we’ve both changed and you’ve become spoilt by being on your own for a lot of the time. You are used to getting your way and you can’t always have that in a relationship.”

He sank down on the bed.

“Have you finished?” she asked patiently.

He looked at her.

“Yes.”

“So I have permission to go use the bathroom now?” she said.

“You were going to the bathroom?” he asked grimacing.

She nodded.

She stood up and began walking across the bedroom on the way to the bathroom before turning and pressing a quick kiss on his lips.

“But it’s good that you can share.” She told him.

She came back a moment later and climbed back into bed.

He switched off the main light and got in beside her.

“Christopher and I were together for 3 years, we lived together for a year when his job moved to California. When we split up I came back to Australia and set up my studio. I told you I first met Dane when we took Suzanne to hospital for her treatments but it wasn’t until I bumped into Dane again after a few years of intermittent emails and letters. We got together and I lived with him for a year. His place was set up for him being in a wheelchair and I would have to stay at the studio on weekends we had Mike. It wasn’t ideal and when it came down to looking for a place that we could kit out together it was more or less over. We tried hard. He even proposed but we knew that it was the end. And I was heartbroken.” She took a breath. “After that I made it about me and Mike for a long time because I didn’t want to get hurt. Maybe you are right and I am selfish about getting my own way because I haven’t been able to make any other relationship work.”

He sighed.

“Ok.” he said softly. “In order. Firstly I am sorry that you were hurt. Secondly I know you aren’t selfish, maybe a little stubborn sometimes yes, but not selfish.” He said.

She looked at him.

“And thirdly?” she asked.

He grinned at her.

“It’s thirdly and fourthly together.”

“Yes?” she asked warily.

“Would you like to make love and I’ve got the girl.” He said.

She chuckled.

“No. I need some sleep and I would just like to cuddle.” She told him.

He smiled and pulled her into his arms. She reached over and clicked off her light.

“Ella I love you.” He said softly.

She patted his hand.

“Love you too.” She mumbled half asleep.

Nic woke up from a bad dream.

“Hey Princess.” Geoff said from a chair by the bed.

“Geoff?” she asked softly.

“Yes. I didn’t climb in your window because it’s like really high. You dad let me in late last night I thought you might need a cuddle or this?” he said and handed her a white rose with a pink frosting to the edge.

She gasped.

He placed the rose beside her bed and climbed in next to her fully dressed.

She put her arms around him and held him to her.

“You are the best you know.” She told him tears in her eyes.

He grinned.

“I know I’m not Aden and I’m not your Dad and maybe I’m too serious half the time but I love you Nicole Franklin Harris soon to be Campbell.” He told her.

She smiled.

“I love you as you are, you know. I loved you when you were all like the Bible and no sex and stubborn and had no sense of humour at all and I love this you. I’ve seen you change and be hurt and keep that wonderful faith of yours through it all. And when my dad wasn’t around you were. When I was hurt you were still there. You didn’t judge me with all the stupid stuff I was doing, you was there. The amount of times we nearly kissed. The amount of times I could just look into your eyes and know that no matter what I did you would still be my friend. I want you Geoffrey Campbell. I love you and I love the way you touch my body and make me feel clean and whole. I want nothing more than to make love to you but I want you to know that I respect that you are a Christian and that means no sex before marriage.” She took a deep breath. “I know that some things have changed for you and that yes you have been sexually active but when I’m with you I want our past to disappear. I want the vow I worship with my body to mean something to us.”

“Wow Nic, thank you.” he said taken aback by the outpouring, it was the first time she had been able to tell him what she meant.

He kissed her long and slow.

“Are you trying to persuade me differently?” she asked.

“With just one kiss?” he said.

She smiled a slow satisfied smile.

“Oh, you can a lot with those lips of yours.” She told him.

They both blushed.

Roman cooked breakfast. He made scrambled eggs and toast for Ruby, Bacon and fried eggs for Geoff and Nic. French toast for Ella and for himself he wanted an omelette. He wondered idly if after Nic moved out whether the bridesmaid did too and then told himself off for being grumpy.

He took their breakfasts upstairs on a tray and went into the bedroom.

“Do you have coffee?” the lump under the bedclothes asked.

“No.” he replied.

“K.” she said and slowly crawled upright.

She put the pillows up and sat back against them.

“Your breakfast as ordered.” He said.

He put the tray on her lap and climbed back in bed with her.

She picked at the food for a while but took a long drink of the milkshake she begged for him to make her. Not that he wouldn’t have got her it anyway, but it was nice to hear her voice in that gentle tone almost whispering promises to him.

“Ice cream?” she asked.

He grinned.

“I thought you could do with the extra calories.”

“What have you got?” she asked.

“An omelette with cheese and chives.” He told her.

Her eyes lit up and he lowered his plate so she could try some.

She grinned at him.

“Didn’t you fancy bacon this morning?” she asked him.

He laughed.

“No I knew whatever I had you’d want some of.”

She laughed.

With a sigh she turned her attention back to her plate and tried to finish it. He looked at her for a long moment before switching plates.

She chuckled.

“Are we going to tell them about the house now?” she asked.

He laughed.

“How did you know that Geoff was here?” he asked her.

She smiled.

“I have my ways you know.”

She leaned over and kissed him.

“Thank you.” She said and put the cleared plate on the tray with her empty glass. She looked over at his plate. He lowered it and she speared some of her original breakfast and ate it.

“See it just tastes so much nicer when it is someone else’s breakfast.” She said with a grin.

“Ella I love you.” He said seriously.

She looked over at him.

“I love you too.” She said.

“Are you still unhappy?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“I think it was all the Mike stuff at the weekend. Brought up a load of memories. I told you in my studio I still have my photography but it’s not as important as this and this.” She placed her hand on her bump on the second this. “I think I felt a bit tied down by everything too.”

She sat up straighter and took the empty plate from him and put it on the tray which she’d placed on her bedside table.

She took hold of his hand.

“I knew when I saw you again that there was something between us and after you ordered me to marry you well I couldn’t really refuse.”

Roman grinned over at her.

“It wasn’t an order I just didn’t phrase it like a question.” He said softly.

She smiled.

“Anyway can we tell them about the house?” she asked.

“We can if you calm down.” He said.

She kissed him and climbed out of bed.

She took a step and felt the word suddenly swirling.

“Roman.” She managed to gasp out as she slid to the floor. She put out her hand and knocked the tray so the breakfast plates fell too, crashing to the floor and breaking.

Roman vaulted out of the bed and came round to her side. He looked at her and saw how pale she was. She felt freezing cold too. He lifted her on to the bed and tried to wake her. He looked up and saw Nic in the doorway.

“Phone Rachel for me Nic.” He said softly.

She reached for her Dad’s phone and dialled.

“Rachel its Nic, Ella has collapsed again and Dad can’t wake her.” she said into the phone.

“Dad. She said take her straight to the hospital.” Nic said. “Thanks Rachel.” She hung up and went to sit with Ella while her dad got some clothes. He disappeared into the bathroom and got dressed taking only a matter of minutes before carrying a still unconscious Ella to the car. He felt a strange sense of calm.

Within minutes he was at the hospital and he met Rachel at the entrance. She got Ella inside and into an examination room and onto a bed. Roman waited outside the room for the longest time. Eventually Rachel came out and sat next to him.

“I want to keep her in for a few days. She isn’t well and I’m being optimistic about the pregnancy but you have to be prepared,” she told him.

“Rachel she is doing everything you tell her. Eating, even when it makes her sick to her stomach. Resting until she is so bored she is ready to scream. She’s taking every vitamin tablet there is.” He told her.

Rachel nodded.

“I know. And it is the worst thing to lose a baby.” She confided in him. “I know how much Ella wants this baby, but at the end of the day some things just aren’t meant to be.”

Roman lowered his head.

“She said something similar when she was telling me what happened when she had the first miscarriage.” He said softly.

Rachel nodded.

“And that does hurt for a long time but eventually it gets better and it becomes a comfort.” She said.

He looked up and pulled himself together before going into the room.

“Hey.” She said softly.

“Hey.” He grinned. “Can you please stop doing this to me? I’ve just been offered a personalised parking place.”

She grinned at him and held her hand out to him.

“I love you for trying not to let me know how worried you are.” She told him.

He smiled slowly.

“What things do you need from home?” he asked.

“Are you offering to pack me a suitcase again?” she smiled at him.

He grinned.

“Maybe.” He said.

She pulled on his hand and he stepped closer.

“It wasn’t because of this weekend so I don’t want you or Mike or Nic to feel guilty ok.” she said blinking back tears. “We just might not make it is all.” She said putting her hand on the bump.

He bent his head.

She put her hand on his down turned head and stroked his hair before putting her hand on his cheek and caressing it. He lifted his head and looked at her.

“Tell Nic that I’ve asked to stay in because I need to rest.” She said. “Oh I’m sure you’ll find the words, just please don’t let her worry. She might come to you to tell you something. If she does please hold her.” she told him, tears falling down her face. “We’re tired so I need some sleep.” She said softly. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He said.

“I know.” She whispered. “I really wanted our baby.” She told him.

He kissed her.

“We have to be strong.” He said.

She nodded tiredly.

“I really want our baby.” She corrected using the present tense.

He kissed her before he left her to sleep and drove home.

He walked in and saw Nic.

She saw the expression on his face and went over and held him.

“She’s resting. Rachel thought it might be a good idea to get some decent sleep so Ella decided to stay in for a bit. The baby is fine.” He said to her.

Nic pulled back and looked at him.

“Nice try Dad.” She told him.

“Yeah, but don’t let Ella know we haven’t fooled you.” He grimaced.

Nic chuckled.

“I’ve got to take some things into the city. I’ll visit her when I get back.” Nic told him.

He nodded.

“We cleaned up the stuff in the bedroom by the way.” Nic said.

Roman nodded again.

“Thank you Nic.” He said.

He walked up the stairs and she sighed before heading out. She hoped he wouldn’t miss his wallet for a while.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nic went into the boutique where they got the wedding dress. She walked to the counter and waited to be served.

“Yes madam.” A rather snooty assistant said to her.

It made Nic glad she had worn her Jimmy Choos, borrowed one of Ella’s designer outfits and handbags.

“Yes I think you can help me.” She said in her best Natalie voice.

Nic placed the carrier with the wedding dress in on the top, with the shoes and lastly the veil and tiara.

“These were bought here a few weeks ago and I wish to return them.” Nic said.

“You’ll have to discuss this with the manager.” She was told.

“Then be a good little shop person and go get her.” Nic said and for a second wondered what she would say in few weeks when she started working in a shop if someone was as rude to her.

She waited for a good few minutes before the shop manager joined her.

“I understand there is a problem.” The manager began.

Nic inspected her nails.

“I’m sorry there isn’t a problem I’m simply returning some items.” Nic said in her princess voice.

She paced over to the chair and sat down clicking the heel of one shoe on the floor. She saw that both the manager and the shop assistant had noticed the designer shoes, just as she intended.

“We have decided on a wedding in the Caribbean and as such the dress will no longer be appropriate. Daddy said take it back and have a look for something else.” She invented wildly. “Do you do that type of dress here?” she asked the manager.

The manager nodded.

“I’m sure we can accommodate madam.” She said changing her attitude.

Nicole grinned.

“Then thank you.” She said.

She saw the assistant check the dress and saw that the original label was still attached. She then looked at the shoes checking that hey hadn’t been worn.

Nic pulled out her phone and made it look like she wasn’t interested in what was going on.

“Everything seems to be in order. We need the card these items were purchased on to effect the refund.”

Nic reached into her handbag and pulled out her Gucci purse. Opening it she flashed all of her dad's credit cards and all of Ella’s. She hoped it made it look like she had a serious shopping habit.

“I think it’s this one.” She said. “It’s my dad’s bank card.” She murmured.

She saw their eyes light up at money sitting in a bank account to pay for a designer wedding dress.

They refunded the $20,0000 cost of the wedding dress and accessories. And she collected the receipt with the credit information on it and the bankcard.

She turned to the manager and was just about to say something when her phone rang.

“Excuse me.” She said answering the call,

“Hello.” she said to Annie.

She pretended to listen to something incredibly interesting and wandered out of the shop.

She carried on walking before saying.

“That so worked Annie you are a genius,”

Annie came over to her.

“What did I say?” she said with a grin and clicked her phone shut as Nic clicked hers closed. They carried on walking to meet Ruby.

“Now what wedding dress are you going to buy?” Ruby asked.

Nic grinned.

“I’m not I’m going to make one.” She said.

She walked to the escalators and went up a floor before going into a haberdashery shop. She walked over and picked out three different bolts of material, followed by selecting the sequins and cottons and silks for sowing. She found crystal beads and added those to the pile before paying for them.

They each took a bag and carried them out.

“Ok we need a shoe shop.” Nic said. “I have an idea for our shoes. Belle has told me what size Amy-belle takes.” She checked her purse. “Hopefully it won’t cost too much I’m about out of money.”

Ruby grinned and pulled some out of her pocket.

Nic grinned.

“Aren’t you supposed to be broke?” she asked.

Ruby nodded.

“Annie and me played pool last night.” Ruby said.

Annie grinned.

“I’m so bad at pool.” She said.

Nic shook her head.

“I’m still confused.”

Annie laughed.

“We played these guys who thought they could chat us up and well they beat us a bit but then they wanted to bet on the game.” Annie said.

“That was the bit where she remembered she wasn’t so bad.” Ruby said.

Nic gasped.

“You hustlers.” She said laughing.

They went into the first shoe shop and Nic saw what she wanted straight away.

“Ballerina slippers?” Ruby said. “You not getting married in designer high heels?”

Nic grinned,

“They will be designer just not high heels.” She said. “I’m going to customise them.”

Annie laughed.

She selected a pair in her size and Annie did likewise. Ruby grinned and did the same. Before they went to the children’s area and selected a similar pair for Amy-Belle.

They went over to the till to pay for them. Collecting the bags and walking back out of the store.

“How about some lunch?” Nic asked.

“Yes, at the diner.” Annie said.

Ruby laughed.

“Yeah.” She said in agreement.

“I take it that means we are broke.” Nic said.

“Not quite.”

“But I like the diner.” Annie said in defence of the small eatery in Summer Bay.

Nic smiled.

“Come on.” She said.

She drove them back to the diner and they went inside.

Roman was cooking and he came out when he heard Nic’s voice.

“Any idea what happened to my wallet Nic?” he asked her.

She grinned.

“I picked it up by mistake.” She said handing it over, now with all the cards put back in it.

“Really?” he said. “Would that be when you put on Ella’s designer clothes and stole her handbag?” he asked.

“Round about then.” She confirmed.

He leaned over to her.

“I trust that you haven’t done anything silly.” He said and surprised her by kissing her on her forehead.

She looked at Ruby and Annie and grinned.

“Ok, I really wish I’d spent his money if he has been like possessed by a friendly alien.” She said to them and they laughed.

Nic walked into Ella’s hospital room carrying a blue plastic crate, walking backward through the door. She placed it on a chair by her bed and waited for her to wake up.

“Hello Step mama.” Nic said.

“Hey daughter.” Ells replied. “What’s all this?” she asked.

“I’m going to keep you company.” Nic told her “And you are going to help me.”

Nic pulled the table toward her and set up the glue, sequins and ribbon. She added scissors, needle and cotton. Then opening a bag she pulled out one of Amy-Belle shoes.

“This is what I’ve done.” She said.

Ella laughed at her.

“Very creative.” She said with a smile.

“Yes isn’t it?” she asked. “Now you are going to help me with the rest of them. I’ve drawn out the pattern on all of the shoes. The ribbon is pre-cut. All you have to do is glue the sequins on and sow the ribbon to the back.”

Ella nodded. She pressed the button and raised the hospital bed.

“I’ve checked and this glue is safe for ladies in your condition.” Nic told her.

She handed her a pair of shoes and Ella applied the glue before picking up sequins with tweezers and pressing them on.

“I should tell you I took back that really expensive wedding dress.” Nic told her. “I’m making my dress.”

“Why?” Ella asked.

“Because I felt guilty about it being your money. You’ve done so much for me without spending all that money.” She explained.

“Nic, I can afford it.” she told her.

Nic nodded.

“Mike said something about you being a gazzilionaire and I figured that meant you were quite rich.”

Ella laughed.

“Not quite.”

“Uh huh, well I’ve seen your studio and your wardrobe of designer gear. So I know you don’t have to worry about money but that isn’t really the point. You are precious to me Ella and I want you to know I respect you not just the money bit.”

Ella listened to her and burst into tears.

“Hey that isn’t meant to upset you.”

She shook her head.

“I just think I lucked out when it came to stepchildren.” Ella said.

“Well get gluing.” Nic told her. “I have lots of shoes to work on.”

Ella wiped the tears and smiled getting back to work.

“How are things with the party planning?” she asked.

“I got Mike involved at the weekend and we created these invites for everyone. He used your laptop and did something clever with some pictures. We’ve got silhouettes of disco dancers and a sixties chick in opposite corners. They give the date and time etc. “ Nic grinned at her. “Ruby and Annie and Aden are in charge of handing them out. I’ve ordered a limousine to take us to the city to go back to that salsa club.” She smiled. “I think Aden is planning something for Geoff.”

“And how is your Dad?” Ella asked.

“He’s ok. He’s started sorting out the food for Saturday.“ Nic told her.

“It’s coming around quick.” Ella said.

She finished one shoe and started on another.

“I know. 12 days and counting.” She said. “I can’t wait. Luckily I’ve finished the bridesmaid dresses and I’ve cut out the parts of the wedding dress ready to start sowing tonight.”

Ella grinned at her.

“And where are you going on honeymoon?” she asked.

Nic grimaced and smiled at the same time.

“Dad booked the honeymoon suite at the Sands.” She began. “I thought he did it for you at first but anyway,” she paused as she blushed at Ella’s quick look. ”we have the first night there and then we are in a tent in the bush for a few days. We are coming back so I can move into Irene’s and get settled before I start work. First thing we are going to save for is a holiday. Then we will put together the deposit for a place of our own.” Nic explained.

Ella looked at her and had to bite her lip from blurting it out about the house. She grinned.

“You two are sorted aren’t you?” she said to the girl, although she would have to start thinking of her as a woman, she’d grown up so much.

Nic smiled.

“I have never been as sure of anything in my life as I am of how much I love Geoff and how much he loves me. You know some of things we have been through Ella, but we are here now and it is wonderful.” She glowed as she spoke of her love for Geoff.

Ella chuckled.

“Ok Nic, these are done.” Ella said presenting the ballet slippers for inspection. She’d glued all the sequins on and sown the ribbon strips to the back.

“Perfect.” Nic told her and handed her another pair of shoes.

Ella grinned at her.

“I am supposed to be resting you know!” she grouched.

Nic looked at her.

“You’re in bed.” She said.

“There’s room for you too.” Ella told her.

Nic looked for a moment and considered it before she shook her head.

They finished the shoes and Nic wrapped them in tissue paper before putting them in bags.

“Now what would you like to do tomorrow?” Nic asked her.

“I get a choice?” Ella chuckled.

“Well no, I have to do ribbon bunches as part of the floral displays.” She told her. “And there are also the wedding favours to put together. Ruby and Annie have bought all the things needed so I thought a production line. If you are up to it.”

Ella burst out laughing just as Roman walked in.

“I thought you were supposed to be resting?” he grumbled and looked at his daughter.

Nic smiled at him.

“I’ve been having fun and Nic brought me something to do instead of lying here bored. And what happened to my hello kiss?” Ella said to him.

He frowned at them.

“What happened Dad?” Nic asked him “You were in a better mood earlier.”

He sat down.

“Sorry. It’s nothing.” He said.

Ella smiled at him and held out her hand. He took hold of it looking at her fingers and the slim platinum band on the third finger. His thumb touched it relevantly. He leaned forward and kissed her slowly.

Nic groaned.

“Right I’m going to go. I’ll see you tomorrow Wicked Step Mother.” She said.

She turned and picked up the crate with everything in it. Roman held out his hands and she grinned and put it in them letting him carry it.

“Back in a minute.” He told Ella.

He walked out with Nic.

She waited until they were out of earshot of Ella before she asked him what was wrong.

“I need to tell Ella something and I don’t know how. “ he said. “In fact I’m not sure how to tell you.” Roman grimaced.

“Dad?” she asked quickly.

“Before you panic over this you need to be aware it doesn’t mean I am going anywhere.” He said. “The Army has decided to retain me in the reserves.” He said softly.

He took a quick look at her face and put the crate on the floor pulling his daughter into his arms.

“Nic it doesn’t mean they are going to send me anywhere. It just means they could.” He kissed her as he felt her tremble. “Chances are I’m going to be too old anyway.”

She looked at him.

“You can’t tell her at the moment.” Nic said.

He nodded.

“And you think she won’t worm it out of me within five minutes?” he asked.

He picked up the crate again and carried out to her car. She pressed the button disabling the lock and he put in on the back seat.

“You could tell her you’ve been having an affair.”

Roman groaned.

“And that will help how?”

“Well then you turn around and tell her you’re in the reserves and you lied about the affair and if she put it in context it will be the lesser of two evils.” Nic said with perfect Nicole logic.

He smiled at her.

“That so won’t work.” He grinned.

She put her head on one side.

“Well if you think about it what is worse being in the reserves or fooling around behind her back.”

Roman threw his head back and laughed.

“Well if I actually had the energy left for another woman no wonder they’ve called me back into the reserves I’m superman.”

Nic was torn between laughing and blushing.

She climbed in her car instead and with a wave out of the window she left him too it.

He went back to Ella’s room and paused outside the door for a long moment before going in.

“Hey.” She greeted him.

“Hey.” He said softly.

He leaned over and kissed her before pulling up a chair.

“So what is going on?” she said immediately.

“Nothing. “ he tried.

She nodded, as if she believed him.

“What is Aden planning for you men?” she asked.

He grinned.

“We are going into the city. I know of a few places to go into.” He looked over at her.

“I bet you do Roman Harris.” She said.

“You don’t have to worry about me, Miles is coming with us.”

She let out a short bark of laughter.

“How could you be that cruel to him?” she asked.

“Cruel?” he murmured.

“You know what you are like when you start drinking! It’s a good job this has been arranged the week before the wedding because I can only imagine the state you lot are going to be in the following morning!”

He laughed and then his mood sobered.

“I have something to tell you.” He said finally.

“I know.” She smiled at him.

“I’ve been…” he stopped.

Nic’s words burst to the front of his brain and instead of the words I’ve been retained in the reserves, he blurted out other words which he’d had no intention of saying.

“Having an affair.” He groaned as the words escaped.

Ella’s head snapped up and she scrambled out of the bed to slap him round the face.

“No wonder you wanted me to leave.” She hissed the words at him.

“Ella.” He said hastily, one hand rubbing his face.

She glared at him.

“Out.” She told him.

“I need to explain.” He tried again, cursing Nic for even putting the stupid idea in his head.

She shook her head.

“Tell me you at least showered between her bed and mine? Or was it in our bed. Although it isn’t ours is it? Because you slept with half of Summer Bay in the bed in our room.” She looked down on the tiled floor for a minute. “Oh my god!” She muttered. “You’ve been having unprotected sex with me. Do I need to be tested for anything?”

Roman started laughing unable to stop himself even as he felt her hand connect with his face again.

“Ella.” He said again catching hold of her.

She glared at him.

“I’ve been retained in the reserves. The army contacted me today.”

She laughed.

“Ella?” he asked cautiously.

She stopped laughing and looked at him.

“You are in the reserves?” she said seriously.

He nodded.

She giggled.

“That wasn’t quite the reaction I was expecting.” He said after a minute.

“Because you told Nic before me and that is where the ridiculous bit about having an affair came from.”

He looked at her and stroked the hair from her face.

“Ridiculous?” he asked.

She nodded.

“When do you have the time? Let alone the energy?” she murmured.

He grinned.

“Are you saying I couldn’t manage it?” he said.

She nodded.

“You can’t even keep up with me.” She said a light in her eyes.

He grinned and stood up lifting her back on to the bed.

“Behave yourself.” He muttered.

She smiled at him.

“No.” he said folding his arms across his chest.

She looked into his eyes and grinned at him.

He lent over and kissed her. She wound her arms around his neck and kissed him back passionately.

“I’d like to point out you are in hospital and supposed to be resting.” He said. “Not to mention where the hell did you get this wanting to do it in places where we could get caught from.”

She looked at him.

“You said the beach not me!” She pointed out.

He felt his body react automatically at the memory of that encounter and how wild she’d been with him. He couldn’t help grinning.

She pulled back and held his hand pulling it to her belly. He pressed his hand on her, feeling their baby kick.

“I guess Junior is saying we should behave ourselves.” She told him with a smile.

He laughed and pressed a kiss to her lips just as Rachel came in.

“Will you two cut it out.” She said to them.

They broke apart and looked at each other, both of them thinking about what Rachel could have walked in on and blushed.

Aden and Geoff met on the beach. Geoff had already done his warm ups and waited wile Aden caught up. They started out with a gentle pace to warm up before digging in and pounding their feet in the hot sand underneath their trainer-clad souls.

“So what have you got planned?” Geoff asked eventually, panting from the run.

Aden grimaced.

“Lots of stuff.” He gasped. “This is the first run I’ve been on since coming back to the bay.” He grimaced. “I think my lungs are about to explode.”

Geoff would have chuckled if he’d had the spare breath.

He stopped and handed Aden his water bottle.

The other man sank down to sit on the sand and took a long drink. He pulled off his T-shirt and wiped his face with it.

“Do I look as red as I think I am?” he asked Geoff.

Geoff finally sank down beside him and shook his head.

After a time passed Aden looked over at Geoff.

“Roman knows a few places to go to.” He said.

Geoff nodded.

“I want to make a few things clear.” Geoff said.

Aden smirked.

“I had a feeling this run was going to be used for a chat like this.” He grinned.

“We haven’t been the best of mates Aden. But I trust you as my brother and as Nic’s brother.” Geoff began.

Aden looked at the sea for a long moment. He started when Geoff’s hand rested on his shoulder. He found it strangely comforting and some of the guilt he felt about sleeping with Nic all those years ago lifted.

“I want to look back on this night as yes, a wild time but without guilt. So no getting me plastered and I wake up in some blondes bed.” He began. “Unless it’s Nic’s off course. The rest I don’t care about.”

Aden laughed.

Geoff stood and stretched. He reached down and pulled Aden to his feet.

“Bible Boy, I don’t like you.” Aden said to him as they began running again.

Geoff grinned at him with out comment.

“Have you handed out all the invites?” he asked him when they’d stopped their jog.

Aden nodded.

“I’ve got a car booked to take us into the city. You, me obviously, Roman and Miles.” Aden told him. “Very low key.”

Geoff looked over at him and nodded.

“I’m sure that with you and Roman it will be anything but low key. “ he said.

Aden grinned.

“I’ve never actually been out with Roman so I’m pretty sure I might need your protection Bible boy.”

Geoff laughed.

“Ok, now I’m getting worried.” Geoff admitted.

Aden looked over at him.

“Maybe we should get Nic to have a word with him so he goes easy on us.” Aden suggested then grimaced.

“If that wasn’t hiding behind a woman’s skirts then I might do it.” Geoff said. “But I have a feeling that Roman would laugh at us and we’d end up with a hangover that lasts until my first anniversary.”

Aden chuckled.

“I’m not sure that would be medically possible to drink that much but I think he would find a way. The man can drink.” He said softly.

Geoff shaded his eyes and looked at the blue car that draw up outside the surf club.

“What is it?” Aden asked.

Geoff turned to him.

“What would you do if you found out someone had hurt Belle?” Geoff asked him.

“I would be tempted to violence. A lot of violence.” Aden confessed.

Geoff nodded.

“Its not my place to do what I’m about to do Aden and Nic may just be a little upset with me.” Geoff looked at him. “So I may need you to help smooth things over.”

“Bible boy what happened to I don’t know vengeance is mine sayith the Lord or turn the other cheek.”

“Very good passages in the bible.” Geoff told Aden.” But I’m tending to lean towards you hurt Nic here is my fist.”

“Bible boy you are my hero.” Aden grinned at him.

Geoff nodded.

He stood and walked over to the blue car and the person getting out of it.

“Well well well!” Darren Hughes exclaimed. “Geoffy Campbell.” He said.

“Darren Hughes.” Geoff exclaimed. “You are a lot early for our wedding.”

“Yeah well I wasn’t do much of anything. Thought I would come check out the bay.” Darren said.

Geoff nodded.

“Well let me show you around.” Geoff said softly. “This is the surf club and if you follow me I’ll show you the best bit of beach.”

Aden smiled as he heard Geoff’s tone of voice.

Darren followed them slowly and was unprepared for Geoff when he suddenly turned around and hit him.

“Waoh!” Darren Exclaimed. “What the hell was that for?” he muttered after suddenly finding himself flat on his back.

“That was for Nic.” Geoff said. “Now you have a choice you can stay there or you can get up but I warn you that if you get up I may just hit you again. You hurt my future wife.”

“She was asking for it. I don’t know what she told you but she was all over me.” Darren exclaimed.

Aden took a step toward the prone man.

“I highly doubt that. And you should know that is my sister you are talking about.” Aden told him menacingly.

Darren wiped the trail of blood from his split lip.

“And you should know that her Dad is ex army.” Aden added.

Geoff grinned at him.

“She wanted it. She was a slut.” Darren gasped.

“I don’t care if she’d slept with a hundred guys you have no right to force yourself on her.” Geoff told him.

“I didn’t.” he said. “She begged for it.”

Geoff looked at Aden.

“You’re right.” Geoff said. “I’m sorry.”

He held his hand out and Darren took it and stood up. Aden glanced at Geoff and saw him smile slowly.

“Here let me help you brush some of that sand off.” He said and suddenly grabbed the other man by his T-shirt. He lifted him off his feet and snarled in his face.

“Get out of Summer Bay or I’ll tell her Dad what you did and you really don’t want that. Really.” Geoff snarled. “You make me sick.”

With a burst of strength he threw the other man backwards and he fell back on the sand.

“One more thing. If I ever hear that you’ve done anything similar to anyone else I will hunt you down and hand you over to Nic’s father.”

Geoff turned and walked away. He was breathing heavily and his heart was racing. He had only even been that angry once before and that was the time he’d punched Aden.

Aden followed him into the surf club.

“Geoff.” Aden said softly.

Geoff sighed.

“I know.” He said. “I shouldn’t have done that.”

Aden nodded.

“But I understand.” Aden told him. “I sorta hope he stays around because I’d love to see the little weasel have to deal with Roman.”

Geoff laughed.

Ella waited at the hospital impatiently for Roman.

He turned up an hour later that he said he would.

“I’m sorry. There was a rush at the diner.” He said placing a kiss on her lips.

She folded her arms and glared at him.

“Uh huh.” She said. “I just want to go home.” She said, “Come on.”

He grinned at her.

“Impatient.” He grinned at her.

She turned and looked at him.

“You know I like instant gratification.” She said and watched as he blushed.

“I see you have calmed down.” He told her lifting up her bag and walking out with her.

“Nope, I want sex. If you are lucky I may wait until we get home.” She told him grinning.

“You may have to wait a bit longer than that we are surprising Nic with the house. I’ve got Irene there and Geoff and Nic will be meeting us in about 30 minutes.”

She looked at his profile as they set off and folded her arms across herself.

“And did you think about asking me first.” She said grumpily.

“Ella I’ve had a tough day. I’ve been planning a lot of things and the timing hasn’t quite worked out. Today is the only time we can do it. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t give me a hard time.” he said to her.

She went silent and let him concentrate on the driving.

They pulled up outside the house and went inside. Irene was already there and they joined her upstairs in the bedroom where Roman busied himself finishing putting together the wardrobes. Ella gave Irene a hand making the bed.

Roman turned to her.

“I managed to get all those things you gave Nic and put them downstairs in the kitchen.” he said.

She nodded.

“He’s been flamin’ busy I can tell you.” Irene told her. “We were here painting until after midnight. And he had to wait for the bed to be delivered too.”

Ella didn’t comment nor did she see the look that Roman gave Irene.

They went downstairs and waited for Geoff and Nic to arrive. Ella went into the kitchen and looked at the worktops and new cupboards.

Roman came up to her and opened a cupboard to show her the dishwasher.

“You went for it after all.” She said.

He smiled.

“Yes.” He said.

She smiled.

“Ella” he began and stopped as they heard a car arrive.

They walked to the door and opened it.

“Ella?” Nic asked puzzled.

“Hey Nic.” She said softly.

“Ok what is going on?” She asked walking into the house. She turned to Geoff as she saw Irene standing there.

“Irene?” Geoff asked.

Roman stepped forward.

“We’ve bought you a wedding present.” Roman told them.

“This house?” Nic gasped.

Roman nodded.

She turned to Geoff and looked at him. She clutched his hand unable to speak.

“You bought us this?” Geoff asked slowly.

Roman nodded again.

“It needs some work on it. But we’ve put in a new kitchen for you and bathroom. The rest is up to yourselves.” Roman told them.

Geoff stepped over to him and shook his hand.

“Oh my god.” Nic said. “Thank you!”

“I bought you a little present too. It’s upstairs in the bedroom.” Irene said.

Nic grinned and caught hold of Geoff’s hand and ran dragging him up the stairs.

They heard every door open and close and looked at each other and grinned.

“Are they excited do you think?” Irene said to them.

Ella laughed.

“That could be a yes.” She said, hearing Nic squeal upstairs.

She walked over to Roman and put her arms around his waist and kissed him.

He sighed putting his arms around her.

“You been stressed?” she asked him.

He nodded.

“Been trying to do lots this week. I have to help Alf tonight too.” He added.

She looked puzzled.

Irene said softly.

“Alf has hired a dance floor and a disco for the party tomorrow night. It’s his wedding present to them “

“We got the marquee up today.” He said.

She rubbed his back.

“How about some TLC this weekend.” She said and kissed him again.

“Yes please.” He said and gave her a squeeze.

They saw Nic and Geoff coming down the stairs.

“Thank you thank you thank you” Nic said and threw herself at Roman.

He picked her up as he hugged her.

“You are wonderful Dad.” She said to him. “I love you. I’m so glad you came and found me.”

Ella looked at her husband and saw a glint of tears in his eyes.

“I’m so proud of you Nic.” He said softly.

Geoff put his arms around Irene.

“Thank you Irene. Thank you for taking me and Annie in when we had nowhere to go and looking after us.” He said emotionally. “Thank you for this present. We were so lucky to have you.”

Nic looked over at Geoff and smiled at him.

“We decided that you can have the furniture from your room too Nic.” Roman told her.

“You need to know that this is from your Dad. I didn’t pay for it Nic.” Ella said.

Nic looked at her and smiled even wider.

“Thank you Step mama.” She said.

She looked at Geoff and went into the kitchen. She opened all the cabinets and saw that the bits that Ella gave her were put in them. She gasped.

“A dishwasher.” They heard Nic exclaim.

Irene and Roman grinned at each other.

They came out of the kitchen and once more hugged everyone.

Roman pulled the deeds out of his pocket and the keys.

“Irene and I have spares but these are for you.” He handed one to Geoff and one to Nic, before placing the deed to the house in Nic’s hand.

“It’s in your name at the moment but you just need to get it amended after you get married.” Roman told her.

She nodded and reached for Geoff’s hand.

Geoff looked at her and smiled.

“Seriously, we can’t believe you’ve done this for us. It’s awesome.” Geoff said.

Roman grinned.

“I think we’ll leave you to it.” he said to them.

They said their goodbyes and watched as Nic closed the door and checked that the key worked. Roman chuckled.

He drove them home and carried her bag upstairs to the bedroom. She followed him.

“Roman?” she asked cautiously, once inside the room.

“I heard what you said about the other bed.” He said.

She walked over and touched the wrought iron headboard.

“So you bought us a new bed?” she said.

He nodded.

“I probably should have waited for you to help me but I had Nic take that catalogue into the hospital and do some spy work for me.”

She looked at him grinning.

“I thought she had guessed what we were doing with the house. I nearly blurted it out.”

“Did she guess the right one?” he asked.

Ella nodded.

“It is the right one yes. And I love that she used that material I bought to do the bed cover.”

He grinned at her.

“Yeah, I noticed that you hadn’t used it.”

She kissed him.

“Thank you. It’s wonderful.”

“Great. So you get in bed and rest I need to go lay a dance floor and if you could just not demand sex from me for about a month that will be great.”

She chuckled.

“I will give you a very special massage when you get in. Text me when you are on your way home and I'll a have dinner ready.”

He pulled her into his arms.

“I love you Ella.” He said.

“I love you too,” she told him, pressing her lips on his.

He grimaced and turning went to help Alf put down the dance floor.

Roman, Miles and Tony worked to put the dance floor down. There may have been some beer involved.

“So come on what are you wearing?” Tony asked Miles.

He grinned.

“I have flares and a wide collar shirt.” He told him. “What about you?”

Tony grimaced.

“Rachel has got me a white disco outfit.” He groaned.

Roman laughed.

“I’ve got a pair of flared jeans somewhere I think and a few things I can adapt. I haven’t really given it much thought.” Roman said, taking a swig from the bottle.

“How is Ella?” Tony asked.

“She seems better.” Roman said noncommittally.

Miles looked at him noticing the lines of strain on the other man’s face.

“Are you boy’s finished your break or should I just do the rest for you!” Alf grumbled.

Tony laughed.

“We were just discussing what we are wearing tomorrow night.” Tony told him. “What are you wearing Alf?”

“Flaming Nora!” Alf exclaimed. “You turned into a bunch of girls?”

Roman chuckled.

“I think that is Alf talk for get back to work!” he said.

Miles nodded.

The three men stood up and went back to work.

They laid the floor, the wooden planks fitting together like jigsaw pieces. Alf lifted the speakers into place for the disco. He waited until they had completed the middle section and he set up the ladder for Miles to help him string lights and put the disco ball up. He plugged them in and switched them on checking they worked.

Tony and Roman put in the last section of floor, before setting up tables and chairs around it.

They put lanterns on each of the tables. And then watched as Alf brought out some posters. Roman chuckled as he saw one of them. The cartoon character Snoopy in flares and headband with the slogan ‘Peace Dude’ on. There was another one with the peace symbol on and ‘Make Love not War’ across it. A silhouette disco couple was on the final one with the phrase ‘Disco lives forever’ on it. He helped Alf put them up.

“Is the disco hooked up?” Miles asked them.

Alf nodded assent and Miles went over and put some music on. He grinned as he heard an old Temptations hit. He clicked the next track and the Animals hit ‘We’ve got to get out of this place’ came on.

They looked up in surprise as Roman laughed.

“It’s one of El’s favourites.” He said to them in explanation.

“I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard this.” Alf told them.

Roman handed the man a beer.

“Nam?” he asked.

Alf nodded.

“How many tours?” Miles said softly.

“Just one but it was one too flaming many. I don’t mind the fighting for my country bit, I’m proud of that. It’s the men who didn’t get to come home.”

Roman nodded.

“Yes.” He said softly. “To fallen comrades.” He began a toast. He looked at both Tony and Miles. “And lost loved ones.”

The four men looked at each other solemnly for a moment.

“Miles I think we need something cheerier to listen to.” Roman told him.

He grinned and clicked on an Elvis track.

“Now that is more like it.” Alf grinned.

They finished their beers before heading their separate ways. Roman sent a quick text to Ella to say he would be home after dropping Miles off.

“Ella.” Nic called out.

“I’m here.” She answered walking down the stairs. “What is it?”

Nic grinned.

“I need to ask a favour.” She said and pulled Geoff into the room. “We both do.” She added ignoring Geoff squirming beside her.

“Ok what do you want?” Ella asked puzzled.

“Well two favours.” She looked at Geoff who had gone slight red.

“Nic just spit it out.” Ella told her.

“We need you to get my dad not to get them too drunk tomorrow. Apparently Geoff and Aden are a little worried about it.” She looked at Geoff and folded her arms.

“I’ll do what I can.” Ella said. “But I don’t know if I can promise.”

“And the other thing is. We need to learn to cook.” Nic told her.

“I hope you aren’t going to ask me for lessons I’m hopeless.” Ella told her, grinning.

“No you aren’t. I looked in those cookbooks I know.” Nic said. “And I also saw what my Dad didn’t.”

Ella looked up.

“Nic?” she said.

“I’ll tell him about the Cordon Bleu certificate.” She blackmailed her.

“You wouldn’t dare.” Ella said. “And how come you saw it anyway?”

“Harry showed me.” She said. “When he showed me that kitchen.”

Ella swore.

“I only did the course as a bet. I still can’t cook.” She said.

“You can cook enough to teach us so we don’t starve.” Nic muttered.

“Fine.” Ella muttered. “But in secret. I do not want your Dad to ever find out.”

Nic nodded.

“I think I can conveniently forget I saw anything.” She told Ella with a grin.

Ella walked into the kitchen and Nic followed.

“You dad will be home soon. I’ll give you a lesson tomorrow. We’ll go to Yabbie creek and do some shopping and then take it back to your house.” Ella said. “What else is wrong?”

Nic looked up.

“Nothing.“ she said quickly.

Ella looked at Geoff.

He shrugged.

“I bumped into the man who hurt Nic.” Geoff explained.

“I hope you bumped quite hard.” Ella said with a grin.

Geoff explained what happened.

“Well fine. I didn’t expect you to take his side.” Nic muttered.

Ella looked at Nic’s face and pulled the other girl to her and gave her a hug.

“Nic it’s not a question of sides. Geoff is taking care of you. I think he did the right thing. He stopped the other man from being in the Bay and from you bumping into him without warning. And Aden was there too which you know is your brother taking care of you too. They didn’t have to tell you but they did. There is someone who tried to hurt me once and my brother hit him, but we weren’t in a position for me to avoid him so I would still bump into him and it was awful.” Ella said in a rush with a shudder.

“Oh Ella.” Nic said and held her.

“It’s ok sweetie. I loved the bit where you threatened him with Roman.” Ella grinned.

Nic looked up and smiled.

“I suppose that was kind of funny.” She admitted.

Geoff leaned over and kissed her and then pressed a kiss to Ella’s cheek.

“Excuse me.” Roman said walking in on the scene.

Ella giggled.

“Just bonding.” Ella told him.

Roman walked over to her and kissed her.

“You look tired.” She said softly.

He nodded.

“What have you been doing?” Nic asked.

“Something with Miles.” Roman told her.

Nic nodded and she looked at Ella.

“Tomorrow at 9am.” Ella said to her.

She grinned and turning led Geoff up the stairs.

“Something I should know about?” Roman asked her.

“Last minute shopping with Nic.” Ells told him.

She went to the oven and lifted out the pasta dish she had prepared and the garlic bread.

“I went for simple.” She said to him.

“Smells great.” Roman told her sinking on to a chair.

She served it up and placed it in front of him.

“So you want beer?” she asked.

He shook his head.

“I’m going to eat this grab a shower and head to bed.” He said.

She smiled at him.

“And you should know the bed hasn’t been used. I slept downstairs last night.” He confessed, not mentioning that he had been too tired to go upstairs and that he missed her too much to sleep in a big double bed without her.

She leaned over and kissed him.

“How about instead of the shower I run you a bath?” she suggested. “Soak those tired muscles.”

He nodded after a moment.

She waited until he cleared his plate and then cleared the table.

“Give me a minute and then the bath will be ready.” She said giving him another meltingly good kiss.

He nodded and lent back in the chair. She made sure she walked away form him with and extra wiggle in her step and heard him chuckle behind her.

She climbed the stairs and went into the bathroom. She lit a few candles while the bath was filling with hot water. She added relaxing bath foam and swirled it in the water.

She looked up and saw him in the doorway.

“I was going to call you.”

He grinned.

“I found my eyes drifting shut.” He said.

She smiled at him and watched as he undressed quickly. He tested the water in the bath and climbed into it with a blissful sigh. She picked up a sponge and started washing him all over.

“El I love you.” He said with a sigh.

She grinned and leaned forward to kiss him.

She dropped the sponge in the water and began to give him a back massage.

“Ok I really love you.” He said.

“Feeling better?” she asked after a time.

He nodded.

She kissed him again and reached for a towel watching as he climbed out and she it handed to him. He dried his body and went through to the bedroom. She tidied up the things and blew out the candles as the water was swirling down the drain.

She walked in the bedroom and saw he was already in bed.

She stripped and pulled on a nightdress before climbing in next to him. He turned so he was facing her and she pulled his arms around and snuggled next to him.

“Goodnight lover.” She said.

“Ella” he murmured tiredly.

“Tomorrow.” She said to him with a chuckle.

He sighed as though he were planning to say something to her but she felt his breathing even out and knew he had fallen asleep. She grinned and soon she was asleep too.

Roman woke up when his alarm went off. He sighed and pressed a quick kiss on her lips before he left the bed. He dressed and went to the diner for his shift. After a spell under the warm covers Ella climbed out of bed and went into the shower. She dressed and went downstairs waiting for Nic and Geoff to appear.

“Come on.” She said to them.

Nic sighed.

“Don’t we even get coffee?” she asked.

“No, I can’t stand the smell you’ll have to make do without.” Ella told her.

They followed her out the car and she drove into Yabbie creek. She took them to a cookware shop picking up a few extra bits for the kitchen. A wok for stir-fries, a decent frying pan, baking pan set, a chopping board, spice rack, serving and mixing bowls, utensils, measuring jugs, tea towels, napkins. Nic looked at the growing items with a frown. Ella grabbed some cookbooks from a rack and put those in the trolley. She grinned at the other girl. They went through the tills and Ella paid.

“Geoff can you take these back to the car please I need to get something for tonight.” Ella asked. “We’ll meet you there.”

Geoff nodded and took the bags and Ella’s keys and set off.

Ella went a few doors down and into a fancy dress shop. She picked up a blonde wig and selected a dress. It was really short when she tried it on and Nic raised her eyebrows.

“Perhaps not.” She said.

Nic grinned. She went over to one of the rails and pulled out a dress in black. Ells grinned and tried it on shaking her head.

“I need something special.” She said to Nic.

Nic grinned at her.

Elle found another black dress. This one was straight shift dress. She had a silver chain belt she could add to it and pair of shoes. She tried it on and her increased pregnancy related bust size pushed out the dress so it was even shorter. She grinned and went over to pay for it.

Carrying the bags they went back to the car and met with Geoff.

“Sorry for the delay. Lets do a food shop.” She said and put her bags in the car and driving them to the supermarket. They shopped for another hour before heading to their house. She made them unpack the food and decide where they wanted everything to go.

Nic looked at Geoff.

“We should get a memo board and organiser. “ She said. “We’ll need to sort out the bills and when they come in. Plus we should make a list of things that we need and price them up.”

Geoff grinned at her.

“There is a second hand shop in Yabbie Creek you could get some furniture from.” Ella suggested. “And you have spare bedrooms, and this is only a suggestion, you could invite someone to stay with you for a while to help with the money.”

Nic and Geoff looked at each other and smiled.

“But Ella I thought you were happy with my dad. I mean if you are going to miss me that much then of course you can move in.” Nic said to her.

“Daughter, how long do you think it would be before your father comes and carries me home.” She said.

Geoff laughed.

“Anyway you want to learn to cook. We’ll start with something easy.” She told them. “Lasagne.”

She showed them how to cook perfect lasagne. Each of them making white sauce and pasta sauce before adding the pasta sauce to the mince and layering the pasta in the oven dish. Nic sat on the floor watching it cook through the oven door because she didn’t trust it not to burn.

They wrapped the dish up in foil and took it with them back to the house.

“Hey.” She called out.

“I’m upstairs.” Roman replied.

Ella grinned.

She turned to Geoff and Nic.

“There you go serve up lunch see what your dad says.” Nic shook her head and clutched the hot dish to her. Luckily it was also wrapped in a tea towel. Ella gave her a little push towards the kitchen and Nic sighed before walking in there.

Ella went upstairs and saw Roman looking in the wardrobe.

“Something to wear tonight?” she asked.

He grinned and nodded.

She went over and kissed him before digging into the back of the wardrobe and pulling out a pair of boot cut jeans.

“Not quite flares.” She told him.

He smiled at her.

“So what do I wear with them?” he asked.

She grinned looking at him.

“Ella.” He said quickly.

“Oh ok.” she muttered. “How come you like it when I parade around half naked but when I want you to do it it’s a different story.”

Roman chuckled.

“Perhaps because I think Colleen has a blood pressure problem and it wouldn’t be a good idea.”

She reached into the dresser drawer and pulled out a bandanna and leather waistcoat.

He grinned at her.

“Uh huh.” He said cautiously.

She pulled out friendship bracelets and some surfer beads and handed those over.

He got changed in front of her and looked puzzled at the bandanna.

She grinned and folded it over until it was a thin strip of material.

“Hold your arm up.” She told him.

“Measuring my bicep again?” he asked.

She grinned.

She tied it around his arm.

“Now all you need is a pair of black boots.” She told him.

He shook his head and took a step toward her.

“Nope I really need something else.” He said grinning at her.

She shook her head.

“No, me and bump need a rest.” She said. “Anyway your daughter has lunch downstairs. And if you could ask someone to make me a sandwich that would be good.”

Roman laughed and leaned forward to kiss her.

He turned and went downstairs to see Nic and Geoff.

“Hey.” He said to them.

Nic looked at him.

“Dad.” She began. “You can’t wear that.”

Roman looked up.

“And why not?”

She shook her head.

“Do you want everyone to see you in that outfit? Its practically indecent.” She said.

After a moment she caught both Geoff and Roman grinning at her.

She groaned.

“Now you know what I felt like when I saw your first school uniforms Nic. Any shorter and they wouldn’t have been skirts they would have been belts.” Roman said grinning. “And anyway Ella chose this outfit.”

“That explains it. She’s hormonal.”

Roman chuckled.

“Nic what are you trying to say here?” he asked sitting at the table.

She sat down opposite him.

“Well it’s like this. I’ve just been informed that half of my class thought you were …” she blushed and shut up.

Roman reached over and kissed her.

“I’ll stop teasing you now Nic.” He said. “Ella said you had lunch ready and could someone make her a sandwich.”

Nic nodded she looked at Geoff and he opened the fridge.

“Cheese and salad.” Geoff asked.

Roman nodded.

“Is everything set for tonight?” Nic asked. “All the food done?”

Roman grinned.

“It’s all at the surf club ready.” He told her.

“Why didn’t Mike come home this weekend?” Nic said quickly with a frown, “Not because I’m taking up so much time is it?”

She didn’t notice Geoff smiling at her.

“Nope he really had a school thing. He’s coming home on Wednesday so that he can help if you need any running around or anything doing.”

She grinned and pulled out her phone and sent him a ‘thanks brother’ text.

“He is great.” She said, tears shimmering in her eyes.

Roman nodded, he looked over and saw the sandwich was done so he stood and took it and drink upstairs to her. She was curled up on the bed. The white shawl around her. When he got close he saw that she was hugging Travel bear.

“Hey.” He said softly and groaned when he saw she was crying.

“Sorry. Just feeling a bit sad.” She said.

She held out a photo to him and he took a looked at it. He saw her as an 8year old with her brother.

“He put it in the backpack on the bear. I forgot it was there until a moment ago.”

He smiled at her and put the sandwich and drink to one side, he pulled her into his arms, holding her as she cried.

Nic served up the lasagne onto the plates and Geoff reach out to hold her hand.

“Are you really mad at me for …” Geoff began to ask.

Nic leaned over and shut him up with a kiss.

“Geoff I’m only upset because I don’t want you to feel guilty. And it’s my past. I feel horrible that it keeps coming up and I don’t want it to hurt us.” She said softly. “As for thumping the idiot and then lifting him off his feet. Well that is another feeling all together.”

He looked over into her eyes and chuckled.

“Would you like a demonstration of my strength later?” he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

She blushed and nodded shyly.

He laughed and kissed her. They broke apart when they heard a cough from Roman.

Nic giggled.

“Now you know what I’ve been putting up with.” She told him.

He kissed the top of her head and smiled before sitting at the table and eating.

Ella packed a holdall with clothes and put it to one side. She dressed in the black dress, put on lots of eyeliner and false lashes and brushed her hair into a sleek chignon at the back of her head before slipping into the flat black shoes. She added the silver chain belt around her waist stroking the slight bump protectively. She caught Roman looking at her and she grinned at him.

“Very sexy.” He said. “Is it my imagination or is something getting bigger?” he asked.

She blushed and put a hand on her breasts.

He chuckled and went over and kissed her.

She stroked his face.

“Not shaving?” she asked.

He shrugged.

“Takes too long and I’ve been rushing around doing stuff.” He said to her.

She smiled at him and put her arms around his waist feeling his smooth skin underneath the waistcoat.

“I hope you aren’t starting something because I swear these jeans are tighter than they used to be and well I don’t want to embarrass myself.”

She chuckled.

“Better stop looking at a certain part of me that may be getting bigger.” She told him.

“Yes, you are right I’ll look at your very long legs instead.” He grinned.

She grinned and lifted one of her legs to rub it against one of his as she kissed him deeply.

He pulled away slowly and grinned at her.

“Turning me on just as I’m going to take the boys to a strip club might not be a good idea.” He said to her smiling.

She looked at him softly.

She leaned forward and whispered in his ear that as long as she didn’t hear about it he could do what he wanted.

He shook his head before laughing.

“Where are you taking them anyway?” she asked.

He named a couple of places and groaned when he saw her nod.

“You aren’t supposed to know them!” he said to her folding his arms across his chest.

“Where do you get this impression of me not having a wild side from?” she asked.

“Oh I know you have a wild side, I’d just like to not picture you having that wild side with other men.” He groaned.

She giggled at him.

She picked up her holdall and started walking down the stairs. They saw Nic, Annie and Ruby dressed and waiting in the lounge. She grinned at them and nodded at Roman who went into the kitchen and opened a bottle of champagne pouring out drinks for everyone including a small amount for her.

“Nic I have to say you carry off the space age Barbie look very well.” Ella told her looking at her in the silver mini skirt and boob tube and the pink wig.

Nic grinned at her and sipped the champagne.

“And thanks to you for the loan of the boots.” Nic said.

Ella shook her head.

She turned to Annie who looked sweet and a perfect 60’s chick at the same time, and then to Ruby who looked like Cher.

They heard a car pull up and went outside into the limo. Roman climbed into the front and noticed the partition slide up. He grinned.

The car did a slow tour of the Bay before heading for the Surf club.

Roman opened the back door and Ella climbed out first before the others. She gasped at the scene. A line of wooden decking led to the marquee on the beach, a series of lanterns led the way along the side of it, interspersed by the occasional small mirrored disco ball. She heard Nic squeal with excitement behind her and throw her arms around the other girls. She dragged them down the pathway toward the marquee.

Roman grinned.

“If it wasn’t so much hassle and money It would be worth Nic getting married every week to see her this happy.” He said.

Ella sighed and threw her arms around his neck. She blinked back tears.

“I love you.” She gasped.

Roman chuckled and kissed her just as Rachel and Tony walked up to them.

“See what did I tell you? They are always at it.” Rachel grumbled to Tony.

“They’ve only been married for 5 months.” Tony said. “It’ll wear off soon.”

Roman looked at the other man.

“Sorry am I giving the other men in the Bay a bad time?” he asked. “I can leave her alone if you want. Lets go drink beer.”

Ella grinned.

“Come on.” she said and they walked along the pathway into the marquee. She gasped when she saw the Snoopy poster.

“Did you tell them?” she asked him.

Roman grinned and shook his head.

“What?” Rachel asked, standing next to her.

“I used to have that poster.” Ella said.

Rachel laughed.

“The place looks terrific.” Ella said.

Roman led them over to a table sitting next to Irene who was wearing a pair of red flares and patterned top. She had fluffed her hair up and had a headband on.

They all looked up as Alf walked in with Colleen. He was dressed as Elvis in white jump suit cover with rhinestones. Colleen was wearing a flared black catsuit.. She had a long brown wig on with a woollen beanie cap on. She was also wearing platform boots.

Ella turned to Rachel and Irene.

“We ought to have something like this every few months.” She grinned.

Irene chuckled.

“Aside from the week of her saying she didn’t know what to wear I would agree with you.”

She said and turning to Rachel. “How did you get Tony into that outfit.” She asked her.

Rachel grinned, as she looked over at Tony in the white flared trousers, white waistcoat and black shirt. His hair slicked back.

“I said I would have lots of sex with him.” she giggled. “Ella told me to say that, said it works all the time.”

They looked as Aden and Belle came in. Belle dressed in tight electric blue leggings and an A-symmetrical top. Aden was wearing blue denim flares, platform boots; although they weren’t as high as Colleen’s appeared to be, a green shirt and beads. He also was wearing a black Afro wig.

“Oh my god.” Ella looked at the others and laughed.

Behind them walked in Geoff who was wearing black flares and a red disco shirt, open to the waist.

Ella reached into her handbag and pulled out a small camera. She grinned at the two women.

“Well we have to remember this night.” she said.

“Darl I’ve got a feeling some people won’t be able to remember this night come morning.” Irene said with a chuckle.

Alf walked up to the front of the disco. The DJ turned the music down and handed him the microphone.

“Ladies and Gentlemen.” Alf began. ”I’m not that good at this speech business but I couldn’t let tonight go by without something said. We all know the couple we are here to help celebrate their upcoming wedding tonight and they have been through some tough times over the years but always come good. So, tonight is my wedding present to you. The bar is free. Enjoy yourselves.” Alf grinned as Nic and Geoff gasped. He looked around the room and added in a perfect impression of Elvis. “Thank you very much.”

The room exploded in spontaneous applause.

Nic and Geoff ran over to him. Nic threw her arms around his neck.

“Thank you thank you thank you.” She said.

She kissed his cheek and pulled away.

A tide of colour washed over his face.

“Don’t worry Mr Stewart I’m not going to kiss you.” Geoff said. He held out his hand and Alf shook it. “Thank you. It means so much that you’ve done this. I don’t think we can put it in words.”

Alf grinned.

“You two are welcome.” He said. “Now there is some good music coming up so I expect you to do lots of dancing!” he said and left them to it.

Geoff turned to Nic and they hugged each other.

“Bible boy, save some of that for the strippers later.” Aden grinned.

Nic glared at him.

They started the dancing off and others joined them.

Ella had taken snaps from all around the room. She tucked her camera away and went in search of Roman.

“I suppose you want to dance?” he said.

She nodded.

“And I can’t persuade you to do otherwise.”

She shook her head.

“Not if I promise lots of sex later.”

She shook her head.

“I really don’t want to dance.” Roman grouched even as he set off on to the dance floor.

Miles grinned at the other man and then spat out his drink as he watched them begin to dance.

Tony turned and put his hand on Miles shoulder.

“So basically we’re doomed.” Tony said.

Miles nodded.

“The man can dance. They kiss all the time and she’s pregnant just like that.” Miles said. “How are we supposed to keep up with him. Our partners are going to want romance 24/7.”

“You got that right.” Kirsty said from behind Miles. “Come on I want to dance.” She said.

Miles groaned and let her lead him on the dance floor.

Tony took the drinks back to the table and handed them out to Irene, Rachel and Leah.

He looked at Leah.

“I thought Martha was coming with you?” he asked her.

Leah shrugged.

“She said she would make her own way.”

Tony looked at Rachel.

“I suppose you want to dance.” He said.

She nodded.

“Well come on woman, in fact I feel like being a disco king tonight, it must be the outfit. Leah Irene will you join us?” Tony grinned and led all three women on to the dance floor.

The DJ picked up the Mic and shouted out.

“Ladies, gents and hustlers.” He began. ”We would like to point out that food is served. But before you rush off I’m sure some of you remember how to do the twist! Let’s teach these youngsters a thing or two.” He played Chubby Checker’s lets twist again.

Ella laughed and immediately started twisting, turning her feet on the floor. She went down on one knee twisting and back up before swapping legs and doing the same. Roman laughed at her. She grinned at him and soon he was doing likewise.

The DJ followed that by playing by the twist and finally twist and shout. Roman and Ella were the only ones left on the dance floor by the end of the medley.

They stood at the end of it to a round of applause from the room, Nic laughing at them and Aden put his fingers in his mouth and whistled.

“I need a long drink.” Ella said to him.

“Oh goody I think I need a chiropractor.” Roman grumbled.

She giggled and they walked over to the bar.

She had barely taken a sip when she jumped up and headed back to the dance floor, he stayed at the bar and watched as she danced with Ruby and Annie to the song Brown eyed girl.

Tony and Miles walked over to him.

“So Roman you dance?” they asked him together.

He grinned.

“Yes.” He said.

“Nothing to do with that mysterious phone call from Ella the other week.” Miles asked.

Roman chuckled.

“Ok, I give in. Ella damaged her knee and was trying to get fit again. She picked up these teach yourself Salsa dvds and roped me and practically my whole squad into helping her learn the salsa.” Roman said.

“That’s not embarrassing.” Miles said.

“It is if you dance with your Sgt.” Roman said. “Now enough. It’s time to drink Alf out of business.” He grinned.

Ruby and Annie got a slightly drunker than they had envisioned Nic into the Limo with Irene and Ella taking the last places. They set off.

Ella grinned and reached for the bag she had stowed earlier. She slipped off her shoes and pulled on socks then a pair of knee high boots. She added a black leather miniskirt. Pulling it up under the dress. She turned her back and pulled off the dress over her head. She picked up the silky top and pulled that on. Then undoing her hair she shook it out and plaited it tight to her head before pinning up the bottom half. She pulled out the blonde wig and shook it before putting that on.

“I take it you aren’t going to be coming with us.” Irene asked.

Ella grinned.

“Nope, I’m going to take a walk on the wild side.” She said with a chuckle. ”But I’ll catch up with you.” She added.

She refreshed her make up and tucked some money in her pocket.

Picking up her key she handed it to Ruby.

“It’s all sorted.” She told her and Ruby and Annie grinned.

Nic looked at her.

“Where has Ella gone and when did we pick up the blonde?” she slurred.

She knocked on the partition and the limo pulled over and she climbed out. She lent over and took her phone out of her bag and tucked it in her pocket.

“Irene can you take care of my stuff?” she asked.

The woman nodded.

Ella grinned.

“I’ll see you soon.” She said and watched at the limo pulled away.

She shook her head and pushed the hair out of her eyes before turning and walking into the club. She grabbed a drink at the bar and waited for a while. She didn’t have to wait long before she saw Geoff, Aden and Mile walk in followed by Roman. They went to the back off the club and ordered drinks from the waiter. She took a sip from her glass and waited watching them. Eventually she went onto the dance floor and started dancing. After a moment she saw Aden and Geoff make their way over. Aden had removed the afro wig at some point.

She saw Miles stand up and move to the men’s room. She took her chance and walked over to Roman. She started a seductive lap dance keeping her head lowered so he couldn’t see her face. He grinned for a moment watching.

“I’m not the one getting married.” He said to her. “Why don’t you come back in a minute?” he suggested.

“I could do that but I’m kind of spoken for myself.” She said, lowering her voice to a husky whisper.

“El?” he said, uncertain.

She looked up and grinned. Moving swiftly she put a booted foot on the chair beside him and leaned forward and kissed him, her tongue invading his mouth as she ran her hands over his bare chest.

Roman looked over and saw Miles heading towards them. He pulled away form her.

“Are you crazy?” He asked her but couldn’t help grinning.

She took a finger and ran it down his body and over the obvious bulge in his jeans.

“Come with me.” She told him.

He laughed and stood walking away from Miles. Ella kept her head down so she didn’t make eye contact with him. She knew they only saw a blonde leading Roman away to a secluded part of the club. She laughed huskily and heard Roman groaning behind her.

“Easy lover.” She said.

She turned and kissed him, catching sight of Aden and Geoff looking at them.

Roman groaned against her lips letting his hands roam all over her body.

“They are bigger aren’t they?” he said.

She grinned and leaning toward him she whispered in his ear before biting his earlobe gently, tugging it between her teeth.

“You aren’t playing fair.” He groaned.

She threw back her head and laughed. She tugged his hand and pulled him down a corridor and into a back room. She unzipped him and smiled as she fondled him.

“Have you been missing me?” she asked.

He chuckled.

“Yes.” He said.

He lifted her against the wall and her legs wrapped around him, she moaned as they began to make love before kissing him. Her arms wrapped around him. They didn’t notice Geoff and Aden opening the door and looking on in horror seeing Roman doing it with a mysterious blonde. They shut the door quick and went back to the table. They downed their drinks and ordered more.

“So what is he doing?” Miles asked them.

Aden and Geoff laughed.

“We can’t answer that.” Aden said.

“No!” Miles exclaimed. “With that blonde?”

Geoff nodded.

“How are we going to face Ella tomorrow?” he asked them.

Geoff shook his head.

“I never thought he would be so stupid. Ella is great.” He said.

They finished their drinks and ordered more. After a half-hour they saw Roman walking toward them.

“What’s up?” he asked them.

“Well you seem to be thinking with your dick!” Miles said angrily.

Roman chuckled and slapped Miles on his back.

“What happens on a bucks nights stays on the bucks night! “ he grinned, not telling them that the blonde was Ella. He looked up and saw her leaving the club. She grinned at him and he chuckled some more.

“Now then drink up everybody.” He said and downed his drink. He ordered more and added an order for whisky chasers for the beer.

They downed the next round so that they wouldn’t have to talk to him.

“It wouldn’t be so bad if you regretted cheating on your wife.” Miles said.

Roman laughed.

“What do you want me to say? Ella has been in and out of hospital and we haven’t been intimate. I was overcome by the moment.” He said to them.

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding us you wife is pregnant. That helps us not give you a hard time.”

Miles grumbled.

“Miles chill. “ he said.

He stood up.

“com’on you need to do some dancing or drinking or forfeits.” He said. “Lets have some fun.”

They reluctantly stood and Roman led them onto the dance floor. After a couple of songs and way more drinks than they could handle he took them out of the club and up the street. He stopped outside a tattoo parlour.

“Who is up for this?” he asked.

Aden put his hand up.

“Er is that a yes?” Roman asked the swaying man.

Aden nodded.

“Right what do you want?” Roman chuckled.

“I want bible boy tattooed on my arse!” Aden said.

“Er Aden are you sure?” Roman asked him.

Aden nodded.

“Maybe not my arse but I want that!” he said. He pointed to a picture of superman. “Only instead of S I want bible boy on it.” he said.

Roman took a long drink from the bottle of whiskey and sat on the curb.

“Do it.” he said.

Roman handed the bottle round and they all drank.

“Roman are you drunk?” Miles asked.

Roman looked at him.

“Well yeah!” He answered laughing.

Aden walked out of the tattoo parlour.

“I have an ouchie.” He said.

“Let me kiss it better.” Geoff told him.

Aden shook his head.

“Better not bible boy it’s on my arse.”

Geoff laughed and walked over to Aden. He took the other mans face in between his hands and planted a huge kiss on his lips.

“There is that better?” Geoff said. “Woo I’m drunk.” He shouted.

“What next?” Miles said.

Roman looked at the other man.

“You know you look sorta like a woman if you squint and hold your head to one side.” Roman told him taking another long drink.

Aden laughed loudly.

“Yeah, you should so dress as a women!” he instructed.

Miles laughed.

“And do what?” he said.

Geoff laughed.

“Well what do woman do they bloody shop. They buy more stuff than us.” He muttered. “Then its all do you remember that dress I wore to that thing. Like I’m going to remember a dress.”

He grabbed the whisky bottle and drank the rest of it. “and designers? What are we supposed to know about designers. I can’t tell a pranka from a versacki and what is with the bloody expensive wedding dress.”

“Ouh Geoffy are you having second thoughts about marrying my daughter?” Miles asked.

Roman stood up.

“I think that she is in fact my daughter Miles you only looked after her for a while.”

“nope. No. Nada. None. I love Nic. I do. I can’t imagine not being with her but you know I’m never going to get this fashion thing.” Geoff said. “and this bottle is empty.”

“Geoff fashion is like God.” Roman began. “You know it’s out there but you don’t always understand it.”

Geoff nodded.

“Ok. if fashion is god what are designers?”

Roman nodded.

“Disciples.” He said. “They spread the word of fashion.”

Geoff nodded again.

“Ok, I can live with that.”

Aden looked up.

“So who is Jesus?” he asked.

“That’s easy.” Geoff began. “Jesus is the son of Fashion.” He said seriously.

“Are you sure she’s not my daughter?” Miles asked.

“You can have her if you want but you pay for the wedding.” Roman grinned.

They started walking down the road and climbed into a taxi driving around for a bit. They found an all night laundrette and snatched some women’s clothes form the lost property box.

“Now remember where we are we need to return this stuff.” Roman said. He helped Miles change and fluffed out his hair.

“There is a shop over there.” Aden said grinning. “What are we going to make her buy?”

Geoff laughed.

“Woman’s stuff. “ he said. “A trolley full of stuff.”

“You mean…” Miles asked.

“Yes.” Geoff said.

Roman laughed.

They walked over to the supermarket and Roman went in and bought another bottle of whisky. He watched as Miles walked up to the section with all the women’s stuff in and put boxes of tampons in his trolley. He added towels and incontinence pads before getting the hair removal cream.

“I can’t believe he’s doing it.” Aden sniggered.

Roman laughed.

After ten more minutes of filling a trolley with every feminine article he could a security guard approached Miles and escorted him out.

“Do you treat your mother like this?” Miles was shouting as he was hustled out.

“You know Miles this is a good look for you.” Roman told him.

“Well my knees are bloody cold.” He grumbled. “Where are my clothes?” he asked.

Aden threw them at him and he pulled them on stripping off the large floral dress. He put on the shirt. They walked down the street and Miles ducked back in the laundry to hand the dress back in. He joined the others.

“Where now?” Aden asked.

“Back to the bay?” Roman asked them

“No it’s my stag night there must be more stuff we can do?” Miles said.

Roman looked at him and debated whether to tell him that he was still wearing the bra they had stuffed with socks.

“Geoff?” Roman asked.

“I’m going to be sick.” Geoff told him.

Roman laughed.

“Ok.” he said.

He pulled out his phone and dialled for the car to pick them up and take them back to the bay.

Ella buzzed at her studio door. Ruby answered it and let her in.

“Now what have you been doing?” Ruby asked her.

Ella blushed.

“None of your business young lady.” Ella said with a grin. She walked up the stairs and saw Nic was passed out on the sofa.

“What happened?” Ella asked.

“She drank a bottle of champagne.” Annie said. “So we are giving the salsa club a miss.”

“The champagne from my fridge?” Ella asked quickly.

Ruby nodded.

"It was non alcoholic.” Ella told them. “I bought it for Roman and I when we were here last.”

Ruby laughed.

“I am so going to enjoy telling her.”

Irene was sitting on the other sofa with a cuppa.

“Why don’t you take Irene for a dance and I’ll stay here with Nic?” Ella suggested.

Irene shook her head.

“To be honest I just want to put my feet up.” She said. “And if that isn’t a sign I’m getting old I don’t know what is!” she grinned.

Ella laughed.

“So did you enjoy the stripper?” she asked.

Annie pulled out a piece of paper.

“I have his number.” She said.

Ella giggled.

“Annie.” She gasped.

She collapsed next to Irene.

“He was hot.” Annie said.

Nic woke up and screamed.

“Nic?” Ruby said quickly.

“The blonde is back.” She said. “And she looks like Ella.”

“I am Ella you fool.” She told her.

“Oh that’s ok. Right Salsa club.” She said.

“Are you sure Nic?” Ruby asked her.

Nic nodded.

“As long as Annie has finished seducing that stripper.” She said.

“Er Nic I’m sitting next to you.” Annie said.

Nic laughed as she stood up and walked into the bathroom. She came out a moment later and screamed again.

“Ella take off that wig,” she told her “You keep scaring me. You look like my mother.” Nic shrugged. “Aside from the fact you are nothing like her of course, you’re nice.”

Ella grinned.

She stood up and went into her bedroom and got changed, pulling on a different skirt and top. She took off the wig and un-plaited her hair, finger combing the waves. She grabbed a jacket and went through to the lounge.

“Ok, I’m ready. Lets go.” She told them.

Nic laughed.

“Why do you have designer clothing and I have none?” she asked her.

Ella smiled.

“Because I take lots of lovely pictures for the designers and they pay me lots of money so I spend it.” she explained.

She pulled out her phone and dialled the limo to meet them downstairs.

Irene put her feet back in her shoes and took the cup through to the kitchen. They filed out of the studio and Ella took the keys from Ruby checking the place was locked.

They climbed into the limo and let it take them to the Salsa Club. Once they arrived they went inside and straight to the bar. Ella put a credit card behind the bar to run up a tab on the drinks and ordered something non-alcoholic for her and Irene and champagne cocktails for the girls. They ran out on the dance floor and began dancing.

She and Irene went in search of a table. The club was heaving but they managed to find a small table. They sat down and watched as the girls danced.

Irene grinned.

“I can’t dance like that.” She said,

Ella laughed,

“Its easy.” She said to her. “See that person over there that’s my friend. I’ll be back in a minute.” She explained and walked over to Migual planting a kiss on his lips.

“Querida.” Migual said to her.

“Hello. Darling.” She said.

“When you use that tone with me you want something.” He told her.

She nodded.

“My friend needs to learn to Salsa.” She said.

He grinned.

She led him over to Irene and introduced them. Migual led Irene on to the dance floor and Ella watched as they started to dance. He put his hands on her hips showing her how to move them and Irene blushed and giggled. Ella chuckled.

Ruby came over to the table and sank down onto a chair.

“Are you sure this was good idea Ella you look a little pale.”

Ella smiled.

“I am tired.” She confessed.

Ruby nodded.

“But I’m ok I’ll just sit here and we’ll go in a an hour ok?” Ella said softly.

Ruby looked at her for a long moment before nodding. She stood and headed for the dance floor. The club closed at 4am and they were thrown out.

“I love salsa.” Nic said. “Even if my dad is better at it than me.”

They climbed into the limo and headed back to the bay. Nic grinned and opened up the sunroof in the back of the limo. She stood up and climbed on the seat had her top half out of the sunroof. She put her hands out.

“I’m marrying the best man in the whole world.” She screamed. “I am so happy. And I really want to have sex with him.”

Annie looked at Ruby and they laughed before pulling Nic down back into the limo and closed the sunroof.

They dropped off Irene and Annie before heading home. Ruby and Ella had to help Nic up the stairs to her room. She saw Geoff in bed and she climbed in with him.

“I love you Geoff.” She said to him.

Ella grinned at Ruby and they went to bed.

She climbed in next to Roman who woke up.

“Hello my wild woman. I would like to point out that everyone nearly lynched me tonight because they thought I was being unfaithful.” He grinned at her.

She chuckled.

She snuggled next to him.

“I’m so tired. “ she said and yawned. “I’ll tell them tomorrow.” She promised.

Archived