Adelle Question

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Adelle Wedding??  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think marriage as a traditional institution suits them as the modern and unconventional couple they are. Putting aside what may or may not happen, they seem like the kind of couple who could easily live together for a decade before getting married, if ever. I just don't think if Summer Bay were real life, Aden would be the sort to propose and Belle wouldn't be the sort to want him to!

I agree. If Jessica wasn't leaving then i doubt they'd have this proposal storyline. I think it's cute they're living together but marriage is way to big a step for them. They've barely been together a year, and have been off more than on, so it makes no sense. They still dump each other when they can't cope, proving they're nowhere near ready to make such a serious commitment.

They don't dump each other because they can't cope they dump each other so what their going through doesn't put pressure on their "romantic relationship" take a step back to move forward. Anyway I agree the writers wouldn't have done a marriage proposal just yet because Belle and Aden would have more screentime together and they would have extended their relationship out. But they have shorten it because of Jess' limited time on home and away.

If their relationship can't withstand the pressure of whatever they're going through, then it's not very strong.Are they still going to carry on like this when they're married?It's not as though Belle broke up with Aden so he wouldn't have to see her in rehab or Aden broke up with Belle so she wouldn't have to see him in the clinic, it was the other way round.You judge a couple on how they deal with their problems and Aden and Belle's method seems to be "Break up with them, wait until they've sorted it out on their own, their jump back into bed with them afterwards."

They don't dump each other because they can't cope they dump each other so what their going through doesn't put pressure on their "romantic relationship" take a step back to move forward. Anyway I agree the writers wouldn't have done a marriage proposal just yet because Belle and Aden would have more screentime together and they would have extended their relationship out. But they have shorten it because of Jess' limited time on home and away.

Don't you see how seflish and awful that is? That's a terrible way to think about a relationship.

If they really loved each other they'd stick together and support each other through the bad times. Thats what relationships are all about. You can't just stay for the good times then as soon as it gets a little rough bail until things are fine again. The fact is when they need each other the most they're not there. And that's probably just becasue they're both young and not ready to deal with such pressures. Marriage is just a step too far for them. All recent behaviour indicates they're no where near ready to commit to each other for life, when so far they're deserted each other at every hurdle the relationship has faced.

Don't you see how seflish and awful that is? That's a terrible way to think about a relationship.

If they really loved each other they'd stick together and support each other through the bad times. Thats what relationships are all about. You can't just stay for the good times then as soon as it gets a little rough bail until things are fine again. The fact is when they need each other the most they're not there. And that's probably just becasue they're both young and not ready to deal with such pressures. Marriage is just a step too far for them. All recent behaviour indicates they're no where near ready to commit to each other for life, when so far they're deserted each other at every hurdle the relationship has faced.

Looks like we have had Belle and Aden's relationship defined as selfish and terrible by an Adelle fan who tried to make it look good :lol:

I agree though that it relationships are all about staying together through thick and thin.If they do get married the priest will have to skip the bit where he says " do you promise to stay together in good times and in bad" :lol:

Looks like we have had Belle and Aden's relationship defined as selfish and terrible by an Adelle fan who tried to make it look good :lol:

I agree though that it relationships are all about staying together through thick and thin.If they do get married the priest will have to skip the bit where he says " do you promise to stay together in good times and in bad" :lol:

So, as my avatar pretty much gives away, I'm an Adelle fan and I wouldn't really agree with any of you. When Belle broke up with Aden he had just held her hostage, scared her senseless and she probably felt like she didn't know him at all. That was her reason for breaking up with him, not because she didn't want to see him in the clinic(she did actually go and see him there, as Aden did for Belle too eventually) or so his problems didn't put pressure on their relationship. She had just been through a really traumatic experience which was his doing and for me her breaking up with him at that point was completely understandable. She needed time and distance to work through what had happened and she needed to see that deep down he was the person she had fallen in love with, not the guy who had held her hostage.

Aden's reason for breaking up with Belle was way more selfish, he didn't want to see her in clinic but I don't think that's a terrible thing that they should never be allowed to move past. Aden's been through some awful things and although it's not an excuse his abuse and his father's addiction have left him scared and they still affect him. His relationship with Belle is the first real relationship he has had and ending things with her at a the time when she was at her lowest ebb because of how it made him feel was selfish and a mistake but he didn't know any better, he doesn't have experience of relationships. In fact the only experience he had to fall back on was Belle breaking up with him when he was in the clinic.

In his letter to her he even mentions that. But using that to justify his break up with her wasn't right because she didn't break up with him to "help him" like he seemed to interpret it, it was because she couldn't support someone she wasn't sure was the person she'd let herself fall in love with and because she wasn’t sure the trust she had placed with him was well founded. She even says to him "You held me there as if I meant nothing to you" which to me shows that she ended things because she was confused about the entire foundation of their relationship and it was only as he recovered and she witnessed it that she could see that he was still the guy she fallen in love with, that she did know him and that she could support him through it which she eventually did even when they weren’t together.

Yes Aden’s reason for breaking up with Belle was selfish and wrong but he has realised that. He's learning from his mistakes and I don’t believe that he would ever let himself make that mistake again. He has been there for her since she came out of the clinic and even though he wanted to be with her he accepted that she couldn't deal with that right now and he never pushed the matter. He only made a move when he could see that she felt the same.

I also don't agree that they have "deserted each other at every hurdle" because there have been so many times, even when they haven't been together, when both of them have come through for the other. When Aden told Belle about his abuse she supported him and when he freaked out again afterwards she told him she was fine just holding hands. She didn’t dump him or put any pressure on him to take things further than he felt comfortable with. Even at the start of the episode where they do consummate their relationship she tells him that he doesn’t have to apologise for wanting to stop. Aden was the one who decided to take their relationship further and even then Belle made sure he didn’t want to stop first. She was completely understanding and supportive about the whole thing.

There are so many examples of Belle being there for Aden actually. Just whilst typing this I’ve remembered her lending him her savings so he didn’t have to stress about the mortgage on Larry’s house and then she helped him when he was frantically looking for his Dad after the accident with Jai and Axle.

Oh and then there was the time she stayed with him in the hospital when her only real link to him at that point was as a co-worker! And let him sleep on her floor that night(even if he ended up in the bed!) when he turned up drunk.

Ultimately Belle is the reason why Aden isn't in jail right now, he would never have admitted what he went through in that court room if it hadn't of been for Belle's support.

And then there’s Aden. Only a few months ago he chose not to go to uni and work on a prawn trawler instead so he could support Belle through her recovery after her attack and her injuries from the formal and recently he has really been there for her, to the point where he put his own life in danger to stop a guy he believed Belle was involved with, from doing something stupid. He’s the one who went to visit Irene is jail with her because he knew how much she hated it, he's the one reminding her how important it is to go to meetings and he’s the person she ultimately trusted and chose to confide in when tempted with Claudia’s sleeping pills.

Yes they’ve made mistakes in their relationship and they have both ended things with the other at times which I’m sure with hindsight they realised they shouldn’t have done but these weren’t little, petty arguments these were MAJOR hurdles, drug addiction and attempted murder to be exact and who wouldn’t struggle to cope with that?

The fact is they’re by no means perfect. They’re human and they make mistakes. That’s what happens in relationships. Life is not a fairytale, it’s about making mistakes and overcoming them and that’s what Aden and Belle have done.

Right now they are in a really good place and I agree that were it not for Jess leaving the writers wouldn’t be so keen to move them in together or marry them off. But I can see why Belle and Aden would want to do these things now. They’ve been through so much and there have been so many occasions in the past six months or so when they’ve diced with death, Belle’s overdose, her attack, her car accident, Aden hanging off the roof. They’ve seen how wrong things can go but at the same time they know how good it can be, like it is right now and I can understand why they would want to grab hold of that with both hands and make the most of it, to have everything now because they know how precious it is and how close they came to losing it.

N.B Sorry for the rant – I started off making one little point and then this whole essay rambled out of me :lol:

I possibly put it a bit strongly in my last post, I agree they do support each other but they also seem to hit crisis point quite often and that's why I think they should be taking things slowly, not rushing headlong into middle age.Life isn't a fairy tale and I think the biggest problem with Aden and Belle is that they think it is.Their relationship seems to be full of grand gestures that don't pay off.Belle thinks everything will be all right now Aden's told her about his abuse, Aden thinks everything will be all right if he can sleep with Belle.But it isn't enough to stop Aden trying to kill his father and it isn't enough to stop him taking Belle hostage and ultimately that breaks their relationship up.(Note how completely unsupportive Aden is of Belle during this period, even when she's trying to help him.)Aden makes the big gesture of giving up uni to look after Belle and oddly seems to think the gesture's enough, spending hardly any time with her and needing Nicole to point out that she's become an addict.It's interesting that it's Aden's frustration over it that causes Belle to overdose:These two might make each other happy sometimes but they aren't half experts at making each other miserable.Every time they get over a problem they seem to think that that's it and they're going to live happily ever after only for another problem to spring up and them to have trouble dealing with it.

Which is why the whole moving in together and thinking about getting married just strikes me as another big gesture and a pretty desperate one at that, as if Aden's thinking "Well, we haven't tried that before so maybe that's what we need to do to stay together."And the speed with which one follows the other is just ridiculous and a sign of the writers doing a complete handbrake turn when they realise how long they've got Jess back for:The two just don't follow on from each other, certainly not at that speed.(You live together either as a substitute or a prelude to getting married, you don't decide after a week that it's working so you should take the next step.)Given that I don't think they're in the right place to do one or the other, both is just ridiculous.

I possibly put it a bit strongly in my last post, I agree they do support each other but they also seem to hit crisis point quite often and that's why I think they should be taking things slowly, not rushing headlong into middle age.Life isn't a fairy tale and I think the biggest problem with Aden and Belle is that they think it is.Their relationship seems to be full of grand gestures that don't pay off.Belle thinks everything will be all right now Aden's told her about his abuse, Aden thinks everything will be all right if he can sleep with Belle.But it isn't enough to stop Aden trying to kill his father and it isn't enough to stop him taking Belle hostage and ultimately that breaks their relationship up.(Note how completely unsupportive Aden is of Belle during this period, even when she's trying to help him.)

He was a little busy having a mental breakdown at the time, he couldn't keep himself together let alone support anyone else!

Archived