Leah/Rachel

I'm a bit annoyed they didn't ask Leah to be Godmother - although i think Martha/Hugo was more Tony's decision and Rach just wants to make him happy right now i guess. I'm sure she will be involved in the baby's life though, Aunty Leah :lol: I know Rach is close to Martha but it's always been Leah she turns too first - although i guess Martha has been through a lot recently and it would be lovely for her.

I'm really annoyed to. The reason I'm so annoyed is because the only reason Martha was asked to be godmother was for the sake of one scene, to cause tension between her and Hugo. It was a typical storyline contrivance and they completely ignored the history of Rachel and Leah's close friendship, Leah was the first one Rachel wanted to tell when she found out she was pregnant, she always goes to her when she has problems, they're best friends :( I agree with you though Kirsty, I think it was Tony's decision and she's gone along with it because it's a sensitive subject and close to his heart..

I think it was more Tony's idea. He was all exctied about it, bless him. I think Rachel just wanted to keep him happy after everything they've been through. It's a shame Brad didn't even get a mention, he is more family to the baby that Hugo.

I'm sure Leah will be involved in his life :wink: She'll be like an Aunty, aww :wub:

She's still Rachel's best friend and i don't think this will change that at all. I hope we see more scenes with them together soon, i'm sure Leah will be helping Rach out and stuff.

(And honestly i think the writers just did this for the whole tension between Martha and Hugo, which is stupid becasue to be realistic Rach would ask Leah first no questions)

Edited by KirstyEkua

Even though the writers had a minor brain lapse when they had Rachel & Tony asking Martha to be Godmother instead of Leah, I was really pleased that their forgetting how close Leah & Rachel are isn't a permanent thing after today's episode (4889)

Leah was really sweet, looking out for Rachel, giving her advice on being a Mum after Rachel started panicking. What's really nice with their friendship is that on the whole, Leah is the one giving Rachel advice which makes a change as Rachel is usually the one who has to deal with everyone's problems. It's nice that Rachel has someone to look out for her and talk to and I liked how Leah promised she wouldn't leave Rachel to bond with the oven :lol:

The writers wrote the characters really nice today, with Leah admitting she was really stressed for weeks when expecting VJ and Rachel admitting she feels the same she's just trying to hide it, be strong and that she's so used to being in control she's scared about that being taken from her. It was good character continuity I thought and they complement each other well so I can see why they're such close friends.

I wasn't too impressed with the writers yet again not showing us any scenes of Rachel talking to Tony and instead just implying that he's been telling her the same, but that's for another thread...

I loved the Rachel/Leah scenes today. It was so nice seeing them being all close and Leah reasurring Rach she wouldn't leave her alone with the oven :lol: That was really lovely and i hope we see scenes of them together with the baby.

I loved that it was Leah who went after her when she got a little nervous after Colleen's ramblings :lol: Very sweet and i always love their scenes together.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see that Leah was the one who stayed with her in the actual room until Tony came in, and who was at the hospital until he was born. I assumed she's seen him already as she told everyone he was 'gorgeous.' :) Hope we get to see her helping Rach, those first few months with a newborn are difficult!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while but i really loved Leah's involvement with Rachel and Tony tonight. She was so incredible with Rachel when she was watching over Harry with her, just rubbing her back and telling her no one could love their child like Rachel loves Harry. It was all so sad but im so happy she was there for Rach. It was quite bittersweet that she was the one who realised Rach has PND, and poor Tony's face when she told him. He looked heartbroken. But although they negelct it way too much im glad the writers haven't forgotten how close they are.